The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jeremy Wilkins

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 am

@plebgate wrote:As someone posted on a different thread, amazing how the papers dig into and report on other people and their backgrounds but never a word about the Tapas crew.

In this piece was there really any need to report that he is a former Nat. Sec. of the Zionist youth movement or that he attended a Habonim reunion.  


I am sure something like a person holidaying at the same time as the Tapas crew may have cast doubt upon............................. would have done.
A newspaper of his faith possibly promoting ? The important parts are in bold.

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I read somewhere that Gerry would contact Jeremy to try getting him to rethink his times....Anyone know a link to it.
Although its not quoted, why would the Jewish Chronicle say the conversation lasted 15 minutes. Very Puzzling. What with the woman in Plum coloured top hiding in the shadows......

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Estelle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:34 am

@ChillyHeat wrote:I read somewhere that Gerry would contact Jeremy to try getting him to rethink his times....Anyone know a link to it.
Although its not quoted, why would the Jewish Chronicle say the conversation lasted 15 minutes. Very Puzzling. What with the woman in Plum coloured top hiding in the shadows......
I thought that originally JW said he was walking the child from 8-9pm so this gave Gerry a lot of time to manoeuvre but he chose a time after 9pm.  I have never thought JW was there talking to GM that night at all really. JW said he was talking for a few minutes and GM claims longer. Like someone else said earlier, I think JW would change his statement if interviewed again unless he agreed to be GM's alibi. When they knocked on his door at 1am, I have always thought that was to confirm the alibi.
avatar
Estelle

Posts : 386
Reputation : 79
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 pm

@Estelle wrote:
@ChillyHeat wrote:I read somewhere that Gerry would contact Jeremy to try getting him to rethink his times....Anyone know a link to it.
Although its not quoted, why would the Jewish Chronicle say the conversation lasted 15 minutes. Very Puzzling. What with the woman in Plum coloured top hiding in the shadows......
I thought that originally JW said he was walking the child from 8-9pm so this gave Gerry a lot of time to manoeuvre but he chose a time after 9pm.  I have never thought JW was there talking to GM that night at all really. JW said he was talking for a few minutes and GM claims longer. Like someone else said earlier, I think JW would change his statement if interviewed again unless he agreed to be GM's alibi. When they knocked on his door at 1am, I have always thought that was to confirm the alibi.
I think JW saw quite a lot that night, and has tried to distance himself. Gerry took the opportunity of using him as an alibi after he placed Madeleines body in the flowerbed (imo). Tanner was awaiting the collection of Madeleines body but panicked possibly seeing GM and JW talking so made up Tannerman.

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Research_Reader on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Is it me or is it strange how virtually everyone involved in this case has either:

(1) Some unusual (i.e. non-average) religious beliefs
(2) Political connections/ power
(3) Large amounts of wealth
(4) Media influence/connections

____________________
avatar
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:04 pm

But I've yet to see a reprint of a UK news report, online, from almost that first hour, which claimed Dr. Gerry and one of the females from the Nine, were in the McCann apartment at the same time, shortly before the child allegedly 'went missing'. She left by one door, it was said, while he exited via the other. And the cops scratched their head, it was claimed, as to how they would both claim to be unaware of the other's presence in that very small apartment

That report, which cited the Portuguese police at the scene, was pulled, as were several others. To be replaced the story of Dr. Gerry bumping into a guy pushing his child around in a pram and stopping for a chat


Found this in an old forum search and was unaware of a possibility of Gerry and a female being in the apartment at the same time....Has anyone got any knowledge of this ?

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Maddie: The Secret Witness News of the World (no longer available online)

TV boss holds vital clue to mystery

By Dominic Herbert & Ross Hall
16 September 2007

THIS is the secret witness whose bombshell testimony could clear the McCanns.

Pictured here for the first time, Jeremy Wilkins' evidence blows holes in the police theory that Gerry and Kate killed four-year-old Madeleine.

Wilkins — seen outside his north west London home — was the man heart surgeon Gerry McCann, 38, spoke with for up to 15 minutes outside the holiday apartments — moments after checking on his children for the last time.

What the TV producer witnessed makes the statement he gave to police a key piece of evidence in the event of a trial.

A friend of Wilkins told the News of the World: "He is entirely convinced of Kate and Gerry's innocence. He believes they are a decent family caught up in an unimaginable nightmare."

We can reveal Wilkins constantly INSISTED to Portuguese detectives that Gerry was totally calm and unflustered as they chatted—far removed from the behaviour that might be expected of a man covering up the death of his daughter.

But another part of Wilkins' evidence ironically helped shift the police focus AWAY from their original kidnap theory.

For the 36-year-old holidaymaker turned the investigation on its head when he revealed a VITAL FLAW in the statement given by key witness, Jane Tanner (right), who claims she saw a man carrying a child away from the apartment complex.

Based on what he has said, Portuguese sources confirmed that police have doubts about Miss Tanner's evidence.

One said: "Her account has raised more questions than answers. She is high on the list of people we need to speak to again."

Wilkins was refusing to expand on what he has told police. His girlfriend Bridget O'Donnell —who was in Praia da Luz with the producer and their eight-month-old son—said: "We have decided it's not appropriate to talk about what happened."

Wilkins' pal added: "He came back from the holiday totally shell-shocked. He was part of a British crowd which included the McCanns who became friends as they holidayed in Portugal.

"He played tennis with Gerry the day before Madeleine disappeared. He has barely said a word about the whole case. He feels as a potential witness that would be inappropriate."

Wilkins—whose production company Zig Zag has made a string of controversial TV programmes—is likely to be re-interviewed as Portuguese detectives desperately try to build a case against the McCanns.

Some of the seven diners who were at the tapas restaurant with the couple on May 3 have already travelled back to Portugal once before to go over events leading to Madeleine's disappearance.

Next time they may be quizzed in the UK by British police assisting their EU counterparts on the inquiry.

Wilkins' crucial encounter with Gerry took place at 9.10pm on the main street outside the apartments next to the McCanns'—and at the entrance to a narrow alleyway that runs past the back of them.

The two were both tennis fans and had played each other during the course of the holiday.

On the night Maddie disappeared Wilkins was taking his eight-month-old son for a walk.

When he bumped into Gerry the two men chatted for up to 15 minutes before the surgeon returned to the tapas bar.

It was during this period of time that Tanner, 37, another member of the McCanns' party, said she WALKED PAST the two men on her way back to her apartment to check on her youngsters.

She told police that she saw a dark-haired man, aged about 35, carrying a child who could have been Maddie's wrapped in a blanket at 9.15pm—when Gerry and Wilkins would still have been chatting.

But Wilkins, viewed by police as a completely independent witness, told cops he could not recall anyone walking past him. And in all the time he was there he saw NO MAN carrying a child.

The TV executive is convinced he would have seen Jane Tanner pass by.

He said: "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."

And he also believes he would have seen the mystery man and child who would also have been just yards away.

Cops asked mum-of-two Tanner—on the holiday with with her partner Dr Russell O'Brien, 36—whether it was possible that the man and child she saw was Wilkins with his son.

Check

But a source told us: "She was adamant that it was not Jeremy Wilkins and his child. She is certain she saw someone else and stands by her account."

Gerry and Tanner returned to the restaurant separately shortly afterwards and it was at 10pm that Kate McCann went to check on the children and found Madeleine gone.

Wilkins' importance in the inquiry has only been highlighted because police are troubled by possible inconsistencies in the McCann friends' statements, including discrepancies in the times various people recall arriving at the restaurant.

The Portuguese police believe the McCanns may have been involved in Madeleine's disappearance and think one may be covering up for the other.

Officers are probing an unlikely "three-hour window of opportunity" between 6pm and 9pm when they suspect Madeleine was killed in the apartment and her body hidden somewhere nearby. Forensic evidence gathered so far including DNA or body fluid samples is thought to be inconclusive.

Portuguese police say they could name more official suspects in the coming weeks.

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Woofer on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

@Research_Reader wrote:Is it me or is it strange how virtually everyone involved in this case has either:

(1) Some unusual (i.e. non-average) religious beliefs
(2) Political connections/ power
(3) Large amounts of wealth
(4) Media influence/connections
Also film-makers = Emma Loach, Jon Corner and Jeremy Wilkins.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Plus Donal MacIntyre who came up with this absolutely barking theory - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwzIxpQgfs - has worked with Jeremy Wilkins.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Research_Reader on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Do we know if the McCanns had been to the Ocean Club or Praia da luz before?

____________________
avatar
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Officially no but there was a very early report that said they had been there before; it may not of course be correct.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Research_Reader on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:03 pm

When I was a child my parents used to take us on holiday to a resort in Spain. It was amazing how many people from our home town in England went to that resort and we knew several who owned apartments/villas there, and consequently knew some of the locals through them (i.e. people who looked after their apartments - cleaning etc - when they weren't there).

My point is that you can be apparently a long way from home, but still be within a network of people you know or vaguely know.

____________________
avatar
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Will check, but am sure JW was on the same flight as people from T9, travelled to the same resort....But struck up a friendship with GM. 
The most puzzling this was GM told him on their encounter outside the apartment was that Gerry would stay in for one night if they were there for two weeks.....This was supposedly said on the night of her disappearance.....It just does not make sense.

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Lance De Boils on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Do we have statements from other OC guests detailing how they were also woken up at about 1 am?

Did MO (if it was indeed him) go around knocking on everybody's door, or just Wilkin's?  If just JW's, then why only him? Why not knock on everyone's door?

Yes, it was late, but if my child had gone missing, I wouldn't have given a stuff about disturbing other people's sleep. I would have been waking the whole town up.

And how would he have known which apartment he was in?
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:04 pm

IMO I think the saying by Murat about this being the biggest f*** up on this planet, refers to this particular period of time.

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by twisted on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-madeleine-suspect-seen-in-stairwell-509604


 He picked Mr Berry from the photos BUT have a think about the description he gives, who was seen by independent witnesses near the flat and go and have a look at one of the Smyth photo fits.

twisted

Posts : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:03 pm

@Research_Reader wrote:When I was a child my parents used to take us on holiday to a resort in Spain. It was amazing how many people from our home town in England went to that resort and we knew several who owned apartments/villas there, and consequently knew some of the locals through them (i.e. people who looked after their apartments - cleaning etc - when they weren't there).

My point is that you can be apparently a long way from home, but still be within a network of people you know or vaguely know.
I think that goes back to the days when everybody in a town worked for one employer, took the same holiday weeks and booked through the same local travel agency. Much more unlikely these days IMHO, although I have noticed that it seems to be a very middle class thing to go on holidays in enormous groups of sometimes only the vaguest acquaintances.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by aquila on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Research_Reader wrote:When I was a child my parents used to take us on holiday to a resort in Spain. It was amazing how many people from our home town in England went to that resort and we knew several who owned apartments/villas there, and consequently knew some of the locals through them (i.e. people who looked after their apartments - cleaning etc - when they weren't there).

My point is that you can be apparently a long way from home, but still be within a network of people you know or vaguely know.
I think that goes back to the days when everybody in a town worked for one employer, took the same holiday weeks and booked through the same local travel agency. Much more unlikely these days IMHO, although I have noticed that it seems to be a very middle class thing to go on holidays in enormous groups of sometimes only the vaguest acquaintances.
Until the receipts for that holiday in PDL are published I shall always suspect that this was not a private holiday.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8448
Reputation : 1553
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:18 pm

@aquila wrote:Until the receipts for that holiday in PDL are published I shall always suspect that this was not a private holiday.
I take it you're talking about that holiday? Do we know when/how the booking was made?

One thing I'm surprised never to have seen is CCTV footage of the happy family arriving at Faro airport.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by aquila on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@aquila wrote:Until the receipts for that holiday in PDL are published I shall always suspect that this was not a private holiday.
I take it you're talking about that holiday? Do we know when/how the booking was made?

One thing I'm surprised never to have seen is CCTV footage of the happy family arriving at Faro airport.
There's lots about how the booking was made. Look up David Payne's rogatory interview for starters.

There are no published receipts for the holiday. GM's financial information was withheld. Leicestershire Police gave some lame excuse about not finding credit card records. GM then had his wallet nicked out of his bag on his return to UK.

Nope, there is nothing published as yet that reveals who paid for this holiday.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8448
Reputation : 1553
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by tigger on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@aquila wrote:Until the receipts for that holiday in PDL are published I shall always suspect that this was not a private holiday.
I take it you're talking about that holiday? Do we know when/how the booking was made?

One thing I'm surprised never to have seen is CCTV footage of the happy family arriving at Faro airport.
Iirc  the story was that Payne had booked the holiday and the others paid him. To explain the lack of credit cards?   I don't believe it. That's a lot of money to pay for 9 people in one go.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by aquila on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:31 pm

@tigger wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@aquila wrote:Until the receipts for that holiday in PDL are published I shall always suspect that this was not a private holiday.
I take it you're talking about that holiday? Do we know when/how the booking was made?

One thing I'm surprised never to have seen is CCTV footage of the happy family arriving at Faro airport.
Iirc  the story was that Payne had booked the holiday and the others paid him. To explain the lack of credit cards?   I don't believe it. That's a lot of money to pay for 9 people in one go.
Quite Tigger.

It would be interesting to see David Payne's credit card and bank statements to prove that this was just a little private jolly.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8448
Reputation : 1553
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Bumping this thread because I have a slight niggle....It might be nothing, but it needs looking at.
I am going to put both Jeremy's and Bridgettes comments on here and am asking who you think is correct or who has just mistaken a mode of transport...Its something that strikes me of possibly there never being a meeting with Jez and Gerry. 

Bridget O'Donnell :
Speaking about the night Madeleine went missing, Miss O'Donnell said: "Our baby would not sleep and at about 8.30pm, Jes (Mr Wilkins) took him out for a walk in the buggy to settle him.



Jeremy Wilkins :
We returned to our apartment. We decided to spend the evening-in, watching television. Our son was awake and unable to sleep. I decided to take him for a walk in his pram. I left about 8.15 pm – 8.30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I couldn't see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out of the top road. I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat.





It might be absolutely nothing, but as parents surely they would know what transportation was used definitavely if Jeremy was on pushabouts....

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 pm

I think that this is just a case of people describing the same thing in different words.
 
There can be few people who use prams these days - certainly not on holiday - as they're big and bulky.
 
I feel sure it would have been a buggy, pushchair or stroller rather than a pram.

I'm pretty sure that in the hilarious 2009 Emma Loach documentary, Jane Tanner referred to Jeremy having a pram.

Perhaps "posh" people prefer that word!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by chillyheat on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:24 pm

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think that this is just a case of people describing the same thing in different words.
 
There can be few people who use prams these days - certainly not on holiday - as they're big and bulky.
 
I feel sure it would have been a buggy, pushchair or stroller rather than a pram.

I'm pretty sure that in the hilarious 2009 Emma Loach documentary, Jane Tanner referred to Jeremy having a pram.

Perhaps "posh" people prefer that word!
I guess your probably correct.....One last thing. How long would it take to walk around the complex ? Seems Jeremy took almost an hour.

"Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm. We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed.
"On the ground floor, a completely catastrophic event was taking place. On the fourth floor of the next block, we were completely oblivious."

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum