The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Regist10

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by sardinehater 21.02.13 12:25

Newintown wrote:If Tony has to pay thousands of £s in costs and maybe lose his house and savings but it comes out in the future that the McCanns were responsible for Madeleine's death/disappearance in a court of law, I wonder what would happen then?

Would he be reimbursed, I very much doubt it.

I feel sick for Tony, I really do.

No, he would not be reimbursed because today's hearing had nothing to do with what the McCanns may or may not have done.

Tony was sentenced today because there was sufficient proof for the Judge to decide that he had breached his own undertakings. Thats why he has been sentenced to 3 months prison (suspended). If he now finds a way to stop breaching the undertakings then he won't go to prison. But the costs which he will have to pay for this contempt case will stand.
sardinehater

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by sardinehater 21.02.13 12:27

Mirage wrote:Once we get some understanding of the costs involved I would like to think we can all assist Tony in whatever measure we are able.

Today the letter of the law has been observed, but its spirit dealt a heavy blow.

Truth is light. And the light of Truth will find its way through profound darkness.

It is an immutable fact that no man can gainsay.

If it amounts to tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds in costs, I don't imagine that forum members will be able to cover all that.

A fiver here and there maybe, but tens of thousands of pounds or more? Seriously?
sardinehater

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.02.13 12:27

sardinehater wrote:
Newintown wrote:If Tony has to pay thousands of £s in costs and maybe lose his house and savings but it comes out in the future that the McCanns were responsible for Madeleine's death/disappearance in a court of law, I wonder what would happen then?

Would he be reimbursed, I very much doubt it.

I feel sick for Tony, I really do.

No, he would not be reimbursed because today's hearing had nothing to do with what the McCanns may or may not have done.

Tony was sentenced today because there was sufficient proof for the Judge to decide that he had breached his own undertakings. Thats why he has been sentenced to 3 months prison (suspended). If he now finds a way to stop breaching the undertakings then he won't go to prison. But the costs which he will have to pay for this contempt case will stand.

Oh yes, quite. I was getting ahead of myself (brain working overtime, which is unusual for me).

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 21.02.13 12:48

IMO the Judge played it straight down the line. Much of Tony's evidence was more suited to a Libel trial and the Judge had to disregard it concentrating on whether TB had breached his undertakings.

Goodness knows what the outcome of costs will be...realistic or just impossible and impractical???
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 21.02.13 12:56

sardinehater wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I cannot imagine any elite firm of lawyers to be doing work pro bono work.

Barristers don't do anything for nothing. It's not in their DNA. Can you imagine the hours ticking away calculating an eye-watering loss of earnings. And them thinking - Nah, it's for the public good.

Would they share out losses between them? If so, what would the other lawyers in the firm think? Would they say, Yeah, we can see exactly where you're coming from with this. I'll take a hit too. Count me in!

No, I can't believe any of that is true.

So are you saying that Carter Ruck's representatives lied in court today or that Gaemar01 lied in the tweet?

Which? Because you are clearly accusing one of them.

Personally, I can fully understand that Carter Ruck would do Pro Bono work. I believe that all large legal companies do that kind of work for what they see as deserving cases.

Far from 'accusing' anyone it just sounds like that's the posters opinion which he's allowed. Strange aggressive response.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 21.02.13 13:18

Small piece on the bbc site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21534603
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra 21.02.13 13:20

sardinehater wrote:
Mirage wrote:Once we get some understanding of the costs involved I would like to think we can all assist Tony in whatever measure we are able.

Today the letter of the law has been observed, but its spirit dealt a heavy blow.

Truth is light. And the light of Truth will find its way through profound darkness.

If it amounts to tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds in costs, I don't imagine that forum members will be able to cover all that.

A fiver here and there maybe, but tens of thousands of pounds or more? Seriously?

Maybe Debbie Butler could do another sponsored walk around Spain.
AskTheDogsSandra
AskTheDogsSandra

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by hippywippywoo 21.02.13 13:25

"Maybe Debbie Butler could do another sponsored walk around Spain."

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 145161
hippywippywoo

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.02.13 13:29

Pyrite wrote:Just putting it here again for anyone that may have missed it.

3 months suspended for one year + costs.

Direct from the court.

Thanks for that Pyrite. Didn`t know where everyone was getting info on the fact that the sentence had been given- there`s no official statement anywhere. So Tony asking the Judge to postpone sentencing until after he had made his application to lift the stay fell on deaf ears.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 21.02.13 13:30

Madeleine McCann contempt case: Tony Bennett guilty

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 _65721606_jex_8174_de39-1

Mr Bennett apologised to Kate and Gerry McCann for the distress he has caused
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

• McCanns act over cover-up claims
  • McCanns criticise files' release
  • McCann lawyers seek site removal

A man who claims he is campaigning to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann has been convicted of contempt of court at the High Court in London.

Tony Bennett was found to have breached an earlier court undertaking not to publish allegations linking Madeleine's parents with her disappearance.

Bennett, who is behind the Madeleine Foundation, was given a three-month prison sentence, suspended for a year.

He was also ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann's court costs.

Bennett, of Harlow in Essex, was found to have breached on at least 13 occasions the undertaking not to publish allegations linking the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, with their daughter's disappearance.

Madeleine went missing on a holiday in Portugal in 2007 aged four.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.02.13 13:32

whatsupdoc wrote:IMO the Judge played it straight down the line. Much of Tony's evidence was more suited to a Libel trial and the Judge had to disregard it concentrating on whether TB had breached his undertakings.

Goodness knows what the outcome of costs will be...realistic or just impossible and impractical???

Yes agree that the Judge has as fair as he can be. I`m sure he will see the pros and cons regarding the ridiculous costs.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.13 13:36

A fiver here and a fiver there, seriously is what Sardinehater posted.
It's a great pity TB could not get a spokesperson to stand up and ask the general public to stuff money in an envelope and post to Harrow. It will be sure to find Tony then.
Oh I forgot that wouldn't work anyway because Tony didn't go out night after night and leave his kids alone in a foreign country, check on them every half and hour but somehow or other find that one of the children had been abducted. SERIOUSLY.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 21.02.13 13:41

Gutted for Tony .

Pro Bono can also mean working for reduced rates , after all it's free advertising for them , all this high profile TV exposure . Im sure the Limited company will have provided them with financial assistance , as it;s accounts are extremely transparent .!!!

The narrow avenue The McCann's pursued , contempt of court , gave the Judge no real choice in this case .

Sadly thats now another voice silenced .

I always hoped somebody close would speak out , regarding this case but, i have my reason as to why they are being protected but thats for another time .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.02.13 13:42

sharonl wrote:
Madeleine went missing on a holiday in Portugal in 2007 aged four.
Not Abducted !
And wasn't she aged three ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 21.02.13 13:54

sardinehater wrote:

The finances of the forum members should not be called into question in a patronising manner .
sardinehater sounds like Clarence M to me . I bet all those £5 sent to Rothley were accounted for !!!!!.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 21.02.13 14:04

sharonl wrote:

The distress he's caused them!!!!!!

I wonder how much distress they've caused to how many people?

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.02.13 14:11

puzzled wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Indeed...especially their own 3 babies...one of whom was only 3 years old and was left to cry for over an hour and then whose life ended behind a sofa where her blood and death scent was found by 2 UK sniffer dogs.

And all the McCanns want to do is ruin more lives.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41400

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.02.13 14:14

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
puzzled wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Indeed...especially their own 3 babies...one of whom was only 3 years old and was left to cry for over an hour and then whose life ended behind a sofa where her blood and death scent was found by 2 UK sniffer dogs.

And all the McCanns want to do is ruin more lives.
It seems if you cr behind you you can ruin as many lives as you want,bloody evil pair
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.13 14:15

Two words: PORTUGAL TRIAL ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 636506
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.02.13 14:16

plebgate wrote:Two words: PORTUGAL TRIAL ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 636506
oh yes,bring it on***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 609562
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 21.02.13 14:19

my gran used to say respect has to be earned -- they will never have respect -- they will always be known as the mummy and daddy that let their children down -- you cannot buy respect -- they have money backing but -- in one word a big fact-- nothing ---
cass7
cass7

Activity : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.02.13 14:20

tiny wrote:
plebgate wrote:Two words: PORTUGAL TRIAL ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 636506
oh yes,bring it on***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 609562

Yep...Get 'em Gonçalo ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 259100

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.13 14:49

Retired Harlow solicitor sentenced over McCann claims

http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/News/Harlow-news/Retired-Harlow-solicitor-sentenced-over-McCann-claims-20130221142558.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 25 Empty Cllarence Mitchell Has Responded To Tony's Conviction

Post by ShuBob 21.02.13 14:56

Later, Clarence Mitchell, the McCann family spokesman, said: “Kate and Gerry McCann brought these committal proceedings very much as a last resort.

“Mr Bennett has pursued an incessant campaign against them, repeatedly making false accusations against them, and ignoring the fact that the Portuguese authorities confirmed there was simply no evidence to implicate them in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry McCann are pleased with the Court’s decision today and hope that it finally marks an end to Mr Bennett’s campaign against them. The McCanns continue to focus their efforts on the ongoing search for their daughter Madeleine.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/02/21/suspended-sentence-for-solicitor-who-published-claims-kate-and-gerry-mccann-caused-madeleine-s-death-100252-32854785/#ixzz2LXtglZVO
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.02.13 14:59

cass7 wrote:my gran used to say respect has to be earned -- they will never have respect -- they will always be known as the mummy and daddy that let their children down -- you cannot buy respect -- they have money backing but -- in one word a big fact-- nothing ---

They have money now (other people's) but as cass said, you cannot buy respect (or true happiness). They are living in a bubble of hell, entirely of their own making, how do they know if people truly despise them or not, their neighbours, work colleagues, extended families (the ones not benefitting from the "Fund"). These people may be nice to them on the outside (hello Gerry how are you today?) but may despise them under the facade. I don't think I could live with that day in and day out for years on end.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top