The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Are we wasting our time?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Are we wasting our time?

Post by T4two on 22.03.13 23:30

Ask yourself where the McCanns would be today if nobody had openly questioned their behaviour since 3 May 2007. Ask yourself what the McCanns would be doing if there were no fora such as this one where members can freely discuss aspects of the case and follow the McCanns' and their team's efforts to silence their critics and those who dare to question their version of the truth. Read the McCannfiles which is one of a couple of factual sites on the case which grew out of the initial discussions on the DM site and those that followed. Ask yourself why the McCanns want this and all other fora, blogs and sites closed down. Is it because we are wasting our time?
T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 22.03.13 23:47

T4two

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.03.13 23:58

I am very worried about the after-effects of the Leveson inquiry and
cannot escape the feeling that it was actually all about controlling the
internet, be it blogs, fora, facebook or twitter - but especially fora.
There was and is no need to install new laws and restrictions to
control the press. Whenever they [seemed to] get too far, there was
redress by existing law and compensation - sometimes generously - for
suspected / proven wrongdoings. However, the www is literally up in the
air. The "glitch" in an overnight pulled trough agreement about something so terribly important as free speech is highly suspect. I said it before and I'll say it again: IMO it is not a
coincidence that a former Head of the Media Monitoring Unit got involved... I've been smelling a rat in this case since the beginning and they're multiplying. All IMO, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 0:07

Châtelaine wrote:I am very worried about the after-effects of the Leveson inquiry and
cannot escape the feeling that it was actually all about controlling the
internet, be it blogs, fora, facebook or twitter - but especially fora.
There was and is no need to install new laws and restrictions to
control the press. Whenever they [seemed to] get too far, there was
redress by existing law and compensation - sometimes generously - for
suspected / proven wrongdoings. However, the www is literally up in the
air. The "glitch" in an overnight pulled trough agreement about something so terribly important as free speech is highly suspect. I said it before and I'll say it again: IMO it is not a
coincidence that a former Head of the Media Monitoring Unit got involved... I've been smelling a rat in this case since the beginning and they're multiplying. All IMO, of course.

It seems 'hacked off' were getting such bad press, they are calling for an ammendment already, to exclude bloggers. See my latest post in Press regulation thread in this section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolamanola on 23.03.13 0:31

I concede, we are not, in anyway wasting our time. I feel silly that I even asked that question. I was just feeling demoralised when I put forward that question. I must admit though, I did not realise that being on this site, I would feel like I was in a Court of Law. Russiandoll queried my initial post, I did try to answer this, but have he no response from her, to be honest, I did not like her tone. I am not here to argue. I am here for justice for a little girl. Guess what! I go to Portugal, a lot on holiday, but guess what, I can't speak Portuguese, too lazy, too whatever, I do not appreciate being pulled up over my Portuguese. I think it's Obrigado (to say thanks to a man) and Obridaga thanks to lady). Anyhow, what's that to so with the price of fish. I am gutted, I thought this sight was for like minded people. I guess it is, I quite like you all. I just feel a little beware All this stuff, seems like me me me. I want to discuss, talk about the disappearance of A child. Why am I being pulled up on inconsequential. Have we nothing better to do?

Lolamanola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 0:48

@Lolamanola wrote:I concede, we are not, in anyway wasting our time. I feel silly that I even asked that question. I was just feeling demoralised when I put forward that question. I must admit though, I did not realise that being on this site, I would feel like I was in a Court of Law. Russiandoll queried my initial post, I did try to answer this, but have he no response from her, to be honest, I did not like her tone. I am not here to argue. I am here for justice for a little girl. Guess what! I go to Portugal, a lot on holiday, but guess what, I can't speak Portuguese, too lazy, too whatever, I do not appreciate being pulled up over my Portuguese. I think it's Obrigado (to say thanks to a man) and Obridaga thanks to lady). Anyhow, what's that to so with the price of fish. I am gutted, I thought this sight was for like minded people. I guess it is, I quite like you all. I just feel a little All this stuff, seems like me me me. I want to discuss, talk about the disappearance of A child. Why am I being pulled up on inconsequential. Have we nothing better to do?
I think Lolomanola that YOU might be wasting your time here.
You see, I am a new member here also, but then I think by now I am able to recognise those who are genuinely here to seek the truth about this mystery, whilst others seem to come on here ready to pick an argument at the drop of a hat.
So, you are demoralised, you feel like you're in a law court, you didn't like someone's tone, you feel you are being pulled up over trivia, and you feel gutted. Any other complaints?
You say you are here for justice for a little girl.
If so, stop wasting your time on this thread and go over to the debate section - learn from what is being discussed there, and join in.

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 23.03.13 7:35

Well said MJC.

And welcome btw welcome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 7:54

Welcome MJC

Agree with your comments word for word.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.03.13 8:04

Welcome MJC,

Your post has made my breakfast taste much nicer.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 23.03.13 8:16

Lolamanola - Stay around please. I can see why you feel as you do. But RD was probably just questioning your link to the Philpotts because it did seem a bit extreme and we don`t want this site made vulnerable to being sued. Anyway, you did answer RD adequately. We obviously get all different sorts of personalities with their different `tones`, some rude, some polite.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 23.03.13 8:22

Welcome Lolamanola and MJC

It is disheartening to witness how much the McCanns have gotten away with, but that's all the more reason to keep bringing it to the forefront. They would have it made in the shade if we threw up our hands in despair and gave up. That would leave only their dodgy version of events at the forefront.

Justice for Madeleine may come out of the blue in a way we never expected... certainly I believe there is a strong possibility of this happening. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kate's odd statements in her book, were to preempt something they fear coming out down the road that throws their story into chaos.

Hang in there Lolamanola, and keep the faith!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.03.13 14:44

Hello and welcome Lolamanola. I have not been around much the past few days because 3 members of my close family are ill, 2 seriously. I am sorry if I offended you by my tone......but it is easy on here to misread a tone as no one is actually speaking.
As another member posted, I was not being critical of you, but when anyone comes on here with such a dramatic statement that the McCanns are like the Philpotts, I think it is fair to ask for a longer explanation. Now I have had the time to come onto the forum and have read what you said I understand you better and thank you for posting a reply to my question.

You are not wasting your time here at all and you should stay around. Please understand that I am polite, I might have typed my question to you about your comment on Philpott/McCanns at a time when I had stuff on my mind. It was never my intention to be critical of your post, I just wanted you to elaborate on why the cases are similar in your opinion.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 15:33

I must be out of touch with groups and inner circles.
But to my knowlegde if you ar a newbie, you first test the waters, copy the ways of the old hands postings and then shyly hesitantly follow them and make some, perhaps valid contributions.
Obviously the tide has turned, manners have gone down the drain and reading back through the last couple of pages I am appalled at these brutally rudely stepping in and start new topic after new topic.
All derailing within days with newbie nr umpteen moaning about unfair responses, not the right tone and more.
I hate whining in general and I do so now.
If anyone wants to be in the centre of admiration and attention, well do something to deserve it.
Standing on a soapbox in our forum and shouting from the rooftops that people are not nice to you, gets this forum off track.
Discussions on this forum should be about finding out what happened to Madeleine mcCann to Ben Needham and all those lost or abused others.
Facebook is a good site to get all the "friends" and likes you, whomever you may be, need.

Admin, candyfloss please delete if too rude please.

Kindest regards

parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by jowie on 23.03.13 15:53

Parapono you are absolutely spot on. yes

jowie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 15:59

parapono wrote:I must be out of touch with groups and inner circles.
But to my knowlegde if you ar a newbie, you first test the waters, copy the ways of the old hands postings and then shyly hesitantly follow them and make some, perhaps valid contributions.
Obviously the tide has turned, manners have gone down the drain and reading back through the last couple of pages I am appalled at these brutally rudely stepping in and start new topic after new topic.
All derailing within days with newbie nr umpteen moaning about unfair responses, not the right tone and more.
I hate whining in general and I do so now.
If anyone wants to be in the centre of admiration and attention, well do something to deserve it.
Standing on a soapbox in our forum and shouting from the rooftops that people are not nice to you, gets this forum off track.
Discussions on this forum should be about finding out what happened to Madeleine mcCann to Ben Needham and all those lost or abused others.
Facebook is a good site to get all the "friends" and likes you, whomever you may be, need.

Admin, candyfloss please delete if too rude please.

Kindest regards

parapono

No, not rude parapono, you are mainly right in what you say, although people are different. I remember joining a forum years ago, and didn't post for ages because somehow I wanted to get the feel of it, but then having got into it, I then joined another forum and had the courage then to post immediately. What we should also remember is that people join after maybe reading here for a very long time, and so feel they have already got to know the posters.

I have said this before, please, if anyone has a problem then please use the pm system to communicate with the mods or admin and not disrupt the forum with arguments. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 23.03.13 17:28

I agree with that candyfloss - all this name calling shows up the forum in a bad light.

If you think someone is a troll send a pm to the moderators. Remember also, that a number of people on here don't have English as their first language and might find it difficult to express themselves clearly.
Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.03.13 18:01

I've just re-read through this topic created by Lolamanola. I don't see anyone saying 'troll' or being rude. In fact I see a healthy input from members to answer Lola's topic question.

I can find absolutely nothing rude in Russiandoll's polite post asking for more information (btw Russiandoll I hope those around you who are ill make a full recovery).

I find nothing wrong in Chateleine's post correcting a language issue, just as I can find no reason to assume Lolamanola has a problem communicating in English given her initial post.

So here's my message to Lolamanola, and it's a nice one so have no fear. This forum is welcoming you as is evidenced by the healthy participation of members who replied enthusiastically to your question. Keep going, engage in the many discussions, drop the suspicion, don't expect immediate response to a post (it's not a chatroom) and above everything give your all to find justice for Madeleine McCann.

Best wishes

aquila
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolamanola on 23.03.13 20:33

I would like to apologise to all for any upset I have caused. My initial post was very harsh. At the time of posting it I felt very frustrated and angry as I had just seen Cameron on the TV from the Houses of Parliment spouting his poor McCanns rant. I am quite gentle really, passionate injustice got me ranting. Thanks Russiandoll for your reply and I sincerely wish your relatives get better soon as. I am gutted that I have come across to some as a bit of an idiot. My own fault entirely. Hopefully I can redeem myself in future.

Lolamanola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.03.13 21:15

@Lolamanola wrote:I would like to apologise to all for any upset I have caused. My initial post was very harsh. At the time of posting it I felt very frustrated and angry as I had just seen Cameron on the TV from the Houses of Parliment spouting his poor McCanns rant. I am quite gentle really, passionate injustice got me ranting. Thanks Russiandoll for your reply and I sincerely wish your relatives get better soon as. I am gutted that I have come across to some as a bit of an idiot. My own fault entirely. Hopefully I can redeem myself in future.
Dear Lolamanola,

if all of us did not act like fools once in a while, life would not be worth living!
We would all be Greek Gods needling them humans from our Olympus mountain high above.
So welcome to this loving forum.

parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 24.03.13 6:48

To understand what really happened in 2007, I feel one should look at the whole picture. If the mother of her lost child is not furnishing us with anything that brings her to life for us ( just a happy little girl - please look for her, she's lovely etc) I want to look much further back.
How out of character is this behaviour?
If a doctor tells us that it wouldn't be their fault if she had an accident when left alone, perhaps nothing has ever been his fault?
On that score, we know very little. No student friends have spoken about them either for or against, no family anecdotes have been aired in order to bring the family and particularly Maddie to life. We don't know what she liked to eat, we have learnt that she like the Harry Potter books, that she liked a somewhat sleazy girl band's music and had temporal awareness many years in advance of her age. In short, the few personal traits and tastes of little Maddie seem to be those of a ten to twelve year old. Add to that some of the disputable photographs and I don't see just a happy little girl. I see a very insecure one.

We also have few photographs one would expect of mother and child, possibly having fun or the child sitting on the mother's lap. Few informal photographs of the three as a family.
Although the word 'family' is scattered around like confetti in every interview, the twins were back in the creche almost immediately, not with trusted family members. The family day mentioned in the blog is always a Saturday, the day the creche is closed. Carrying the twins seems to have been a chore, strange for two people so proud of their fitness. I've also seen shopping carried with more care than the twins.

People lie and continue to do so because they got away with it in the past. So one would have to go back some thirty years from 2007 to see a 'pattern'.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolamanola on 25.03.13 0:46

Hi tigger, just got back from Broomfield Hospital, Brother in Law in bad way. Hubby gone to bed. Just trying to unwind (strange way, I know). Each to his own, I can unwind by reading or doing something constructive, like reading about my undying need to find out what happened to Maddie. I've just read your post and I wholeheartedly agree with your thinking, just wanted to let u know. Night.

Lolamanola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum