The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Mm11

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Mm11

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Regist10

Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in

Post by PeterMac 15.04.13 8:24

http://www.thewhig.com/2013/04/14/remembering-madeleine

Remembering Madeleine McCann 4

By Danielle VandenBrink, Kingston Whig-Standard
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Susan and Haynes Hubbard hold a picture of Madeleine McCann, who made international headlines when she went missing from a small village in Portugal in 2007. Danielle VandenBrink/The Whig-Standard

GLENBURNIE - In the face of tragedy, Susan Hubbard hopes that, one day, she will hold a celebration.
Instead, the Glenburnie resident will travel to Portugal next month to hold a vigil for Madeleine McCann, who was the focus of international headlines after she was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.
Hubbard, together with her husband, Haynes, and three children, arrived in the small coastal village on May 6 amid chaos in search of the three-year-old child. Haynes, an Anglican priest, had taken a position in a local church.
Hubbard said her concern for the McCann family, who were vacationing in the area when Madeleine was taken from her room while she slept, was immediate.
“When you have a tragedy like that, the whole community is reeling,” she said. “People have no idea when a tragedy happens how far it ripples.”
The Hubbards soon became acquainted to the Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of the missing girl, through church services. The two families are now considered close friends.
“The only thing we could do is be there and pray in hope that she is alive,” said Haynes Hubbard. “Even in the middle of confusion, it needed to be said that this little girl needed to be prayed for and not be forgotten until she comes home.”
The McCann family, who were from England, were bombarded by media attention and, eventually, allegations from some in Portugal that they had been responsible for abducting their own daughter.
When the McCanns would return to Portugal, they would stay with the Hubbards in Praia da Luz.
“(The family) needed a place where they could hide and allow their children to be children,” Susan Hubbard said.
Since, Hubbard said she and her husband have witnessed the immense struggle endured Madeleine’s parents — largely through court battles against defamation and the fight to keep the case open with Portuguese authorities.
“There’s been a lot of injustices along the way,” Hubbard said.
When the Hubbards decided to leave Portugal last year, she said it was made difficult by the fact that Madeleine had not yet been found.
Since her disappearance, Hubbard has held a service in remembrance of Madeleine in Praia da Luz.
However, she said there has been opposition from some in the community who no longer wish to publicly recognize the disappearance.
“The people that rely on (tourism) need people to move on,” she said. “There were a lot of people that want this to go away.”
Hubbard will return to Portugal next month to hold a vigil on the anniversary of the girl's disappearance.
“Until somebody can show she is not alive we will keep looking,” Haynes Hubbard said.
His wife agreed. She said it is Madeleine’s mother, Kate, who continues to hold out hope for her daughter’s return.
“I always say (to Kate) that one of these years we’re going to have a celebration,” she said.

danielle.vandenbrink@sunmedia.ca
twitter.com/danielleinygk
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty Re: Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in

Post by tigger 15.04.13 8:37

Goncalo Amaral: "The British priest staged everything."

Goncalo Amaral: "The priests also know very well what happened that night" ...

I trust Hubbard as far as I can throw him. His arrival in PdL was uncommonly timely.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty Re: Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in

Post by Guest 15.04.13 8:54

I expect this will be regurgitated in due course in the tabloids.

Maybe the McCanns think that having the support of a reverend and his wife will encourage others to believe them too; certainly doesn't work for me though!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.04.13 8:57

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I expect this will be regurgitated in due course in the tabloids.
Maybe the McCanns think that having the support of a reverend and his wife will encourage others to believe them too; certainly doesn't work for me though!
Hubbard is Anglican. The McCanns are, nominally, of the Roman persuasion.
Hubbard does not "do" confession and absolution.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 9:13

I understand that PeterMac; I was just thinking that a supporter of any religious persuasion might be considered a more valuable ally than anyone else.

If there are any gullible rabbis, imams, lamas etc out there who want to show their solidarity, come on down!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty Hubbard anniversary quote

Post by worriedmum 15.04.13 9:14

''Since, Hubbard said she and her husband have witnessed the immense
struggle endured Madeleine’s parents — largely through court battles
against defamation and the fight to keep the case open with Portuguese
authorities.''

(my emphasis in red)

I would like to read more about that.Has any one else read about this please, I would like to know more!
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 15.04.13 9:16

PeterMac wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I expect this will be regurgitated in due course in the tabloids.
Hubbard is Anglican. The McCanns are, nominally, of the Roman persuasion.
Hubbard does not "do" confession and absolution.

So, what does he do then if we are to believe Amaral that "the British priest staged everything" ? thinking
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.04.13 10:06

worriedmum wrote:quote
authorities.''

(my emphasis in red)

I would like to read more about that.Has any one else read about this please, I would like to know more!
I think it is a misprint, for Closed.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 10:08

PeterMac wrote:
authorities.''

(my emphasis in red)

From the Telegraph when the case was shelved....

The McCann’s lawyers will now have 20 days to appeal the decision to archive the case although sources close to the McCanns said that was unlikely to happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2439530/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-and-Gerry-cleared-of-arguido-status-by-Portuguese-police.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 10:20

From Yahoo Answers

In answer to someone wanting to know if Anglicans take confessions

Yes, it's rare. However, we are encouraged in the Bible to confess our sins one to another, so, Auricular Confession is offered in some parishes. However, we have a General Confession and Absolution within the Order for Morning and Evening Prayer, as well as within the Order for Holy Communion, so individual confession is not a requirement.

As to what you can expect, that depends on the parish. Some priests will have a formal confessional, and follow the forms as found in the Catholic Missal, while others will meet with you in the vestry, sanctuary, or other private or semi-private area and just let you talk. (My first one was done in a corner of the fellowship hall.) Whichever way you do it, it's pretty much the same idea; you confess whatever it is that is bothering you, and the priest listens. Since this is your first time, the priest may ask you to do some homework and put together a list from your entire lifetime, so that you get all of it out at one time. If you are going only to confess one particular thing, that should be ok too. Either way, don't be worried about talking to him. I doubt very seriously if you will tell him anything he hasn't heard before.

The only real difference is that the priest will not (or rather, should not) offer absolution. We believe that only God can forgive your sins. While the priest can (and probably will) say an absolution prayer for you, it is understood that only God has the power to wipe your slate clean.

The suggestion you have received of calling and talking to the priest before hand is a very good one. Since each Anglican diocese is autonomous within the whole, the things I'm used to here, and what my experiences have been, may not be at all what you will experience there. If there is a particular form you will be expected to follow, he can explain it to you at that time as well.

Wonder if they did confess to hubbard ?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.04.13 11:30

PeterMac wrote:
authorities.''

(my emphasis in red)

Gonçalo Amaral: "For the McCanns to ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the prosecutor...it costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter.".
- and for those challenged in understanding this statement here it is again:

Gonçalo Amaral: "For the McCanns to ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the prosecutor...it costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter.".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrmxVqOT0k Interview with Father Hubbard -- very priestly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.04.13 12:07

Interview with FHH last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWdV2pORaeA
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 12:08

Has he been drinking? Strange smurks, curling mouth corners, shaking "no" when saying "yes" ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 12:22

laughat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.04.13 12:29

Here's a ten minute interview (mp3) given on 18th April 2008 from the Rev - taken from the Guardian...this answers a few of my questions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/audio/2008/apr/18/adddley.mccann
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.04.13 12:41

At 1.00: '...as a family, they've got two beautiful little children..(pause) ..three!...' he then launches into a determined Maddie come home section, having just overlooked her existence entirely.

This video could do with statement and body language analysis. It would be an interesting one I think. Hobs!! Where are you when we need you? winkwink

.50 ..they're determined (shaking head saying 'no') to make this work...' etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 15.04.13 12:56

The subconscious always finds a way of giving the real answers. There's nothing the McCanns and their acolytes can do about that!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 15.04.13 13:39

tigger wrote:Goncalo Amaral: "The British priest staged everything."

I trust Hubbard as far as I can throw him. His arrival in PdL was uncommonly timely.
I wonder if the British priest Goncalo Amaral refers to is the McCann's family priest, Father Seddon, who went over to PDL a couple of times, the first time on Madeleine's birthday. He was obviously more than just a family priest as according to his rogatory interview, he even went on holiday with them a few times and both Kate and Gerry phoned him the night Madeleine went missing.
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.04.13 13:43

aquila wrote:Here's a ten minute interview (mp3) given on 18th April 2008 from the Rev - taken from the Guardian...this answers a few of my questions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/audio/2008/apr/18/adddley.mccann

Snippets:
..that something so horrific had happened literally in our own backyard...
(there’s that damn backyard again - same one even!)

....not until we had a chance to come into Gerry and Kate McCann’s presence that we started to be affected by it. (coming into the presence of Gods? What’s going on here?)

press) .. they coped with it , allowing that utter invasion etc. ( doesn’t agree with either the blog or the diary - press was standing by waiting for arranged photo opportunities, interviews were arranged and rehearsed - all according to diary and blog)

(Rev. Hubbard is using the word ‘silly’ many, many times).
....once we were privileged to know a couple that were grieving
.....the silliness of these stories......

My wife - when we first came it was really awful -- she’d go to bed every night crying and double locking the doors and the windows. (Errm. vicars’ wife? didn’t praying help? In fact prayer or praying isn’t mentioned in this interview!)

Your fear abates etc. when we would watch the news and see the helicopters and turn the news off and still hear the helicopters fluttering around.
(that would be the Royal Navy then since Gerry stated firmly that there were NO helicopters).
unquote

April 2008 - just managed to avoid being interviewed in the Rogatories. Still arguidos, newspapers silenced, compensation arranged. Building towards a better future.
Commenting on the genuflecting Hubbards - I'm speechless. Prayer isn't mentioned once!

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.04.13 13:49

Genbug wrote:

I wonder if the British priest Goncalo Amaral refers to is the McCann's family priest, Father Seddon, who went over to PDL a couple of times, the first time on Madeleine's birthday. He was obviously more than just a family priest as according to his rogatory interview, he even went on holiday with them a few times and both Kate and Gerry phoned him the night Madeleine went missing.

Thanks, I didn't know that. However Rev. Hubbard was also doing his best as you can see above!

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 15.04.13 14:01

tigger wrote:
Genbug wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know that. However Rev. Hubbard was also doing his best as you can see above!
Yes, something odd about him and his views! You can see the rogatory interview of Paul Seddon on MCF. He's an odd one too!
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded 15.04.13 14:52

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. take a look at this

Cardinal visited killer Riggi in hospital

Thursday 10 March 2011

THE leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland visited a woman who killed her three children after she had been charged with their murder and was being assessed in a psychiatric unit, it has emerged.

Cardinal Keith O’Brien made the “private pastoral” visit to Theresa Riggi, 47, while she was being monitored in the Orchard Clinic at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital after the deaths of twins Austin and Luke, eight, and five-year-old Cecilia on August 4.

At the High Court in Edinburgh on Monday, the shocking details of their discovery were revealed for the first time.

It emerged that each of the children had eight stab wounds and numerous cuts, bruises and abrasions on their bodies.

Riggi, who was diagnosed as suffering from three different personality disorders, pled guilty to killing the children.

She entered a plea of culpable homicide on the grounds of diminished responsibility after originally being charged with murder. She will be sentenced on April 26.

The family were known to be devout Catholics and during the High Court hearing, it emerged that at one stage during her stay at Orchard Clinic -- a medium secure unit for people with mental health problems -- she had asked that the Pope visit her.

Cardinal O’Brien’s visit is believed to have taken place several weeks before Pope Benedict XVI visited Glasgow and Edinburgh as part of a state visit.

A spokesman for the Catholic Church in Scotland said last night: “We can confirm that Cardinal O’Brien did make a private pastoral visit to Mrs Riggi while she was a patient at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital last year. It happened at her request.

“The details of the meeting should remain private.”

The court heard that Riggi and her husband Pasquale’s relationship had broken down and the couple, who are originally from America, were locked in a legal battle over access to and custody of the three children.

The day before the deaths, she had failed to turn up to a court hearing and judge Lady Clarke had ordered the family to be assessed by social workers.

Mr Riggi, 46, had last spoken to his wife on August 2, when she asked if he planned to take the children away.

On being told by her husband that she had “left him no choice”, Riggi replied “say goodbye then” and hung up.

The High Court heard that building manager Derek Knight discovered the bodies of the three children in the flat in Slateford Road, Edinburgh, on August 4.

Pools of blood lay around the house and there were three knives in the room where the victims were laid out on a floor. There was a space said to have been left for their mother, who had stab wounds on her body and had fallen head first from the second-storey balcony.

When police arrived at the house, a song “similar to that at church services” was playing on a laptop.

It was later found to be called Angel and the artist was “Tess Riggi”. The accused had wanted to become a professional violinist and vocalist before an accident in her teens, the court heard.

The three children were laid to rest after a funeral service at St Mary’s Cathedral, Aberdeen.

Speaking before the funeral, Mr Riggi said: “I was raised as a Catholic and I am a practising Catholic and that is how the children were being raised.

“So your faith and your family and friends -- that is what you hold dearest -- and that certainly helps you.

“We believe that Austin, Luke and Cecilia are with God, so they are not with us physically but are with us spiritually and that helps.”

At the High Court in Edinburgh on Monday, the shocking details of their discovery were revealed for the first time.

It emerged that each of the children had eight stab wounds and numerous cuts, bruises and abrasions on their bodies.

Riggi, who was diagnosed as suffering from three different personality disorders, pled guilty to killing the children.

She entered a plea of culpable homicide on the grounds of diminished responsibility after originally being charged with murder. She will be sentenced on April 26.

The family were known to be devout Catholics and during the High Court hearing, it emerged that at one stage during her stay at Orchard Clinic -- a medium secure unit for people with mental health problems -- she had asked that the Pope visit her.

Cardinal O’Brien’s visit is believed to have taken place several weeks before Pope Benedict XVI visited Glasgow and Edinburgh as part of a state visit.

A spokesman for the Catholic Church in Scotland said last night: “We can confirm that Cardinal O’Brien did make a private pastoral visit to Mrs Riggi while she was a patient at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital last year. It happened at her request.

“The details of the meeting should remain private.”

The court heard that Riggi and her husband Pasquale’s relationship had broken down and the couple, who are originally from America, were locked in a legal battle over access to and custody of the three children.

The day before the deaths, she had failed to turn up to a court hearing and judge Lady Clarke had ordered the family to be assessed by social workers.

Mr Riggi, 46, had last spoken to his wife on August 2, when she asked if he planned to take the children away.

On being told by her husband that she had “left him no choice”, Riggi replied “say goodbye then” and hung up.

The High Court heard that building manager Derek Knight discovered the bodies of the three children in the flat in Slateford Road, Edinburgh, on August 4.

Pools of blood lay around the house and there were three knives in the room where the victims were laid out on a floor. There was a space said to have been left for their mother, who had stab wounds on her body and had fallen head first from the second-storey balcony.

When police arrived at the house, a song “similar to that at church services” was playing on a laptop.

It was later found to be called Angel and the artist was “Tess Riggi”. The accused had wanted to become a professional violinist and vocalist before an accident in her teens, the court heard.

The three children were laid to rest after a funeral service at St Mary’s Cathedral, Aberdeen.

Speaking before the funeral, Mr Riggi said: “I was raised as a Catholic and I am a practising Catholic and that is how the children were being raised.

“So your faith and your family and friends -- that is what you hold dearest -- and that certainly helps you.

“We believe that Austin, Luke and Cecilia are with God, so they are not with us physically but are with us spiritually and that helps.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/cardinal-visited-killer-riggi-in-hospital-1.1089558

Theresa Riggi jailed for killing her three children

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13208067
Olympicana_Reloaded

Activity : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 15.04.13 17:13

I can't believe I'd never heard Hubbard speaking until today. How did I miss those? And oh, my... what a peculiar seeming character.

In one of them, he said that if they had booked a holiday and were due to visit PDL with their children , they would have cancelled, but that makes no sense, when in fact they were due to arrive there 3 days later with their children to LIVE.... and they went ahead?

It's rather eerie when he talks about a tragedy occurring, right there in their garden, that Maddie is right there etc and that Kate goes there to be with Madeleine. [Paraphrasing -would need to listen again]. He sounds quite literal...

He talks of K&G as though they are THEY are the Messiahs. Freaky.

I don't like his little sniggers. Weird.

Off to read Seddon's rog now, as I don't remember about him having holidayed with the McCanns....
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in

Post by Monty Heck 15.04.13 21:52

hubbard - Anniversary coming up. Rev Hubbard now roped in Empty PeterMac Today at 8:24 am

http://www.thewhig.com/2013/04/14/remembering-madeleine

This bit rather revealing:

“The only thing we could do is be there and pray in hope that she is alive,” said Haynes Hubbard. “Even in the middle of confusion, it needed to be said that this little girl needed to be prayed for and not be forgotten until she comes home.”

There was confusion after the first outpouring of support, when information started to trickle out that some of the claims made (i.e. the damaged shutters & break in) had been quickly dismissed by the evidence and subsequently divergence of views among the ex pat congregation back then. Some took the view that the parents shouldn't have left their children alone but felt that they should be supported in in their time of need nonetheless; others were more pragmatic and began to question whether the claimed abduction was in fact true. There were also some concerns about the church's position in allying themselves so openly with the McCs if it turned out that the group had been involved after all. Therefore "it needed to be said" that this little girl needed to be prayed for. A consensus seemed to be reached however, as even the doubters were in accord with that.

Mrs Hubbard is correct that people eventually wanted to move on but there were issues regarding their personal support of the couple almost from the earliest days; some people felt that the assistance offered should have remained at a pastoral level and that the private friendship it became was inappropriate.

There may have been to an extent a degree of schadenfreude with this situation. An obscure colonial priest and wife arrived into what would normally have been the quietest of backwaters which should have passed in complete obscurity but instead they were catapulted into the limelight and (IMO) appeared always to bask in the reflected glory of the famous couple and seemed delighted to embrace any opportunity in the limelight that came their way, which seems to continue to this day. I do believe thery're entirely sincere in their support of the McCs and believe they have taken them at face value and believe entirely in their innocence. I think they see their support of the McCs as their Christian duty and as a bonus they all get on terribly well.

One thing I do know for certain is that negotions for the Hubbards' arrival in PDL had been ongoing for a long time prior to that happening so am not convinced that their turning up at that time was anything more than co-incidental. Almost providential from the McCs point of view (!) that 2 such willing and unquestioning supporters with the appropriate connections and influence arrived when they did, thus allowing the religious PR to be quickly developed to it's full potential. Apologies if that offends anyone with religious sensibilities but the quite ruthless exploitation of the church and congegations of PDL is one of my particular bugbears about this case.

Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 22:01

IIRC the name Hubbard was also on the guest list of The Ocean Club

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top