The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Antarctic ice has been EXPANDING consistently over the past 30 years (BBC News today)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antarctic ice has been EXPANDING consistently over the past 30 years (BBC News today)

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.04.13 17:49

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antarctic ice has been EXPANDING consistently over the past 30 years (BBC News today)

Post by tigger on 01.04.13 19:21

I see it's based on a report by the KNMI - the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute. They're still very keen on climate change.

I rather like the way they've managed to get the 'melting' into the expanding ice. Stating that the Arctic ice is shrinking, it is in some locations, in other locations it's growing.
In my experience the KNMI aren't even very good at predicting the weather here, forecasts change as the day goes on and my theory is that the whole thing is done by a man standing on the roof of the Institute and calling down the changes as he sees them coming.
They forecast thunderstorms so many times I've lost count, the only time there was the mother and father of all thunderstorms there was no predictions at all.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Antarctic ice has been EXPANDING consistently over the past 30 years (BBC News today)

Post by Guest on 01.04.13 23:14

It must have been some 14-15 years ago, when I was having dinner with some friends, one of them a documentary maker from Italy and another one of his commissioners, a Norwegian TV controller. They told me that, after having made an impressive documentary about the North Pole, he was commissioned a couple of years later to make a sequel. As before, he and his crew traveled to the far north of Scandanavia and there took the helicopter again to film on the ice. They had to go back, because 100's of kilometers of ice weren't there anymore ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.04.13 23:17

@tigger wrote:

I see it's based on a report by the KNMI - the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute. They're still very keen on climate change.

I rather like the way they've managed to get the 'melting' into the expanding ice. Stating that the Arctic ice is shrinking, it is in some locations, in other locations it's growing.
In my experience the KNMI aren't even very good at predicting the weather here, forecasts change as the day goes on and my theory is that the whole thing is done by a man standing on the roof of the Institute and calling down the changes as he sees them coming.
They forecast thunderstorms so many times I've lost count, the only time there was the mother and father of all thunderstorms there was no predictions at all.

You remind me of rather silly, but true joke. The Belgian weather forecast on radio for the next 5 days, ending with: "The weather of today: look out of the window." They DO have a sense of humour, don't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.04.13 7:46

We're in an interstadial. Climate does change, the climatic maximum of ca. 5000 bc to ca. 2000 bc allowed grapes to be grown in Scandinavia and temperate forests to exist.
There is still no consensus about what triggers an 'ice age' - or what triggers a reversal of the poles and whether that triggers a new Ice Age.
The last Glacial Maximum was about 21000 yrs ago. The Holocene, the interstadial we're experiencing at the moment has lasted around 11000 yrs.

The whole Global Warming religion - complete with carbon footprints and punitive taxes is maintained by those who profit from it.

They've renamed the three last ice ages which I think is a great pity: Riss - Mindel and Wurm sounded so much better. I've always wanted to have three dogs and name them accordingly. Big dogs of course. winkwink

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 07.04.13 21:43

Aren't we due a pole reversal any time now-ish?
It's something that happens regularly (long periods of time, we're talking about here) - no idea if/how that would affect global weather patterns or temperature changes. Anyone clued up on pole reversals here?

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.04.13 22:22

I'm not clued up. Just know that we haven't had snow here for 6 days in a row now. Bless :-)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum