The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Mm11

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Mm11

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Regist10

Oscar Pistorius

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Empty Re: Oscar Pistorius

Post by jozi 21.10.15 13:04

aquila wrote:363 days for manslaughter.
I think this could be a new world record.......Disgusting man !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 21.10.15 13:09

aiyoyo wrote:A book on "his version of the story" on its way perhaps ?
We already heard his version in court aiyoyo,  it didn't make any sense then so I don't think it will make any sense now and besides he's far too ill to wright books !!!
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.10.15 13:23

jozi wrote:
We already heard his version in court aiyoyo,  it didn't make any sense then so I don't think it will make any sense now and besides he's far too ill to wright books !!!

That version is for court purposes (technical, tailored for defence)
There is always another version hidden away in the closet to be pulled out at convenience.
Criminals always have another version (retrospect version, spin for sensationalisation if you like) that they will spice up to sell their "tell all" book. 
Kate's book is perfect example of a retrospect book tailored around the evidence to fit her agenda.

That's one way to earn a living, now that he's not employable.
It really depends though, if the Olympic Organiser will allow him to participate.
Even so, he would require few years of training, and with him being on house arrest he won't have any income, not that he needs it since he's living in his uncle's palatial mansion.

But this type never live simply, they have a lifestyle to maintain, so will need to find alternative way to earn money if normal employment is off limit.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.12.15 9:20

aiyoyo wrote:
jozi wrote:

That version is for court purposes (technical, tailored for defence)
There is always another version hidden away in the closet to be pulled out at convenience.
Criminals always have another version (retrospect version, spin for sensationalisation if you like) that they will spice up to sell their "tell all" book. 
Kate's book is perfect example of a retrospect book tailored around the evidence to fit her agenda.

That's one way to earn a living, now that he's not employable.
It really depends though, if the Olympic Organiser will allow him to participate.
Even so, he would require few years of training, and with him being on house arrest he won't have any income, not that he needs it since he's living in his uncle's palatial mansion.

But this type never live simply, they have a lifestyle to maintain, so will need to find alternative way to earn money if normal employment is off limit.
Well I don't think so yet aiyoyo and the book will have to be on hold for now, he's just been found guilty of MURDER  !!! YAY. Oh dear he will have a snotty nose again !!!!!!!!!
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 03.12.15 9:23

What a surprise.

http://news.sky.com/story/1599031/oscar-pistorius-conviction-changed-to-murder
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.12.15 9:52

Here it is folks on News 24

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/live-sca-to-hand-down-ruling-on-pistorius-appeal-20151203
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius - Page 22 Empty Oscar Pistorious

Post by willowthewisp 03.12.15 14:07

It now finally looks like some sort of justices is to prevail in the new charge of Murder/Manslaughter for Reeva's family and Mr Pistorious will have time to contemplate for the actions he took on the night he decided to shoot four bullets from his gun into a door he knew someone was behind in the bathroom, proven by his testimony.
He may be suffering now with guilt for what he has done to someone he loved, that was the choice he took when he committed the crime.  He did not think about whoever was behind the door in his locked abode, which contained only two persons and one is now dead!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 03.12.15 15:33

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/a/30267533/oscar-pistorius-convicted-of-murder-over-the-death-of-reeva-steenkamp/

Athletics star Oscar Pistorius has had his culpable homicide conviction over the death of model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp upgraded to murder.
South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal today announced its verdict on a bid by prosecutors to have him convicted of murder for killing his girlfriend.
"Guilty of murder, with the accused having criminal intent," judge Eric Leach told the court.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.15 9:30

He'll still serve 3 - 5 years which was my original estimation of the outcome. Where he'll serve those is an entirely different matter - South Africa and all that roll
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.12.15 9:38

About time too.  Don't know what the first judge was thinking.  IMO it did seem all very weird at the time, letting him take time out for his whining and tears all the time.   Disgraceful.   Even moved Reeva's body and I can't remember the judge making comment about that.  Really weird to me.

I would like to see him do 15 years in prison.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.15 9:44

plebgate wrote:About time too.  Don't know what the first judge was thinking.  IMO it did seem all very weird at the time, letting him take time out for his whining and tears all the time.   Disgraceful.   Even moved Reeva's body and I can't remember the judge making comment about that.  Really weird to me.

I would like to see him do 15 years in prison.
There will be a storm in a teacup and he'll still serve 3-5 years. The only difference is what he was found guilty of. Once again, where he serves 3-5 will be diluted over a few months.

Why do you think Dewani was never brought to trial in South Africa? think about it.

ETA: There is a lovely bit of promotion for the ANCWL. This is South Africa, one of the most violent places in the world to live and one of the most corrupt countries at every single level.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.15 10:52

South Africa is a place where the police are never to be trusted - no matter your colour, race or creed. It's not the pretty picture that people in the Western world hold/believe. It's time for the Western world to dispel this myth.

You get pulled up by a traffic cop and you really don't know what you're in for. You don't even know if they are real police - but they all carry guns. Police cars are not owned by the police service. Officers have a financial interest in their police car. These would be the same officers who go home to their townships/brotherhoods/families with all its familial ties/hope for a better future/right to earn something reasonably like a decent living and above and beyond all of this is the tie to a TRIBE - see ANC and Zuma with his four wives for evidence of modern day South Africa where he completely bullshits his own people. It's third world.

I lived in South Africa. I had friends in Botswana who ran a farm (Botswana is a bit calmer than South Africa - calmer tribe - although around half of its population are HIV).
I loved Botswana and yet it is now overwhelmed by other tribes and there is an open door African policy to allow it to be swamped by immigrants from other African countries. Botswana is no longer the nice place with a government who gives permission for people to live peacefully (Ian Khama) and have land that they can claim legitimately and freely build a house upon it.

Guns are not allowed in Botswana. If you are found guilty of murder you are hung within 24 hours - that might not sit well in the Western world but it works in Botswana. Sadly, Botswana has now become a milky substance as it's open to immigration. I feel so sorry for the very decent indigenous people living there who have better homes than in the past and keep their traditional ways. Their children go to schools. South African children go to schools too (apartheid never, ever denied education) - except most of the schools in South Africa don't have decent books or even toilets. Forget Oprah's academy in Henley on Klip (I love that place) - her 'stars' are all in America and won't go back to Africa.

I recall going into an office to ask questions about getting a visa to live in South Africa - it took three hours of queuing in the wrong queue packed like sardines into an airless building (welcome to South Africa) - seriously it was really awful. The man who spoke to me yawned and said how he found his job very boring and he was thinking of retiring. This was before he answered a question. He was open to a bribe. I left.

I'm giving my opinion on South Africa - the basket case.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 04.12.15 12:38

aquila wrote:He'll still serve 3 - 5 years which was my original estimation of the outcome. Where he'll serve those is an entirely different matter - South Africa and all that roll
Its a minimum of 15 yrs for murder aquila and yes he will get a tougher sentence ....what it will be we have just to wait and see !!!
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.12.15 13:52

Justice for Reeva.

At last.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.15 22:22

jozi wrote:
aquila wrote:He'll still serve 3 - 5 years which was my original estimation of the outcome. Where he'll serve those is an entirely different matter - South Africa and all that roll
Its a minimum of 15 yrs for murder aquila and yes he will get a tougher sentence ....what it will be we have just to wait and see !!!
He'll still probably only serve 3-5 years of that. He's already served a year (not all of it in jail). There is also something that has yet to be mentioned - having lost a lot of weight he could well be experiencing problems with his prosthetic limbs and need medical attention so I would expect that to be on the agenda soon. I'll be very surprised if Oscar is back in the slammer before Christmas.

ETA: The judiciary need to get a move on if there is any chance of putting Oscar back behind bars before Christmas - the court recess begins on 13th December and is not back until 24th January 2016.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 08.12.15 7:19

He is back in Court today.....think its to appeal his MURDER conviction !!!

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/live-pistorius-returns-to-high-court-for-bail-application-20151208
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 08.12.15 7:45

You could not make this up if we tried .......Just shows the ANCWL up for what it is !!! They don't give a stuff about abuse of woman only there to look good knowing the World and his dog will be watching them sitting next to Reeve's Mum !!!

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ancwl-apologises-to-steenkamps-for-blunder-after-oscars-murder-conviction wft
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.12.15 19:25

Pistorius is back in court in April 2016 and according to the press it is to establish an update on his appeal - not the sentencing for the murder conviction. All the while the clock is ticking on 'time served'. It's all classed as 'time served'. Oscar has been shown in the media going into the Pretoria Department of Correction to have an electronic device fitted to his wrist - this is 'time served'.

April 2016 will be just the beginning of proceedings. Expect delays in deliberations to take shall we say at least another six months of time-served. This will bring Oscar's time served to over 2 years. In the meantime Oscar will have the opportunity to do good things, to study, to engage in acts of public benefit/contrition.

Any sentence for the crime of murder IF the murder charge is upheld at appeal will be diluted to say 8-10 years and will probably be written off as 'time served'.

It's theatre.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.12.15 7:59

You could be right aquila, it does seem a farce at the moment. He has been tagged so hopefully he cannot go beyond the limit on the tags. I cannot understand why they allowed him bail and did not make him go straight to jail, after all his sentence has been changed to MURDER.

Don't worry as all the Lawyers etc will be making as much money as possible ........Just like they do in all the other Countries ?

Obviously they don't think he is a flight risk ???
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.12.15 13:23

jozi wrote:
aquila wrote:Pistorius is back in court in April 2016 and according to the press it is to establish an update on his appeal - not the sentencing for the murder conviction. All the while the clock is ticking on 'time served'. It's all classed as 'time served'. Oscar has been shown in the media going into the Pretoria Department of Correction to have an electronic device fitted to his wrist - this is 'time served'.

April 2016 will be just the beginning of proceedings. Expect delays in deliberations to take shall we say at least another six months of time-served. This will bring Oscar's time served to over 2 years. In the meantime Oscar will have the opportunity to do good things, to study, to engage in acts of public benefit/contrition.

Any sentence for the crime of murder IF the murder charge is upheld at appeal will be diluted to say 8-10 years and will probably be written off as 'time served'.

It's theatre.
You could be right aquila, it does seem a farce at the moment. He has been tagged so hopefully he cannot go beyond the limit on the tags. I cannot understand why they allowed him bail and did not make him go straight to jail, after all his sentence has been changed to MURDER.

Don't worry as all the Lawyers etc will be making as much money as possible ........Just like they do in all the other Countries ?

Obviously they don't think he is a flight risk ???
The equivalent of £450 bail was an absolute triumph. No-one has stumped up bail for Oscar - his family didn't chip in with a shedload of money/conditions on the sale of properties owned by them whilst he is their charge outside of prison.

Oscar is apparently poor now, almost destitute and in need of a safe harbour in the bosom of his family and can no longer afford lawyers so we are told. I doubt very much he'll be engaging lawyers provided by the state to defend him so someone is paying for them. I can't see a 'no win, no fee'/pro bono situation. A contingency fee may have been agreed to continue to engage OP's lawyers which has eaten up any capital he has.

As for a flight risk, that's the wonderful thing about his defence. He is not a flight risk. He has complied with everything.

There's no need for Oscar to go anywhere. He's off the hook.

South Africa can't afford to stick him back in jail (for long). South African jails are appalling and he's not safe there. No-one is safe in a South African jail - especially a white, famous disabled man - can you imagine the media interest that will continue if he is stuck in the slammer after such a public trial? It's all going Oscar's way - but that was what it was all about in the first place.

South Africa is a terribly corrupt third world country that likes to show post-apartheid things have improved under ANC rule. It hasn't - and I could weep for this country.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 22.04.16 10:12

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/new-pics-prove-pistorius-battered-reeva-with-cricket-bat-first/news-story/673f7764c9a782a086ccf57be9841633

Speechless ! How they can miss that?
He can't be retried.
With that evidence, even the introduction of it, "murder" verdict is a guarantee.
Hope his sentencing in June isn't tasked to Judge Masipa.
Don't understand why he is accorded special privilege to stay in his uncle's mansion when it's common and normal for convicted murderer to be denied bail.

Prosecutor should propose his sentencing. A life for a life.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.06.16 14:10

Oscar Pistorius trial/sentencing for murder has begun again.

The mental health card is being heavily played which is not unexpected. Have a look at the Shrien Dewani case thrown out by South African courts.

I'm not going to be popular for this comment but what the hell, I'll say it anyway. There is a certain breed of white South African that thinks themselves above all other others. Afrikaaners with money (such as Oscar's family) think they can tote guns, drive expensive cars at fast speeds along the highways and go to posh places to network with other wealthy, bad attitude people. This doesn't come from the average Afrikaans parent by the way. Afrikaans mothers would smack their children across the cheek for lack of respect. Afrikaans mothers run the basket case that is South Africa. Without Afrikaans women there would be no administration, no charity, no nothing.

It wasn't Afrikaans women who indulged Pistorius. It was the complete eejits (I know, because I've lived there) who are men, gun-toting men who think it's ok to kill something. They are nothing more than baboons.

Afrikaans women think differently. Reeva Steenkamp's mother must surely know that had her daughter not wished for a high-profile media life she would never have given Oscar Pistorius a nod in the desert. I know this, because I watched the dreadful networking in South Africa. It made me feel sick. Reeva Steenkamp would not have been with Oscar Pistorius if it weren't in her favour to have a life of wealth.

Oscar Pistorius shot Reeva Steenkamp and killed her. The trial was televised because it was of 'international' interest. It wasn't really of international interest. It was a trial that had Oscar Pistorius been an ordinary oke and Reeva Steenkamp been an ordinary girl wouldn't have seen the light of day in international news.

We're now heading into the next phase of not only the media circus but the dreadful, and I mean truly dreadful lack of justice for someone who was murdered...and I don't much like Reeva Steenkamp, I think she affiliated herself with a high profile person because it suited her. Once again, to have lived in South Africa is to know how bloody awful this dreadful networking is.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 13.06.16 15:02

@Aquila - Pistorius is due everything coming to him as he's a murderer. It will be interesting to see how much time he actually serves inside a prison.

Your rather sweeping comments regarding gun toting, male Afrikanaas are rather harsh. The majority of my many friends/aquaintances in SA carry guns in their glove compartments, including the women, irrespective of whether they are Afrikaanas or not. It is a matter of self protection. You must know that fast cars; driving fast; guns; are all part of the South African culture and have been for a long time, across all backgrounds. The rules of the road are different to the UK and drink driving is also endemic. Women are not required to stop at red lights after dark as car hijacking (in which the victim is highly likely to be shot unless they react quickly) is rife. Areas of Jo'burg are like war zones as are areas of the Cape. Home invasions; robberies; rape and assaults (including murders) are common. Wealthy whites and blacks alike, live with security - bars on all windows; gated estates with guard entry; armed security guard patrols; etc. Some of my friends have gone through life there with only minor incidents; others have been attacked in their homes on more than one occasion. 

Having said that, SA is a stunning country and is a brilliant place for a holiday if you're sensible, and South Africans, across the board, are great people.

And, Reeva Steenkamp's mother is actually from the Northwest of England - Blackburn. Her father is an Afrikaana.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.06.16 15:08

Please tell me where it is the norm for South Africans to carry guns in the glove compartment of their cars.

You are talking through the top of your hat.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 13.06.16 15:22

@Aquila - not going to argue. My husband is South African. He has a large family and we have many friends. Don't forget most of those over a certain age went through conscription (like Rhodesia) and fought in the border war - I know that's not relevant to the Pistorius's age bracket but like America, SA is a gun culture. I can't believe that there are very many homes which don't possess a fire arm, I can't think of a single one that I know.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top