The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Regist10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by nospinnaker 13.02.13 22:11

If the 'victim doctors' are putting it about that they want the Scotland Yard Review to continue I would be tempted to interpret that snippet as an indication that they've heard it will indeed continue.

Their publicised wish is merely to make it look like it's their idea.
nospinnaker

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Mirage 13.02.13 23:45

There's an item on Sky News called "Gerry McCann:- Make Leveson's Proposals Law"

It looks as if Cameron has wound him up something shocking, and I'm guessing it's to do with Hacked Off arriving at No 10 yesterday to spot two departing Editors who'd come to put their side of things first - ha ha.

There is a link from this piece into an article written for Online Sky by "Himself". towit:"Leveson without the Law is no change".

Sounds like someone spat his dummy out because a certain keynote speech wasn't reported the length and breadth of the kingdom.

Considering KM tried to stop him upsetting the PM last time around, it sounds as if they may just have a difference of approach. That would be a handy bifurcation at this point.

Oh, the irony! That the McCs should find themselves talking to a brick wall. It's a kind of justice.

But Cameron ain't gonna budge. Even HE realises that to be seen pandering to this pair again would be certain electoral suicide.

Nevermind Gerald McCann's assertion of 75% of the population voting to be denied reportage of his eventual banging to rights. More like 75% of 2000 I hear.

But as the old saying goes: "Confusion is good".
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 14.02.13 0:01

Gery Mccanns assertion that 75% of the population support this is as credible as his assertion that cadaver dogs are wrong three quarters of the time, blatant lie
rotfl
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 14.02.13 0:11

Love this comment on the Yahoo article.

"Stories were published saying our daughter was dead - over and over again, with no evidence," he said.

And stories were published over and over again stating that the McCanns said she'd been kidnapped when there is absolutely not one piece of evidence that it was true.
Didnt mind that being published though did they.
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.02.13 0:21

Inspectorfrost wrote:Gery Mccanns assertion that 75% of the population support this is as credible as his assertion that cadaver dogs are wrong three quarters of the time, blatant lie
rotfl
Exactly. yes
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafylane 14.02.13 11:58

I'm shocked at the level of opposition against the implementation of the Leveson Report on this forum.

Have you forgotten Chris Jefferies, in the Joanna Yeates case? The Press accused him of being a sexual pervert and of having a paedaphile as a friend amongst other vile and completely untrue accusations. CJ describes that time as 'The worst time of my life'.

I dread to think what that innocent man's life would be like now if the real culprit had not been caught. They would have continued to crucify him for profit, and so influence the public's opinion of him. His life would be in ruins.

It is this sort of press reporting that the Leveson Report is against and which recommends action designed to remedy it.

I can't see anything wrong in that at all.
Leafylane

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 14.02.13 12:10

Leafylane wrote:I'm shocked at the level of opposition against the implementation of the Leveson Report on this forum.

Have you forgotten Chris Jefferies, in the Joanna Yeates case? The Press accused him of being a sexual pervert and of having a paedaphile as a friend amongst other vile and completely untrue accusations. CJ describes that time as 'The worst time of my life'.

I dread to think what that innocent man's life would be like now if the real culprit had not been caught. They would have continued to crucify him for profit, and so influence the public's opinion of him. His life would be in ruins.

It is this sort of press reporting that the Leveson Report is against and which recommends action designed to remedy it.

xxxxxxxx

You think that because of one or two instances where good practice has not been followed the whole of the democratic free press ideal should be forsaken?

Sledgehammers and nuts spring to mind.

There's enough censorship in this country already, as we have seen from recent activity by people not a million miles from the subject of this forum, who use it to ensure that people are afraid to discuss certain subjects for fear of being mercilessly pursued through the courts and their physical freedom, financial solvency and probably their mental state all put at risk as a result.

We are not a police state, though it's beginning to feel as if we are.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.02.13 12:32

Hacked Off isn't a bunch of ordinary citizens who have found themselves victims of the tabloid press getting together to challenge the parameters of decency. Have a look at Hacked Off's website. You can even make a donation to their COMPANY (they appeal for funds) to support their 'cause'. Hacked Off laser-lit the Houses of Parliament with their poll results even though anyone from anywhere could vote. Have a good look at Hacked Off's website and make up your own mind. That's what I did and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.02.13 12:53

Leafylane wrote:I'm shocked at the level of opposition against the implementation of the Leveson Report on this forum.

An appalling situation, for sure, re Chris Jefferies. But sufficient laws are already in place. They just need rigorous implementation.

I believe Chris Jefferies has received a substantial payout and he has been fully and vociferously vindicated. Never enough, I know. But all that is humanly possible to right a dreadful wrong has been done and his innocence is fully recognised up and down the land.

Let me ask if, from all that you have learned about the conduct of the political classes in recent times, you feel reassured that a state-controlled press would be a sensible move? Don't forget the celebrities and others with money and something to hide who will use the situation to promote a false image of themselves.

We have already seen how super injunctions have been used by the rich and powerful in society to hide behind. From Andrew Marr to Ryan Giggs. And don't forget the Ryan Giggs' girlfriend who was hung out to dry and vilified while he fought tooth and nail to remain anonymous.

Investigative journalism will die a death - so forget about corruption in high places being exposed. Is that what you really think is in the best interests of society? - that we never find out about covert nepotism, about fraud, about responsibility for deaths in the NHS, about cash for questions and all the rest of it. All because the likes of Carter Ruck might be threatening hard-pressed editors of national newspapers every five minutes with legal action.

What you are looking at is not a perfect world, granted. But do you really think the solution lies in handing more power over to those who have a track record of abusing the power they already have? Think of MPs redacted expenses claims before you answer.

I believe the Royal Charter plan being proposed by ministers, whereby the IPCC would be overseen by a recognition panel, may be the sensible option in a modern democracy.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.02.13 13:00

Marvellous post Mirage.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.02.13 13:09

plebgate wrote:Marvellous post Mirage.

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 1956175960plebgate.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 14.02.13 13:12

Leafylane - No one can deny how badly the press treated chris Jeffries, it was disgusting. And the culprits will pay through the legal facilities already in place and by losing their reputations. Chris Jeffries has certainly had his reputation cleared and is yet to receive compensation I believe. Of course, the people who want the press gagged will jump on cases like this as if they are common. Overall there is nothing wrong with the system that`s already in place if the police and PCC did their job properly. Personally I would be highly suspicious of anyone that wants to stifle reporting - there`s usually only one reason and that`s because they want to restrict investigation into their spurrious goings on. I`m not saying hacking and gutter reporting should continue at all, I`m just saying that Hacked-Off are using these examples to over-react and cause an outcome which is far far worse - the slippery slope to something akin to a communist or fascist regime. It can be sorted via our present laws.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 14.02.13 15:13

I haven't followed the Levenson inquiries to well. I do agree on one thing though: I think all those people using the media to paint a rosy picture of their bad behavior and characters should be silenced immediately. Starting with the McCanns, who have proven to be the biggest media pimps.

God, I love that photo in the Guardian. It shows them for what they are.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 14.02.13 15:52

I'm totally with Mirage on this. An excellent post, if ever there was one.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 14.02.13 16:26

Excellent post Mirage. You articulated what I've spent the last three days trying to come out with very well Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 259100
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 14.02.13 16:29

what picture, lj?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 16:30

In my opinion the problem with the press is not in the freedom they have (which, it's true, they sometimes abuse), but in their lack of diversity of viewpoint. There are too many newspapers and news channels in too few hands. But Lord Leveson didn't seem to have a problem with that and or indeed with Jeremy Hunt's relationship with News Corp when they were lobbying to take over BSkyB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie 14.02.13 16:31

Maybe this one?

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 Gerry-McCann-Hacked-Off--008
chrissie

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 16:33

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/09/gerry-mccann-leveson-inquiry-press-control-laws

Maybe this one where he seems to be chewing a wasp?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie 14.02.13 16:41

Jean wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/09/gerry-mccann-leveson-inquiry-press-control-laws

Maybe this one where he seems to be chewing a wasp?

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 5 110921 That's when they were going to Leveson
chrissie

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostfridge 14.02.13 16:46

That's the flattest head I have ever seen.
Lostfridge
Lostfridge

Activity : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.02.13 16:56

Some Mail comments
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277943/Madeleine-McCann-DNA-tests-prove-New-Zealand-girl-NOT-missing-Maddie.html

Fancy that!

They would have more luck doing the DNA tests on a value burger.

'The fund's directors said: 'Income from the book has significantly improved the position' None of that money has improved Madeleine's position, has it? That poor child.

Please stop ! We have had stories about this missing girl for six years now. It is time that the "sad faced" parents just accept that and get on with their lives.

Latest reports are that the McCanns have spent over £4m in court cases. So that is where the "Fund" has gone.

Oh well there's a surprise, I suspect she's long gone.

There was never the faintest likelihood that it was MM. She disappeared on the day she went missing and was never going to reappear.It's illogical, erverse and sentimental to expect her to be found. - Kate Evans , Nottingham, United Kingdom, 13/2/2013 12:59 Probably right, but Jacey Lee Dugard and Natascha Kampusch both turned up years later?

Yes, I knew it was not her. Just a feeling that I had.

Obviously

Well of course it isn't her... I'm glad that this is making headline news because it puts it back into the spotlight. I really hope she's found, and found alive.

Really, what a shocker, not!!

What a surprise, not!! Honestly, we constantly get false leads with this tragic case. Madeleine is in UK, in Germany, in South America, on a plane, in a shopping centre. WHY print these ridiculous articles, why not wait until it is confirmed that Madeleine has been found. Constantly we read bizarre stories of strange looking men who happened to be at the holiday resort in Portugal four years ago, articles about possible paedophile rings, perhaps she in Morocco!! All pure speculation. Four years later we know NOTHING of the events of that night in May, no new evidence, nothing. It is as though this poor little mite disappeared into thin air. Amazingly, no other child has disappeared from the Warner holiday resort since Madeleine! I feel sorry for this poor New Zealand family who have had to go through such an awful experience of having to prove that their daughter was NOT Madeleine McCann.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.02.13 16:58

And some from the ink
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccanns-father-calls-press-law-204711327.html#7L7KNe6

The moderators on the super soaraway Sun must be having a break today - the truth is coming out!

"Arrest the parents and end this charade, they and their friends have all the evidence the police are looking for. It is nonsense that this has been allowed to carry on for this length of time."

"We've had six years of this charade now. Scotland Yard have poured millions of taxpayers money into it instead of interrogating the parents and friends. The McCanns have used donated money - four million pounds of it - on legal cases to silence the truth."

"Ask the mother if you wanted to know where Maddie is."

Apparently where all "amature Sherlocks, and don't know what we're talking about". You can't argue with the police files, witness statements and the dogs but you can manipulate the truth and Four Million pounds says, this is what's been happening. No evidence of an abduction, read the files yourselves.

if the McCanns were a council estate couple instead of doctors they would be in the middle of a 10 stretch now and their other kids would be living with their new adopted parents!

Without the backing of the UK press that McCanns received ,they would have been locked up years ago and the key thrown away

If Madeline was abducted, it must of been an immaculate abduction. I've read the police files umpteen times, and for the life of me, can't find any evidence of an abduction. What I have noticed though, is a lot of discrepancy with their stories. The whole thing needs reopening ASAP.

Its all very very odd, I have thought for a long time now that something doesn't add up about this case, they should of been ,if nothing else charged with Child Neglect any other couple would of been but not them strangely enough, well they say money talks & I believe it does. Sniffer dogs... More

We had three children and we never left them alone for one 1 hour. We are now 80 and 77 and would still do the same.

what's mcgreedy bleating about??? HE called the press in the first place - even before he called the police.

no - they were not exonerated - the case was closed. big difference yahoo.

Looks as though Carter-Ruck will be in business for some years.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.02.13 17:02

And yet more from the same link

If these two people really killed their little girl, whether by accident or not, and deny it, they MUST be more evil than Hitler and Stalin, Hussain and Mugabe all together!

Gerry McCann has got a flaming cheek trying to tell anyone how to impose better standards on anything. If he and his wife had better looked after poor Madeline the world would never have heard of the neglectful pair of --------.

I think McCann should keep his bloody mouth shut, or better still take a lie detector test as to what happened to his daughter.

If only the press would dig into the McCann story properly. But he knows they can't.

What is he afraid off? A free press is fundimental to our Democracy its only them that have something to hide who are afraid of being being exposed. MPs and the Hugh Grants who love a bit of publicity when it suits them but scream for gagging orders when they exposed.Pity they hadnt clocked Saville... More

Just who cares what this self serving character thinks,he above all shouldn't complain about the press he got good coverage in the pursuit of what happened to his daughter, he after all was having a good time whilst she was being kidnapped

guilty concience isuppose, leaving your child alone whilst partying with friends IS against the law i think.you cant blame everyone else or the press for that.quite a lot of money changed hands as well .has it all got to be under the carpet?

When where the McCanns exonerated? lifting the suspect status does NOT clear them, and why have they still not been charged with child endangerment, they left three children on their own in an unlocked holiday home, by their own admission.

Who parties with friends while leaving their children unattended? Of course the press is going to be involved, as they should. Sorry, Kate and Gerry, but you brought this upon yourselves.

This soap opera is never ending! Let these two guilty parents and liars confess to what they have done!
Come on Carter-Ruck. Apply the law even handedly !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 17:05

Here they are in order of highest rated by readers. Public opinion does seem to have become rather cynical about this case, doesn't it?

How many more innocent "Madeleines" and their families are going to have to suffer this disgraceful intrusion into their privacy, together with the stigma of suspicion that they have perpetrated such a heinous crime? Why should they be dragged into the hellish world of guilt that the McCanns appear to be doing nothing to discourage? Did they really need to go to the lengths of a DNA test to establish that that was not their child? - surely a disclaimer from them would have put a stop to the nonsense.
- Sin Nick, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 13/2/2013 10:58
Rating 663

As much as it is a sad story, I think Madeleine will never be found.
- Naughty Kitten, London, 13/2/2013 11:09
Rating 593

of course it was never gonna be maddie.
- trish, belfast, 13/2/2013 10:59
Rating 561

" It's not Maddie: DNA tests prove New Zealand girl is not missing Madeleine McCann" Sadly no, but most peope who understand that the 2 cadaver dogs that alerted to the scent of death in the McCanns holiday flat were on to something, but without a body the matter can not be persued further by the Portuguese Police & thus the disapearence of Madeline McCann remains an unsolved mystery
- mahatmacoatmabag, tel aviv, Israel, 13/2/2013 11:44
Rating 526

what a suprise
- gazza66, hastings, 13/2/2013 11:06
Rating 507

Yet more innocent parents made to jump through hoops - disgusting, having to PROVE your child is your own just because she happens to be blonde and bear a very vague resemblance to a police artist's 'best guess'
- martin, cheshire, 13/2/2013 11:41
Rating 501

At least now the NZ family will have firm proof so they will not have to go through this again.
- Linda Stratmann, London, United Kingdom, 13/2/2013 11:49
Rating 436

Ooo - there's a surprise.
- Peter Jones, Chelsea, 13/2/2013 11:02
Rating 417

A shame, but at least now the New Zealand family can get on with their lives without the constant whispers and rumours.
- Andy, Blackburn, United Kingdom, 13/2/2013 10:49
Rating 405

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top