The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Quiz night Tapas style.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 16:26

Inspired by another thread it got me thinking.

I understand the quiz night was meant to take place on Sundays and Tuesdays but when it comes to statements nobody seemed to have a clue what night of the week it was including the quiz mistress.

So I am trying to find a few answers to a few things. Do we know what the capacity of the Tapas bar was, it doesn't look that big. I have read it was very busy and some how the Tapas 9 had secured a table night after night despite the reservations.

So is it practical place to have a quiz? Being so busy with people queuing to come in and out the last thing you need is a quiz going on. All the quiz nights I have been too you need teams of roughly equal size. Yet we have a quiz night with a table of nine, was it them against the rest of the bar? That must have been some quiz with them in and out like yoyo's checking on the children.

The quiz mistress come aerobics instructor seemed to also have memory lapses regarding these nights. Najoua Chekaya a non Portuguese speaker seemed to have acquired this extra role early on in her employment as I see she only arrived 21st March 2007.

When invited to the table after the memorable quiz night that nobody remembers she sits down and talks to GM and others, but can't remember if his wife is there? Did none of them introduce themselves?

They talked about banalities? That's a posh word for a young lady who speaks mainly in text language like her Facebook post "Missin you guys loads. dun with portugal now, wana cum home n have fun in flitwick! ! neva thought id say that! !".

Being the McCann's and a few others seem to fancy themselves as fitness fanatics I am sure the women would have had more conversation in common with her than a bunch of older men doctors. However she can't really seem to remember if KM was there or not.

During there stay did the T9 invite any other employee's of MW to join them for a drink? If not what was so different about this young lady which made them feel compelled to invite her to join them?

I know sometimes people do random things on holiday but this just seems a bit weird. Is it possible like it is possible with Pennington (probably likely with Pennington) that she was known to them before the holiday.

Isn't it strange that people who can concretely confirm the Tapas 9's movements that night had only recently joined MW from the UK and seem to be itching to leave shortly afterwards. I have worked in jobs were people have unfortunately lost their lives or been injured.

It has not made me give up the job straight away and run for the hills. I would imagine these young ladies these would have been dream jobs abroad and in the sun. But as soon as 3rd May has gone they are desperate to return to the UK after a very short employment time. It is not like MW Ocean resort packed up after this incident, I understand it is still going strong.






avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Nina on 17.05.13 16:37

To follow on with a quiz being held in the tapas area....... Tapas is lots of dishes so there would be waiters tooing and froing?spl and clearing of dishes and the fetching of new ones. Now not the atmosphere for the asking of questions and discussing answers. More the event for a pub or bar, not a restaurant imo.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 17:06

I have found that Najoua Chekaya has also been a bit of an amateur actress like Pennington.

In 2003 she was with Befordshire Theatre. I will not post the link as it has numerous school photo's and children but it fits in with the area and age group at the time.


We would like to thank the following members of the Bedfordshire Youth Theatre for the performance today:
John Chambers, Najoua Chekaya, Amy Fox, Daniel Lilley, Verity Lloyd, Danni Nicholls, Kieran Young.
Today's performance was directed by Krista Tuchscherer

Do MW like employee's with a theatrical past?
avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 17:23

Yet the reservation sheets mention the quiz, it's likely she didn't sit alone.

[img][/img]
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by tigger on 17.05.13 17:37

Quiz night at Chaplins' too..... from Steel Magnolias:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/TAPAS_BAR.htm
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/P.D.L.htm
http://www.anorak.co.uk/183289/tv/madeleine-mccann-rachel-oldfield.html
Anorak
POSTED: 24TH, APRIL 2008 | IN: MADELEINE MCCANN, TV & RADIO COMMENTS (651)
http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2010/08/21/seeking-vera-of-essex/
parte de um comentário :
"......... The McCann’s went to another restaurant (Chaplin’s) the previous night which was even further away from where they were staying and they left their children alone even at that distance. Chaplin’s is 800 metres more in distance than the 200 metres it takes to get to the Tapas Bar.

MW’s staff had to go and find them and ask the McCann’s to return to their apartment as one of their children had been crying for over an hour and a half. The next day MW’s offered them a babysitter for the night (for free) on the 3rd May and the McCann’s cancelled her services and went to the Tapas Bar which was 200 metres away not 50 yards as the McCann’s have stated). Even after all that crying from their child the previous night, they still left their children alone again the next night. If that is not wilful neglect, what the hell is? "..........
http://truthofthelie.com/2008/07/theauthor-dumfounded-by-chaplins/
Quiz Night
Would a quiz night attract you? And if so, what night might quiz night be? Why, quiz night isTuesday night!
Chaplins inform us:
“FUN” QUIZ NIGHT every Tuesday, start 10 pm

But, is there any evidence that the tapas 9 enjoyed quizzes? Well, it seems they were not averse to them, for, in relation to the night of 3 May, Sol informs us
An aerobic instructor from the resort entertains the dinner guests at Tapas with a ‘Quiz’. At 9.30 p.m. the game ends, and Gerry invites her to their table, where she stays for half an hour.
Happy Hour
Is there anything that might encourage late evening drinking at Chaplins? Well how about a ‘Happy Hour’
Last year, this was advertised as follows:
Later on in the evening, once the food has finished, Chaplins swings into Bar mode and is soon full of people enjoying the music, the great company and perhaps most of all the Happy Hour (11.30pm - 12.30pm) when all drinks are half price.
unquote

Not at all sure whether the information is correct, but imo one of the reasons asking the police where the church might be on the night of the 3rd, is that it established that they could never have been to Chaplins. Which is right next to the church.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by tigger on 17.05.13 17:40

Finn wrote:Yet the reservation sheets mention the quiz, it's likely she didn't sit alone.

[img][/img]

Why is the quiz written on the menu? Would be useful to see these menus for quiz night from previous weeks. How usual is it?
It also seems to be written rather hastily whilst all the rest is neat.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 17:54

Very strange all of it.

Not being funny but if I hadn't read their statements and only seen their pictures published I might have suspected they were escorts.









All around the same age with rather unfocused career paths.

Please don't think I am saying they are but if you look at the pictures it doesn't exactly jump out and suggest these are Nannies and fitness instructors in an expensive, exclusive resort.
avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by tigger on 17.05.13 18:03

Well, it's always looked to me like a bunch of girls on a long working holiday in the sun. Having fun together when off duty. I can't see anything sordid in these photos, they don't even look drunk, some of them look slightly embarrassed.
Girls who've never had to take much responsibility in their lives so far - doing silly things in their own time. Pennington and the quiz girl (how does she do aerobics with that chest? the mind boggles) both have ambition to be an actress. Hence the poses.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 18:11

@tigger wrote:Well, it's always looked to me like a bunch of girls on a long working holiday in the sun. Having fun together when off duty. I can't see anything sordid in these photos, they don't even look drunk, some of them look slightly embarrassed.
Girls who've never had to take much responsibility in their lives so far - doing silly things in their own time. Pennington and the quiz girl (how does she do aerobics with that chest? the mind boggles) both have ambition to be an actress. Hence the poses.


Yeah I am probably out of order posting those pictures, admin might want to remove. I am just thinking if I was going to an expensive resort with a creche for my children, I personally wouldn't be too impressed with what looks like party girls looking after my children.

They are young and having fun, but see what I am saying. Does it really give you confidence in the staff hired. Especially as they don't seem to have been there more than 5 minutes.

Despite their jobs being day jobs, they seem to be hanging around the resort and rooms rather than out enjoying themselves that evening.



avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 19:22

@tigger wrote: Why is the quiz written on the menu? Would be useful to see these menus for quiz night from previous weeks. How usual is it?
It also seems to be written rather hastily whilst all the rest is neat.

I think it's because she wasn't a formal customer like the others, there doesn't seem to be a billing reference. Perhaps a course or two and a drink was the payment. Strange there was no mention of questions - who got them right etc - when you consider the banal references to "relieving Russell" etc you'd expect some teasing.

Isn't that the night Kate's phone was making calls from the apartment and Mrs Fenn heard crying?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by tigger on 17.05.13 19:45

@Pershing36 wrote:
@tigger wrote:Well, it's always looked to me like a bunch of girls on a long working holiday in the sun. Having fun together when off duty. I can't see anything sordid in these photos, they don't even look drunk, some of them look slightly embarrassed.
Girls who've never had to take much responsibility in their lives so far - doing silly things in their own time. Pennington and the quiz girl (how does she do aerobics with that chest? the mind boggles) both have ambition to be an actress. Hence the poses.


Yeah I am probably out of order posting those pictures, admin might want to remove. I am just thinking if I was going to an expensive resort with a creche for my children, I personally wouldn't be too impressed with what looks like party girls looking after my children.

They are young and having fun, but see what I am saying. Does it really give you confidence in the staff hired. Especially as they don't seem to have been there more than 5 minutes.

Despite their jobs being day jobs, they seem to be hanging around the resort and rooms rather than out enjoying themselves that evening.




Kate's remark on finding a drunk lying in the road was 'we've all been there'. If that's the case, the nannies were models of restraint.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 20:09

So where did the MW staff stay?

For a resort spread over several sites certain staff seemed to congregate around what looks like the quietest part.

Did they have their accommodation there or was there no party like a T9 party?

avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by sami on 17.05.13 21:00

@Pershing36 wrote:So where did the MW staff stay?

For a resort spread over several sites certain staff seemed to congregate around what looks like the quietest part.

Did they have their accommodation there or was there no party like a T9 party?



It was said in some of their statements where some of them were staying, I need to go back and check. From memory, I did not get the impression they were in the immediate block the tapas group were in.

Those same girls also provided child minding services at night, did they not ? So there were staff required for the drop in centre and then staff for the in house baby sitting. A very long days work by anybody's standard.


sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 22:15

@sami wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:So where did the MW staff stay?

For a resort spread over several sites certain staff seemed to congregate around what looks like the quietest part.

Did they have their accommodation there or was there no party like a T9 party?



It was said in some of their statements where some of them were staying, I need to go back and check. From memory, I did not get the impression they were in the immediate block the tapas group were in.

Those same girls also provided child minding services at night, did they not ? So there were staff required for the drop in centre and then staff for the in house baby sitting. A very long days work by anybody's standard.


Ahh I see, the baby sitting services that nobody bothered with. They were trusted by day but not by evening. Considering they were not hired they seemed to be more than available that evening for the guests and not enjoying their time off.

Not being funny but considering they offered these services and from what I gather were paid directly for them. I wouldn't have thought they would put themselves out too much considering the children were left alone rather than under their paid care.

I would have been pretty darn angry those children were left alone when all the facilities were at hand. But no they seemed to jump in and quickly defend them.

Surely that is not good for the image of MW considering it was all available. But they didn't support their employer who must have taken a major hit from.
avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiz night Tapas style.

Post by suzyjohnson on 18.05.13 10:31

Very good point Pershing, that MW Ocean Club and staff would have had every right to be annoyed with the McCanns.

Some other points have crossed my mind as a result of reading this thread. It's probably things which have been noted elsewhere but this is just me trying to piece together events for myself.

Finn commented 'Isn't that the night Kate's phone was making calls from the apartment and Mrs Fenn heard crying?' and it made me think, did KM feel she was missing out on going out during the holiday because she kept having to return to the apartment to look after crying children? There are one or two signs that GM was not pulling his weight with regard to childcare; the miserable face on the airport bus; the time when he sent DP round to the apartment to see if KM was managing with the children; the fact that KM slept in the spare bed because she was annoyed with GM.

I have always thought that their solution to this could've been to give the children something so that they would sleep but I was wondering about the comment that they say MM made on the Thurs morning, about why didn't they come when she was crying and I thought of a very good possible reason why they might have said it -

I have thought for a long time that to expect 3 children of that age to go to sleep was unrealistic, as soon as one woke up they all would, and between them they would've wrecked the room. Suppose the 'why didn't you come when we were crying' comment was made specifically to make it look as though Wednesday night was exactly the same as the preceding nights? Or in other words - see they weren't sedated on Wednesday night, and so, logically, they weren't sedated on Thurs either?


____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum