The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Feeling Rage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feeling Rage

Post by whmon on 22.04.13 2:32

This is very personal and I appreciate that I may be villified for it as I deserve to be. I have two rescue dogs, I love them dearly but as rescues they do have certain issues. With one of my dogs, we have fence boundary issues so that when he goes into the garden and the dog next door is in his own garden there tends to be a situation where both my second dog and the dog next door become outraged with each other and try to attack the fence to get at each other. One one particular time as it was happening I stupidly picked my dog up to carry him into the house and because he was in the 'red-zone' he swivelled around in my arms and bit me in the throat.

My immediate reaction was to throw my lovely dog away from me. I love my dog, but I experienced immediate rage. I am not proud of that and I cannot believe I am admitting it but I feel it adds to the case. I threw my dog in rage.

I have already posted in another topic about how parents having an elder sibling of younger twins (as I was) effects the family dynamics I am in my mid 50s yet I still have a scar on my eyebrow which resulted from my mother smashing my face into a door handle when she came into my bedroom where I was seeking refuge, My mother came into the room to seek me out of it and when I complied and headed out of the room she smashed my head into the door handle in rage. The rage, I believe came from pent up emotion of feeling overwhelmed by having two babies to look after while at the same time having an active three year old who was jealous of all of the attention being paid to the twins.

This next statement is in no way defamatary to anybody and simply refers to myself, however, if you wish to apply the situation to anybody else then you are welcome.

I can imagine my mother throwing me in rage onto a sofa. I can imagine her rage at that instant being so great that her strength missdirected me so that I didn't land on the sofa but actually hit the wall and then fell down behind the sofa. I can see this happening in a family where there is an older child then twins.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Rage

Post by whmon on 22.04.13 2:40

Sorry, I should have said I was 'An older sibling of YOUNGER twins..

Please forget this, I have now noticed the edit button and have edited

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.04.13 7:31

There can be very few parents - if they're honest, to paraphrase Kate! - who have not had a temporary loss of control and lashed out at a child, whether or not there were any other siblings on the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 22.04.13 9:59

Whmon, I can identify with your story re your dogs, I have rescue dogs too and if any other dogs pass by the fence they go into melt down.
I was an only child, a very quiet child, seen but not heard, as that was the rule with my strict mother. I was hit on a daily basis. My mother loved me, she just had extremely high standards and expectations of me. Being on the receiving end of such treatment can result in other injuries whilst trying to avoid a slap or a drag or a shake, and I often had a bruise that had resulted from contact with a door jamb or a piece of furniture.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 25.04.13 18:52

It's possible Whmon, but I hope that's not what happened to her, although of course whatever did happen is still awful, I just hope she wasn't conscious of very much. Actually, your theory does fit all the known facts.

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum