The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The 'Slamming Door'

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 'Slamming Door'

Post by aquila on 25.03.13 14:23

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:Kate tells us she listened, and wasn't going to make a visual check until she noticed the door was open more than she expected it to be. She says she didn't put the light on for fear of waking the children....................BUT

she tells us the door SLAMMED shut (and mimes her look of surprise at it does so) and the curtains whooshed (cold air in the room).............all IMO quite dramatically...

BUT implicit in her narrative is the fact that NO-ONE WOKE UP. She does not report even a sigh from her children who would have, I infer from her not intending to enter the room ,been disturbed by her entering the room to make a visual check, and if you look at the way she carefully starts to close the door, as if the merest squeak might disturb them-then says she didn't put the light on suggesting that they would possibly woken up if she switched the light on- but she doesn't remark on the fact they didn't stir at all. There's no sense of 'I can't believe that didn't wake them up'-she's already telling us she's looking at them from the doorway, still in the dark -again suggesting the reason is she doesn't want to wake them. But if you watch the video, she looks shocked at the force of the door slamming shut . ODD?

If the door slammed and then the curtains whooshed how did she see the whoosh as the door was shut. Also as she reopened the door the whooshed curtains would be sucked back into the window space wouldn't they, and this isn't mentioned. Not much good at explaining this but somewhere in this tale should have been the curtains being sucked back into the open window.
Hasten to add I don't believe a word of it, just making a point

You made perfect sense to me Nina

Makes perfect sense to me too.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 14:26

Therefore a reconstruction at the crime scene is crucial.
That's why they refused to comply knowing that doing so would be sentencing themselves.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 25.03.13 14:46

@aiyoyo wrote:Therefore a reconstruction at the crime scene is crucial.
That's why they refused to comply knowing that doing so would be sentencing themselves.

thumbup aiyoyo

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.03.13 15:12

Re this curtain sucking laughat the word I was meaning was vacuum.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.03.13 15:29

Not answering questions - refusing to do a reconstruction - Never heard anything like it in my life. Absolutely shocking still to this day for me.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.03.13 16:06

The slamming door and wooshing curtains didn't even figure on location in PdL in the mockumentary. And the footage of the actress impersonating Kate landed on the floor of the editing room ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.03.13 16:52

Châtelaine wrote:The slamming door and wooshing curtains didn't even figure on location in PdL in the mockumentary. And the footage of the actress impersonating Kate landed on the floor of the editing room ...
And she was SWORN TO SILENCE.
Why ?

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.03.13 17:08

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:The slamming door and wooshing curtains didn't even figure on location in PdL in the mockumentary. And the footage of the actress impersonating Kate landed on the floor of the editing room ...
Why ?

Would that be the Official Secrets Act? As signed by the housepainters of Lord Irvine for instance?
Contractors working on the renovations were forced to sign the Official Secrets Act in order to avoid revelations of the expenditure leaking out to the public.
(Wiki)
Because surely that would be the only way to ensure silence?

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 17:14

@PeterMac wrote:
Why ?

Exactly! She was only an actress as well.
What's so important about that scene that she can't talk about it or the retake by Kate?

Maybe when she was play acting that role she saw the impossibility of open shutters and whooshed curtain in that sort circumstances; it dawned on her kate was lying; and therefore has to be gagged to prevent her talking to the journalists after the shoot.

Wonder how they compensate her for that (agreeing to be gagged)?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 25.03.13 17:15

Gerry runs into the children's bedroom, sees the open window and the raised shutters, help Kate's correct, their beloved daughter, Madeleine is indeed missing.
So Gerry takes immediate action. He lowers the shutters, goes outside and tries to raise them from the outside. Why? Why would anyone in their right mind do this?
Maybe it's just me being stupid but wouldn't anyone normal, given that scenario, rush out and start looking?

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 17:18

@tigger wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Why ?

Would that be the Official Secrets Act? As signed by the housepainters of Lord Irvine for instance?
Contractors working on the renovations were forced to sign the Official Secrets Act in order to avoid revelations of the expenditure leaking out to the public.
(Wiki)
Because surely that would be the only way to ensure silence?

But kate is not government official, not at liberty to use the official secrets act.
Wonder whose idea it was to gag the actress? Were there lawyers on set during the shoot?
Is the "sworn to silence" signed pre or post the shoot I wonder?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.03.13 17:19

@tigger wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Why ?

Would that be the Official Secrets Act? As signed by the housepainters of Lord Irvine for instance? . .
No. It was a simple contract term. Breach it and you lose your fee and pay damages.
She obviously saw right through the whole charade, and realised it was totally impossible. Not to say ludicrous.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.03.13 17:25

And never forget that the slamming door and whooshing curtains do not feature in any police statement.
The PJ and SY were and are trying to piece together what happened, trying to find Madeleine, without having this vital piece of evidence !
The only people Kate has told are TV companies and the whole world in the book, but that is not evidence.
For that it needs to be on paper in a Police statement, with the force of the introductory rubric
This statement is true. I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I am liable for prosecution if I have stated in it anything I know to be false, or do not believe to be true.. . Signed .........."
And that she has never done.
And probably never will.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 17:33

@Casey5 wrote:Gerry runs into the children's bedroom, sees the open window and the raised shutters, help Kate's correct, their beloved daughter, Madeleine is indeed missing.
So Gerry takes immediate action. He lowers the shutters, goes outside and tries to raise them from the outside. Why? Why would anyone in their right mind do this?
Maybe it's just me being stupid but wouldn't anyone normal, given that scenario, rush out and start looking?

“The deponent ran into the apartment accompanied by the rest of the group who, at the time, were seated at the table. When he arrived at the bedroom he first noticed that the door was completely open, the window was also open to one side, the shutters almost fully raised, the curtains drawn back, MADELEINE’s bed was empty but the twins continued sleeping in their cots. He clarifies that according to what KATE told him, that was the scenario that she found when she entered the apartment.
Then he closed the shutters, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside. “

That's the most ludicrously stupid thing gerry came up with.
If he found the shutters open, then why did he need to prove to his friends what the abductor had already proven for all to see ie the shutters can be opened from the outside.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 17:37

@PeterMac wrote:And never forget that the slamming door and whooshing curtains do not feature in any police statement.
The PJ and SY were and are trying to piece together what happened, trying to find Madeleine, without having this vital piece of evidence !
The only people Kate has told are TV companies and the whole world in the book, but that is not evidence.
For that it needs to be on paper in a Police statement, with the force of the introductory rubric
This statement is true. I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I am liable for prosecution if I have stated in it anything I know to be false, or do not believe to be true.. . Signed .........."
And that she has never done.
And probably never will.

Can't her bewk be taken as evidence? At least as circumstantial evidence that she didn't tell the police the truth, or failed to cooperate with the Police by withholding that information?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.03.13 17:53

I thought withholding info from Police is perverting the course of justice and a punishable crime. Especially since she's the one with a missing child that she wants the Police (and public) to continue to search for. She of all people should know the importance of providing the Police with every bit of info that she knows.

Why she withheld this crucial bits of info from police yet wrote about it in her bewk for the whole world to read is surely something prosecutor can bring to the Jury. Her bewk is like a a longest written statement signed by her as authoress of the book, though not provided to the Police. Surely it is a written document that can be used for Court purposes if it comes to that.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 25.03.13 18:21

Regarding the direction of the wind on 3.5.2007, from the link PM gave, it says it was a Westerly wind that day and night. As their patio faces south, the wind would have had to have wooshed around a corner !
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Either you tidy up .......... or you don't

Post by suzyjohnson on 25.03.13 22:14

Thanks to the posters on The Slamming Door thread and in particular worriedmum for the pictures of apartment 5A.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_16.jpg

It has always been my assumption that, if the parents were involved, that GM found Madeleine on his 9.05pm check and acted on impulse. However, two things I have seen are making me rethink this. The first is that I read that a body must have been in a place for at least 2 hours before a dog can detect that it has been there? If that is true then that would mean that, if MM had died in the apartment, then it must have happened at some point prior to 8pm on May 3rd? (I know some posters on here believe that something happened to MM before May 3rd but I can only sort through the information bit by bit in my own way)

The second thing I was thinking about today are the photographs worried mum posted on page 1 of The Slamming Door, where the curtains are neat behind the bed and the chair, but the bed, which KM says she slept in on Wed night, is unmade.

1) Is it likely that KM discovered her daughter missing at 10pm and then tidied the curtains neatly behind the bed and the chair before raising the alarm? No.

2) Is it likely that anyone else arrived at the apartment and decided to straighten the curtains? Well, in the unlikely event that they did, I haven't read it in any of the interviews. (And if they had felt compelled to do this why didn't they straighten the bedcovers as well?)

3) Is it likely that KM or GM straightened them in the interval between finding MM missing and the arrival of the police? No.

4) Is it likely that KM and GM left three children to sleep in a room facing a carpark with the curtains open? Well, probably not (but perhaps the shutters blocked out most of the light?) they did say the curtains had been closed.

5) The way the scene looks to me in those photographs is as though the curtains had never been closed that evening. Because the curtains are straightened and MM's bed looks neat, it looks as though either
a) for some reason KM was tidying the room in the morning and never got around to making the bed she slept in. Or
b) IMO most likely, that the children had turned the spare bed upside down at some point earlier on May 3rd, and that something happened which meant that KM or GM never got around to closing the curtains ready for bed time that evening.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.03.13 22:22

@Woofer wrote:Regarding the direction of the wind on 3.5.2007, from the link PM gave, it says it was a Westerly wind that day and night. As their patio faces south, the wind would have had to have wooshed around a corner !
You surely don't expect it to make sense ? laughat

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 25.03.13 23:49

@PeterMac wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Regarding the direction of the wind on 3.5.2007, from the link PM gave, it says it was a Westerly wind that day and night. As their patio faces south, the wind would have had to have wooshed around a corner !
You surely don't expect it to make sense ?

Nah, s`pose not.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 26.03.13 6:36

Shouldn't this go in the Door Slamming topic? winkwink

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.03.13 9:19

@tigger wrote:Shouldn't this go in the Door Slamming topic?

Have merged the two topics tigger

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 26.03.13 9:50

I believe that we cant really believe anythingwe are told about the rythme of said night and how it really was conducted,just a good ruse to keep as many talking about stuff that never occured and making problems in other fieds of the subject,rather a clever ploy . joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 26.03.13 9:53

yes indeed, joyce. a clever ploy indeed, dont pay attention there, pay attention over here.....

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 26.03.13 13:12

@suzyjohnson wrote:Thanks to the posters on The Slamming Door thread and in particular worriedmum for the pictures of apartment 5A.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_16.jpg

It has always been my assumption that, if the parents were involved, that GM found Madeleine on his 9.05pm check and acted on impulse. However, two things I have seen are making me rethink this. The first is that I read that a body must have been in a place for at least 2 hours before a dog can detect that it has been there? If that is true then that would mean that, if MM had died in the apartment, then it must have happened at some point prior to 8pm on May 3rd? (I know some posters on here believe that something happened to MM before May 3rd but I can only sort through the information bit by bit in my own way)

The second thing I was thinking about today are the photographs worried mum posted on page 1 of The Slamming Door, where the curtains are neat behind the bed and the chair, but the bed, which KM says she slept in on Wed night, is unmade.

1) Is it likely that KM discovered her daughter missing at 10pm and then tidied the curtains neatly behind the bed and the chair before raising the alarm? No.

2) Is it likely that anyone else arrived at the apartment and decided to straighten the curtains? Well, in the unlikely event that they did, I haven't read it in any of the interviews. (And if they had felt compelled to do this why didn't they straighten the bedcovers as well?)

3) Is it likely that KM or GM straightened them in the interval between finding MM missing and the arrival of the police? No.

4) Is it likely that KM and GM left three children to sleep in a room facing a carpark with the curtains open? Well, probably not (but perhaps the shutters blocked out most of the light?) they did say the curtains had been closed.

5) The way the scene looks to me in those photographs is as though the curtains had never been closed that evening. Because the curtains are straightened and MM's bed looks neat, it looks as though either
a) for some reason KM was tidying the room in the morning and never got around to making the bed she slept in. Or
b) IMO most likely, that the children had turned the spare bed upside down at some point earlier on May 3rd, and that something happened which meant that KM or GM never got around to closing the curtains ready for bed time that evening.

I would also like to thank all the contributors to this thread and glad after much procrastination started it :)
It just shows we aren't 'haters' just people who can see through obvious untruths.

If this thread has made you rethink suzyjohnson, carry on reading - there are many, many more to be found thumbsup

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum