The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Jeremy Wilkins

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by PeterMac on 17.12.13 17:16

People do strange things in attempts to get a child to go sleep.
In the lower / working class areas I policed it was apparently normal for a young mother to go to bed with the child, perhaps at 6.30 until it went to sleep and then to get up again.
So from tea time onwards one was presented with very young mothers, many or most single, in their pyjamas or nightdresses, dressing gowns and slippers.
Then the following morning they would wear the same attire until "coffee time".

The other side of the main road the socio-economic grouping was different. and people simply put the children to bed and left them to sleep.
But the frustration of a non-sleeping, or crying, or screaming child must be ghastly.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah_Lambert on 17.12.13 17:30

@PeterMac wrote:People do strange things in attempts to get a child to go sleep.
In the lower / working class areas I policed it was apparently normal for a young mother to go to bed with the child, perhaps at 6.30 until it went to sleep and then to get up again.
So from tea time onwards one was presented with very young mothers, many or most single, in their pyjamas or nightdresses, dressing gowns and slippers.
Then the following morning they would wear the same attire until "coffee time".

The other side of the main road the socio-economic grouping was different. and people simply put the children to bed and left them to sleep.
But the frustration of a non-sleeping, or crying, or screaming child must be ghastly.

I understand what you're saying, but in some instances it must be ghastly for the child that's screaming/can't sleep. Take Baby P for example, he must have been screaming because his back was broken, his finger sliced off with a Stanley knife etc. And the only way his mum and her partner could get him to sleep was to punch him some more. And then some more. And then some more. Until there was silence and the poor baby was left to R.I.P. in a filthy blood stained cot.

Sarah_Lambert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.12.13 17:35

I have every sympathy for a parent or carer who momentarily loses control with a crying child but the creatures who were responsible for what happened to Baby Peter are not in that category.

They are sadistic monsters who should never see the light of day again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.12.13 17:50

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I have every sympathy for a parent or carer who momentarily loses control with a crying child but the creatures who were responsible for what happened to Baby Peter are not in that category.

They are sadistic monsters who should never see the light of day again.

Oh, I agree, NFWTD.
And there are, unfortunately, so many more of them ...

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins, a media 'Power House' - and Head of Programmes for Firecracker Films

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.12.13 18:04

Jes Wilkins, a media 'Power House' - and Head of Programmes for Firecracker Films:

December 5th, 2011
TVC WHO’S WHO MEDIA POWERLIST – JES WILKINS BY JANE RENTON
By The TV Collective
Firecracker Phenomenon
There is an inscrutable pause from Jes Wilkins – Head of Programmes, Firecracker Films – when I say that I really do not want to know about Big Fat Gypsy Weddingsyet. After all, despite having worked on some of the most talked about and highest rating documentaries of the last few years – most recently A Very British Party, Daredevils, Babies Behind Bars, The Autistic Me and of course Gypsy Weddings – the only thing anyone really wants to talk about is that. He acknowledges flatly that it is ‘inevitable’.

Joining Firecracker in 2008, the company website testifies to a phenomenal work rate that Jes’s laidback phone manner belies. There is so much more to this Creative Director than a zeitgeisty – and weirdly prescient, given the subsequent events at Dale Farm – depiction of Traveller community life. So, which of the many projects he’s worked on does he feel has had the most positive effect on somebody’s life?
It turns out to be an easy ask – ‘The Autistic Me,’ he responds quickly, ‘It was my first real mission and a real reference point for people, whilst also being entertaining, emotional, but fun.’

Disability, and those who have their lives affected by disability or difference – Our Daughter the Mermaid, My New Face – are a common thread in Jes’s work. Why is he drawn to these issues?

He is candid – ‘I am always looking for ideas – the right person, the right time – the right broadcaster. I assure them it will be a compelling watch.’ Essentially, he is drawn to the human interest story, showcasing the shared similarities in the human condition, rather than perpetuating difference and prejudice. It is this sameness that draws and entertains.

The Autistic Me – shown on BBC3 in 2009 was about Alex, who has Asperger’s, Oli and Tom. Having three case studies for a documentary worked really well, because having three people with autism shows the enormous width of the spectrum, and how differently it can affect different people. Going on dates, leaving home, getting a job – these are all rites of passage that are common ground

‘In many cases, they are capable, medically, of leading totally functional lives. Often, it is those people around them who prevent them from doing that.’
The documentary was indeed universally well received, and significantly for Jes from the sector working with, and people living in that area. He is proud to say that Autistic Me and the subsequent follow-up films have been requested as training material for those working within the autistic community.
Given his gilded touch with the offbeat and unusual my personal favourite being Head Over Heels in Rats – a curious love story, which coincidentally led to an introduction with Gypsy’s dressmaker, Thelma – has he had any surprising failures or successes?

Jes doesn’t really recognise failure, as all the films he has made have been sound concepts, well made. If I mean, have there been any disappointing viewing figures…

Daredevils – the ratings were disappointing, yes. Only one, to one and a half million watched it – yet, those who did said it was the best documentary they had ever seen and absolutely their favourite. They talked about the incredible detail of the film. I am very proud of that.’

Surprise successes? Hmm…would that be… ‘Big Fat Gypsy Weddings exceeded every expectation.’ Considering the huge success of Gypsy this is at least a modest understatement. With three series down, a Christmas special due soon and another series next year, Jes is keen to point out an essential truth:
‘You have to separate the programme from the phenomenon that followed – they’re totally different. I mean, in the same newspaper, same day, Gypsy Weddings was reported as ‘perpetuating prejudice’ on one page and reported as having been voted the ‘Most Groundbreaking Show’ by readers in the Cultural Diversity Awards on another.’

So, how does it feel to be on the other side of the fence, when you become the story and have to face down the critics?

‘I am delighted people are interested in the programme, and I want to know what they think. Of course, sometimes people are pushing their own agenda, and sometimes their agenda is to speak out against us.’

He is referring largely to the response earlier this year, typified by that of Jane Jackson, deputy chief executive of the Rural Media Company, a charity which publishes the Travellers’ Times:

‘It’s posing as a documentary, the voiceover is saying we’re going to let you into the secrets of the traveller community – and it [sic] just not true. It might be true of the particular families in front of the camera, but it’s not generally true. They’re made to look totally feckless, not really to be taken seriously as an ethnic group. It just confirms prejudices that Travellers are just people who choose not to live in houses. I think Channel 4 should be ashamed of themselves for pillorying a community who already face a lot of prejudice.’ guardian.co.uk/media/2011/feb/07/big-fat-gypsy-weddings
In fact, the criticisms work to expose the differences in a community and highlight the diversity of a culture who suffer from historic prejudice and generalisation. In simply raising the issues they have with being categorised alongside the culturally different Irish Travellers, the Romany community provoke serious debate. This now receives far wider acknowledgement than it would have prior to Gypsy Weddings – as did the disquiet over the Dale Farm evictions. Jes agrees:

‘I am very proud of the show. We have an enormous audience to debate education and tackle difficult issues like domestic abuse (‘Desperate Housewives’ S2) and social issues’

The new series – currently being filmed – will carry on exploring these deeper sociological and cultural issues, whilst also revisiting some ‘familiar faces’ - personally I’m looking forward to seeing Swanley again. Jes’s overarching attitude to the future is typified by his closing answer. That incidental music – the viewers like it, the critics don’t – would he change anything to avoid the hassle?

‘There will always be diverse opinions. People will celebrate us and knock us. I just try to keep fresh – I keep moving forward.’

That is as good a philosophy to life and creativity in the industry as you are likely to get today.

Jane Renton is a thirtysomething writer and mother of three children with disabilities. Follow Jane on twitter/@rentonifyable

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.12.13 18:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:Jes Wilkins, a media 'Power House' - and Head of Programmes for Firecracker Films:

For somebody with their finger on the pulse of what the chattering classes are chattering about, there's a glaring omission from his CV.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 17.12.13 18:17

Deleted

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 18.12.13 12:04

Clay Regazzoni wrote:A good question at this juncture might be, did Jezza know Murat?

We may never know, but I find this a little strange....
Bridget and I returned to the apartment and minutes afterward, a uniformed police officer, accompanied by a British man serving as interpreter, showed up. Later we came to know him as Robert Murat. I do not remember if he gave me his details but recently when I was cleaning a bag, I came across a card with his name and telephone number. I believe that he may have given this to me so that we could contact him in case we had any additional information to offer.

May be nothing (in reference to above), but if you read everything relating to this link carefully, you will see that Jeremy was a possible suspect....perhaps even before anyone else was under suspicion.
It needs a total concentrated read, the whole page.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

I would love to copy and paste the entire page, but it would be too large for the forum.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 18.12.13 12:07

@ChillyHeat wrote:Deleted

Any particular reason why my post was deleted please ?

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.12.13 12:54

@ChillyHeat wrote:

After receiving complaints, I thought it best to delete.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 18.12.13 14:19

candyfloss wrote:
@ChillyHeat wrote:

After receiving complaints, I thought it best to delete.

Absolutely no problems with the deletion then CF  roses Sorry if I caused any reaction

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 19.12.13 22:22

Jeremy....:
I then walked back to the apartment. I had dinner, watched a DVD and went to bed at about 11 pm.

The doorbell woke us up at about 1 am. It was the resort manager who I knew to be John and one of Jerry's friends

Bridgette....:
At 1am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad

Is she just glamorising things do you think ?

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 22:38

@ChillyHeat wrote:Jeremy....:
I then walked back to the apartment. I had dinner, watched a DVD and went to bed at about 11 pm.

The doorbell woke us up at about 1 am. It was the resort manager who I knew to be John and one of Jerry's friends

Bridgette....:
At 1am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad

I can't think of one occasion when I've gone on holiday and got to know the resort manager on first name terms.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 19.12.13 22:51

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@ChillyHeat wrote:Jeremy....:

Bridgette....:

I can't think of one occasion when I've gone on holiday and got to know the resort manager on first name terms.

Nor me, even when Ive had to make a complaint of some kind....
I believe they were regular visitors. I want to break everything down about his statements, but I struggle to word things in the way I see the inconsistencies in his statements.
I will try a little on this....

REPORT OF EXTERNAL DILIGENCE

Date: 2007/05/04 Location: Praia da Luz - Lagos 
Entity determining the diligence: 
Employee who performed it: Manuel P., Inspector

Description and result of diligence:

Following various informal conversations related to the area of research, we were contacted by a British citizen named JEREMY MICHAEL WILKINS, holder of passport no. XXXXXX, owner of mobile phone no. +447XXXXXX, living at XXXXXX. He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS," block G4 APT 0 (about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child was)

Stated:

1. that yesterday, between 20h30 and 21 hours, while he was in "THE TAPAS" bar, he noticed a person of around 1.70, with long blond hair, apparently of the "rasta style", and dressed in green military-style clothes;

2. that this person did not stay very long and their behaviour was somewhat strange, since they seemed to be a little nervous;

3. he was alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards;

4. the informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the village;

NOTE: The bar "THE TAPAS" is an annex to the restaurant where the parents of MADELINE were having dinner, when she allegedly disappeared;

Signed...

No mention of his child. Fair enough, he didnt need to at this point. Remember though, no mention of needing a piss just minutes after leaving his apartment and this statement is after his 1am knock or bell...

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.03.14 14:07

Adding this Youtube link to the thread :-

Jez being interviewed :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k9CFA16A5-U

and some of the documentaries Firecracker Films have made - 90% of it sensationalist gutter drama.

http://www.firecrackerfilms.com/documentaries/
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:28

@ChillyHeat wrote:The last from me for now on Jes....... titter 
It turns out to be an easy ask – ‘The Autistic Me,’ he responds quickly, ‘It was my first real mission and a real reference point for people, whilst also being entertaining, emotional, but fun.’

Disability, and those who have their lives affected by disability or difference – Our Daughter the Mermaid, My New Face – are a common thread in Jes’s work.  Why is he drawn to these issues?
http://www.thetvcollective.org/2011/12/05/tvc-who%E2%80%99s-who-media-powerlist-%E2%80%93-jes-wilkins-by-jane-renton/

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/mccanns-alibi-film-director-jes-wilkins.html

Quite similar looking to Gerry isnt he.....IMO

Both Jeremy and Bridget work within the television production industry producing documentary programmes. Bridget previously worked alongside the Police on the Crime Watch television programme and was aware of the importance for the need of collating background information.

Jeremy and Bridget have been married for several years and have two children, XXXX (F) 3 yrs and XXXX (M) 8 months. It may be of interest to note that these names are Hebrew names and spellings have been checked.

They chose that specific period to go to the Praia Da Luz resort because of the childcare facilities and the fact that it was the cheapest week of the season.
It intrigues me as to why they would choose the cheapest week of the season. We have a number of  people who you would expect to be reasonably high earners ( NHS consultants generally earn upwards of £90 k ) TV / Media people will surely be reasonable well off / board members of multi-national companies definitely at the upper end ) choosing the cheapest week in a mediocre resort...
Surely there HAS to be a reason why the OC was so attractive to them on this particular week.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:31

Bridget O'Donnell's book:The paperback version of her first book, Inspector Minahan Makes a Stand, has was launched in June 2013.

‘A 13-year-old girl sold for a fiver, a bobby out for revenge, two sensation-mongering reporters and the scandalous sexual preferences of the upper-classes – all are pivotal to Bridget O’Donnell’s Inspector Minahan Makes a Stand….’  The Independent

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:35

Bridget O’Donnell worked at the BBC for ten years as a producer and director in Documentaries, Crime and Drama. On maternity leave she wrote her first play, Lie Back in Anger, which was produced by the Union Theatre in London. She now writes for the Guardian, Daily Mail and SabotageTimes.com, and continues to work as a freelance director and in television development.

Why did this woman and her family seek to choose the cheapest week at OC, PdL?   To see how the other half live? Or to meet up with people who shared something in common.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 19:41

@HelenMeg wrote:

Disability, and those who have their lives affected by disability or difference – Our Daughter the Mermaid, My New Face – are a common thread in Jes’s work.  Why is he drawn to these issues?
http://www.thetvcollective.org/2011/12/05/tvc-who%E2%80%99s-who-media-powerlist-%E2%80%93-jes-wilkins-by-jane-renton/

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/mccanns-alibi-film-director-jes-wilkins.html

Both Jeremy and Bridget work within the television production industry producing documentary programmes. Bridget previously worked alongside the Police on the Crime Watch television programme and was aware of the importance for the need of collating background information.

Jeremy and Bridget have been married for several years and have two children, XXXX (F) 3 yrs and XXXX (M) 8 months. It may be of interest to note that these names are Hebrew names and spellings have been checked.

They chose that specific period to go to the Praia Da Luz resort because of the childcare facilities and the fact that it was the cheapest week of the season.
It intrigues me as to why they would choose the cheapest week of the season. We have a number of  people who you would expect to be reasonably high earners ( NHS consultants generally earn upwards of £90 k ) TV / Media people will surely be reasonable well off / board members of multi-national companies definitely at the upper end ) choosing the cheapest week in a mediocre resort...
Surely there HAS to be a reason why the OC was so attractive to them on this particular week.
As it's not clear from any financial information in the public domain who actually paid for the T9's holiday there's always going to be the suspicion that all is not what it seems. Leicester police couldn't provide the PJ with G & K's specific credit card info allegedly.

I'm still of the opinion that Mark Warner holidays could clear up quite a few things with regards to what was going on in their holiday resort. They took the bookings and they allotted/designated the accommodation. I'd be interested in looking at any bookings (not just for this holiday) that were made to use MW's conference facilities.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:46

@aquila wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

As it's not clear from any financial information in the public domain who actually paid for the T9's holiday there's always going to be the suspicion that all is not what it seems. Leicester police couldn't provide the PJ with G & K's specific credit card info allegedly.

I'm still of the opinion that Mark Warner holidays could clear up quite a few things with regards to what was going on in their holiday resort. They took the bookings and they allotted/designated the accommodation. I'd be interested in looking at any bookings (not just for this holiday) that were made to use MW's conference facilities.
Ive never heard that they had conference facilities:

see here a review from 2010: It sounds very basic and if you read this it doesn't give any inclination taht there were modern conference facilities that one would expect in terms of hosting any conferences:

Step back to the 1970's with Mark Warner. The 2 bed apartment we had was like a time capsule, only the TV was from the 1990's. No fan, no AC and since the windows did not have security bars, we kept them closed at night. Positives; Kids club was great for our 3 yr old. Staff were really helpful, enthusiastic throughout. Negatives; Praia da Luz is a one horse town, many establishments seemed to be on the verge of closing down. The Ocean Club is spread across the village. I assume different apartment blocks can be used by Mark Warner or Thompson depending on demand, and are sort of centred around the two distinct pool areas. Our apartment was in block C2, 10 minutes from the ocean up a steep road, 15 minutes from the Garden pool and toddler pool, around the one way system. We had to wash all the bed linen in the apartment since it all smelled really musty. As previous reviews have pointed out, the food is pretty basic, so I would not recomend going for half board, especially if you are on the other side of town from the Mill Restaurant. If you want internet access forget about the Reception, their service does not work, the Jasmin Cafe has cheap access but get there early.
Basically it did not feel like a resort, perhaps if our chidlren were older we would have used the other sports facilities on offer, but I'm not sure that would have made up for the quality of the accomodation.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:53

I shant go on about this anymore, because I seem to be one of very few who find this intriguing. Ive just been reading many reviews by many people of OC - i find no reference to conference facilities and on the whole, people are not overly impressed with the  resort (IMO).     So why oh why would these 'executive' people such as PE choose this mediocre resort on the cheapest week 28h April in 2007? Something surely
binds them together. Something that was on that week. Or was it just a huge coincidence?

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 19:55

@HelenMeg wrote:I shant go on about this anymore, because I seem to be one of very few who find this intriguing. Ive just been reading many reviews by many people of OC - i find no reference to conference facilities and on the whole, people are not overly impressed with the  resort (IMO).     So why oh why would these 'executive' people such as PE choose this mediocre resort on the cheapest week 28h April in 2007? Something surely
binds them together. Something that was on that week. Or was it just a huge coincidence?
Oh I know, it must have been those wonderful tennis courts!!! Well, according to the interviews, they were the most highly used courts known to man. tennis, tennis, tennis

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 20:01

@HelenMeg wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

see here a review from 2010: It sounds very basic and if you read this it doesn't give any inclination taht there were modern conference facilities that one would expect in terms of hosting any conferences:

Step back to the 1970's with Mark Warner. The 2 bed apartment we had was like a time capsule, only the TV was from the 1990's. No fan, no AC and since the windows did not have security bars, we kept them closed at night. Positives; Kids club was great for our 3 yr old. Staff were really helpful, enthusiastic throughout. Negatives; Praia da Luz is a one horse town, many establishments seemed to be on the verge of closing down. The Ocean Club is spread across the village. I assume different apartment blocks can be used by Mark Warner or Thompson depending on demand, and are sort of centred around the two distinct pool areas. Our apartment was in block C2, 10 minutes from the ocean up a steep road, 15 minutes from the Garden pool and toddler pool, around the one way system. We had to wash all the bed linen in the apartment since it all smelled really musty. As previous reviews have pointed out, the food is pretty basic, so I would not recomend going for half board, especially if you are on the other side of town from the Mill Restaurant. If you want internet access forget about the Reception, their service does not work, the Jasmin Cafe has cheap access but get there early.
Basically it did not feel like a resort, perhaps if our chidlren were older we would have used the other sports facilities on offer, but I'm not sure that would have made up for the quality of the accomodation.
I stand corrected if MW don't have conference facilities or offer accommodation close to such services to corporate clients. Perhaps MW don't have corporate clients. MW's client list would be of interest to me if I were conducting an investigation as would any conferences or property companies.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 29.03.14 20:05

@aquila wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

I stand corrected if MW don't have conference facilities or offer accommodation close to such services to corporate clients. Perhaps MW don't have corporate clients. MW's client list would be of interest to me if I were conducting an investigation as would any conferences or property companies.
Yes, I dont know if they have conference facilities or not - I was just trying to get an idea from reviews, google  etc Oh well, I'm sure PJ / SY have such information.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 21:21

The Internet service at the Reception DOES NOT WORK?

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum