The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Mm11

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Mm11

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Regist10

Not in my children's lifetimes Dr. Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Empty Not in my children's lifetimes Dr. Roberts

Post by tigger 13.02.13 21:28

Dr Martin Roberts
13 February 2013

NOT IN MY CHILDREN's LIFETIMES...

...would I wish to see Dr Gerry McCann's, or for that matter his wife's voice influence the legislation of this land. And no, I am not just an envious forker. I'm forking angry. Angry that anyone should attempt to gain social or other advantage at the expense of a child's life (see Shakespeare's Henry V, Act 4 Scene 7). Let it not be forgotten that Gerry McCann the orator is one and the same person as he who, since early May 2007, has done more to ensure that his missing daughter stays missing than he has ever done to repatriate her.

For the benefit of those who might need reminding:

Action

PJ instruction – 'No media!'

Portuguese legal requirement – judicial secrecy.

Early reports of sighting in Malta

Appeal for information via a web site

McCann response

Alert UK broadcasters

Disclose details to David James Smith

Embark on campaign of 'phone calls home on 07/09/2007

Visit Spain

Illegally deploy private investigators

Fly home after questioning and appoint an extradition lawyer

Incorporate a faux contact button

Etcetera, etcetera.

Gerry McCann has, it seems, spoken of his fears that David Cameron might be prepared to water down the proposals of the Leveson enquiry. "If our testimony was in vain it would be a permanent stain on the reputation of this government," he said.

As permanent a stain, no doubt, as once appeared on a pair of child's pyjamas six years ago. Almost. Still, it would be on this government's reputation. Unlike the previous administration of arrivistes, who have the McCanns personally to thank for the stain on theirs; not one but two Labour prime ministers saluted the McCann flag. Small wonder then that the campaigning doctor is tilting at the other side. He obviously knows on which side his bread has been buttered.

Apparently Dr Gerry McCann and his wife Kate have been harassed by newspapers which made "profit from misery." Unlike Kate McCann's novel, Madeleine, which, as much a work of fiction as anything else, largely excludes the subject it purports to discuss and proudly announces via a 'flash' on the book's jacket, 'All royalties donated to Madeleine's fund.' (That's the fund which has been paying for those two 'searchers' long since given their P45s). Strange, but there appears to be no itemisation of 'author's royalties' within the company (i.e., the fund) accounts. As others have pointed out, 'book income' (after publication) doesn't seem quite the appropriate definition. Perhaps someone should break it gently to Transworld publishers that, should any or all of these royalties have actually gone elsewhere, then they could find themselves to have been party to mis-representation, since the inducement to purchase was clearly printed by them and not affixed to the product subsequently.

But we are considering profit from misery are we not? Would anyone care to weigh the misery of the McCanns against that of their missing daughter, who benefits not one iota from book sales, who never got to tour Europe, holiday in Canada, visit the USA or Scandinavia? And never will.

He said: "To keep his promises all he (Prime Minster David Cameron) has to do is follow what Leveson said and put the Leveson recommendations into law through parliament without meddling in back door dealing and without checking that the press is happy with it."

All he has to do? Sounds a tad more complicated than posting a letter to the Portuguese Justice department requesting they re-open the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. Whatever happened to 'We would be more than happy for the case to be reopened?' 'More than happy' is clearly not happy enough for some. And what’s all this about 'back door dealing?' Is Dr McCann speaking from experience here?

Referring to the Parliamentary Select Committee on the media (2010) Dr Gerry, who believes his 'phone has never been hacked, told his audience at the Hacked Off Conference:

"Three years later, I see little remorse, no contrition. Sections of the press are still in denial. The sick culture has not changed, and they can't be trusted to change it of their own accord.

"If you look at the reporting of the Leveson Inquiry and the behaviour of some newspapers since then, it's clear that they aren't sorry and they still think they should not have to answer to anyone when they publish harmful lies and distortions."

This coming from someone who clearly took the hypocritic oath.

Six years after the McCanns as good as admitted child abandonment, but nothing else, there is little remorse, no contrition. It's clear that they aren't sorry and they still think they should not have to answer to anyone when they publish harmful lies and distortions (such as resulted from their joint performance before the Leveson inquiry - see 'Digging Beneath the Surface,' McCannFiles 28.11. 2011, and that poor excuse for a 'tear jerker' written by Kate).

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Empty Re: Not in my children's lifetimes Dr. Roberts

Post by plebgate 13.02.13 21:42

Dr. Martin Roberts "I'm forking angry" love it.
Excellent piece yet again.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Not in my children's lifetimes    Dr. Roberts Empty Re: Not in my children's lifetimes Dr. Roberts

Post by olipet 13.02.13 22:45

Dr Roberts: BRAVO clapping
olipet

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by krisy22 13.02.13 22:50

Brilliant work once again from Dr Roberts
krisy22
krisy22

Activity : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 13.02.13 22:58

Brilliantly written assessment of the situation

GM just doesn't know when to shut up and is oblivious to the irony of what he's saying
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 13.02.13 23:07

Dont worry Dr Roberts the pipsqueak thug is going nowhere,
his credentials will make sure of that
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 8:31

A great piece of work, Dr Martin Roberts has certainly got GM's number.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top