The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Mm11

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Regist10

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Spaniel on 05.02.13 19:04

@ShuBob wrote:Like I said before, no point in arguing. The facts will be known soon enough.
Arguing? It's a forum like debating you know. How strange!

____________________

Spaniel
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Join date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by cass7 on 05.02.13 19:06

@tiny wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:I can't believe Tony Bennett will actually be jailed. When you consider there are thieves with umpteen convictions for theft who never get jailed, just receive community service orders or fines again and again, it would make no sense to send Tony to prison.
He may well receive a hefty fine though, I hope not.
what Tony should get is a Medal,having to look at the cr bunch all day would be enough to make you want to throw up.
at least he doesnt have to look at kate squeezing a tear out -- thats another thing shes learned over the years
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by ShuBob on 05.02.13 19:08

@Spaniel wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:Like I said before, no point in arguing. The facts will be known soon enough.
Arguing? It's a forum like debating you know. How strange!

If you cared to follow on from my initial post where I mentioned arguing, you won't find it strange....or perhaps you would. I don't care either way.
avatar
ShuBob

Posts : 1896
Join date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Nina on 05.02.13 19:14

@Casey5 wrote:I can't believe Tony Bennett will actually be jailed. When you consider there are thieves with umpteen convictions for theft who never get jailed, just receive community service orders or fines again and again, it would make no sense to send Tony to prison.
He may well receive a hefty fine though, I hope not.

Hi casey5, I don't think that Tony will be jailed either and a fine can be as much or as little as the Judge decrees.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
Nina
Nina

Posts : 2861
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by McCant on 05.02.13 19:18

I don’t know anything about law, but I’ve always suspected that a judge can make a decision based on whatever he/she thinks best (within reason), and select a law, or laws, to suit if necessary. In this case, Tony probably is in Contempt of Court, but I can’t see Tony being jailed, or billed for £288k; but if the judge can rap his knuckles to ‘satisfy’ CR and address Tony's naughtiness in some way, then that’s what I think he’ll do, which would be a moral victory for Tony.
McCant
McCant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Monty Heck on 05.02.13 19:22

Perhaps a bit off topic but have been wondering lately whether the type of legal contests currently being engaged in by a current NHS employee (waged courtesy of the taxpayer) could be in breach of any code of conduct for NHS employees in general or NHS doctors specifically? In particular, did the action against Sr Amaral not include claims regarding the current state of health and wellbeing of Dr McCann as being permanently damaged, broken (not sure of the exact wording) due to Sr Amaral's actions when all indicators were that this was not the case? Indeed, how could the good doctor have been able to carry out his responsibilities if such were true. In today's action, an elderly man is being subjected to what seems to be a most unfair legal contest, by virtue of the fact that a current NHS employee has been able to accrue the financial means to do so under the most unpleasant of circumstances. What does this do for the image of the modern NHS our government was so keen to promote at the Olympics. Maybe there is nothing to be done but it seems to matter not to the Dr's employers what he does in off duty moments or how that reflects on this service which trained him and presumably pays well for his services.
avatar
Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Join date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Casey5 on 05.02.13 19:22

Nina said:-
Hi casey5, I don't think that Tony will be jailed either and a fine can be as much or as little as the Judge decrees.

Hi Nina, you're right of course, the judge will pass the sentence he thinks is the correct one, if of course Tony loses which we all hope he doesn't, and the judge may think a token fine is enough.
Mind you, the costs are enormous, what will happen if Tony cannot pay these costs? Would Carter Ruck have to take Tony to court for non-payment?
This could be never-ending.
avatar
Casey5

Posts : 347
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by pennylane on 05.02.13 19:43

@Buildersbum wrote:
@sombrero wrote:Spaniel - you don't know me and the fact that I am new
on here will make you and others suspicious. I can say I am a long time
lurker. Let me also say I want TB to win this case.

Any judge in a case like this will want TB to concentrate
on the sole issue of contempt of court. When TB posts
later I am sure he will confirm that to you.

We have heard that TB feels that he will be punished. If anyone
can research some specific case law this evening to support his case
I believe he can win this case. The Court will
need a good reason to find for TB.


I also believe Tony will win this case, simply because the judge is human and apart from the pathetic evidence, and the fact that the Mcs wheel out the lawyers and barristers the judge will see, hear and realise TB is been bullied nothing more nothing less.

Why will this judge jail Tony, a pensioner, when hearing that Gunnell lied to trick Tony....as he admitted to day in court.

I agree B'sbum COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 259100

No doubt in my mind that Mr Justice Tugendhat is fully switched on regarding TM's vexatious litigation and outrageous bullying of Tony Bennett. They make a mockery of justice with their underhand tactics and high-priced Dream Team, all conveniently paid for with a shed load of other peoples money......
avatar
pennylane

Posts : 2770
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 19:50

Buildersbum wrote:

Why will this judge jail Tony, a pensioner, when hearing that Gunnell lied to
trick Tony....as he admitted to day in court.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Mirage on 05.02.13 20:02

@McCant wrote:I don’t know anything about law, but I’ve always suspected that a judge can make a decision based on whatever he/she thinks best (within reason), and select a law, or laws, to suit if necessary. In this case, Tony probably is in Contempt of Court, but I can’t see Tony being jailed, or billed for £288k; but if the judge can rap his knuckles to ‘satisfy’ CR and address Tony's naughtiness in some way, then that’s what I think he’ll do, which would be a moral victory for Tony.

Interesting point. I don't know much about law either but it begs the question: who would settle the CR bill in that scenario. Unless, they are still as happy as they ever were to do a tremendous amount of work quietly behind the scenes, gratis. COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 172348

I suppose, following your theory, the judge might also assume latitude to castigate said firm for allowing such exorbitant fees to accumulate on a relatively straight forward case.
avatar
Mirage

Posts : 1905
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by McCant on 05.02.13 20:17

@Mirage wrote:
@McCant wrote:I don’t know anything about law, but I’ve always suspected that a judge can make a decision based on whatever he/she thinks best (within reason), and select a law, or laws, to suit if necessary. In this case, Tony probably is in Contempt of Court, but I can’t see Tony being jailed, or billed for £288k; but if the judge can rap his knuckles to ‘satisfy’ CR and address Tony's naughtiness in some way, then that’s what I think he’ll do, which would be a moral victory for Tony.

Interesting point. I don't know much about law either but it begs the question: who would settle the CR bill in that scenario. Unless, they are still as happy as they ever were to do a tremendous amount of work quietly behind the scenes, gratis. COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 172348

I suppose, following your theory, the judge might also assume latitude to castigate said firm for allowing such exorbitant fees to accumulate on a relatively straight forward case.



I don’t know how these things work. CR are claiming £288k; so what if they’d said £4b instead - would Tony have to pay that too? Perhaps someone can tell us how it all works.
McCant
McCant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 20:20

I have read here and there talk about insurance so costs do not get paid, hopefully some legal eagle can explain this?

It is really gross isn't it that a law firm can charge the average mans salary for 30 years for all this crap.
avatar
Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by sombrero on 05.02.13 21:06

Spaniel. I am not a first year student. I am 61. No offence taken.
A friend of mine was in court today and gave some small assistance to Tony.
avatar
sombrero

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by roy rovers on 05.02.13 21:45

@Casey5 wrote:Nina said:-
Hi casey5, I don't think that Tony will be jailed either and a fine can be as much or as little as the Judge decrees.

Hi Nina, you're right of course, the judge will pass the sentence he thinks is the correct one, if of course Tony loses which we all hope he doesn't, and the judge may think a token fine is enough.
Mind you, the costs are enormous, what will happen if Tony cannot pay these costs? Would Carter Ruck have to take Tony to court for non-payment?
This could be never-ending.

I imagine the McCanns / the fund / a secret benefactor will pay the CR costs and that they've already been paid a substantial amount of them already. They then seek to recover as much as possible from TB if they win. The judge assesses the costs and reduces them if they are unreasonably high. My point in earlier posts is the costs to the McCanns / the fund / a secret benefactor are going to be unfeasibly high as time goes on if they continue going to court to silence doubters even if they win. Nobody wins in litigation except the lawyers.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Posts : 473
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by Spaniel on 05.02.13 22:49

@ShuBob wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:Like I said before, no point in arguing. The facts will be known soon enough.
Arguing? It's a forum like debating you know. How strange!

If you cared to follow on from my initial post where I mentioned arguing, you won't find it strange....or perhaps you would. I don't care either way.
Sorry ShuBob, I don't recall your initial post so please forgive me. Been up since 4am, came on here soon after.
Later to see a post from Tony that he'd had a good nights sleep!

____________________

Spaniel
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Join date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by lufc50337 on 05.02.13 23:40

http://www.article19.org/data/files/pdfs/publications/foe-and-contempt-of-court.pdf

Contempt of court article

You've probably all seen it but there's some interesting info on pages 3 and 12 about your rights to freedom of speech
avatar
lufc50337

Posts : 322
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by david_uk on 06.02.13 9:26

@roy rovers wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:Nina said:-
Hi casey5, I don't think that Tony will be jailed either and a fine can be as much or as little as the Judge decrees.

Hi Nina, you're right of course, the judge will pass the sentence he thinks is the correct one, if of course Tony loses which we all hope he doesn't, and the judge may think a token fine is enough.
Mind you, the costs are enormous, what will happen if Tony cannot pay these costs? Would Carter Ruck have to take Tony to court for non-payment?
This could be never-ending.

I imagine the McCanns / the fund / a secret benefactor will pay the CR costs and that they've already been paid a substantial amount of them already. They then seek to recover as much as possible from TB if they win. The judge assesses the costs and reduces them if they are unreasonably high. My point in earlier posts is the costs to the McCanns / the fund / a secret benefactor are going to be unfeasibly high as time goes on if they continue going to court to silence doubters even if they win. Nobody wins in litigation except the lawyers.

I know I have said it before but...what is so horrific that someone would pay hundreds of thousands to silence the truth?! Surely the money isn't coming out of the Mccanns pocket? and if it is, where from?!

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion
david_uk
david_uk

Posts : 320
Join date : 2012-01-20

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by lufc50337 on 06.02.13 10:36

I've been doing a bit of research (not found anything definitive to help Tony) but what is usual is that if somebody goes against a court order regarding not disclosing something about somebody if the information isnt true the other party involved usually sue for libel and if it is true they go for contempt of court

So the McCanns are in a roundabout way admitting it is true what TB is saying about them to those who know the system

We all knew it was true because we know the case well but not everybody else does
avatar
lufc50337

Posts : 322
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by david_uk on 06.02.13 10:45

sally66 wrote:I've been doing a bit of research (not found anything definitive to help Tony) but what is usual is that if somebody goes against a court order regarding not disclosing something about somebody if the information isnt true the other party involved usually sue for libel and if it is true they go for contempt of court

So the McCanns are in a roundabout way admitting it is true what TB is saying about them to those who know the system

We all knew it was true because we know the case well but not everybody else does

Interesting! very interesting

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion
david_uk
david_uk

Posts : 320
Join date : 2012-01-20

Back to top Go down

COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February - Page 9 Empty Re: COURT 14 - Mr Justice Tugendhat - 10.30am tomorrow, Tuesday 5 February

Post by MaryB on 06.02.13 11:27

And I heard on TV the other day not sure what it was in regard of. A judge said that remarks on an internet forum would be more akin to slander than libel.
MaryB
MaryB

Posts : 204
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum