The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

If there is ONE last photo.........................

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by sammyc on 28.02.13 22:23

@ InspectorFrost quote

' Did it ever cross your mind that some people might start such things to deflect people from scrutinising other things'.

Reminds me of the Tapas 9.
sammyc

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 28.02.13 23:12

• Below I re-paste some info on flowering.
  • I will go back and find the meteorological charts for the time, tomorrow.
  • The dates at the time on the Vila do oura were for 2007, but here May 2011 and 2012 show the important fact that the bougainvillea comes out after a prolonged stay of high 20's to 30's degrees for some days as shown on May 16th.
  • In PdL in April there had been some sun, in 2007 but not much above 20, 23, degrees and with the photo of Maddie by the tree, the bougainvillea is not in flower. The two pictures of the police searches 3/4 May 2007 show garden at 5A with no bougainvillea heavy flowering to match the pool photo.
  • Call it an obsession inspectorfrost and you look like professorplum with the same criticism on page 92.
  • Perhaps you are brothers and perhaps looking more carefully at the facts you will see that obsession pays off with results that confirm statements that it had not been hot enough in 2007 for the flowers to be in vibrant bloom and the photo is therefore incorrect.

• Page 92 of the thread

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

bobbin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Didn't "we" agree already 5 years ago, that this whole sad saga is a play of smoke and mirrors ... ?

As
for the bougainvillea: it IS possible it blooms at that time on one
site and not on another, depending on age of the shrub and it' s
positioning. I'd love to hear the experienced opinion of an Algarve
poster, as I can only tell you what it is on the Mediterranean ...

Chatelaine,
go back through my posts on this thread. I don't have the time to go
back and look but I posted the link to a diary kept by a hotel just a
short distance from PdL. It gave a daily reference to weather,
temperature, how the plants were developing etc. I also gave a link to
the official records of weather for the area of PdL and it was without
question, evident throughout the references given that the weather had
been such that the bougainvillea COULD NOT have been in full flower, by
the pool, on May 3rd, 2007.

Editing to add, I've just looked for the references:-

http://www.vila-do-ouro.com/blog/?m=5&y=2012

http://www.vivendamiranda.com/uk/weatherlog

Just to remind, bougainvillea needs some 5 consecutive days of temps around late 20's to 30 degrees to come into full flowering.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

where is the flower?

Post by JudeS on 28.02.13 23:33

Excuse me, but where is the bouganvillea in full flower behind the pic of Madeleine on the first page of this thread? Isn't that the pic being discussed?

Regarding the image on page 1 above, it was presumably photographed from a video capture. The reproduction is never as good as the original, as there will be smudges where there should be colours etc. Pixels will be distorted during the conversion.

I am not sure this thread is helpful at all, just a distraction from current events.

JudeS

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 28.02.13 23:40

@JudeS wrote:Excuse me, but where is the bouganvillea in full flower behind the pic of Madeleine on the first page of this thread? Isn't that the pic being discussed?

Regarding the image on page 1 above, it was presumably photographed from a video capture. The reproduction is never as good as the original, as there will be smudges where there should be colours etc. Pixels will be distorted during the conversion.

I am not sure this thread is helpful at all, just a distraction from current events.
welcome JudeS, I take it you are a new member.
Please look at all the threads for the last photo, the pool photo, the current one, the one I have referred to above, including page 92 and also look in the McCannPJFiles and the Missing Madeleine sites for background to this discussion.
It will take you a long time but is very informative. C.Edwards has recently posted the full picture for the last photo on the MM site, that has the bougainvillea in full bloom.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.03.13 0:11

C Edwards is a con artist, so is a certain Professor...one of the same...Talking of trolls, this film has always been one of my favourites...nice film...Interesting it has Kathy Bates starring...mmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Out of interest

Post by JudeS on 01.03.13 2:40

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything cuz I don't have a clue about this sort of thing...... but

I fed a copy of the last photo into a forensics program and it showed no anomalies or changes. All the elements are present and in are presented in a uniform pattern.

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=7f92c7d3d1ec325809b4507b641e6499810a17fa.72543

In this example, anything added (the dinosaur) will be a lighter shade than the rest

http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php

I’m no expert but what do others think?

Regarding the flowers, the wall would offer a lot of protection against the wind, which would be a factor to flowering early or earlier than other places.

JudeS

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.03.13 6:26

@JudeS wrote:I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything cuz I don't have a clue about this sort of thing...... but

I fed a copy of the last photo into a forensics program and it showed no anomalies or changes. All the elements are present and in are presented in a uniform pattern.

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=7f92c7d3d1ec325809b4507b641e6499810a17fa.72543

In this example, anything added (the dinosaur) will be a lighter shade than the rest

http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php

I’m no expert but what do others think?

Regarding the flowers, the wall would offer a lot of protection against the wind, which would be a factor to flowering early or earlier than other places.

We've been through all this before, it's quite possible that different 'versions' of this picture were published. Also quite likely that - since these forums are monitored by TM - that someone had the bright idea to print a high resolution of the photoshopped picture and take a photograph of that.
No different compression areas will show up.

I've also seen versions of this photograph over a year ago, which had been run through a forensic programme and showed up masses of inconsistencies.

I don't know why the flowers are that important as a burden of proof. Imo it's very clearly Amelie's right arm and Maddie's neck that show up the photoshopping. The shadows are wrong as well. Then the small black line behind Amelie's hand has no business being there.
Another give-away is always the non-participation, there is no interaction with either Gerry or with the photographer by either child.
The only one looking where he should is Gerry.
It's quite possible that this photograph was taken around the 20th of May of either Gerry alone or Gerry and a 2.5 - 3 yr old in a pink dress.
That would explain the hot weather and the flowers.
Pasting in Amelie and Maddie's head would be relatively simple but like all the other photoshopped pictures from TM - the person who did it can't have been a professional.

Initially I thought that the picture was taken a lot earlier for Maddie's age to fit. But I overlooked the Donegal pictures, where the girls siting next to Sean is almost the same size as Sean - Maddie's head is clearly pasted on there and she is the only one not looking at the photographer.
Also add to that that Maddie's height was given as 90 cm. which is not confirmed by other photographs where she is certainly taller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.03.13 10:09

Look at Gerry's index finger.
The section of finger between the two joints is concave where it should be straight and if you zoom in you can see the pattern of pixels is different along that edge - he was holding something that's been photoshopped out.
Maybe it was his sunglasses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.03.13 10:29

I have never been happy that he was actually sitting on the edge of the pool. There is no thickening/spread of his thigh on the ledge, he just looks like he is floating, also no shadow from his legs or hand on the pool side.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.03.13 10:48

@Inspectorfrost wrote:Tigger you are entitled to your opinion but Ive seen no hard evidence that it is a fake, no one innearly six years has been able to prove this or show solid evidence of fakery

You would, eg have to prove Bougainvilla shrubs do NOT flower in the first week of May in Portugal, thats for starters if you want to convince theres fakery here when photo professionals have said there isnt

Why would they lie? I have read CEs posts and they are nothingbut factual and no agenda JMHO!

Eta

Did it ever cross your mind that some people might start such things to deflect people from scrutinising other things

Indeed it has, as has the 'technique' of pointing out the one weak spot in an otherwise strong argument - e.g. focussing ONLY on the Bougainvillia which is of minor importance. Other points are glaringly obvious paste jobs - these don't go away despite the best efforts of some to sustain a discussion on gardening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.03.13 11:57

There are a couple things, which nag me regarding the “last photo”, the most important ones being that it was NOT on the McCs’ camera [when on and about May 5 Woolfall downloaded pictures from it looking for a photo, which would show Madeleine’s face in a most recent & recognisable fashion] AND that it was published only weeks later & after GM had been
back to the U.K.

I find it also difficult to believe that a young girl like Madeleine would have accepted that she wasn’t allowed to wear her new fashionable GAP/Monsoon combination until 5 days after arriving in the holiday resort.

Hence, in theory, it could be possible that the last photo was taken mid May, which would explain the flowering bougainvillea, whereas Madeleine’s image dates from the earlier holiday days ... IF, I say IF, we’re looking at a photoshopjob, replacing Sean by Madeleine wouldn’t have been too difficult IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.03.13 13:10

RE: Amelie's t-shirt and missing arm.
As you can see a sliver of her arm but it isn't filling out the t-shirt sleeve as it should, so it looks like the t-shirt might have been pasted on to cover up what she was really wearing.
Now it may be that she was wearing a swimming costume but what if (and this is pure speculation on my part so is very probably incorrect) she was wearing Madeleine's dress?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.03.13 15:50

Poe wrote:RE: Amelie's t-shirt and missing arm.
As you can see a sliver of her arm but it isn't filling out the t-shirt sleeve as it should, so it looks like the t-shirt might have been pasted on to cover up what she was really wearing.
Now it may be that she was wearing a swimming costume but what if (and this is pure speculation on my part so is very probably incorrect) she was wearing Madeleine's dress?

Errrrm. No! spit coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelly6969 on 01.03.13 18:34

Nelly6969

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 01.03.13 19:35

@sammyc wrote:@ InspectorFrost quote

' Did it ever cross your mind that some people might start such things to deflect people from scrutinising other things'.

Reminds me of the Tapas 9.

what does? Was it one of them that started the first ever thread about fhe last photo being fake?

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 01.03.13 19:42

@jd wrote:C Edwards is a con artist, so is a certain Professor...one of the same...Talking of trolls, this film has always been one of my favourites...nice film...Interesting it has Kathy Bates starring...mmmmmm

C Edwards is a con artist? i suppose you can provide proof of this? nice, calling people trolls because they dont agree with you, veiled reference acknowledged too thanks

@ Bobbin, I will go read the original thread, and no, I am not a brother to anyone else, last time I looked I was female, there is nothing wrong in not being convinced that the pool photo is fake, I was saying nothing much make a huge red flag, the photoshoppers must have beenVERY stupid if they thought they would get away with it with all these so called proofs it is a fake, lets just agree to disagree, and yes nowt wrong with obsession, i never said there was

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 01.03.13 19:58

@tigger wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:Tigger you are entitled to your opinion but Ive seen no hard evidence that it is a fake, no one innearly six years has been able to prove this or show solid evidence of fakery

You would, eg have to prove Bougainvilla shrubs do NOT flower in the first week of May in Portugal, thats for starters if you want to convince theres fakery here when photo professionals have said there isnt

Why would they lie? I have read CEs posts and they are nothingbut factual and no agenda JMHO!

Eta

Did it ever cross your mind that some people might start such things to deflect people from scrutinising other things

Indeed it has, as has the 'technique' of pointing out the one weak spot in an otherwise strong argument - e.g. focussing ONLY on the Bougainvillia which is of minor importance. Other points are glaringly obvious paste jobs - these don't go away despite the best efforts of some to sustain a discussion on gardening.

Take your accusations or insinuations elsewhere Tigger. i dont have any so called technique or mission to focus on gardening to stop discussion of so called evidence of fakery aka glaringly obvious evidence of photoshopping. if it was that obvious it woukd have become a fact, as yet it hasnt. I am no photo expert, others are, so I tend to listen to them, and much goes over my head. A simple issue such as when do flowers bloom and in what circumstances is something I can deal with if thats OK. You carry on thinking arms are missing, heads have been chopped off other photos and replaced etc, its your prerogative. I cant keep up. Donegal photos are false, but theyve been used too to falsify PDL photos, taken in 2006 withno evidence, childrens bodies are not as tall or big as you think they should be etc

Scuse me if I take my leave of this thread and the accusations of troll, derailer etc, seems its ok for newer posters to have this levelled against them from older posters even if not true and somehow it makes it true, its quote tedious and I have ignored many such accusations, its totally unfair and not constructive when we are on the same side,IE knowing the mccanns are liars, you know not EVERYTHING the mccanns have said or done is a lie

Its Ok to have theories and ideas but never Ok to pass them off as fact, jd has a penchant for asserting as fact that x y z photo of Maddie is NOT the same child, without evidence, I dont see whyI I should accept assertions from any poster as a fact,now I hope you and others will cease calling me a troll because I dont agree and just agree to disagree

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 01.03.13 20:06

Châtelaine wrote:There are a couple things, which nag me regarding the “last photo”, the most important ones being that it was NOT on the McCs’ camera [when on and about May 5 Woolfall downloaded pictures from it looking for a photo, which would show Madeleine’s face in a most recent & recognisable fashion] AND that it was published only weeks later & after GM had been
back to the U.K.

I find it also difficult to believe that a young girl like Madeleine would have accepted that she wasn’t allowed to wear her new fashionable GAP/Monsoon combination until 5 days after arriving in the holiday resort.

Hence, in theory, it could be possible that the last photo was taken mid May, which would explain the flowering bougainvillea, whereas Madeleine’s image dates from the earlier holiday days ... IF, I say IF, we’re looking at a photoshopjob, replacing Sean by Madeleine wouldn’t have been too difficult IMO.

The three week delay is very odd, it could be for potoshopping it could be nothing but irreaponsibility, but I dont find it odd that a three yr old wouldnt have say in what clothes to wear, nothing to say her mother didnt buy it without her knowledge anyway, girls of a much older age are picky, a three yr old wears what they parents pick out for them

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.03.13 20:09

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@jd wrote:C Edwards is a con artist, so is a certain Professor...one of the same...Talking of trolls, this film has always been one of my favourites...nice film...Interesting it has Kathy Bates starring...mmmmmm

C Edwards is a con artist? i suppose you can provide proof of this? nice, calling people trolls because they dont agree with you, veiled reference acknowledged too thanks laughat

Don't go worrying yourself inspector frost ...has nothing to do with you & has zero to do with not agreeing with me either....me and the troll C edwards have a long history here and on other forums, who also know what he really is

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper on 01.03.13 20:46

Have no problem with alternative views on this topic,surely a view that is not what you think can only be good to counteract with your own view,my own view is...i dont know,so not the best reply-although i have many doubts the picture,shopped or not was taken on the 3rd of may 2007
Would SY be able to deconstruct the last or any other photo?...maybe they peek here & get their ideas
saltnpepper

Back to top Go down

Yes SaltnPepper

Post by JudeS on 01.03.13 20:56

The Portuguese Police and SY would know exactly the date and time of the last picture, so there would be no point in lying. Every digital photo has metadata, some of it is hidden and some of it can only be interpreted by professionals, such as the Police.

In any case, the last picture was excluded to begin with, because it is not a full on facial image.

JudeS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.03.13 21:01

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:There are a couple things, which nag me regarding the “last photo”, the most important ones being that it was NOT on the McCs’ camera [when on and about May 5 Woolfall downloaded pictures from it looking for a photo, which would show Madeleine’s face in a most recent & recognisable fashion] AND that it was published only weeks later & after GM had been
back to the U.K.

The three week delay is very odd, it could be for potoshopping it could be nothing but irreaponsibility, but I dont find it odd that a three yr old wouldnt have say in what clothes to wear, nothing to say her mother didnt buy it without her knowledge anyway, girls of a much older age are picky, a three yr old wears what they parents pick out for them
We're talking a 4-year-old here less a couple of days. I distinctly remember being that age and being very particular about clothing. Especially if I knew that something new had been bought already ;-) There wouldn't have been one day in between purchase and wearing. And I'm talking early 50's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 01.03.13 21:20

thats OK chatelaine, a subjective personal subject, thanks

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.03.13 21:26

@JudeS wrote:[...]
In any case, the last picture was excluded to begin with, because it is not a full on facial image.
Excuse me? You're losing me. Not a full, recognisable image? Of her face? Then and there?
Not as good as a year-old one?

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.03.13 21:29

Châtelaine wrote:
We're talking a 4-year-old here less a couple of days. I distinctly remember being that age and being very particular about clothing. Especially if I knew that something new had been bought already ;-) There wouldn't have been one day in between purchase and wearing. And I'm talking early 50's here

On this day May 3rd 2007, Maddie went sailing in the morning and in the afternoon went swimming (bit ironic this photo is taken by the pool)....so with this photo Maddie had 3 changes of clothes this one day...morning sail at the beach, lunch with the pink dress, afternoon swimming. If this photo was taken at 14.29pm then at the most there is only 15 mins to go and get Maddie changed again for the swim (I doubt she would be swimming in that pink dress). Sean and Amelie were also signed in at the same time 14.45pm and they would need to be changed too for their activities. In this poolside photo Maddie does not look in the slightest she has been out at sea practising sailing all morning

This photo does not appear on the list of photos given to the PJ...It just appeared from nowhere in the papers on May 24th 2007...Coincidently straight after gerry mccann had been back to the UK. If you really want to find your missing child then why not release the very latest photo of her immediately so the public know who to look for? At that time the public had no idea what Maddie looked like so any real parent would release the very latest photo of her. You do not wait 3 weeks and instead release a photo of your child that is a year old and where she has changed....How is this going to help the public look for your child

cat baker...
"On Thursday the 3rd of May 2007, I remember Gerry dropping Madeleine off at the club between 9.15 and 9.20 a.m. I don’t remember who picked her up for lunch that day, but in the afternoon she returned for a swim. We carried out activities with other children. On that day, we practiced sailing and I remember meeting friends of Madeleine’s parents on the beach, David and Jane. At around 2.45 p.m., Madeleine returned to the Minis Club above the reception, but I don’t remember who brought her. On that afternoon, we went swimming. Kate picked up Madeleine in the Tapas Bar area, and as far as I remember, she was wearing sports clothes at that time and I deducted that she had been jogging. It was around 3.35 – 6 p.m.”

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum