The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Men's tennis night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Men's tennis night

Post by suzyjohnson on 05.06.13 19:21

Thurs May 3rd was men's tennis night at the Ocean Club. The tapas 7 (excluding the McCann's) were recorded on CCTV at the beach restaurant at 18.13pm, after which the men - David Payne, Russell O'Brien and Matthew Oldfield left to take part in the tennis. I have put in the capital letters in the following statements -

Gerry McCann's statement - 'During the afternoon of that day, the rest of the group, including the children, were at the beach, having returned at 18H30, the time at which he saw David Payne next to the tennis court. David went to visit Kate and the children and returned close to 19H00, trying to convince the deponent to continue to play tennis, which he refused, as he had already been plying for about an hour AND HAD TO GO BACK TO HIS WIFE. Nevertheless, Russell, David and Matthew stayed to play'.

Jane Tanner's satement 'The witness together with her friends and children returned from the beach at about 18h20, they passed by the tennis courts and saw ALL THE MEN, INCLUDING GERRY ON COURT. They stayed there talking to them for about 20/30 minutes. Gerald behaved normally'.

Matthew Oldfield's statement - About 18h00 he, Russell AND DAVID went to a social men's tennis match, held in the above resort area, WHERE THEY REMAINED UNTIL ABOUT 19h00. He clarifies that when they arrived at that meeting Gerald was already there, with Kate and her children watching the match (???); the rest of the women and children joining them [Kate and children] later. At 19h00 he, Russell AND DAVID had finished the match, having then gone to their respective apartments in which they found other members of the group'.

Diane Webster's statement - 'the deponent states that around 19h00 she had gone TOGETHER WITH THE PAYNE COUPLE and their children to the apartment in order to prepare them for bed'

Rachael Oldfield - By 18h30, the women and children returned from the beach in the direction of the "Ocean Club" with a view to seeing their husbands play tennis, who had returned from the beach about five minutes before.

So when, exactly, did David Payne go to visit Kate? From the evidence of others there wasn't the opportunity for him to have gone to 5A between those times, so unless he happened to see Kate on his way back to his own apartment who asked him to return to the tennis court with a message for Gerry, then that visit (not mentioned by either Kate or David until much later) probably didn't happen at all. I think the most likely explanation here is that Gerry McCann abandoned that tennis match just a few minutes after 7pm because his wife needed him urgently back at the apartment, as he himself says he 'had to go back to his wife'

Then again, the PJ know this already!

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Men's tennis night

Post by Guest on 05.06.13 20:44

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.06.13 23:23

@suzyjohnson wrote:I think the most likely explanation here is that Gerry McCann abandoned that tennis match just a few minutes after 7pm because his wife needed him urgently back at the apartment, as he himself says he 'had to go back to his wife'
Then again, the PJ know this already!
How would he know he had to ?

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 06.06.13 0:05

I suggest either -

1) David Payne brought a message back and instead of trying to persuade Gerry to continue playing, told him he had to go back immediately
or
2) Kate phoned / texted Gerry
or
3) Perhaps he could see their balcony from the tennis courts?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 06.06.13 0:13

@suzyjohnson wrote:I suggest either -

1) David Payne brought a message back and instead of trying to persuade Gerry to continue playing, told him he had to go back immediately
or
or

Agree

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.06.13 7:11

@suzyjohnson wrote:I suggest either -

or
or
I don't think you can see the apartment from the tennis courts.
Tapas bar is in the way.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 07.06.13 8:49

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/notwviewfrompatio.jpg

Yes, you're right PeterMac this is the view from the apartment.

Maybe one of the other two options then?

Or, someone else could have taken a message to GM? Either one of the tapas group or anyone headed that way?
Or, KM could've sent a text to someone nearer the tennis courts?
Or, KM could have put the twins in their cots and run round herself to somewhere GM could see her?

A few ways she could have let him know he was needed back at 5A.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 07.06.13 22:30

if an accident or they were involved in any way, other than leaving children this is when it would have to have been. presumably all texts checked by police. when I saw the photo of poor madeline on tennis courts I thought she did not look well

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum