The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Having met Dan in the car

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 0:22

Hi,

Long,long time lurker.



This is something that has bugged me for a long time. A couple of years ago, I looked at all their statements.

I got rid of the umms and arhhs.



They always made a big thing about no cars,watches or mobiles.



So how come O.Brien says.

On the night,searching alone,by the Millenium, HE MET DAN IN THE CAR.

The T9 also say that the tennis instructors were who they hung around with the most that week.



So, who is Dan the tennis instructor? and where is his car?

Also the men (Gerry etc.,) were all on the tennis courts at half past seven on the night of the 'abduction' with Dan.

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by bobbin on 19.02.13 9:24

@rolodog wrote:Hi,

Long,long time lurker.



This is something that has bugged me for a long time. A couple of years ago, I looked at all their statements.

I got rid of the umms and arhhs.



They always made a big thing about no cars,watches or mobiles.



So how come O.Brien says.

On the night,searching alone,by the Millenium, HE MET DAN IN THE CAR.

The T9 also say that the tennis instructors were who they hung around with the most that week.



So, who is Dan the tennis instructor? and where is his car?

Also the men (Gerry etc.,) were all on the tennis courts at half past seven on the night of the 'abduction' with Dan.

welcome rolodog, and yes, a very good point. Who is Dan ?

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 9:27

There wouldn't have been much left to read after deleting all the waffle.

Here is a link to a statement from Dan the tennis instructor. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAN-STUK.htm

No mention of meeting any of the Tapas mob that evening. No surprise there!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 15:35

The last but one paragraph in that statement reads

Quote
Because it was asked of him, he relates that he knew about the disappearance of little MBM that same night, about 22h20, because he was contacted by a resort worker having attended and participated in the searches.
Unquote

It's unclear who participated in the searches, the tennis instructor or the person who informed him of events, maybe someone who reads Portuguese can look at the original document and clarify. I would have thought it relates to him and his activities.

If SY get round to reinterviewing everyone who was there at the time, some new stuff might come out. You know, that tiny piece of the jigsaw. They cant be being funded just to read files.

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Nina on 19.02.13 16:00

@Inspectorfrost wrote:The last but one paragraph in that statement reads

Quote
Because it was asked of him, he relates that he knew about the disappearance of little MBM that same night, about 22h20, because he was contacted by a resort worker having attended and participated in the searches.
Unquote

It's unclear who participated in the searches, the tennis instructor or the person who informed him of events, maybe someone who reads Portuguese can look at the original document and clarify. I would have thought it relates to him and his activities.

If SY get round to reinterviewing everyone who was there at the time, some new stuff might come out. You know, that tiny piece of the jigsaw. They cant be being funded just to read files.

So he knew very early then, 20 minutes past 10 and the resort worker had already participated in the searches by that time, sounds a bit odd the timescale.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by bobbin on 19.02.13 16:10

@Nina wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:The last but one paragraph in that statement reads

Quote
Because it was asked of him, he relates that he knew about the disappearance of little MBM that same night, about 22h20, because he was contacted by a resort worker having attended and participated in the searches.
Unquote

It's unclear who participated in the searches, the tennis instructor or the person who informed him of events, maybe someone who reads Portuguese can look at the original document and clarify. I would have thought it relates to him and his activities.

If SY get round to reinterviewing everyone who was there at the time, some new stuff might come out. You know, that tiny piece of the jigsaw. They cant be being funded just to read files.

So he knew very early then, 20 minutes past 10 and the resort worker had already participated in the searches by that time, sounds a bit odd the timescale.
yes, but the 10 o'clock story is the McCanns time-lined version.
Other witnesses, tapas waiters seeing the table clear suddenly, Carpenter couple going back to their apartment hearing name/voices/Maddie being called out, searching in the bushes or something, all before 10 p.m.

ETA Jez Wilkin's thinking he'd seen Gerry earlier (more like ten or so minutes before 9 p.m. than Gerry's insisted time of 9.15 p.m.

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by sami on 19.02.13 16:27

According to the leverton Williams coaching team website, dan stuk also coached for Mark Warner in Greece. Some of the tapas had used MW in Greece, interesting to find out if their paths crossed in Greece before PDL.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 16:35

Nina, that is why I think it refers to him just saying he helped in searching.

Bobbin, the Carpenters left between 9.15 and 9.30 from the Tapas bar and one of them said they vaguely remember someone calling for Madeleine. I wonder if that was Gerry and he found her, maybe in the flower bed and then.....?

GM is an extremely quick thinking and cunning chap. Nothing would surprise me.

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 17:28

Thanks for that link Jean, I had not seen it. He admits he participated in the search but omitted that it was IN A CAR and he had met O'Brien.

I cannot do links so I will write this out.

It is from when they got interviewed back in England. I think the questioning was a bit tougher than expected and he got flustered.

I copied it exactly as spoken in the statment but used capitals where I thought WTF?????

Q

DID YOU TAKE PART IN ANY SEARCHES?

A

Yes,and I presume that what I've....

Q

WITH. WITH WHOM AND HOW WERE THEY PLANNED?

A

Right. OK. Yes as described initial search of the building. Re-met again. Then I did a SOLITARY SWEEP down the west side of the apartments into the

CARPARK and shopping centre. Then there was a JOINT search with me, Matt and David Payne coming, sweeping down the town err towards the

river. err towards the sea and erm then we split up and searched the beach and OBVIOUSLEY we lost, we KIND OF lost each other during this point and

then I came back AS SORT OF,AS SORT OF, as exact manner to the, to BEING ON MY OWN. I then did a, after quite a long time by the apartments did

a final search in the sort of road OUT TOWARDS THE MILLENIUM and the adjoining roads that go OFF INTO THE DARK there and then did a, and then

on my way back AFTER HAVING MET DAN IN THE CAR who then carried on up those roads.

I did a BRIEF search on South side flats.

Finish speaking.

It might not be totally verbatim but nearly.

No wonder they don't want to do a recon.

Why did Dan not say he had met O'Brien that night?

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:02

The early interviews by the PJ with A N Others who were not close to events were not that thorough and why should they be, the Mccanns and their friends were not initially suspected let alone random bystanders

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 18:14

@rolodog wrote:Thanks for that link Jean, I had not seen it. He admits he participated in the search but omitted that it was IN A CAR and he had met O'Brien.

I cannot do links so I will write this out.

It is from when they got interviewed back in England. I think the questioning was a bit tougher than expected and he got flustered.

I copied it exactly as spoken in the statment but used capitals where I thought WTF?????

Q

DID YOU TAKE PART IN ANY SEARCHES?

A

Yes,and I presume that what I've....

Q

WITH. WITH WHOM AND HOW WERE THEY PLANNED?

A

Right. OK. Yes as described initial search of the building. Re-met again. Then I did a SOLITARY SWEEP down the west side of the apartments into the

CARPARK and shopping centre. Then there was a JOINT search with me, Matt and David Payne coming, sweeping down the town err towards the

river. err towards the sea and erm then we split up and searched the beach and OBVIOUSLEY we lost, we KIND OF lost each other during this point and

then I came back AS SORT OF,AS SORT OF, as exact manner to the, to BEING ON MY OWN. I then did a, after quite a long time by the apartments did

a final search in the sort of road OUT TOWARDS THE MILLENIUM and the adjoining roads that go OFF INTO THE DARK there and then did a, and then

on my way back AFTER HAVING MET DAN IN THE CAR who then carried on up those roads.

I did a BRIEF search on South side flats.

Finish speaking.

It might not be totally verbatim but nearly.

No wonder they don't want to do a recon.

Why did Dan not say he had met O'Brien that night?

So: ROB is saying that Matt & David Payne were on the beach unobserved for some time?

How does that tally with other information on Gerry & David on the beach, and the pictures taken of Gerry & Wright (or was it Jon Corner, I'm getting old) searching the beachfront/rocks not for crabs?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 18:15

I was under the impression that none of the other Tapas 7 did any searching; they just went to bed.

If that's true, I'll go for Dan's statement as being believable.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:21

Jean wrote:I was under the impression that none of the other Tapas 7 did any searching; they just went to bed.

If that's true, I'll go for Dan's statement as being believable.

No they all did some searching, I dont see which part of Dans statement suggests they all went to bed? in any case, doesnt matter, Maddie was long gone by then IMO

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 18:25

From what I remember ALL the T9 males were with Dan on the tennis courts at half past seven on the evening of May 4.

There is 'social tennis'

and then there is PLOTTING

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:41

@rolodog wrote:From what I remember ALL the T9 males were with Dan on the tennis courts at half past seven on the evening of May 4.

There is 'social tennis'

and then there is PLOTTING

You suggesting DAN the tennis instructor was in on it??

Thats a bit silly if you are, apologies if not

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 18:42

They could have passed all sorts to Dan in the car.

Pink blanket.Large blue bags.

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:44

@rolodog wrote:They could have passed all sorts to Dan in the car.

Pink blanket.Large blue bags.

Right, OK, and Dan the total stranger tennis coach would do this because?.......LOL

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 18:51

I am saying it is a possibility.

The T9 said the Mcanns spent most of their time with the tennis instructors.

O'Brien was running around all over the place and then met Dan the tennis instructor in a dark place by The Millenium. Dan had a car.

Just my opinion but I think they muddy up the connections.

People you think are their friends are not. AND, people that you think are random ARE NOT.

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Mrs Beeton on 19.02.13 18:53

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@rolodog wrote:They could have passed all sorts to Dan in the car.

Pink blanket.Large blue bags.

Right, OK, and Dan the total stranger tennis coach would do this because?.......LOL

Who says he was a 'total stranger'? And in any case he might have assisted if Mark Warner wanted to be 'helpful'. I've no idea if he was involved but his statement is very garbled and leads me to be suspicious that he knows more that he says.

Mrs Beeton

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 18:53

birds of a feather........

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:57

@rolodog wrote:I am saying it is a possibility.

The T9 said the Mcanns spent most of their time with the tennis instructors.

O'Brien was running around all over the place and then met Dan the tennis instructor in a dark place by The Millenium. Dan had a car.

Just my opinion but I think they muddy up the connections.

People you think are their friends are not. AND, people that you think are random ARE NOT.
Yes OK if Dan was in on it with the tapas they actually would have mentioned anything in their interviews, NOT IMO

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 18:59

@Mrs Beeton wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@rolodog wrote:They could have passed all sorts to Dan in the car.

Pink blanket.Large blue bags.

Right, OK, and Dan the total stranger tennis coach would do this because?.......LOL

Who says he was a 'total stranger'? And in any case he might have assisted if Mark Warner wanted to be 'helpful'. I've no idea if he was involved but his statement is very garbled and leads me to be suspicious that he knows more that he says.

Which bit was garbled? And that leads to suspicions?

ETA not sure what you mean by Mark Warner wanting to be helpful

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by rolodog on 19.02.13 19:08

I think O'Brian got flustered and thought he could fob off the interviewer with their usual vague answers.

But he got cut off in mid waffle when the policeman said 'with whom and how were they planned'

So like a good middle class boy he thought he had better be honest. And let slip about Dan and a car.

Dan might be insignificant but O'Brian was still running around ON HIS OWN, and his wife/girlfriend is the only one propping up the abductor 'sighting'.

rolodog

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dan Stuk

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 19:17

This witness statement had escaped me.

Some observations:


Clearly he is whitewashing the McCs. On the one hand he states as his working hours 0900-19.30, but on the other hand he states to know exactly where the MC Cs spent their days: "most of the day within the OC resort, in the pool".

This ignores their trip to Sagres.

No one had mentioned the McCs spending time IN the pool.

The GM-memorized picture of Maddie is AT the pool, not IN the pool.

If, for instance, Kate had spent time IN the pool on Thursday 3rd, she would not have had to A. shower with DP looking in blind, and B take an additional bath before scuppering off to the Tapas half an hour later.

Who remenbers anything about the McCs being IN the pool?

I thought not.

Asked if JW played tennis 'yesterday' i.e. May 7th 2007, (see date on witness statement) Dan beats about the bush and evades answering directly.

He does confirm 'little Madeleine' (sic) participating in a group of children in A tennis lesson. Clearly not one of his, or he would have said so. .

He must be about the only person in the world who would call our girl 'Madeleine' on May 8th.

Why?

Nobody else did, as far as I'm aware. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case: Gerry is unaccounted for till 10.00 a.m., according to Dan Stuk. That's when he showed up for a tennis lesson.
.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Having met Dan in the car

Post by Mrs Beeton on 19.02.13 19:18

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@Mrs Beeton wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@rolodog wrote:They could have passed all sorts to Dan in the car.

Pink blanket.Large blue bags.

Right, OK, and Dan the total stranger tennis coach would do this because?.......LOL

Who says he was a 'total stranger'? And in any case he might have assisted if Mark Warner wanted to be 'helpful'. I've no idea if he was involved but his statement is very garbled and leads me to be suspicious that he knows more that he says.

Which bit was garbled? And that leads to suspicions?

ETA not sure what you mean by Mark Warner wanting to be helpful

I'm relying on rolodog's account which is earlier on this thread.

And what I meant by Mark Warner wanting to be helpful, use your imagination, Inspector Frost , lead me not into defamation Lol !

Mrs Beeton

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum