The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Post by plebgate on 15.05.13 2:16

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.05.13 8:30

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324621/Girl-12-branded-hairpin-raped-sold-sex-600-hour.html

It is incredible that the social services and police did nothing about this. Horrifice it truly is.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.13 9:11

@plebgate wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324621/Girl-12-branded-hairpin-raped-sold-sex-600-hour.html

It is incredible that the social services and police did nothing about this. Horrifice it truly is.

Agree plebgate, I've started a new topic on systamatic abuse in our society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.13 23:44

Suspects should have right to anonymity at arrest - Theresa May

People who have been arrested should not normally be named until they are charged, Home Secretary Theresa May has said in a letter to police

More here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22548065

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.05.13 6:17

candyfloss wrote:Suspects should have right to anonymity at arrest - Theresa May

People who have been arrested should not normally be named until they are charged, Home Secretary Theresa May has said in a letter to police

More here...

In other words, Savile shouldn't have been named at all. He wasn't arrested let alone charged. How convenient he's dead so that makes it OK to name him. How hypocritical is that?

Theresa May is talking out of her arse, and being insensitive to the victims.
If there were victims in her constituency they should protest and protest loudly in the Press against Theresa May's statement.

She's sending out the wrong message.
The right to anonymity would encourage those arrested to use lawyers to get them off on the quiet behind the scenes.
Then nobody would be any wiser about their alleged crimes. How is that fair to the poor and helpless victims with inequality of arms?
Allowing them anonymity won't eradicate the sex ring paedophilia culture prevalent among the rich and mighty in establishments.

I hope the press take her to task for her stupid insensitive statement.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 16.05.13 6:56

@aiyoyo wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Suspects should have right to anonymity at arrest - Theresa May

More here...

In other words, Savile shouldn't have been named at all. He wasn't arrested let alone charged. How convenient he's dead so that makes it OK to name him. How hypocritical is that?

If there were victims in her constituency they should protest and protest loudly in the Press against Theresa May's statement.

The right to anonymity would encourage those arrested to use lawyers to get them off on the quiet behind the scenes.
Then nobody would be any wiser about their alleged crimes. How is that fair to the poor and helpless victims with inequality of arms?
Allowing them anonymity won't eradicate the sex ring paedophilia culture prevalent among the rich and mighty in establishments.

I have to disagree with you on this point. I agree with much of your post, but in the case of sex crimes in particular, I think we must remember that people do get falsely accused sometimes, and the falsely accused have children, wives, families, jobs….

People have committed suicide from being falsely accused. In this category of crime I think the police need to be really careful, lives have been destroyed out of malice on many occasions. There is a case for naming, I can agree with that, but it should be done extremely cautiously IMO.

We CANNOT ever forget, that the falsely accused (and this applies to celebs too) are victims, and the damage to their lives is no less than victims of genuine cases.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 16.05.13 8:08

In Elizabethan times, false accusations were such a serious issue that offenders convicted of making a false accusation were branded with the letters 'FA' in their foreheads.

That stopped them making any more false accusations!

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.13 8:30

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

More here...

I have to disagree with you on this point. I agree with much of your post, but in the case of sex crimes in particular, I think we must remember that people do get falsely accused sometimes, and the falsely accused have children, wives, families, jobs….

People have committed suicide from being falsely accused. In this category of crime I think the police need to be really careful, lives have been destroyed out of malice on many occasions. There is a case for naming, I can agree with that, but it should be done extremely cautiously IMO.

We CANNOT ever forget, that the falsely accused (and this applies to celebs too) are victims, and the damage to their lives is no less than victims of genuine cases.

If those that are arrested are named and they have nothing to hide I don't see a problem with it, yes they have children, families ect, however if it is proven that they were falsely accused they will be exhonerated in other words come up smelling of roses, the public can be very forgiving. I remember Matthew Kelly being arrested while performing at a theatre, apparently falsly accused, he has carried on succesfully in showbiz. imo making it public encourages others who have been abused to come forward. TM as probably made this statment because things are getting too close to home plus the Leveson fear factor.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4929522/Chief-constables-warned-over-secret-arrests-and-charges.html

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.05.13 8:57

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

More here...

I too agree with much of Aiyoyo's post but agree with SmokeandMirrors about naming people before they are charged.

It is a very difficult position to know exactly what to do. Not naming will allow people with money I believe, to hire a smart lawyer and get away with serious crimes against people who have no money = no voice. It has been happening since time began and will continue to do so very, very unfortunately.

Naming before being charged has enabled many abused victims to come forward and see justice done, but to be falsely accused of rape must be truly horrendous for the accused and their families and there must be occasions when even though innocent, they have been found guilty.

I wish someone could come up with a solution to the problem though because for the wasters who commit these appalling crimes and get away with it is an absolute tragedy for their victims - past and very probably future victims if they believe they are untouchable.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 16.05.13 12:15

Rolf Harris accuser, new interview.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.05.13 14:23

@plebgate wrote:

I too agree with much of Aiyoyo's post but agree with SmokeandMirrors about naming people before they are charged.

It is a very difficult position to know exactly what to do. Not naming will allow people with money I believe, to hire a smart lawyer and get away with serious crimes against people who have no money = no voice. It has been happening since time began and will continue to do so very, very unfortunately.

Naming before being charged has enabled many abused victims to come forward and see justice done, .....

Exactly my point.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.13 14:40

29 report Jimmy Savile abuse in West Yorkshire hospitals

TWENTY-NINE of Jimmy Savile’s victims in West Yorkshire were abused in the county’s hospitals, new figures revealed today.

West Yorkshire Police released the information after last week publishing a report into its dealings with the disgraced Leeds-born DJ.

A total of 79 crimes involving 68 victims were committed by Savile in the county, though police say none were previously reported to them prior to his death.

Of the offences that took place in local hospitals, the main location was Leeds General Infirmary. The hospital saw 23 complaints from victims, with ages ranging from five to 34.

Two of the victims were at St James’s Hospital in Leeds and were aged five to 12. One victim is unsure whether it was St James’s or LGI due to the passage of time.

Another victim, who was aged 15 at the time of the offence, was at Dewsbury and District Hospital, and two aged five and 45 were at High Royds Hospital, a former psychiatric hospital south of the village of Menston.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/29-report-jimmy-savile-abuse-in-west-yorkshire-hospitals-1-5672876

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.13 15:08

@bristow wrote:Rolf Harris accuser, new interview.

In the UK! I thought the alligations were for what alledgedly happened in Austrailia, obviously not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 14:57

Doh, Theresa May seems to have changed her mind............

Theresa May: Police should confirm arrest names to media

The home secretary had previously said suspects arrested but not charged had a "right to anonymity"

The police should confirm the identity of suspects who have been arrested but not charged if journalists ask them to do so, Theresa May has said.

The home secretary previously said people should not be named on arrest unless it was in the "public interest".

But, in an article for the Sun, Mrs May said: "Where the press has already identified the suspect... the police should confirm it."

It comes after PM David Cameron said the issue had "no simple answer".

Speaking during a trip to the US, he said there was a "difficult balance" between publicising arrests and respecting the privacy of suspects.

His comments followed a letter written by Mrs May, and addressed to the College of Policing, which said suspects should have anonymity when they are arrested.

“Start Quote

Where the press have already identified the suspect, and asked for confirmation from police, the police should confirm it”
End Quote Theresa May Home secretary
Her follow-up article said there were arguments in favour of withholding the identity of a suspect until they have been charged.

"The case for arrest is often no more than an officer's suspicion," she wrote. "But mud sticks. An arrest which turns out to be based on nothing at all can nevertheless permanently damage an individual's reputation.

"There is, however, also a case for making the names of those arrested public. It can also lead to further witnesses coming forward.

"And where the press have already identified the suspect, and asked for confirmation from police, the police should confirm it.

"There should be a presumption of transparency throughout the system."

'Tatters'

Mrs May's previous letter had said: "I believe that there should be a right to anonymity at arrest, but I know that there will be circumstances in which the public interest means that an arrested suspect should be named."

Mr Jefferies said journalists had cast him as "seedy and disreputable"
This statement won the backing of Chris Jefferies, the retired teacher who was awarded "substantial" undisclosed libel damages in 2011 after eight newspapers wrongly linked him to the murder of Joanna Yeates.

He had been arrested on suspicion of her murder, but was released without charge. Dutch national Vincent Tabak was later convicted of the crime.

"Unless there are exceptional circumstances which require that somebody is named at the time of arrest, then the name of the person who has been arrested should not be given out, and the name should be released only at the point when somebody is charged," Mr Jefferies agreed.

In an interview with BBC Breakfast, Mr Jefferies said his identity became known after reporters suggested possible names of suspects to police at the front desk of the station where he was being held.

"My name was confirmed and as a result of that we know what happened," he said.

"The press became convinced that I was actually the murderer.

"I had to go into hiding for three months in order to escape the attentions of the press, and as far as most people in the country were aware, until the actual murderer was arrested and eventually confessed, there was still suspicion hanging over me, so my reputation was completely in tatters."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22565675

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 16:41

Michael Le Vell: Actor Denies Sex Offences

The 48-year-old, who plays mechanic Kevin Webster in the soap, is charged with 19 offences including six counts of raping a child

Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell has denied a series of child sex offences as he appeared in court.

The star, who plays car mechanic Kevin Webster in the ITV soap, answered "not guilty" 19 times in a clear, strong voice as each of the charges were put to him by the clerk during the brief hearing at Manchester Crown Court.

The 48-year-old is charged under his real name of Michael Turner with 19 offences in all, including six counts of raping a child, six allegations of indecently assaulting a child and seven counts of sexual activity with a child.

The alleged offences relate to one complainant and all took place between 2001 and 2010.

The latest hearing was for the defendant to enter his pleas and arrange administrative matters for a trial due to start on September 2 this year.

Eleanor Laws QC, prosecuting, asked for the indictment to be put to the defendant, addressed as Michael Robert Turner, who then denied all the charges.

Le Vell remained seated for most of the 15-minute hearing, which was largely taken up by Ms Laws and Le Vell's barrister, Alisdair Williamson, making case management arrangements for the forthcoming trial, expected to last up to two weeks.

Earlier, photographers and TV camera crews swarmed around the actor as he arrived at court with his legal team and a minder.

Le Vell, from Hale, Cheshire, was first arrested in September 2011 and questioned over child sex allegations but the matter was later dropped.

However in January, the Crown Prosecution Service said it was in the public interest to charge him with the current offences following a review of evidence.

The actor split from his wife, Janette Beverley, last year.

ITV has said he will not be appearing in any further episodes of the soap pending the outcome of legal proceedings.

In a statement following his arrest, Le Vell, who is currently on bail, said he was innocent of the charges and intended to "fight them vigorously

http://news.sky.com/story/1092312/michael-le-vell-actor-denies-sex-offences

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 16:59

they should avoid unnecessary words, such as completely innocent, fight vigorously, absolutely honest.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 20:08

from ITV news...

CPS considering 'guest house child abuse' charges

We are currently considering a file of evidence from the Metropolitan
Police Service’s investigation into allegations of non-recent child
abuse at the Grafton Close Children’s Home and Elm Guest House to
determine whether any charges can be brought.”

– CPS spokesperson

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.13 9:32

@russiandoll wrote:from ITV news...

CPS considering 'guest house child abuse' charges

We are currently considering a file of evidence from the Metropolitan
Police Service’s investigation into allegations of non-recent child
abuse at the Grafton Close Children’s Home and Elm Guest House to
determine whether any charges can be brought.”

– CPS spokesperson

Do Shadows always fall over certain people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.13 9:38

Some people definitely want to keep us "in the dark" about their activities, Cherry B!

Last night I was watching a programme from 2004 in which a certain Mr R was commenting on the scandal back in the 1950s when Jerry Lee Lewis bigamously married his 13-year-old second cousin.

He (Mr R) said that he had no interest at all in who JLL had married, he was interested only in hearing him sing.

Hmm - I wonder if this reflects his views on underage partners in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.13 9:49

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Some people definitely want to keep us "in the dark" about their activities, Cherry B!

Last night I was watching a programme from 2004 in which a certain Mr R was commenting on the scandal back in the 1950s when Jerry Lee Lewis bigamously married his 13-year-old second cousin.

He (Mr R) said that he had no interest at all in who JLL had married, he was interested only in hearing him sing.

Hmm - I wonder if this reflects his views on underage partners in general.

I'm sure it does. I've read on a blog could be next week, now that would be a household name that would really shock people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.13 11:12

New Corrie paedo 'victim' speaks

'They’d go to studios for autographs...sometimes stars invited girls in'

A FOURTH Corrie star accused of being a paedo was last night said to have preyed on a girl of 12 hunting autographs at the show’s TV studios.

The revelation he faces a police quiz stunned the soap — already rocked by allegations against Bill Roache, Michael Le Vell and Andrew Lancel.

The latest alleged victim confided in a friend: “I didn’t realise what was going on.” The chum told The Sun: “She used to go to the studios to get autographs. It was a real highlight when the stars stood and talked to you. Sometimes they invited the girls into the studios.”

The famous actor is no longer in the ITV1 soap but his long-running character was a household name.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4932437/New-Coronation-Street-paedophile-quiz.html

Gosh not another one, who's this then?

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.05.13 14:31

Long running character from Corrie will be named who is no longer in it.

Can't think of any live ones. I can think of several dead ones but none who are living.

We are still waiting to hear who the other 5 are reported in the paper last week. I thought they were going to be named this week.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.13 15:18

I've never watched Coronation Street but I can think of another long-running character played by someone who is still alive.

Who was dreary Deirdre involved with as well as Ken?

Not saying it's him referred to in the article of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.05.13 15:30

oh that's jogged my memory thought he was dead. Of course we are not saying or even thinking it is that character referred to in the article just trying to remember who long running characters are.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum