The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Mm11

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Mm11

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Regist10

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Post by russiandoll 26.02.13 15:52

Shubob : "I have long been of the opinion the woman is not of sound mind. Far from it."

I could not agree more. Kate seems to have created an alternate reality, doesn't she?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Post by PeterMac 26.02.13 16:15

russiandoll wrote:Shubob : "I have long been of the opinion the woman is not of sound mind. Far from it."
I could not agree more. Kate seems to have created an alternate reality, doesn't she?
A hell of her own making, perhaps.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafylane 26.02.13 17:13

russiandoll wrote:From Leafylane :

How differently we see thing Inspector F. I don't find it at all strange
that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already
in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress
when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be
found at any minute and returned?
They had no way of knowing at the
time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.

re the above in bold : you can't be serious? JT told the group that with hindsight, the child she saw being carried away by a strange man could have been Maddie and hopes were high that she would be found and returned?

You see things in a very illogical way I am afraid LL.

I don't think it's illogical to think she may have been found dumped along the road somewhere, or that the person(s) who took may have been seen and caught with her - it's certainly not impossible anyway.

It's easy to criticise other people's actions when you have the benefit and 20-20 vision of hindsight and are sitting comfortably relaxed at home. The McCanns and their friends had just been hurled into the worst of all nightmares - and were having to make decisions there and then, in an atmosphere of increasing anxiety and panic and in a situation which none of them had ever experienced before.

Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight they may have thought they could have done things differently - who knows? The fact that they were in a foreign country where they didn't speak the language and had no idea of how the police dealt with missing children as opposed to in their own country made matters a lot more difficult for them IMO.
Leafylane

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 26.02.13 17:23

tigger wrote:I presume it gets light at least around 6.00 a.m. in PdL. (please correct)
Whilst they were jumping into ditches etc. they must have had the mobiles glued to their ears?
Here's the list:

6.02.08 am Mum mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.04.11 am Kate calls Mum mob (0 seconds) SMS
6.05.29 am Kate calls Amanda home (7.02 minutes)
6.08.17 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS

6.18.17 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS
6.34.53 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.35.23 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
6.39.38 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS
6.47.42 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.47.54 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.48.05 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.59.12 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.59.44 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS

07.00 am GNR Officer P. J. F. N. saw the McCann couple alone in the street next to the site where they were stationed.

7.06.06 am Sue and Brian Healy call Gerry (01 seconds) SMS
7.09.04 am John McCann calls Gerry (3.26 minutes)
7.15.19 am Gerry calls Angela Morado UK Consulate (4.51 minutes)
7.23.20 am … calls Gerry (5.53 minutes)
7.41.14 am Jill mob calls Kate (3.30 minutes)
7.44.48 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
7.46.36 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
7.48.12 am … calls Kate (373 seconds)
7.51.14 am … calls Kate (1.26 minutes)
8.06.14 am mum mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.07.52 am Kate calls mum mob (0 seconds) SMS
8.11.35 am Jill mob calls Kate (1.56 minutes)
8.21.21 am Jill mob calls Kate (153 seconds)
8.27.26 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.28.30 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
8.29.56 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.31.00 am Kate calls Michelle mob (3 seconds)
8.31.21 am Jill mob calls Kate (2.33 minutes)
8.34.09 am Kate calls … (32 seconds)
8.34.19 am Kate calls Jon Corner (61 seconds)
8.34.59 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.35.15 am Gerry calls Angela Morado, UK consulate (1.43 minutes)
8.35.21 am Kate calls voicemail (20 seconds)
8.36.03 am Kate calls voicemail (37 seconds)

8.45.20 am Kate calls … (136 seconds)
8.50.27 am Gerry calls Angela Morado, UK consulate (4.47 minutes)
8.51.42 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
8.52.41 am Kate calls Jon Corner (73 seconds)
8.56.15 am Kate calls Nuala (47 seconds)
8.57.17 am Jill mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.01.55 am … calls Gerry (1.46 minutes)
9.04.16 am … calls Gerry (1.28 minutes)
9.05.38 am anonymous number calls Gerry (2.12 minutes)
9.09.32 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.09.44 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.09.56 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.10.39 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
9.12.04 am Geteesha mob calls Kate (262 seconds)
9.14.28 am UK consulate in Portugal calls Gerry (3.58 minutes)
9.16.07 am … calls Gerry (1 second)
9.25.51 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.26.03 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.29.18 am Jill mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.33.11 am Michelle & Jon call Kate (5.35 minutes)
9.34.42 am Voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.45.21 am Fiona & Richard call Kate (1.45 minutes)

Good god, and yet she has the idiocy to go into print and do interviews claiming they went out for an hour at light and then got back to Fiona and David's apartment for breakfast, with the kids all happily playing with each other and not missing Madeleine at all, which according to Kate was really rather convenient.
Just Kate couldn't manage her breakfast, but I'm sure Gerry did, because if he hadn't Kate would have extended her already sad and sorry tale to make them even more victims of events which nobody else was trying hard enough to make right for them.
Perhaps someone should have thought to offer her a little warm milk with a little whisky in it, a hot toddy to ease her pain.... no, no-one thought of tempting her with that, they were all too damned selfish and thinking only of themselves and how to save their skins. Perhaps if the abductor had just brought Maddie back Kate might have got her appetite back, but then maybe not, that wouldn't have suited the wider agenda. Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 173510
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 17:49

Leafylane wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:Incredibly she says they did that - even though Gerry KNEW of the "sighting", but he did not tell her until later that day ! ! ! !
Is this at all credible ?

Red flag that NO ONE thought to tell KM about JTs sighting even though JT told most people quickly

Your best friends know JT saw a person carrying a child away and they keep it from you, not to hurt your feelings makes sense, not

How differently we see thing Inspector F. I don't find it at all strange that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be found at any minute and returned? They had no way of knowing at the time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.

Madeleine by Kate Mccann
Friday 4th May 2007 before 8.00am

I have never felt any anger or disappointment whatsoever
towards Jane. On the contrary, I was grateful someone had seen something. I'm
sure this experience has been a terrible burden for her to carry around with her
every day since and I do feel for her. There have been many occasions when I
have visualized myself walking up that road instead of Jane. Would I even have
noticed the man and child? Seen that it was my daughter? Would it have dawned on
me, out of the blue, what was happening? If not, after going into the apartment
and finding Madeleine missing, would I instantly have made the connection and
been able to chase after him? I've even pictured myself catching up with him and
grabbing him by the shoulder. Saving Madeleine.

Does that sound very realistic to you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.02.13 17:52

Leafylane you said

'perhaps with the benefit of hindsight they may have thought they could
have done things differently - who knows? The fact that they were in a
foreign country where they didn't speak the language and had no idea of
how the police dealt with missing children...'

which is exactly what would make me want to be out there looking, shouting in a language my child understood and expecting her to hear me so that I could find her.
There seems IMO to be a lack of empathy for the point of view of the missing child in your statements- a child who for some reason Kate thought might be 'cowering' in the apartment- so why couldn't she then be 'cowering' outside, in the bushes? Didn't they say the patio doors were unlocked in their statements? IIRC Kate said she wasn't told about Jane Tanner's UNTIL MUCH LATER. So logically Madeleine could have wandered outside? Wouldn't you have flown at the last person to check and said 'Are you absolutely sure you shut the doors?Or were they open when you checked, because you said you didn't actually see Madeleine? '

Personally I would just have to be out there looking.I couldn't not.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 26.02.13 17:58

why were the mccanns and tapas friends NOT out looking all night,Madeleine would have reconized there voices if she was ABLE to hear them call her name
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea Hoffman, Tony Bennet is credible etc....

Post by Monty Heck 26.02.13 17:59

"The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents."
The stand out statement. The most horrific thing was that THEY were alone.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 26.02.13 19:44

Leafylane you said

'perhaps with the benefit of hindsight they may have thought they could
have done things differently - who knows? The fact that they were in a
foreign country where they didn't speak the language and had no idea of
how the police dealt with missing children...'

This assumes that the McCanns went back and found Madeleine missing. But why then tell obvious porkies about shutters being jemmied which would immediately be proved untrue in the light of day? Why go round telling people that she had been abducted by paedophiles? That's one of the last things that anyone would want for their child.

Well, maybe, stress, as you say, does strange things to people, but it's things like that that made people who were initially sympathetic begin to think - there is something wrong here. They are not being entirely straight.

Fast forward four years:

Why go on television and say that 'they never made much of her eye, you couldn't really see it, it was just a fleck',when all the posters at the time said 'Look' and had a representation of the eye defect. There are pictures of Kate holding said poster up, and Gerry wearing a T-shirt with it on, so it's not as though it was done without their knowledge. There were so many 'Look' posters around, that it seems a little silly to pretend that they never made much of it, why not just say they regretted this?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 26.02.13 20:26

Monty Heck wrote:"The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents."
The stand out statement. The most horrific thing was that THEY were alone.

Perhaps that was because people were out searching till 4.30 in the morning? Silly people, going to rest before they started again the next day and for weeks after that.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 20:32

tiny wrote:why were the mccanns and tapas friends NOT out looking all night,Madeleine would have reconized there voices if she was ABLE to hear them call her name

Because they had other priorities to think about like telephoning the world's media. Besides Kate Mccann was rather busy perfecting the art of head banging.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 20:44

Miraflores said:
But why then tell obvious porkies about shutters being jemmied which would
immediately be proved untrue in the light of day?

Ironically Kate Mccann is still banging on about open shutters and windows in her book titled Madeleine. You'd think that four years down the line she would realise that is no longer an option, in fact the assertion was ruled out within minutes of it being spoken in the first place. Makes you think that maybe this book is the ultimate plea bargain, the plea of diminished responsibilty. Meanwhile back at the search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 20:50

Call me pedantic, but may I remind everyone mentioning the book that it's called:

madeleine [underscore] by KATE McCANN [capitals]
Tells a story in itself IMO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 20:52

bristow wrote:
russiandoll wrote:][/color][/b]
We must have been [b]out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, [ YOU THINK THIS IS SEARCHING FOR YOUR OWN MISSING CHILD........ONE HOUR ? ][/b

I lost my dog the other day and searched for him for three hours.

ETA It was 5pm when I started searching, so getting dark too.
Count yourself lucky ;-)
My pets have [and had] the habit of going missing around midnight, preferably in winter at -8ºC in a blizzard :-(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 26.02.13 20:56

A snip from the quote,

' having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week '

Having barely left, that to me means they did but maybe only once or twice. Why didn't she say 'not having left the Ocean Club complex all week. Barely leaving means that you have but not regularly.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 21:50

Nina wrote:A snip from the quote,

Having barely left, that to me means they did but maybe only once or twice. Why didn't she say 'not having left the Ocean Club complex all week. Barely leaving means that you have but not regularly.

But what else does that statement say? Apartment 5a is situated in a residential area and surrounded by the usual tourist attractions, it is not contained within a secure complex so how far afield does Kate Mccann think the complex stretches? I believe they regularly went jogging so where did they jog off to - mention was made of a jog up to Rocha Negras wasn't it, or was that very soon after Madeleine disappeared?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.02.13 3:53

Châtelaine wrote:Call me pedantic, but may I remind everyone mentioning the book that it's called:

madeleine [underscore] by KATE McCANN [capitals]
Tells a story in itself IMO

Poor little girl - she was nothing in her mum's eyes when alive, and even when missing (as in death) her mum still cannot honor her.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 27.02.13 10:02

Nina wrote:A snip from the quote,

Their friends went off -site more often. They however could not really be seen around and about such a small place...had to stay within confines of OC or Gerry might have been recognised on his walkabout late evening 3rd May ? [ I am convinced what happened to Maddie happened earlier in the week].

re- the book title, it struck me when I read it, too. Who advised on the front cover I wonder? Maybe suggested that small case would suit the tale of a small girl, I think if that was the case it should have been rejected. The title suggests the child is the focus of the book, so if any name was to have a capital , it should have been Maddie's.

Or maybe it was so that well -read folk would think of the madeleine in Proust's novel, with all its suggestion of recall and the past.[ that was tongue in cheek btw ]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.02.13 11:03

russiandoll wrote: Or maybe it was so that well -read folk would think of the madeleine in Proust's novel, with all its suggestion of recall and the past.[ that was tongue in cheek btw ]
A la recherche d'une enfant perdue ?"
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.02.13 11:13

Selon sa maman, elle n'etait pas perdu, elle etait enlevé.
Donc, peut etre enlevé Madeleine ou disparu Madeleine?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top