The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by olipet on 11.02.13 18:22

Oh the irony and the hypocrisy ad nauseum. stfu puke

olipet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 18:29

This from a freelance journo for Sky and BBC

mraaanderson‏@mraaanderson

Bizarre speech from Gerry McCann doesn't acknowledge long period when he sought media attention and developed sophisticated PR machine.

Back to top Go down

Post by brilynn on 11.02.13 18:35

Just watched BBC News,not even a whisper re Mr and Mrs MaCaans "demands"!!!!!Good,good good!!Surprised Kate didn,t get a personal message to the Pope to delay announcing his retirement to.day!!!

brilynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 18:46

I really think it's bad form of the Pope to have stolen the limelight today.

No sign yet of a recording of Gerry's speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.02.13 18:49

@brilynn wrote:Just watched BBC News,not even a whisper re Mr and Mrs MaCaans "demands"!!!!!Good,good good!!Surprised Kate didn,t get a personal message to the Pope to delay announcing his retirement to.day!!!

thumbsup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 18:52

@jd wrote:
@brilynn wrote:Just watched BBC News,not even a whisper re Mr and Mrs MaCaans "demands"!!!!!Good,good good!!Surprised Kate didn,t get a personal message to the Pope to delay announcing his retirement to.day!!!

Not anything on Sky website that I can see either.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 11.02.13 19:01

I actually had to type Gerry McCann into the search bar of the Guardian to find any article. It was in the Greenslade Blog. Yes, it's a b****r the Pope throwing the towel in today of all days.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.02.13 19:13

candyfloss wrote:Hmm talking of a responsible press, anyone hear anyone from the 'hacked off' campaign mention anything about the poor victims who are publicised and photographed all over the media as sightings of Madeleine? Has anyone thought to warn the press about their media intrusion in relation to these sightings , with the poor children having DNA samples taken etc. I'm sure the parents of all these children over the years are hacked off too. NO sighting should be publicised, except on the say so of the police force dealing with it. This is press intrusion at its worst imo, these poor families don't deserve it, they have done nothing to warrant it.
The Croatian national footballer whose two-year-old toddler was nearly wrenched out of his hands, mistaken for Madeleine...and the British father marched down to the police station from the petrol station where he was filling up his car, and quizzed for several hours because someone thought his daughter looked like Madeleine...and the young blonde girl seen on CCTV in a New Zealand supermarket.

And that's just three sightings.

Multiply these sightings several hundred-fold - and how many man hours of time have been taken up with them - and in how many countries?

Police called...

...children and parents interviewed...

...CCTV examined...

...alerts put out...

...DNA tests sent half-way across the planet...

There's a significant cost to it all.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 19:16

They don't seem happy with the Prime Minister..........

Gerry McCann warns David Cameron over 'permanent stain' to Government record if Leveson inquiry recommendations do not become law

Campaign group Hacked Off 'given little encouragement' that proposals would be implemented in full

[snipped]

Brian Cathcart, director of Hacked Off, told the meeting that he had just come from a meeting with the Prime Minister at Downing Street at which had been given little encouragement that Lord Justice Leveson’s proposals would be implemented in full. “We had no reassurance from the Prime Minister,” he said. “There seemed to be, in his language, compromises with the press.”

Mr Cathcart said he had been “non-plussed” to arrive at Downing Street and see Paul Dacre, editor-in-chief of the Daily Mail, emerging from his own meeting with Mr Cameron.

After publication of the Leveson report in November, Mr Cameron said that introducing regulation with underpinning in law would amount to the crossing of a “Rubicon” in Britain’s long history of a free press. A Royal Charter is seen by the Conservatives as a viable way of introducing the judge’s proposals without use of statute

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/gerry-mccann-warns-david-cameron-over-permanent-stain-to-government-record-if-leveson-inquiry-recommendations-do-not-become-law-8490533.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 19:21

@PeterMac wrote:I wonder who wrote that. It does not sound like his normal use of English.
edited to add-
On second thoughts he still cannot get his head round the accusative "me".
"It is Kate and I"
So perhaps he did write some of it.

I X 8
Kate X 4
We X 19
My X 2
Our X 19

Total X 52

Madeleine is mentioned twice.

Back to top Go down

A SLIGHT REWRITE

Post by russiandoll on 11.02.13 19:22

We are at a
crossroads. In one direction, ask for the case to be reopened, state that we will assist the Portuguese authorities with a reconstruction. In the other, we can sue, sue oh and in case I forgot anything.........sue the *ss of anyone who questions our story.

Our
elected politicians face a critical choice. They can either do what
integrity demands
– wholeheartedly and properly – or they can turn
their backs on the Maddie issue,
and turn their backs on all victims of
crime.

Kate and I had the misfortune to suffer the worst that the press could throw at us [ but we got / get into bed with them when they went along /go along with our agenda.]

• We were labelled as murderers without a shred of evidence. [ yes, a disgrace ; but there was not a shred of evidence of abduction either ]

• Stories were published saying our daughter was dead – over and over again, with no evidence. [ oh really ? ]

• We were subjected to round-the-clock intrusion at a time of terrible stress, with photographers camped outside our door. [ but we were happy when it suited our agenda to pose for press photos ]

• We were intimidated. Our young children, especially, were scared out of their wits. [even more than they were scared of being left alone night after night on that holiday ]

• My wife’s private diary, revealing her innermost thoughts in her darkest days, was published without her consent. [ "mentally raped ", according to Kate, but unusual in that she afterwards consented to get into bed with a " rapist "]

• Rumours were dressed up as the truth [ you mean the abduction rumour? rumours about paedophile gangs in Portugal? rumours about the eggman? and other sightings ? ]

and downright lies became front-page news. [ Maddie abducted? Bumbling ,
sardine- munching Portuguese cops? Friend of the group saw Maddie's abductor? ]

The
slurs went on for months- due to our best efforts: [ no-one but us was looking, police took hours to arrive, restaurant book let strangers know we were leaving our children unattended ]

People say: ‘Your experience was so
unusual, we can’t draw any lessons from it.’ Well I disagree. Our
experience was extreme, but it was a consequence of the same sick
culture that led to the abuse of many other people, some of whom are
here in this room today. [ looking in the mirror ?]

An insatiable hunt for headlines
combined with a total lack of respect for other people. The mentality
that can turn a family’s distress into cold, hard cash. Profit from
misery. [ again, looking in the mirror ? ]

In our case it led to the sacrifice, not only of the
truth, but of the dignity of
our missing daughter, Madeleine.

I believe we have a responsibility, as decent citizens in a democratic and caring society, to learn lessons from it. [ oh yes]

Six years later,there is little remorse,
no contrition. Sections of the press are still in denial. The sick
culture has not changed, and they can’t be trusted to change it of their
own accord.
[/i]

If you look at the reporting of the
Madeleine case
and the behaviour of some newspapers since then, it’s clear that they
aren’t sorry and they still think should publish harmful lies and distortions. INDEED THEY DO.

WE ARE AT A CROSSROADS.......
LIBEL LAWYERS CLEARLY CAN TAKE CARE OF PUBLISHED LIES. TIME TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM TO UNCOVER WHAT IS BEING COVERED UP.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.02.13 19:28

Finn wrote:
I X 8
Kate X 4
We X 19
My X 2
Our X 19

Total X 52

Madeleine is mentioned twice.
Thats the important & significant part

me, we, I, us, our......Oh yes and Madeleine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 19:32

We were labelled as murderers without a shred of evidence.

I can't ever remember any paper or media accusing them of murder, can anyone else? Some papers repeated the PJ papers where they said Madeleine had died accidentally, but murder??

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 11.02.13 20:00

REMINDER:

If you disagree with Gerry's strident demand that the government implement Leveson in full - or else - then please sign Tony's petition, on the Prime Minister's website, which OPPOSES Leveson's demand for state control of the press, here's the link once again:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582

It had reached 1,319 signatures earlier today.

And please send on the link to as many others as you can

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 11.02.13 20:04

Gerald McCann repeating his Goebbels-inspired propaganda "The-ers aah-bso-lutely no-aw eh-vidence to implicate Keet-an-I" is like a ruddy drill going through my head.

But he's programmed to repeat this and other guff - on and on and on until no one is left listening and the world is shouting and

My abiding wish is to see him being helped into a little white jacket that buttons down the back and bundled down a tunnel with no light at the end, his mantra growing fainter and fainter until we all feel deep peace.

Deo gratias, hoc die that Il papa stole the headlines and spared us all more suffering.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 11.02.13 21:41

Hijacker on a kamikaze mission springs to mind.
pop2

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.02.13 22:15

I think it's quite clear from the speech that Gerry will be a much better prime minister than Cameron.

Seems to be the underlying message. spit coffee

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.02.13 22:23

Oh, give me a break ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 11.02.13 23:50

Candyfloss : Gerry McCann warns David Cameron over 'permanent stain' to Government record if Leveson inquiry recommendations do not become law

If a stain's your worry, Kate's your woman. She'll have it washed out and dried by bedtime.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 12.02.13 0:21

For almost six years Kate and Gerry McCann have claimed their daughter was abducted by a paedophile, or a paedophile ring. On page 129 of her book ‘Madeleine’, Kate McCann made horrific reference to her daughter’s imagined injuries at the hands of the supposed child-abuser/abductor, a reference too graphic even for the Sun newspaper to publish. The type of perverted individual/s the McCanns claim abducted Madeleine, have continuously used the libel laws of this country to protect themselves from public exposure and prosecution. We know for instance that throughout their lives, Savile and Smith abused hundreds of vulnerable children. Both men were able to do so because they had libel lawyers threaten the press whenever it was on the verge of exposing them.

There are many like Savile and Smith, and as the various UK child abuse investigations progress we will no doubt hear a lot more about how other child abusers managed to escape justice via UK libel laws. Why do the McCanns want to censor the press further, which will restrict its investigations, when they know it is already hamstrung by laws that enable such people to harm children with impunity? The McCanns are obviously fully aware of the mental and physical damage caused by chid abuse and you would think, given their claims about Madeleine’s fate, that they would be absolutely passionate about bringing those who prey on children to justice regardless of who they are. What is a few months of negative media coverage compared to the suffering endured by their daughter and other children?

The McCanns could have brought a halt to much of the coverage in 2007 simply by making a formal complaint to the PCC. Sir Christopher Meyer, who was on the scene within 48 hours of Madeleine’s disappearance, confirmed as much at Leveson, but he said they declined to do so and chose to wait until 2008 to sue the Express etc. Kate and Gerry were very well recompensed by the media and have benefited greatly from it, in fact it has generally acted like their own personal PR company. The media could have taken a strictly factual approach and reported the real story, instead it has gone along with the McCanns campaign, omitting anything even slightly detrimental to them. They should be campaigning for more freedom of the press, not less.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 12.02.13 0:33

I can't believe the bare faced cheek of him! Whatever it is that he has to hide should not be used to change our right to a free press. It would be a charter for all sorts of creeps to hide all sorts of unsavoury behaviour.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 12.02.13 0:35

@tasprin wrote:For almost six years Kate and Gerry McCann have claimed their daughter was abducted by a paedophile, or a paedophile ring. On page 129 of her book ‘Madeleine’, Kate McCann made horrific reference to her daughter’s imagined injuries at the hands of the supposed child-abuser/abductor, a reference too graphic even for the Sun newspaper to publish. The type of perverted individual/s the McCanns claim abducted Madeleine, have continuously used the libel laws of this country to protect themselves from public exposure and prosecution. We know for instance that throughout their lives, Savile and Smith abused hundreds of vulnerable children. Both men were able to do so because they had libel lawyers threaten the press whenever it was on the verge of exposing them.

There are many like Savile and Smith, and as the various UK child abuse investigations progress we will no doubt hear a lot more about how other child abusers managed to escape justice via UK libel laws. Why do the McCanns want to censor the press further, which will restrict its investigations, when they know it is already hamstrung by laws that enable such people to harm children with impunity? The McCanns are obviously fully aware of the mental and physical damage caused by chid abuse and you would think, given their claims about Madeleine’s fate, that they would be absolutely passionate about bringing those who prey on children to justice regardless of who they are. What is a few months of negative media coverage compared to the suffering endured by their daughter and other children?

The McCanns could have brought a halt to much of the coverage in 2007 simply by making a formal complaint to the PCC. Sir Christopher Meyer, who was on the scene within 48 hours of Madeleine’s disappearance, confirmed as much at Leveson, but he said they declined to do so and chose to wait until 2008 to sue the Express etc. Kate and Gerry were very well recompensed by the media and have benefited greatly from it, in fact it has generally acted like their own personal PR company. The media could have taken a strictly factual approach and reported the real story, instead it has gone along with the McCanns campaign, omitting anything even slightly detrimental to them. They should be campaigning for more freedom of the press, not less.

goodpost It is clear to me that it is the government elite rings that are working from behind the mccanns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 12.02.13 0:57

I'm not sure about that jd, why are they always whining that no-one is helping them? Are they giving a false impression of the amount of support they have? They are old hands at media games, and take chances (probably the megalomania) - they openly challenged Theresa May and described her words as fluffy. Why are they pushing for answers, when answers should by all accounts, be the last thing they really want. It is a puzzle.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.02.13 2:56

Oh come on, as if they care about the Pope? Gone are the days when kate said "Rome is preparing itself".
And the mousy-hair creature with a pink aspect has lost his talent if Gerry's speech is anything to go by.

If Op Grange is worth its salt then hopefully Portugal is preparing itself to receive the pair of doctors.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.02.13 4:36

candyfloss wrote:They don't seem happy with the Prime Minister..........

Gerry McCann warns David Cameron over 'permanent stain' to Government record if Leveson inquiry recommendations do not become law

Campaign group Hacked Off 'given little encouragement' that proposals would be implemented in full

[snipped]

Brian Cathcart, director of Hacked Off, told the meeting that he had just come from a meeting with the Prime Minister at Downing Street at which had been given little encouragement that Lord Justice Leveson’s proposals would be implemented in full. “We had no reassurance from the Prime Minister,” he said. “There seemed to be, in his language, compromises with the press.”

Mr Cathcart said he had been “non-plussed” to arrive at Downing Street and see Paul Dacre, editor-in-chief of the Daily Mail, emerging from his own meeting with Mr Cameron.

After publication of the Leveson report in November, Mr Cameron said that introducing regulation with underpinning in law would amount to the crossing of a “Rubicon” in Britain’s long history of a free press. A Royal Charter is seen by the Conservatives as a viable way of introducing the judge’s proposals without use of statute

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/gerry-mccann-warns-david-cameron-over-permanent-stain-to-government-record-if-leveson-inquiry-recommendations-do-not-become-law-8490533.html

If anything, calling for Leveson's law to be implemented should come from Milly Dowler's parents for whom the Hack Inquiry was mooted for; and NOT the Mccanns who piggy-backed onto it conveniently when they were hacked victims according to their pink spoken creature.

Even the Royal family who suffered far worst intrusion by the press over the decades if not centuries - what with Diana-gate, Camilla-gate, Fergie-gate Harry-gate etc etc - maintains their dignity by remaining silence. Why can't Gerry STFU?

Most hack victims just put down the hack as horrible experience and difficult time of their life but at the end of the day they just want to get on with their life in dignity and in relative peace, It begs the obvious question why the Mccanns continue to want to hoard the limelight? Could it be because they realized they cannot recover from their ruined reputation despite the shelving of their case? And that their "self-claimed" exoneration is not having the impact/effect they desired; and that regardless of the shelving they find that people still disbelieve their abduction fable.

The one possible explanation as to why they continue these ingrateful actions against the UK government that had helped them tremendously may be because they find themselves still shun by their friends and society. Maybe Gerry finds colleagues still giving him the funny eyes and whispering behind his back.

If one's conscience is clear it does not matter, and would not bother one, what people did or said.
But if one's hiding a big secret one is not free from the ceaseless imagination always suspecting that people are viewing you with suspicions and generally pointing their finger behind your back. Fear is a terrible thing - fear propels the Mccanns to bite the hands that feed them. How they think their acton can pre-empt the eventual day of doom and gloom is an enigma. If they think a state-regulated press is going to spare them the mercy of the Press when their shit hits the fan they are seriously deluded.

No one is fooled that they did this for the general good of the public. They are doing it for themselves out of fear - it's all part of their reputation salvation exercise.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum