The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Donatie Katie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donatie Katie

Post by aquila on 01.06.13 16:38

The findmadeleine website home page is all about donating money or buying 'goods'. Why there is a need to donate money to the Fund Limited Company given the McCanns are not searching for Madeleine and have declared this in an update is unclear - but ask for donations they do. The website also promotes Kate in her triumphant pose at the London Marathon flagging up Missing People. New buttons for donation appear.

Kate McCann in her first ever article written by herself for the Sun newspaper tells us her ambassadorial role is voluntary within the Missing People charity.

The charity Missing People have accounts that make one wonder how their incredible staffing costs justify their existence. What about service delivery? - it's not clear what their service delivery achievement is. It's not actually clear what they do imo.

findmadeleine.com, the £37,000 website set up with public donations does little other than to ask for donations, has the odd update which lack information about Madeleine other than for the McCanns to talk about themselves or the Missing People charity to which Kate has attached herself voluntarily. There is also nothing said about any achievement whatsoever in searching for Madeleine.

....and yet 'donate' is the command on the nice pink/purple home pages of both findmadeleine and Missing People. Lovely pictures of women running to help children. No immediate mention is made after an event to say exactly how much that event took - you'll have to wait for the annual report for that - it's just onto the next event.

Donatie Katie?

It seems so.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Donatie Katie

Post by sheila.edwards on 01.06.13 16:49

least she can do after all the help they have been given is run its the title that shocked me in view of what happened ! she says,she takes no salary which im sure is true, but id like that confirmed by charity itself if its possible or does anyone know? cant understand why they still have a spokesman and want donations as well as reviews they have had and investigations in Portugal etc,missing people also seem to give more attention to maddie than others which dosent seem fair

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.06.13 17:00

@sheila.edwards wrote:least she can do after all the help they have been given is run its the title that shocked me in view of what happened ! she says,she takes no salary which im sure is true, but id like that confirmed by charity itself if its possible or does anyone know? cant understand why they still have a spokesman and want donations as well as reviews they have had and investigations in Portugal etc,missing people also seem to give more attention to maddie than others which dosent seem fair

Who knows? who knows what the Limited Company has done? the accounts are as clear as mud and there isn't any meaningful update on the website - just mutterings of 'not sure where our campaign will be'...'thanks for supporting us in our summer campaign' words to that effect - no-one knows what the campaign is but just keep sending us money. I'm afraid Kate is in my opinion someone who just appeals for donations.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 01.06.13 18:35

Asking for money six years on, when the man of the house is on a Consultants wage and they are not looking is disgusting. Simple as. Mr and Mrs McCann, flog your house, downsize and donate the equity to the Review, it's the very least you should do. Other people are more deserving of the money than you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 01.06.13 18:50

Disaster funds are usually short lived, and we all give generously, however they are not usually pushed into our faces years on. Perhaps there is an unwritten code, so that emergency aid takes precedence when there is a disaster? It does seem discourteous not to step aside so funds can reach areas that are most in need.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.13 19:20

From 2011

If Madeleine's Fund remains as it is, with the current rate of expenditure, it will run out in Spring 2011. This would essentially mean that any kind of proactive search for Madeleine would cease. So again we need your help. If you can, please consider donating to Madeleine's fund.

£1 pays for the multi-lingual call centre availability for 1 hour
£2 per month pays for 12 travel packs that are distributed to holidaymakers going all over the world
£10 pays for 1000 posters that are translated and distributed across the world.
£25 pays for the access to a 24 hour multi-lingual telephone service for 1 day
£50 pays for the running costs of investigation office (and staff) for 2 hours
£420 pays for 10,000 multi-lingual prayer cards for Madeleine, with photograph and contact details

Someone knows what has happened to Madeleine. We simply need to reach that person. We need to obtain that key piece of information, that `missing piece of the jigsaw'. One call may be all we need to find Madeleine and who took her.

Our little girl is now seven years old; innocent, vulnerable and waiting to be found. Please, please sign the petition and help us to find her.

On behalf of my family, thank you.

Gerry

Along the lines of a third world charity.

It'd be interesting to know where the campaign materials were sent. Has anyone received any? You'd imagine that most of the material in question would have been distributed in 2007/8 and if that's the case why was their postal bill a paltry £204?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.06.13 21:07

She will receive expenses, and believe me they will not be mean with them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 01.06.13 22:28

Nothing to do with Donatie Katie but I am aware that there are some parents who seek to profit from their children.

Several years ago, a little boy was enrolled at my nursery 2 full days per week. Neither of the parents worked but mum explained it was because they wanted to spend quality time with their older, disabled child. I was too slow to realise that these 2 days were in fact school days and the child in question would have been at school (turned out that mum had a part-time cleaning job while claiming benefits.) Before learning of this I felt so sorry for them I even gave them extra free sessions when there was a place available.

The child's fees remained unpaid and continued to mount up. Every time I asked about the fees Mum gave me a very convincing sob story about her older child. I was to learn through others that she used her elder child and her gift of the gab as a meal ticket. They had massive 'benefits' help, free holidays every year etc because of the eldest child. Once, when coming to nursery to pick up her youngest she had a new puppy with her, a Bichon Frise. When I commented about how expensive it must have been she replied 'Yes, but it is for (eldest childs name). There are many more examples of this family's self-belief that they do not need to pay their bills because of their circumstances. They also think they can steal, father is a renowned burglar and is constantly in trouble with the police.

Two weeks ago, the eldest child died. I am afraid that I had a very uncharitable thought which was that 'they have lost their meal ticket.' But maybe not. They are now harassing local businesses for donations of goods that they can raffle and are constantly to be seen in the local pubs and supermarkets selling plain blue wristbands the proceeds of which they say they will 'donate to charity'. If it had been any other family I would believe them, but not this family. All donations will go into their pockets.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 02.06.13 2:42

yes, being a "victim" has become very lucrative. More and more people discover that. And of course the real victims are those who don't milk the money cow.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.06.13 13:37

@Nina wrote:She will receive expenses, and believe me they will not be mean with them.

....somehow I can't imagine Donatie Katie taking an economy train ticket to London or a National Express Coach.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 02.06.13 20:05

That passage in her book I believe where she wonders if people would mind if she bought strawberries in the expensive supermarket says enough.
She keeps on dropping names of expensive stores in the hope that will elevate her status, while it only shows her for the prol she is.
Indeed she will charge all expenses at the highest and up until the last sheet of toilet paper.

All my personal opinion of course.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 20:24

@lj wrote:That passage in her book I believe where she wonders if people would mind if she bought strawberries in the expensive supermarket says enough.
She keeps on dropping names of expensive stores in the hope that will elevate her status, while it only shows her for the prol she is.
Indeed she will charge all expenses at the highest and up until the last sheet of toilet paper.

All my personal opinion of course.

Wasn't the 'expensive' supermarket in question Waitrose?
So was she buying them from Asda before Maddie went missing?
She should be buying them from Harrods by now then.

eta: What's a prol?

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 02.06.13 20:34

I forgot the names, I'm from the other side of the big water.

It was one of those typical Kate whining things. "You think people would care if I bought my strawberries in X iso Y? Of course she wanted to hear: "no Kate only the best for you".

I made it clear that as long as you accept money from pensioners, school children, people with Down syndrome, and in general people who have less than she has, you bet I care. Until she has given the last penny out of her own pocket, imo she is morally obliged to eat and buy as simple as possible. But we know of course that did not and will never happen.

I just cannot understand how you have the gall to spend money from people who have much less than she has and live and spend as she/they have.

Amoral narcissistic sociopaths.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 21:36

Admin: I think that prol is short for proletarian, a pleb in other words.

I'm happy to be a pleb myself! Kate however tries to make out that she is better than anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 02.06.13 23:53

Not that it really matters but wasn't she, Kate, expecting a home delivery from Tesco that had to be cancelled. Have lost all touch with UK supermarkets and which one is posh and which is for the poor. I have heard that it is the new in thing to shop at Aldi Mrs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 23:59

I'm reminded of Margot, the snobby character from The Good Life, who ordered from Harrods.

I really can't imagine Kate mingling with the hoi polloi at cheapo Aldi!

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 03.06.13 3:38

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Admin: I think that prol is short for proletarian, a pleb in other words.

I'm happy to be a pleb myself! Kate however tries to make out that she is better than anyone else.

Sorry about that: indeed that's what I meant. I did not want to insult plebgate winkwink

Yes nothing wrong about being pleb or blue collar or working class. Everything wrong with pretending you're not and giving yourself away with your every move.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.06.13 6:45

@Nina wrote:Not that it really matters but wasn't she, Kate, expecting a home delivery from Tesco that had to be cancelled. Have lost all touch with UK supermarkets and which one is posh and which is for the poor. I have heard that it is the new in thing to shop at Aldi

That's right: they are everywhere, inexpensive and deliver top quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.06.13 7:32

@lj wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Admin: I think that prol is short for proletarian, a pleb in other words.

Sorry about that: indeed that's what I meant. I did not want to insult plebgate

Yes nothing wrong about being pleb or blue collar or working class. Everything wrong with pretending you're not and giving yourself away with your every move.

Once a pleb always a pleb and we used to know our place but since the internet the Margots of this world are not happy, not happy at all.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostfridge on 03.06.13 9:18

"£50 pays for the running costs of investigation office (and staff) for 2 hours"

Wow! that's not a lot of wages for two investigation office workers surely!! !!.

Lostfridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 03.06.13 12:48

StrawberryGate was Marks and Spencer-

Woman Magazine (May 2011)

Kate McCann: “I've always been self-conscious, not one to stand out in a crowd, but now I found myself worrying that if I nipped into a shop to buy some fruit, somebody would be thinking: 'They're asking us for money for their fund, but they're buying strawberries in M&S. Why don't they shop at Aldi and save some pennies'' http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/49may11/WOMAN_17_05_2011.htm

The grocery order is mentioned by Janet Kennedy in an interview with Andrew Graystone. Janet Kennedy sounds embarrassed to repeat that KM had the presence of mind to phone her the morning after Maddie’s abduction to do something about the online shopping order. But the McCanns say they were almost non-functioning? When Janet Kennedy arrived at the house that morning it was already swarming with media-

Andrew Graystone [AG] talks to Janet Kennedy [JK] and Clarence Mitchell (June 2008)

AG: Now Janet, you must’ve been closely involved with them, at that stage, although you were in England at the time. Was there a point where Kate and Gerry decided that they needed to be proactive with the media - to positively engage with the media?

JK: I -- I’m not really sure myself about that, you know -- at the time -- It’s not something I’ve discussed with them. My own feeling of the first few days was, you know, just try to get in touch with the Foreign Office, you know, to try and get some kind of help in terms of it being a foreign country.

I mean I know that the morning after it happened I -- Kate, you know, had phoned me because -- this sounds terribly trivial -- but they were due home the next day and she’d booked an online shop. I won’t give the name of the -- of the company -- of the supermarket -- and, you know, she sort of wanted something to be done about it. So I just went up to the house, you know, and erm -- to sort that out. And, you know, I just wasn’t prepared for the media interest at the house itself.

AG: What -- What happened?

JK: Well, there were just over a hundred people with cameras and reporters -- And they’ve got a sort of gate and then a little driveway and I mean I was -- I suppose I was really daunted, you know, by this sort of complete media intrusion, as I thought, at the time.

I’ve snipped the following extract from this interview which is off topic but a must read. Kennedy says the police descended on the villa without warning and took everything. Whether she is lying herself, or was lied to by the McCanns, I don’t know but what she says is a downright lie. The police had a warrant and the McCanns were informed and invited to be there. Read what she says about the police, evil, lies and the rest, and it is quite clear how this family have manipulated everyone from the start-

JK: …And Kate and Gerry tried to be proactive in the investigation and to give as much assistance as possible. And in those few days, August 8th - August 9th, I know that they -- they [the police] just suddenly descended without warning and took absolutely every stitch of clothing from the house.

And it was as though it was orchestrated really because the press - at that time - also were, you know, really beginning to be very, very negative and anti the McCann’s and there was suspicion that, you know, that they’d had something to do with Madeleine’s abduction stroke death. And there was a complete sea change that week. And my own impression of being there was that it was also -- almost as though it was a conspiracy - perhaps that’s an over emotional reaction to something. But Kate and Gerry were really at the end of their tether in that week because their search for Madeleine, you know, was totally obstructed.

AG: What happens to you as a person, or you as a family, when you --- you open that newspaper and it’s saying really deeply negative or shocking things about you?

JK: Well I think you sort of -- you’re being destroyed from within if you’re not strong enough to hold on to your own sense of who you are and the fact, you know, that in their case they knew they had absolutely nothing to do, at all, with Madeleine’s disappearance. And I mean I’ve -- I’ve -- you know Kate was my bridesmaid when she was five, when Brian and I were married, and I’ve known her since she was tiny. So I mean I knew myself, you know, that this was all fabricated nonsense. But it was more than nonsense - it was actually evil, you know - I felt a tremendous sense of evil about the place.

AG: Evil is a very strong word to use. What makes you choose a word like that?

JK: Because there were no values, you know. People were acting out lies. There was no integrity. Kate was treated in a really threatening erm -- an absolutely destructive way. But there was also the portrayal -- and it was very much, I felt over the weeks that there was an attempt to demonise Kate. Which interestingly -- I mean, from the sort of distanced point of view -- it’s an interesting thing I’ve observed in the media that often its women who are demonised and are portrayed, you know, as being deeply, deeply devious and, you know… and wicked.

Somehow, that isn’t done in the same way to men. And the fact that Kate’s picture was on the front of so many papers, so many times and they sort of went on about, you know, the fact that she was very, very thin or that, you know, she’d had her hair done, you know -- all those sort of personal comments about her….

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id255.html

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.06.13 13:13

StrawberryGate was Marks and Spencer-

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum