The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine, 'an integral part of the family'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine, 'an integral part of the family'

Post by bristow on 03.04.13 0:22

Have just been reading a few of the very early reports and quotes of Madeleine's disappearance and found this comment from The Telegraph, I believe from 7/7/2007, taken from Truth for Madeleine forum.
This from Gerry's sister Philomena is certainly a very odd comment,

"She said that Madeleine "is the centre of her parents' universe, she is an integral part of the family, a big sister. She is the Pied Piper, the little princess, the focus of every day for the parents. I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

I agree totally with the poster that saying Madeleine was 'an integral part of the family' is a very odd thing to say, why say that, surely it would go without saying that Madeleine was an integral part of the family? Over egging the pudding springs to mind.

Some of the early quotes are very interesting.
bristow

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine, 'an integral part of the family'

Post by tigger on 03.04.13 6:04

Very strange indeed and given some of the family's 'normal' speech pattern, I've always wondered if statements such as the one above came from e.g. an email.
That would also explain why family and friends were so word-perfect in some respects and so very different when answering off-the-cuff questions.

Great topic!

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.04.13 8:57

@Bristow
Just had a look on McCannfiles.com under the separate topic of Philomena McCann (I believe Philomena means nightingale?).

The transcripts are full of Gerry-politico speak - mixed with a good dose of PM.

Also found:
Philomena McCann ratemyteachers.com
'Dont't like her aggressive I am right don't question it attitude'
Entry for 11/02/07 (since removed)

Reminds me of someone. thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.04.13 10:50

This is what one might say of a fostered child, or an adopted one, to re-inforce the feeling of family, but surely ever of a naturally born child.
Very strange.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 03.04.13 12:25

PeterMac wrote:This is what one might say of a fostered child, or an adopted one, to re-inforce the feeling of family, but surely ever of a naturally born child.
Very strange.

It is very strange. It is in the league of "I'm a very honest person, never tell a lie, honest guv". Certain statements make it perfectly obvious that the complete opposite is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.04.13 14:37

bristow wrote:Have just been reading a few of the very early reports and quotes of Madeleine's disappearance and found this comment from The Telegraph, I believe from 7/7/2007, taken from Truth for Madeleine forum.

r=red]]"She said that Madeleine "is the centre of her parents' universe, she is an integral part of the family, a big sister. She is the Pied Piper, the little princess, the focus of every day for the parents. I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

I agree totally with the poster that saying Madeleine was 'an integral part of the family' is a very odd thing to say, why say that, surely it would go without saying that Madeleine was an integral part of the family? Over egging the pudding springs to mind.

Some of the early quotes are very interesting.[/quote]

--------------------------------------

That sounds like a PR statement to me, written by someone who didn't actually know the child but went over the top in describing her; a statement given to family or friends to be read out in front of the TV cameras. The poor child was barely 4 years old, not 10/11/12 years old.

I have mentioned before as have other people on here that maybe Madeleine didn't live full-time with the McCanns but could have lived with a member of the family elsewhere and only came to the McCanns on high days and holidays, therefore, she had no real connection with the McCanns or the twins. Didn't Kate say once that "the twins didn't really have much to do with Madeleine" or something along those lines.

One of the questions put to the Kate in the PJ interviewing was "were you thinking of giving Madeleine away at some time" (I can't remember the exact words), so where did that idea come from? Were they given that information by someone? Sorry to repeat this again, but there may be new members here and I just wanted to reiterate the points.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.04.13 14:42

Newintown wrote: One of the questions put to the Kate in the PJ interviewing was "were you thinking of giving Madeleine away at some time" (I can't remember the exact words), so where did that idea come from? Were they given that information by someone? . . ..
Clearly Yes.
Firstly detectives do not ask questions of suspects to gain information, they only ask things to which they already know the answer.
Secondly it is a question right "off the wall". Bizarre even. I do not remember ever having asked that question in all my service.
So they clearly had been told.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.04.13 15:28

PeterMac wrote:
Newintown wrote: One of the questions put to the Kate in the PJ interviewing was "were you thinking of giving Madeleine away at some time" (I can't remember the exact words), so where did that idea come from? Were they given that information by someone? . . ..
Clearly Yes.
Firstly detectives do not ask questions of suspects to gain information, they only ask things to which they already know the answer.
Secondly it is a question right "off the wall". Bizarre even. I do not remember ever having asked that question in all my service.
So they clearly had been told.
Sorry to be vague about this, but I have a certain recollection from way back about a statement by a family member [?], which has been withheld and cannot be used in evidence ... Anyone remember more?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.04.13 15:39

Newintown wrote:
bristow wrote:Have just been reading a few of the very early reports and quotes of Madeleine's disappearance and found this comment from The Telegraph, I believe from 7/7/2007, taken from Truth for Madeleine forum.

r=red]]"She said that Madeleine "is the centre of her parents' universe, she is an integral part of the family, a big sister. She is the Pied Piper, the little princess, the focus of every day for the parents. I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

That sounds like a PR statement to me, written by someone who didn't actually know the child but went over the top in describing her; a statement given to family or friends to be read out in front of the TV cameras. The poor child was barely 4 years old, not 10/11/12 years old.

I have mentioned before as have other people on here that maybe Madeleine didn't live full-time with the McCanns but could have lived with a member of the family elsewhere and only came to the McCanns on high days and holidays, therefore, she had no real connection with the McCanns or the twins. Didn't Kate say once that "the twins didn't really have much to do with Madeleine" or something along those lines.

One of the questions put to the Kate in the PJ interviewing was "were you thinking of giving Madeleine away at some time" (I can't remember the exact words), so where did that idea come from? Were they given that information by someone? Sorry to repeat this again, but there may be new members here and I just wanted to reiterate the points.[/quote]

My very thoughts! Could not possibly have been scripted by the same person as this?
'So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that.'
'She is the Pied Piper, the little princess, the focus of every day for the parents.' seems very much from the same pen......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.04.13 16:05

tigger wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't the Pied Piper lead a crowd of small children to their deaths?

One of the questions put to the Kate in the PJ interviewing was "were you thinking of giving Madeleine away at some time" (I can't remember the exact words), so where did that idea come from? Were they given that information by someone? Sorry to repeat this again, but there may be new members here and I just wanted to reiterate the points.

Didn't the Pied Piper cause the deaths of all children following him?

What a singularly miscast description of Maddie then!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.04.13 16:36

Portia wrote: Didn't the Pied Piper cause the deaths of all children following him?
What a singularly miscast description of Maddie then!
He did. It is thought that it might be an allegory of the Children's Crusade of 1212, or possibly a way of explaining the Black Death to children who survived.
A bit like telling young children that their sister has been taken away by a bad man, to soften the message that she has in fact died.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Madeleine and her family...

Post by worriedmum on 03.04.13 16:54

quote '' ...I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

That is what jumps out to me. It wasn't, IMO, 'done' to the family. It was 'done' to Madeleine.
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.04.13 17:10

tigger wrote:
Newintown wrote:

My very thoughts! Could not possibly have been scripted by the same person as this?
'So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that.'
'She is the Pied Piper, the little princess, the focus of every day for the parents.' seems very much from the same pen......
[/quote]

To me all these superfluous descriptions of her is just surreal. Like describing ideally how a perfect child would be like, all very disingenuous - a child who is princess - who could read Harry Porter at aged three? Even if a 3-yr old can read they won't have interest in Harry Porter. And no body I know would describe a child as "charismatic"; lovely maybe, but charismatic? What does a child know about charming people?
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.04.13 17:13

Something went wrong with my post (answer to Newintown) - I'm getting credit for Newintown's post. All I posted there was:

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.04.13 17:14

worriedmum wrote:quote '' ...I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

That is what jumps out to me. It wasn't, IMO, 'done' to the family. It was 'done' to Madeleine.

and it was 'done' to Madeleine whilst her parents left her alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country where it was 'just like dining in your back garden' and is apparently 'well within the realms of responsible parenting' according to unknown/undisclosed professionals.

'Integral' isn't a word I'd use to describe a child in any family let alone my own.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.04.13 17:43

A reminder of a quote from Granny McCann about this is how Gerry is repaid after all the good things he's done.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6708-channel-4-news-4th-may-2007#150180

Weird family the lot of 'em.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 03.04.13 17:45

Châtelaine Today at 3:28 pm

Sorry
to be vague about this, but I have a certain recollection from way back
about a statement by a family member [?], which has been withheld and
cannot be used in evidence ... Anyone remember more
?

Chatelaine, I found this on Mccanfiles.

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts

17 October 2009

A
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

(b) one is your country's overseas
Ambassador and the other resides in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

On March 19 this year the FOI News
reported thus:

'Sensitive e-mails concerning the hunt for missing child Madeleine McCann will
remain secret for fear of offending the Portuguese authorities who were tasked
with finding her.

'A request for the disclosure of 13 e-mails and one letter, which were written
in the two months after Madeleine went missing, was refused by the Information
Commissioner.'

And later, discussing an appeal by the requester to the Information
Commissioner's Office:

'The complainant said the release was in the public interest in order to uphold
public confidence that British authorities do everything possible to help find
missing children, reassure people the authorities keep in close contact with
the police involved in the search and ensure public funds are used effectively
to help find missing children.

'But the Commissioner said in his decision that the disclosure would offend the
Portuguese authorities.

'He went on to say: "...even now, to disclose full information about the
then ambassador's communications with the Portuguese authorities then, on a
balance of probabilities, substantial damage to the international relationship
would result."

'He added: "The Commissioner is mindful of the need for the UK authorities
to be seen to be worthy of trust by their foreign counterparts in Portugal and
elsewhere in the world.

'"He sees significant risk that disclosure of confidences or of other
sensitive material would have damaging implications for any possible further
developments on this matter and any relevant future investigations in Portugal
or elsewhere in the world. This would not be in the best interests of the
McCann family, including Madeleine, or of other UK citizens travelling to
Portugal or elsewhere outside the UK."'

In sum therefore, the Commissioner took the view that, if the UK authorities
were perceived as prepared to 'tell tales out of school' we would no longer be
internationally respected for our integrity. Hence he felt it inappropriate to
divulge 'sensitive material' or 'disclose confidences.'

It all sounds very paternal, very proper, until one discovers just what
'confidences' are being protected. I invite you, dear reader, to peruse in
disbelief, as I have, comments recorded within the 3 March Decision Notice
under Reference FS50188322:

Findings of fact

13. On May 3 2007 the child Madeleine McCann went missing: at the time of the
information request the investigation into her disappearance was high profile
and continuing. In determining to withhold certain information under the
section 27 exemption, FCO consulted with the British Embassy in Lisbon and with
two relevant authorities in the UK - Leicestershire Police and the Association
of Chief Police Officers (ACPO).

14. FCO told the Commissioner that a family member had made clear to FCO
staff that all comments made by that individual to FCO had been made in strict
confidence and were not intended for disclosure to third parties
. FCO
did not approach the family member again during the Commissioner's
investigation but told the Commissioner that they were confident the
individual would not appreciate being contacted regarding disclosure of the
relevant personal information
, a position the Commissioner accepted.

So, in part at least, an international incident is averted by not betraying the
confidence of a family member, who would not appreciate being contacted.

Even as I write this I stare with complete and utter incredulity at these
statements. If members of the UK Parliament viewed Carter-Rucks' attempt to suppress
discussion of the Trafigura report as an affront to democracy, what on earth
are we supposed to make of this?

Casey5

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 03.04.13 17:46

A very bizarre statement indeed. It should go without saying that any natural child and especially a first- born is an integral part of his/ her family, seeing that integration means a person becoming part of a group or society and accepted by them !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.04.13 18:09

russiandoll wrote:A very bizarre statement indeed. It should go without saying that any natural child and especially a first- born is an integral part of his/ her family, seeing that integration means a person becoming part of a group or society and accepted by them !

'integral' is indeed a weird word to use about Madeleine within a family context especially if speaking off the cuff in a media interview. 'Joe Bloggs was an integral part of the team' is normal usage of the word. It's business-speke.

Just my opinion.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 05.04.13 15:24

worriedmum wrote:quote '' ...I cannot understand why anyone would do such a wicked thing to this family."

But it's all about the parents, don't you know? Poor, hard done by Kate and Gerry. It's not, and never has been, about Madeleine.
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.04.13 15:32

Lance De Boils wrote:

But it's all about the parents, don't you know? Poor, hard done by Kate and Gerry. It's not, and never has been, about Madeleine.

The way it was said is as if the perpetrator was being personal with the mccanns, like wanting to getting even or vengeance with the mccanns.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 05.04.13 16:16

Yes, aiyoyo. I agree, it does come across like that - as though Maddie had been abducted purely to attack her parents and not because the abductor wanted a child per se. That in itself would rule out paedos, "childless couples" etc.
Now whilst I can understand that Kate & Gerry are the type of people that have probably managed to accrue a fair army of enemies over the years (if nothing else, just by their "unlikeable" personalities), exacting revenge by snatching a child would be one hell of a risky way of getting to the parents, and by doing so, they will of course have burdened themselves with a child. How likely is that?
[Not that there's any credible evidence in the public domain which backs up the story of Maddie having been abducted anyway!]
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.04.13 12:03

The same 'non speech' ...integral part of the family...
you'll find in D Payne's statement re his 30 sec/min visit to Kate. Payne asking if it was not a bit early to go to bed for the.... errr errr ..three of them..
If he had finished his sentence it would have been, a bit early for the twins.
Recoiling from that it became the errrrrr three of them.
If he was on the verge to say kids, no need to stop and rephrase.
Me thinks

parapono

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum