The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Regist10

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by cass7 on 05.02.13 20:18

i havent posted or been near anything pro since sol closed -- omg you are brave souls -- mind i can do with a laugh -- is linkys allowed here ? big grin
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.02.13 20:18

Oh Dear.


They have 83 online, here there are @522 online. Hmmm.

It looks like a 13 yr old chav's Bebo page.

Nuff said.

____________________
The truth will out.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by olipet on 05.02.13 20:33

muratfan is guiding the media on twitter to his blog - it's actually amusing.
avatar
olipet

Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 05.02.13 20:35

@olipet wrote:muratfan is guiding the media on twitter to his blog - it's actually amusing.

Is his blog entitled "Fantasy Island" ?
avatar
mydadsanastronaut

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.02.13 20:42

What a silly man!!! They'll see who, in fact, is the stalker and be quite shocked that the only people on the net who support the Mc's are quite rabid. That's yet another own goal he's scored! He'll get "Man of the Match" for his performance in his team of one!

____________________
The truth will out.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Tombraider on 05.02.13 20:48

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What a silly man!!! They'll see who, in fact, is the stalker and be quite shocked that the only people on the net who support the Mc's are quite rabid. That's yet another own goal he's scored! He'll get "Man of the Match" for his performance in his team of one!

Pity Tony couldn't use this as evidence in court as to why he feels the need to get the TRUTH out there.
avatar
Tombraider

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by petunia on 05.02.13 20:50

hope tony is getting plenty of rest this evening good luck for tomorrow Tony xx
avatar
petunia

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.13 21:01

In brief:

The judge severely limited my questions to Carter-Ruck's Solicitor and Partner, Isabel Martorell.

I think I am right in saying (we shall see tomorrrow) that none of the facts relating to Madeleine's reported disappearance are of any relevance whatosever to this hearing.

Nor is the widespread availability of Dr Amaral's book; that was also ruled as irrelevant.

One issue that emerged during the hearing more than once was the McCanns' powerlessness to control the level of dissent about Madeleine. I was able to demonstrate that I was the only person on the entire planet who was actively being inhibited from expressing his opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine. That was also ruled entirely irrelevant to the issue of whether I had breached any of my undertakings.

The circumstances under which I agreed to give the undertakings - on 2 October 2009 following legal advice from Kirwans - were also deemed irrelevant. The fact that the only alternative I was faced with was to face a full-blown libel trial, up against the legal firepower of Carter-Ruck and with no Legal Aid for defamation cases, was also ruled irrelevant.

Michael Gunnill's evidence was that he obtained the '60 Reasons' book from me purely to make himself some money. He said he had asked the Editor of the Sunday Express if he would be interested in running a story on Tony Benentt breaking his undertakings. He said that the Editor said 'Yes', and so he tried to get a book from me by subterfuge. Having done so, the Editor never ran the story so he never got paid. On this forum, Mr Gunnill claimed to have received the book on 4 February 2010, but in his Affidavit he said it was on 1 February. He could not explain the discrepancy.

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

The one ray of hope was that Mr Justice Tugendhat said that many of the issues I sought to raise would become relevant at a subsequent hearing at which I shall be applying to lift the stay on the libel proceedings - and (hopefully) then be able to argue the case to lift the undertakings. This hearing will not release me from my undertakings and it has been spelled out to me that unless and until the undertakings are lifted, I must not give my opinion on what may have happened to Madeleine.

The support at the Court was briliant - thanks so much to all who came.

Especial thanks to Enid O'Dowd, the accountant who wrote up an excellent analysis of the Fund. She flew over from the Irish Republic to help me. She was not allowed to be a witness for me at today's hearing, because Mr Justice Tugendhat deemed it irrelevant to the issues he had to decide. He did however say that her evidence might well be relevant at a future hearing.

There were 5 journalists present during various parts of the proceedings.

It all seems very very unjust

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by petunia on 05.02.13 21:11

god bless you Tony.stay strong god is on your side xx
avatar
petunia

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.02.13 21:14

Thanks for the update.

On the upside, now the judge knows that someone has analysed the accounts, that many many people doubt the official story, that Gunnil is a con artist, and several other things. Whilst it might not be relevant to todays proceedings, it is closer to getting a public airing, and that is a good thing. These things have been mentioned inside a courtroom.

And Isabel Martorell admitted an affidavit that she could say was true or not, just what she had been told? That sounds totally unprofessional.

Glad you have made it through today, and all the best for tomorrow.

____________________
The truth will out.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by doug on 05.02.13 21:15

Hi Tony

Thanks for the update.

I hope the ray of light you mention shines brightly for you tomorrow.

Lets hope Justice Tugendhat is able to find in your favour.

Doug
avatar
doug

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 05.02.13 21:17

Yes, thanks Tony, for updating us.

Please try your best to get a restful night's sleep. Because, as Scarlett O'Hara said "Tomorrow is another day".

Best wishes.
avatar
mydadsanastronaut

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by plebgate on 05.02.13 21:18

Tony of course it is all UNJUST, but as you say Judge T has given you a ray of hope and hopefully they will have many sleepless nights now wondering whether the judge will permit a subsequent hearing and that Enid O'Dowd might be able to give evidence.
That is certainly not good news for them.
What was that solicitor woman thinking giving evidence under oath that Maddie was abducted and then having to admit that her clients had told her that and that she herself had no evidence that it had taken place. How much are they paying her? They should sue her next for making their side look like plonkers imo. ha ha.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6502
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by jd on 05.02.13 21:22

Thanks for the update Tony. To me this sounds very positive in the long run. He has hinted quite noticeably that many of the issues you want to raise will become relevant as you will be able to argue the case to lift the undertakings. I get the feeling he is saying you will get this chance and that you should get this opportunity. This will be the mccanns worst nightmare scenario which I think he will give to you

Stay strong and keep positive....Don't forget the volume of people with you

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
jd
jd

Posts : 4151
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by bristow on 05.02.13 21:24

@Tony Bennett wrote:
The one ray of hope was that Mr Justice Tugendhat said that many of the issues I sought to raise would become relevant at a subsequent hearing at which I shall be applying to lift the stay on the libel proceedings
I thought that sounded very hopeful and I think Justice Tugendhat would be very interested to hear it too.
Personally I have a very good feeling about it all, even though you were restricted in what you could say in some matters you did manage to get quite a lot through too. I saw the reporters scribbling away like mad!

____________________
Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth.
bristow
bristow

Posts : 823
Join date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 21:25

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

Good one!!
If she didnt know if it were true or not then doesnt that null everything??? From the very beginning?

I too think the Judge is doing his job within set parameters, he has to, but he is no fool, he is a very intelligent and nice man by all accounts and a fair one and one who abhors censorship, my fingers are crossed


Have a good night Tony
roses


avatar
Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by bobbin on 05.02.13 21:26

It does look like Mr. Justice Tugendhat is being correct to the letter of the law.
He is to be respected for that and therefore when he talks as if there is a possibility of further opportunities for you to present certain facts and persons, I believe that that is a ray of light that he will honour.

Tony, Thank you for today and get a good nights sleep now.
Be strong for tomorrow.
We are all still here and the matter will not be abandoned, nor will you, with all the support you have from us. ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 725573
avatar
bobbin

Posts : 2053
Join date : 2011-12-05

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by bristow on 05.02.13 21:28

@plebgate wrote:
What was that solicitor woman thinking giving evidence under oath that Maddie was abducted and then having to admit that her clients had told her that and that she herself had no evidence that it had taken place. How much are they paying her? They should sue her next for making their side look like plonkers imo. ha ha.

In my opinion she didn't seem very clued up about the case.
bristow
bristow

Posts : 823
Join date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 05.02.13 21:31

@bristow wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
What was that solicitor woman thinking giving evidence under oath that Maddie was abducted and then having to admit that her clients had told her that and that she herself had no evidence that it had taken place. How much are they paying her? They should sue her next for making their side look like plonkers imo. ha ha.
There was quite a bit of that from her.
In my opinion she didn't seem very clued up about the case.

Surprising, since some people from her place of work appear to have spent an inordinate amount of time studying the material here.
avatar
mydadsanastronaut

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by plebgate on 05.02.13 21:32

Thank you for that info. Bristow. Glad to hear it. They have probably never had to be questionned like that under oath before and from such a man like TB. Doesn't sound as if they will be uncorking the Champagne bottles tonight.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6502
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Nina on 05.02.13 21:33

Can the Judge defer this case to a further case as he seems to be speaking about, why is he saying it may be relevant later on. Is he wanting to widen the scope.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
Nina
Nina

Posts : 2861
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by jd on 05.02.13 21:34

@Nina wrote:Can the Judge defer this case to a further case as he seems to be speaking about, why is he saying it may be relevant later on. Is he wanting to widen the scope.

Sounds to me that this is what he is wanting to do

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
jd
jd

Posts : 4151
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by MaryB on 05.02.13 21:41

It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????
MaryB
MaryB

Posts : 204
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Nina on 05.02.13 21:42

@MaryB wrote:It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????

Because there is no evidence that she was abducted.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
Nina
Nina

Posts : 2861
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 3 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 21:44

@MaryB wrote:It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????

No she said it under oath, because thats what her clients told her,not that she knew if it was true or not

Which again makes a mockery of the original request not to repeat allegations
avatar
Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum