The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Easy Jet out of Portugal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easy Jet out of Portugal

Post by Guest on 06.04.13 19:48

Now, for the sake of argument. Hypothesis. Not true. No offense intended.

I am willing to believe Maddie McCann existed at some point in time.
Never have I seen any evidence of this. But it may be around.

She may have been in Portugal at some moment.
When?
No one knows for sure.
There is no evidence.

But, assuming that she existed, and that she was in Portugal (Praia de Luz, to be precise) on or around april/may 2007;

and assuming that her parents found her missing at a given moment;
and further assuming that her parents were in some way involved in het going missing:

How can it be explained away that Kate and Gerry McCann stayed on in Paraia da Luz, Portugal, instead of travelling back to the UK shortly after her disappearance?

If they would have been guilty, surely, their first concern would have been to ship the twins (a/o themselves) out with the first flight?

Or not to have returned on mr Greens private jet?

They could have gone anywhere, bur still they choose to stay on near the place where they fellt Maddy went missing.

Why did they stay in Praia da Luz, sitting ducks for a Portuguese investigation?

I invite your comments on this.

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Jet out of Portugal

Post by Guest on 06.04.13 19:53

For what it's worth: controlling the situation?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.04.13 20:01

They intended to stay indefinitely. Certainly until the twins were of school-going age (2-3 yrs). They were going to learn Portuguese.
They pretended that the villa they stayed in from the 1st July was loaned to them free of charge. (see the original plan topic for refs.)

As for not going back to the UK: For the sake of argument: would going back to the UK have had more consequences than staying in Portugal? Is there an extradition treaty with Portugal?

Staying in Portugal made no sense in terms of looking for Maddie as they themselves had stated that she'd have been over the border in hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 06.04.13 22:18

While not wishing to defend the McCanns, if my child had gone missing on holiday I would also not have left the area because leaving without my child would be akin to admitting to myself that my child had gone forever. Similarly, (I can not bring myself to say 'me or ''I' here as it is unthinkable) a parent who had done wrong to their child would want to stay in loci to try to appear innocent.

As I said, I don't want to appear as if I am defending the McCanns but I believe that their potential innocence should be factored into any potential evidence or theory. This is an area where the McCanns fail miserably. Any person who suggests that they had a hand in Madeleine's disappearance is automatically belittled and undermined by them (even taken to court.) Why are the McCanns not working with thetheorists who say they are suspicious - by defending themselves with real evidence? Why instead, are the McCanns simply paying huge legal fees to get people silenced?
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.04.13 22:37

whmon wrote:While not wishing to defend the McCanns, if my child had gone missing on holiday I would also not have left the area because leaving without my child would be akin to admitting to myself that my child had gone forever. Similarly, (I can not bring myself to say 'me or ''I' here as it is unthinkable) a parent who had done wrong to their child would want to stay in loci to try to appear innocent.

As I said, I don't want to appear as if I am defending the McCanns but I believe that their potential innocence should be factored into any potential evidence or theory. This is an area where the McCanns fail miserably. Any person who suggests that they had a hand in Madeleine's disappearance is automatically belittled and undermined by them (even taken to court.) Why are the McCanns not working with the theorists who say they are suspicious - by defending themselves with real evidence? Why instead, are the McCanns simply paying huge legal fees to get people silenced?
I do not think there is anything "wrong" with putting up arguments which defend the Mccanns. That is the only way in which the facts, such as they are, will be examined, and alternative theories and hypotheses tested.
But to answer your perceptive questions, why are they not working and defending themselves with real evidence, why are they trying to get people silenced,
1 There is none in their favour. That which there is points directly and inexorably against them. On all points.
2 That is the only way they have been told will prevent the sky falling in upon them. In this they and their advisors are of course wrong (Wilde, Trafigura, Archer, Sutcliffe, Aitken, . . . .)

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.04.13 23:44

Portia, my opinion is that they stayed in PDL knowing that otherwise had they returned they would have been under intense media and press attention in the UK. Also they would have had to face family and friends which they were trying to avoid. From Portugal it was easier to control what they say to selected family members and friends and use them to spin. Plus maybe they'd unfinished business in PDLat that stage that had to be taken care off.

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.04.13 8:17

aiyoyo wrote:Portia, my opinion is that they stayed in PDL knowing that otherwise had they returned they would have been under intense media and press attention in the UK. Also they would have had to face family and friends which they were trying to avoid. From Portugal it was easier to control what they say to selected family members and friends and use them to spin. Plus maybe they'd unfinished business in PDLat that stage that had to be taken care of.

OR / AND
They needed to be in Portugal in case there was a unexpected "discovery", or a new and unexpected witness or turn of events.
In that case they would need to be there to control the process, work out the explanations (- explanations for anything police either have or have not found - YET )
and ensure that the most positive spin could be put on it.
And of course show the world what good grieving parents they really were.
They only got out when the heat was turned up, and immediately briefed extradition lawyers.
Does that not speak for itself ?

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.04.13 8:42

PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Portia, my opinion is that they stayed in PDL knowing that otherwise had they returned they would have been under intense media and press attention in the UK. Also they would have had to face family and friends which they were trying to avoid. From Portugal it was easier to control what they say to selected family members and friends and use them to spin. Plus maybe they'd unfinished business in PDLat that stage that had to be taken care of.

OR / AND
They needed to be in Portugal in case there was a unexpected "discovery", or a new and unexpected witness or turn of events.
In that case they would need to be there to control the process, work out the explanations (- explanations for anything police either have or have not found - YET )
They only got out when the heat was turned up, and immediately briefed extradition lawyers.

..the very same lawyers who successfully stopped the extradition of Pinochet. Best to start at the top in these matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 07.04.13 11:26

An early return to the UK would have meant having to face the music, which at that time was not particularly favourable to them, given the general outrage regarding their having left the children alone which was then being hotly debated. That was dealt with over the summer of 2007 by the carefully orchestrated PR campaign which was effectively saying "yes, what they did was wrong but we've all done it, they're suffering and we don't need to add to it with any beastly recriminations and anyone who does that is depraved or deluded or both". Remaining in PDL those months gave them physical distance from the worst of that while allowing them to dip in and out of the debate as they chose by speaking with selected media outlets in pre-arranged situations. There was also the added pathos of the anguished parents desperately awaiting news in a paradise which had become a hell and one very pretty little church which became the iconic symbol of their personal devoutness. Much more photogenic than Rothley in the rain.
Not sure I agree with the person who said that staying in PDL meant they could avoid questions from friends and family as they seem to have ensured that every relation and acquaintance possible was shipped to the Algarve at some point or another that summer. The list of those who had travelled out (to do what, exactly?) when the investigation files were released was astonishing: from childhood friends to priests and acquaintances they seem to have had hardly any frequent contact with it seemed rather a motley collection. It was as if someone had gone through their Christmas card list and invited everyone over, though what the point of that would be to people who were initially floored with shock then working really hard to set up a fighting fund and travelling randomly throughout Europe and the US is hard to imagine.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.04.13 12:15

PeterMac wrote:

OR / AND

Quite right.
They least expect the Police methods to be so brilliant that cadaver dogs were used.
Once they were sniffed (so to speak), taken them by total surprise (before then they were seen laughing and generally goofing around) they hot footed it out of the PDL in a flash, preferring to face the inevitable media storm they unleashed by their own doing in UK than risking potential arrests.
You would expect them to have waited till they are arrested before engaging extradition lawyers.
But, no, that was one of the first things they did on return, pre-empting something obviously. Speaks volume.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 07.04.13 13:39

And of course, they thought they were pally with the PJ - they wrongly thought (imo) that they could influence the investigation by wining and dining them. Probably.
Also, it was very useful to them to hide behind the Portuguese secrecy laws.
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.04.13 20:08

Lance De Boils wrote:And of course, they thought they were pally with the PJ - they wrongly thought (imo) that they could influence the investigation by wining and dining them. Probably.
Also, it was very useful to them to hide behind the Portuguese secrecy laws.

I gather the technique was to let their (i.e. the McCann's children) play with the dago policeman's children. Rather like royalty allowing close contact at one remove I always thought.

Kate does say something in the book like: 'Their children played with OUR children.' Very good of you Ma'am, I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum