The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Newintown on 17.02.13 13:10

[quote="Portia"]
candyfloss wrote:And here is the story advertising they were to appear on the Andrew Marr show just before the headline above.......

McCanns to appear on BBC One's Andrew Marr show

KATE and Gerry McCann will make a high-profile broadcast on BBC One’s Andrew Marr show today as they pray for Scotland Yard detectives to make a breakthrough in the case of their missing daughter Madeleine.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378198/McCanns-to-appear-on-BBC-One-s-Andrew-Marr-show

From above article...

Scotland Yard says there is no “time frame” for its review but officers are widely expected to make a statement on how far they have got around May 3, the anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.

Notice the last comment on -when SY call it quits- the McCs will have to consider how they will reopen their own costly investigation?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And the Express is not risking any comments.[/quote]

There were 2 comments earlier, according to the MM Forum, they've both been whooshed since. Both of them were very critical of the McCanns. One mentioned the suppression by the newspapers of the GA and TB trial and the McCanns spending £280,000 on lawyers, the 2nd one was about Gerry now biting the hand that fed them £millions into their Fund.

I can see why they were "whooshed".

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 13:16

Comments still there, on the latest story I posted on previous page....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.02.13 13:20

candyfloss wrote:Comments still there, on the latest story I posted on previous page....

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans[/quote[/url]]

Yes, I can see them now. When I checked about 30 minutes there was a message saying "Comments are not available for this article".

Oh dear, 3 against the McCanns and one saying K is "hot". He obviously wasn't wearing his glasses if he was watching the Andrew Marr show.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 13:26

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 13:31

candyfloss wrote:Comments still there, on the latest story I posted on previous page....

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans[/quote[/url]] What is the point I wonder of not using their names in the comments?

Choice by the Express or demand from them?
Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.02.13 13:33

[quote="Newintown"]

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans[/quote]

Yes, I can see them now. When I checked about 30 minutes there was a message saying "Comments are not available for this article".

Oh dear, 3 against the McCanns and one saying K is "hot". He obviously wasn't wearing his glasses if he was watching the Andrew Marr show.

Newintown, I just clicked on the link you give and this came up:

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 13:38

[quote="Mirage"]
@Newintown wrote:

Newintown, I just clicked on the link you give and this came up:

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?
This one mirage, that candyfloss put up
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/378248/McCanns-hit-out-at-press-plans
Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 17.02.13 13:55

Make-over - hair extensions. Probably after seeing the kind of pictures the papers now print.

Gerry has an amazing aerodynamic profile!

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.02.13 14:02

Gerry and Kate have SUCH a nerve saying the press are endangering Madeleine! THEY endangered her and now she has vanished off the face of the earth. Kate said they were watched, so if there had not been repeated neglect, there would have been no opportunity to be exploited.

Kate and Gerry (or whoever spies here on your behalf) …...
Just SHUT UP the pair of you, the British public AND the press AND David Cameron are ALL completely fed up with this endless whinging and demanding behaviour. The British public don't want everything changed at YOUR say-so. We don't respect the horrible way you've behaved these past 5 1/2 yrs, we don't agree with your inconsistent stories and we sure as hell DON'T want our press gagged. If you don't like the attention you so craved, stay OFF our TV screens, and shut the hell up so they don't keep bringing your name into the papers. YOU are doing this, creating this ridiculous hullaballoo wherever you go, just SHUT UP and stay at home and look after your twins. Leave everyone else alone and they will leave you alone. Before you left your kids alone, no-one knew who you were. You're famous for being selfish parents who want everything your own way. End of story.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 14:09

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Gerry and Kate have SUCH a nerve saying the press are endangering Madeleine! THEY endangered her and now she has vanished off the face of the earth. Kate said they were watched, so if there had not been repeated neglect, there would have been no opportunity to be exploited.

Just SHUT UP the pair of you, the British public AND the press AND David Cameron are ALL completely fed up with this endless whinging and demanding behaviour. The British public don't want everything changed at YOUR say-so. We don't respect the horrible way you've behaved these past 5 1/2 yrs, we don't agree with your inconsistent stories and we sure as hell DON'T want our press gagged. If you don't like the attention you so craved, stay OFF our TV screens, and shut the hell up so they don't keep bringing your name into the papers. YOU are doing this, creating this ridiculous hullaballoo wherever you go, just SHUT UP and stay at home and look after your twins. Leave everyone else alone and they will leave you alone. Before you left your kids alone, no-one knew who you were. You're famous for being selfish parents who want everything your own way. End of story.
Well said SM, not only the press but the internet must be gagged it seems. Plus there's the attempted book banning in Pt.

Maybe they have a coup planned where first they take control of the TV stations.
Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 14:31

@Spaniel wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Gerry and Kate have SUCH a nerve saying the press are endangering Madeleine! THEY endangered her and now she has vanished off the face of the earth. Kate said they were watched, so if there had not been repeated neglect, there would have been no opportunity to be exploited.

Well said SM, not only the press but the internet must be gagged it seems. Plus there's the attempted book banning in Pt.

Maybe they have a coup planned where first they take control of the TV stations.

Enter & Flourish: the Thought Police!

Auntie Beeb did a marvellous job, juxtaposing the Dynamic Duo to the ex-editor of the Sun, who admitted to having direct talks with the PM -albeit that the minutes thereof were not made available to Gerry, much to his chagrin- the soft spoken but oh-so clear speaking QC and last but not least the victim of childabuse by her mother Sineadd from Ireland. The editor of the program must have had a field day, putting two and three together.

Gerry frightens me no end however. He reminds me of the worst old days (Nazi and Soviet state censorship) and the bad present, where populist prattle from so many -both left and right wing- scares the hell out of so many well meaning democrats.

The man acts like a zealot, a man possessed. There is so much anger in him, it's scary to watch.

Where is his sense of perpsective? How could anyone normal attack a free and democratis press, claiming that they put your child at risk, when you yourself a. ignominously abandoned her, b. ingored the counsel of the PJ not to go public and c advertised her eye defect to the world and sundry, insuring that the first thing any real abductor would do was either kill her immediately of at the very least gouge out the telltale eyeball?

They look and act like being up against a wall of their own making, not Kate alone, bless her, but he too. Hopefully even the Beeb will from now on have pity on them and ignore them in future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Beeton on 17.02.13 14:58

I've just watched them on Andrew Marr (thanks to HiDeHo for posting the clip). Gerry wants a regulator to "protect the interests of the public". This is Newspeak a la George Orwell in 1984. He says he knows that the "vast majority of MPs" are in full support of Levinson. That should make the public very very suspicious if they weren't already.

Mrs Beeton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman on 17.02.13 15:25

After watching the Marr show, with the mccanns articulating

fairly well, and at times with an air of confidence and emotion,

I was wondering if the viewing public will ask themselves after

witnessing these two educated and fairly articulate people,

Why the hell did they need a spokesman for the past years??

I really do believe the 'penny is dropping' and people are not

as green as they're cabbage looking!

marxman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.02.13 15:37

Comments

I find it strange that the **** have courted the press since day 1 after **** went missing , Kate sold a story to a large paper about how she couldnt make love to Gerry , yet here we have Gerry **** complaining , they were not even hacked and he fronts the hacked off campaign , the Dowler family would have made better spokesperson IMO

Their brass neck is unbelievable. Used the press to the utmost when it suited and now? All getting a bit uncomfortable is it ?
Their phones were never hacked either but they seem to be hijacking Hacked Off for their own purposes.
How dare this miserable pair try to destroy our democratic freedoms so that they can present a sanitised image of themselves. My uncle didn't die in the trenches for the likes of you.
Read the Portuguese police files and get a greater insight into why they want supression of a free press

How dare the **** lambast a newspaper, accusing it of showing quote: "complete and utter contempt for ****'s safety. "(Andrew Marr Show today!)

I think you both showed contempt for ****'s safety when you left her in that apartment with her siblings. You followed it up when you advertised her coloboma round the globe against expert advice that she could come to harm. But, Dr ****, you thought it was quote "a good marketing ploy" didn't you?
Their brass neck is unbelievable. Used the press to the utmost when it suited and now? All getting a bit uncomfortable is it ?
Their phones were never hacked either but they seem to be hijacking Hacked Off for their own purposes.
How dare this miserable pair try to destroy our democratic freedoms so that they can present a sanitised image of themselves. My uncle didn't die in the trenches for the likes of you.
Read the Portuguese police files and get a greater insight into why they want supression of a free press

How dare the **** lambast a newspaper, accusing it of showing quote: "complete and utter contempt for ****'s safety. "(Andrew Marr Show today!)
I think you both showed contempt for ****'s safety when you left her in that apartment with her siblings. You followed it up when you advertised her coloboma round the globe against expert advice that she could come to harm. But, Dr ****, you thought it was quote "a good marketing ploy" didn't you?

THE EXPRESS WAS THE only paper brave enough to take on these liars ,NO EVIDENCE OF AND ABDUCTION YET THE SMELL OF DEATH in the flat the car and Kate **** clothes

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.02.13 15:41

@Mrs Beeton wrote:I've just watched them on Andrew Marr (thanks to HiDeHo for posting the clip). Gerry wants a regulator to "protect the interests of the public". This is Newspeak a la George Orwell in 1984. He says he knows that the "vast majority of MPs" are in full support of Leveson. That should make the public very very suspicious if they weren't already.
Just another reminder that back in December I began a petition on the Prime Minister's website IN SUPPORT OF increased SELF-regulation of the press - and IN OPPOSITION to Leveson-style state regulation as demanded by the McCanns, here's the link if you would like to sign - and please tell others about it:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582

Slowly but surely we're catching up with the numbers on the pro-Leveson petition, which was started before mine.

The NHS scandals currnetly being exposed by whistleblowers and our press are all the proof we need that we need a robust free press, even if sometimes it does get things wrong...

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.02.13 15:45

There is a point when Gerry is as usual in full flow and EM tries
to ask a question based on what he is saying. Gerry mentioned his own individual circumstances. Gerry ignores EM and just
continues pontificating. Reminds me of one of those bores at a dinner
table who hold court thinking everyone is entranced by what he/she is
saying , no thought given to any comment that might intrude on your
"speech ", just carry on with your agenda...and that nasal whiney
voice........give me strength.

Intreresting to note that this had been well run- through re what would be asked and who
would reply. Kate hardly took her eyes off Gerry when he spoke, and
turned to EM as if she knew that Gerry had finished what he wanted to say. She
usually turned from EM to Gerry once a question asked , knowing he was
the one to reply.
She barely spoke, and when she did ,although Gerry paid attention to her, it was fleeting ; his gaze wandered towards EM.
An interesting dynamic.

No sense of irony as usual from Mr McCann, his daughter's safety is treated with contempt by the media.

No real passion in their voices over this hot topic. She sounded irritated and
annoyed that what they want is not forthcoming, saying a reply from an editor made her blood boil was stated in a voice devoid of emotion. He was full of
predictable cliche -ridden politician -speak.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.02.13 16:21

quote Spaniel:
This one mirage, that candyfloss put up

Thanks Spaniel.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 17.02.13 16:24

This was rehearsed, not a live interview. Kate herself wrote in the diary that they sometimes rehearsed interviews for hours.
She is not very articulate and motormouth Gerry probably needs her hand on his thigh to tell him to stop at some point.
Gerry's hair was so shorn that it looked as if he was just out of prison. big grin

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Beeton on 17.02.13 16:26

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Mrs Beeton wrote:I've just watched them on Andrew Marr (thanks to HiDeHo for posting the clip). Gerry wants a regulator to "protect the interests of the public". This is Newspeak a la George Orwell in 1984. He says he knows that the "vast majority of MPs" are in full support of Leveson. That should make the public very very suspicious if they weren't already.
Just another reminder that back in December I began a petition on the Prime Minister's website IN SUPPORT OF increased SELF-regulation of the press - and IN OPPOSITION to Leveson-style state regulation as demanded by the McCanns, here's the link if you would like to sign - and please tell others about it:

Slowly but surely we're catching up with the numbers on the pro-Leveson petition, which was started before mine.

The NHS scandals currnetly being exposed by whistleblowers and our press are all the proof we need that we need a robust free press, even if some times it does get things wrong...

I was one of the early signers of your petition; I read about it while I was a lurker on this site and signed it right away (with my real name!). I'm glad you reminded me of the link. We should all be encouraging people to sign it. I will put it on my fb page.

Mrs Beeton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.02.13 16:27

Every time the McCann duo utter a word, there is a Tsunami of anger from the public, is this the press' plan? Is this how they will get their revenge? Keep printing and giving these two airtime, and without actually doing anything, they are letting the Mc's ruin themselves. Just a thought.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 17.02.13 16:41

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.02.13 16:42

some comments on youtube :

They tour the world when sources of new sightings come out, you find
them on the other side of the Planet doing talk shows, I'm starting to
think she doesn't even exist & it's a distraction from something
else Sad

Gag, Gag, Gag. Brilliant, as usual, Hideho!

Kate - I'd like to see the response from the editor that you say you
received because I believe you to be, at best, economical with the truth
and at worst... I won't go into your worst. If Gerry and Kate had the
power to silence the world - they would.

Is this the same woman who wrote in her book about her thoughts of
Madeleine's precious parts being torn apart? Is this the woman who said
she would forgive and pray for the person who took her daughter but for
the policeman that gave up his life looking for the truth she called
him a fucking tosser. Vile woman. She has no place to speak out on
anything at all other than her own fucking shame.

"We still have episodes that we have published that we would rather not have published".

Please , please will someone stop this merry go round once and for all.

Gerry is not giving her a hand to hold onto.  The body language in this speaks volumes.

Child neglectors the force behind the annihilation of the Free Press.

I don't think so.

Liar, liar, pants on fire! Talking about Madeleine's safety? Here's an
idea. Don't leave your kids alone while you go out boozing. Don't drug
them so you won't be disturbed at night. Don't lie to your remaining
children, because one day they will find out the truth.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 17.02.13 16:50

@Tony Bennett wrote:

The NHS scandals currnetly being exposed by whistleblowers and our press are all the proof we need that we need a robust free press, even if sometimes it does get things wrong...

I can.t sign as I now live in Holland
celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 17.02.13 17:20

So, Gerry wants a regulator to protect the interests of the public.

But if I remember correctly, Sir Christopher Meyer stated publically at a Select Committee that he had told Gerry that the Press Complaints Commission could stop all negative stories from appearing in the papers. But, he advised them that such an action would bring them no financial compensation for the stories that had been published ; he confirmed that he told the McCanns that if it was money they were after, they would have to sue.

So, there were already remedies in place that could have stopped the "hurtful" press coverage. but these would have brought no financial benefit. So they were not pursued.

Speaks volumes about priorities, doesn't it?

mydadsanastronaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 17:23

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Every time the McCann duo utter a word, there is a Tsunami of anger from the public, is this the press' plan? Is this how they will get their revenge? Keep printing and giving these two airtime, and without actually doing anything, they are letting the Mc's ruin themselves. Just a thought.
Nice thought but rather too hopeful I suspect.

Most people it seems want to do their job and pay the mortgage, all the while keeping their head down. I daresay that goes for editors as well. Their main responsibility is to their advertisers, which is the real reason the NOTW closed, they were tainted and no one wanted to advertise with them.

The days of gutsy journalists and editors with freedom to expose swindling Councils and the like have long gone. I suspect they're more likely to sit in front of a computer waiting for a release from the Press Association or the likes of Clarence and similar, rather than doorstepping.

Even in PdL, the press presence was contained. Quote from a Trip Advisor reviewer on holiday at MW in August 2007.
"The press was at a distance and I didn't feel their presence around."

I wasn't convinced that the press were camped outside the McCann's front door, terrifying the children as they stated. When I watched the news, the press were at the end of the private cul de sac, on the main road, guarded by police to prevent entry.
I remember the postman being waved through.
Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum