The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Mm11

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Mm11

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Regist10

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’ - 15/4/2013

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Empty Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’ - 15/4/2013

Post by Guest 16.04.13 10:39

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’

By Elizabeth Grice

6:00AM BST 15 Apr 2013

Six years after her daughter Madeleine disappeared, a weary Kate McCann still clings to the hope that one day she will be found

Kate McCann did something frighteningly normal the other day.

She stopped at a petrol station, filled up, locked the car and went in to pay, leaving her eight-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, strapped in the back seat. As she stood anxiously at the till, they pulled faces at her through the window.

“It was the first time in six years that I have been able to do that,” she says. “I was very conscious of what I was doing. I left them behind for a few moments. All the time they were in view. They used to protest when I took them inside with me to pay, though they knew it was, as Sean once said, “because someone might take me”.

More here on link (long article) - 170 comments so far......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9995377/Kate-McCann-Its-dreadful-living-with-this-void.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Empty Re: Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’ - 15/4/2013

Post by ShuBob 16.04.13 10:59

Even to this day- six years on- Kate is still trying to justify their claimed childcare arrangements in PdL.

Unbelievable!

Thanks for the link Candyfloss Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 725573
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Empty Re: Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’ - 15/4/2013

Post by tigger 16.04.13 11:00

I've just skimmed through it. - although there is a banner on the front page in the company of another about Joan Bakewell - the article itself is well back in the pages. Shame we're not getting any comments.

I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone. I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness. And maybe there is an element of pity – what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.”
unquote

Whatever the circumstances? Including page 129?? This woman is from another planet!

In that case, how about a bit of forgiveness for Tony Bennett who's never harmed your child at all.

..and this one: Despite having had huge problems with her Achilles’ tendons during training, and spurred on by her children and the messages of sponsors, Kate aims to raise £20,000 for the charity by running the London Marathon on Sunday. “I am a finisher. I’ll get round if I have to crawl.” unquote

No problem, Kate, talk to your husband who is known to cure this in minutes:
From Blacksmith:
McCann Tendon Injury [medical] A disabling injury to the Achilles tendon, often caused by sports activity such as badminton or, particularly, tennis. The MTI is unique in fully healing within fifteen minutes. unquote

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 11:29

I had forgotten that one :-)

Once, when I was much younger, I ruined both my Achille tendons by walking too often and too fast uphill. It took 15 YEARS to heal and still not the same :-(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 11:36

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’

Madeleine McCann: "It's dreadful living with this paedophile in this hellish lair in the lawless hills but, hey, I'll just carry on giving him my tuppenceworth until my mother can be arsed to buy a stamp so she can ask the PJ to reopen the case so they can find me."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 16.04.13 12:32

It's easy to forgive someone who doesn't exist.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 12:37

So is the fragrant one (not of flowers but what's used as a fertiliser) saying that she has never let the twins out of her sight over the last six years?

I must admit that I do look forward to the corkers that emerge every time Kate decides to talk to the media.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 16.04.13 13:32

tasprin wrote:It's easy to forgive someone who doesn't exist.

Exactly!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 13:54

It seems that all the comments have gone and no more can be submitted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 16.04.13 14:26

It would appear Kate McCann is an even more divisive figure than Margaret Thatcher!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.04.13 15:45

Blah-de, Blah, sex life, blah.
Why the hell does this keep being included.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DIBarlow 16.04.13 15:51

Very damning piece in my view.

I'm sure many would cringe at sharing a house with Gerry McCann.

Describing him as a 'void' isn't going to help the situation though, is it?
DIBarlow

Activity : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 16.04.13 16:08

All 314 comments saved (until they deleted them all)

http://forum4.aimoo.com/madeleinemccanncontroversy/New-Sub-category-Example/Telegraph-Kate-McCann-It-s-dreadful-living-with-this-void-April-16-2013-with-comments-1-2158537.html
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 16.04.13 16:21

'Kate did something frighteningly normal the other day' - a stand alone paragraph.

You can't help but laugh at how ambiguous the journalist has made the opening para. Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 110921
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 Empty kate

Post by Peneda Geres 16.04.13 17:38

The twins’ understanding of what happened in Praia da Luz on the night of May
3 2007 is matter-of-fact and unafraid. “We explain it like a burglary,” says
Kate. “You must never take something that doesn’t belong to you. Madeleine
belonged to our family and someone who had no right to her took her away. We
also explain that this is very rare. It doesn’t happen every day.”
However Kate also went on to explain to the twins "....this does not apply to other peoples money"
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 16.04.13 17:56

Too True Peneda! Kate McCann: 'It’s dreadful living with this void’  - 15/4/2013 921124
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 16.04.13 18:11

ShuBob wrote:
tasprin wrote:It's easy to forgive someone who doesn't exist.

Exactly!
IMO I think perhaps they find it easy to forgive themselves.
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 16.04.13 20:21

What on earth is a supposedly serious newspaper doing producing this drivel.Hardly a balanced article.No challenging questions from this 'reporter'.Merely deciding to print what came out of Mrs Healy's mouth.
As for the loving relationship with Gerry, I suppose they are now stuck with each other.Partners in crime, as it were.Which is probably just as well.They deserve each other.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 20:48

I don't see any love lost between them. But, that's just a non-founded gut-feeling observation.
IMO you're right, though: they're stuck with each other. Huis clos: hell are the others ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded 16.04.13 21:04

PeterMac wrote:Blah-de, Blah, sex life, blah.
Why the hell does this keep being included.

I haven't a clue but it all makes for an interesting study

Troubling Mothers

In '"They've taken her!": Psychoanalytic perspectives on mediating maternity, feeling and loss', media and film studies scholar Caroline Bainbridge examines the news media which surrounded the disappearance of the four-year-old British child Madeleine McCann in May 2007. Bainbridge focuses on the ways in which female journalists write about Madeline's mother, Kate McCann, and analyses in depth what the judgments about Kate McCann reveal about classed maternal femininity in contemporary Britain. Drawing on psychoanalysis and on the work of Luce Irigaray, Bainbridge is interested in thinking about why Kate McCann promoted such a negative and affective response in the news media; why she became such a significant and affective measure of 'femininity' in this moment, and why she triggered postfeminism debates about work/life balance and middle class motherhood. Bainbridge is Director of the AHRC funded Media and the Inner World Research Networki, and this paper demonstrates why it is so useful for media scholars to engage with psycho-social debates. In particular, Bainbridge has pioneered the application of the work of Luce Irigaray in film and media studies, and this paper extends this work in news media analysis (see Bainbridge, 2008).

http://www.mamsie.bbk.ac.uk/troubling.html
http://www.mamsie.bbk.ac.uk/bainbridge.html
Olympicana_Reloaded

Activity : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by tedless 16.04.13 21:43

Are they trying to suggest that leaving your child in the back of the car while you pay for petrol is the same as leaving them alone in an apartment while you go out to dine how ever many metres away?
tedless

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 16.04.13 21:51

Despite having had huge problems with her Achilles’ tendons during training, and spurred on by her children and the messages of sponsors, Kate aims to raise £20,000 for the charity by running the London Marathon on Sunday. “I am a finisher. I’ll get round if I have to crawl.”

Like the way she crawled the streets of PDL looking for her missing toddler no
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.04.13 0:48

Peneda Geres wrote:The twins’ understanding of what happened in Praia da Luz on the night of May
3 2007 is matter-of-fact and unafraid. “We explain it like a burglary,” says
Kate. “You must never take something that doesn’t belong to you. Madeleine
belonged to our family and someone who had no right to her took her away. We
also explain that this is very rare. It doesn’t happen every day.”
However Kate also went on to explain to the twins "....this does not apply to other peoples money"

I dont suppose she explain to the twins that conning old age pensioners and school children of their money is burglary, a rare occurence, that does not happen in every missing child case.
She preaches to the twins " to never take something that does not belong to you" yet she did exactly that.
A fine example of a mum who lied to her children with as many teeth in her mouth.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.04.13 9:19

On being a " finisher ". IIRC Kate said this about herself in the book. I found it interesting, the way she emphasised certain aspects of her character : she said more than once that she was "bad" when she was hungry and I am sure that she repeated this stuff about being a " finisher". So once she sets out on a chosen path, she will take it to its conclusion. No putting a stop to things beforehand, no turning back.
Interesting.

from a book review by Ann Marie Hourihane

She
works hard and is determined, “a finisher”, as she says herself. The
first weekend after Madeleine’s disappearance she felt “a burning
desire” to run up Rocha Negra, a nearby mountain. In the coming weeks
she and Gerry did run up it. While running she would say a decade of the
rosary

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.04.13 10:15

But they still cannot forgive Dr Amaral who tried to find their daughter, nor TB who has tried to find out what happened.
They not only cannot and do not forgive, but are trying to ruin both of them financially, for their own personal gain in the first case.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

But of course that is all about people who have Sinned against you, and it could be argued does not address the problem of people who are telling the truth about you.
Can you in fact "forgive" someone who has committed no wrong ?
Perhaps that is where the problem lies.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top