The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Oscar Pistorius

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Post by ultimaThule on 13.03.15 11:35

It will be a further travesty if this killer is granted parole before the prosecution's appeal is heard:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31850786
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.03.15 11:56

@ultimaThule wrote:It will be a further travesty if this killer is granted parole before the prosecution's appeal is heard:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31850786
It's odds on he'll be out of prison and doing 'house arrest' for the rest of his sentence by around July this year.

Oscar is doing almost solitary (sharing a few physical exercise moments/equipment with a corrupt bloke on remand). The SA government can't afford to showcase how absolutely dire their prisons are so afford him special protection.

He'll be out soon.

In the meantime, Reeva's mother has taken to campaigning against domestic violence. She has written a book and has received an income beyond her earning capacity before the death of Reeva from publishing about the murder of her daughter.

Just an observation.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.03.15 14:55

@aquila wrote:It's odds on he'll be out of prison and doing 'house arrest' for the rest of his sentence by around July this year.

In the meantime, Reeva's mother has taken to campaigning against domestic violence. She has written a book and has received an income beyond her earning capacity before the death of Reeva from publishing about the murder of her daughter.

Just an observation.

Reeva's mother has said that she does not care about the appeal.

snipped from Daily Mail

And regarding the appeal to have Pistorius convicted of murder, she said: 'How is it going to help me ?

And, I thought this is all about justice for Reeva. Apparently not !
Sorry to say, but Reeva's mum seems only concerned about herself. About how the situation is going to help her, about she's going to make money and profit on the back of her daughter's name/death, about plugging her book and advocating anti domestic violence campaign (getting paid for talks presumably), than about making sure that proper justice is gotten and returned to Reeva.

'I don't want him to suffer in any way, because he's a disabled person.' 

Freaky Unbelievable ! This disabled person well reputed for making a living from international sporting events, was able to walk to the bathroom and pumped 4 bullets her daughter, with intent to kill, knowing full well there's no where to hide in a cucible, yet Mrs Steenkamp is ready to forgive him on the reason he is disabled.

Any normal mum who's sane would be delighted that Prosecutor pushed for the appropriate charge and befitting punishment for the crime, yet Reeva's mum appears not to appreciate the prosecutor's effort, doesnt care about the appeal if it isn't going to help her.

Reeva supported her parents financially when she was alive, and it seems in her death she's stll supporting them from her grave.

You can bet her "couldn't care less" about this appeal attitude will be used by Defence lawyer to their advantage. Her apathetic attitude to the appeal may well scupper the prosecutor's appeal chance.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.06.15 21:20

http://www.examiner.com/article/amanda-knox-ex-boyfriend-due-back-to-court-may-2016

Amanda and Sollecito due back in Court for defamation of Public Prosecutor in their respective books.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 07.06.15 12:11

@aiyoyo wrote:http://www.examiner.com/article/amanda-knox-ex-boyfriend-due-back-to-court-may-2016

Amanda and Sollecito due back in Court for defamation of Public Prosecutor in their respective books.
Thanks for the link. Have been waiting to hear when this was going to happen. Am not holding my breath with any further punishment to Knox & Sollecito though. Looking forward to hear how the Court acquitted the pair and on what grounds, which should also be coming out soon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.06.15 19:08

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/08/africa/south-africa-oscar-pistorius-release-recommendation/

OP, recommended for release in August  by the Parole Board.
The Prosecutor's appeal hearing is scheduled to take place in November.

Guessing there will now be a battle between Parole Board and Prosecutor for him not to be released to at least until the Appeal is heard and probably verdict is had.

Can't help feeling that if he were to be released and placed on house arrest it will make the Prosecutor's appeal job a lot harder.  House arrest gives him freedom to use PC and meet with key people to engineer/influence situation to his favour.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.06.15 19:11

@aiyoyo wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/08/africa/south-africa-oscar-pistorius-release-recommendation/

Guessing there will now be a battle between Parole Board and Prosecutor for him not to be released to at least until the Appeal is heard and probably verdict is had.
I've been reading this on iol.co.za today.

Oscar will be out by 21st August.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.06.15 19:15

@aquila wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/08/africa/south-africa-oscar-pistorius-release-recommendation/

Not sure if that is definite.  I read it's what the Parole Board will recommend.
Question is - will the authority that oversees the Parole Board approve it.
Also, there is no report on whether the Prosecutor has applied to block it.
Would imagine the prosecutor will get on top of it to block the parole board's recommendation.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.06.15 19:20

@aiyoyo wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Not sure if that is definite.  I read it's what the Parole Board will recommend.
Question is - will the authority that oversees the Parole Board approve it.
Also, there is no report on whether the Prosecutor has applied to block it.
Would imagine the prosecutor will get on top of it to block the parole board's recommendation.
We'll see.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.08.15 21:14

9 more prison sleeps for Oscar until he's released on licence. It seems it's all going ahead.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.08.15 22:47

Seems that way.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.08.15 8:18

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/17/oscar-pistorius-prosecutors-file-appeal-against-murder-acquittal

The state filed its heads of argument with the supreme court of appeal. Pistorius’s defence team has until 17 September to submit its response, with the appeal hearing expected in November. If the judges rule against Pistorius, he could face returning to prison for at least 15 years.

I wonder if Judge Masipa career future is affected post Oscar Pistorius.  Her unpopular decision didn't sit well with the public and certain authorities.  If the Appeal Court should find she erred on the application of law I think that might have a serious impact on her career advancement.

I don't understand Reeva Steenkamp parents at all. Why did they not oppose the verdict then or file profession negligence against the Judge if they believe the verdict was a mis rule on the part of the Judge. Why wait until his possible release on house arrest before they protest against his early release? Surely they had been informed that he would be released after 10 months into the prison term?

To me, Reeva's parents seem to be doing things on their own steam in accordance to their personal situation/circumstance at a given point in time, instead of being in cooperation and in accord with the prosecuting legal team.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 29.08.15 10:26

I recall that after the Trial and sentencing of OP the Steencamps said that they would not be appealing because it wouldn't bring Reeva back. That of course they were unhappy about the sentence but at that time they felt it would only cause them more distress.

Maybe they now feel differently.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.08.15 8:58

@Angelique wrote:I recall that after the Trial and sentencing of OP the Steencamps said that they would not be appealing because it wouldn't bring Reeva back. That of course they were unhappy about the sentence but at that time they felt it would only cause them more distress.

Exactly what I mean - that they gave out conflicting messages and didn't (and still don't) seem to be working in tandem with the prosecution legal team. One gets the impression the prosecution is on their own making sure law is applied correctly, whereas the steenkamps are doing their best to earn money (book, talks etc) for their living and perhaps allowing their strings to be pulled by outside group influence.

On one hand they said they forgave him, were satisfied he got imprisoned and didn't seem disturbed about the lesser charge he got done for, and didn't see the point in appealing.
Now they're saying they believed he murdered her and that he shouldn't be released.

They appear not to be working in tandem with the prosecution team. Had they added their voice of support to the appeal, their voice would go a very long way especially given the public outcry over the ruling.

I don't know, on one hand they appear passive and complacent but on the other hand they moan about the inadequacy of the law to deal out justice. There is just no telling how they want their daughter's killer to be punished. It is cruel to say this but they seem more concerned about they are perceived than anything else. Reeva should have got a stronger voice from them if anything.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.08.15 8:58

@Angelique wrote:I recall that after the Trial and sentencing of OP the Steencamps said that they would not be appealing because it wouldn't bring Reeva back. That of course they were unhappy about the sentence but at that time they felt it would only cause them more distress.

Exactly what I mean - that they gave out conflicting messages and didn't (and still don't) seem to be working in tandem with the prosecution legal team.  One gets the impression the prosecution is on their own making sure law is applied correctly, whereas the steenkamps are doing their best to earn money (book, talks etc)  for their living and perhaps allowing their strings to be pulled by outside group influence.

On one hand they said they forgave him, were satisfied he got imprisoned and didn't seem disturbed about the lesser charge he got done for, and didn't see the point in appealing.
Now they're saying they believed he murdered her and that he shouldn't be released.

They appear not to be working in tandem with the prosecution team.  Had they added their voice of support to the appeal, their voice would go a very long way especially given the public outcry over the ruling.

I don't know, on one hand they appear passive and complacent but on the other hand they moan about the inadequacy of the law to deal out justice.  There is just no telling how they want their daughter's killer to be punished.  It is cruel to say this but they seem more concerned about they are perceived than anything else.  Reeva should have got a stronger voice from them if anything. Just my opinion of course.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorious

Post by willowthewisp on 30.08.15 18:55

Do not forget that "Oscar" knowingly knew that Reeva's parents were going through financial difficulties when he gave them money to erase their predicament (Judas funds) at a time of emotional conflict for the parents?
Oscar Pistorious and his Solicitors knew what they were doing during this process and it would backfire on the couple at the eventual trial, that it would be part of the Court case, but not admitting to his Guilt?
It only helped his case, as the parents felt shameful after they had time to reflect on the situation and knew had partially silenced them?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.08.15 21:07

Yeap, taking his blood money was their unwise decision.
That restricts their free voice to speak their mind truthfully to the media at that time without it backfiring on them. But backfire it did nonetheless. Either they were helpless and gullible or they were ill advised, I know which I think.

OP and his lawyers were playing the blinder, they knew exactly what they did would help OP case in Court.

Now that the trial is over, done and dusted, and the Court told they would return the money, it seems their free voice is no longer impeded by fear of repercussion.

I wonder if the Prosecution team were told of the money changing hands ahead of trial, or were they too taken surprised in Court. I wonder too if that is a reason for the lack of rapport between the Steenkamps and the Prosecutor team.

I have never witnessed another case like it - where Prosecutor did his damnest best for the murdered victim but the victim's family seemed laid back about the whole thing at the crucial stage, and when they did appear to change their tune everything has become moot point to an extent.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 17.09.15 12:26

Oscar Pistorius 'cannot afford another murder trial' say his lawyers as parole decision due on Friday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-cannot-afford-another-6458286
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 19.09.15 17:56

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Oscar Pistorius 'cannot afford another murder trial' say his lawyers as parole decision due on Friday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-cannot-afford-another-6458286
He was going to be released on Friday but it did not happen and then this in today's paper;

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/No-clarity-on-Oscar-release-20150918
jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.09.15 15:28

I think they are going to have to keep him in prison until the decision on the Appeal is had.
How can it be any other way?
Expecting to be released on parole when the decision of the judgement is being challenged just does not seem right.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.10.15 6:44

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-Oscar Pistorius house shown in 'bizarre' video tour

The new tenants of the house where athlete Oscar Pistorius shot dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp have been filmed giving a tour around the house.

In the video, they promise to host parties there, saying: "Oscar built this house to entertain".
Pistorius family spokeswoman Anneliese Burgess described the footage as "bizarre" to the South African press.

David Scott and Kagiso Mokoape have apologised after giving the South African TV channel Netwerk24 a tour.
However, the pair told the Rekord newspaper they had been assured that they were not being recorded.
"They came to the house to interview us to promote our business. We were relaxed and giving our own opinion as they told us they were not recording," Mr Scott said.
Mr Mokoape told the paper that the purpose of the video had been to send out a positive message that people "should enjoy and celebrate life".
The business partners give the TV channel a tour of the house, including the bathroom where Ms Steenkamp died, whilst holding cans of beer.
At one point Mr Scott says: "This is definitely an entertainer's house."
In another part of the video he told the channel: "Hot girls can invite themselves."
Mr Scott also said they intended to decorate the house "in honour of what happened here".
A version of the video is still on the network's English language website.

The two men appear to be drinking beer throughout the video
During the video, Mr Scott opens the toilet door, through which Ms Steenkamp was shot four times, to show where she died.
While in the bathroom, Mr Mokoape says "I feel bad for Reeva's parents".
The bathroom has since been refurbished.
An online poll by the South African website IOL found that readers were closely split on whether it would be distasteful to hold a party at the house.
Poll with statement: Throwing a party at the house where Oscar killed Reeva is... 'Disgusting 53%', 'No big deal 42%'. 'Cool 6%'Image copyrightIOL
Image caption
The online poll as 1400 BST Monday
Reeva Steempkamp, Oscar PistoriusImage copyrightAFP
The making and unmaking of Oscar Pistorius
The trial evidence
The South African parole board is due to decide later this week whether to release Pistorius on house arrest.
He was convicted of manslaughter last year but cleared of murder.
The appeal against his acquittal on murder charges is to be heard next month.
The Olympic athlete insists he mistook his then girlfriend for an intruder.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.10.15 9:44

Oscar's out of jail.

'Oscar is here and home with his family': Pistorius family's joy as he is removed from prison under cover of darkness to serve five-year sentence at uncle's luxury villa

• Sprinter Oscar Pistorius released from prison after serving just a year
  • He was jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013 
  • Lawyer for Miss Steenkamp's parents tells MailOnline: 'This doesn't change how they feel. Reeva is still dead'
  • Athlete still faces appeal to upgrade charge to murder and 15 years in jail

By Jane Flanagan In Pretoria and Simon Tomlinson and Sam Tonkin For Mailonline
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.10.15 11:39

He's got away with it.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.10.15 11:58

363 days for manslaughter.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.10.15 14:10

A book on "his version of the story" on its way perhaps ?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum