The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House: [***NEW***] ..and the Edward Heath > Cyril Smith > Clement Freud > McCanns connections

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iICSA Rochdale Inquiry

Post by Doug D on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:56 am

MI5 file note dated 24th April 1979 stating that Sir Thomas Hetherington, DPP, telephoned them today to advise that Bartlett (RAP) had telephoned making enquiries about the Smith file.

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/2874/view/INQ000975_003.pdf

Hetherington said that ‘he believed I had on one occasion asked him, when he was with the Law Officers Dept., whether they had any record. He had not then been aware of this case……’

‘However he noted from the file………’, so he must have requested the file from the archives, unbeknown to his private secretary, whom he had specifically instructed not to retrieve it.

Hetherington became DPP in 1977.

In her testimony on Tuesday, Eleanor Phillips, his private secretary and the Press Officer stated:

1.     Q. You then say -- this is paragraph 11 of your statement,
2.     17  if we go over the page, that when Frances told you about
3.     18  the call (Bartlett) the next day, you asked Sir Thomas about
4.     19  bringing it up (from the archives) and he said no?
5.     20  A. Yes.
6.     21  Q. Was that unusual?
7.     22  A. I can't say either way or other, really. We didn't --
8.     23  we weren't often asked about closed files, so it wasn't
9.     24  a question of --
10.   25  Q. It wasn't the normal practice?
11.   A. No.
12.   2  Q. What you do say, though -- this is paragraph 12 -- is
13.   3  that Sir Thomas did not seem surprised or curious about
14.   4  the file?
15.   5  A. That's right.
16.   6  Q. You got the impression he knew about the issues
17.   7  surrounding Sir Cyril?
18.   8  A. Yes.
19.   9  Q. What gave you that impression?
20.   A. Well, I'd been working with the man for a few years. He was very curious about a lot of things and I thought, if this was totally new to him, he may well have wanted to see it.
21.   Q. Did he say anything about Cyril Smith?
22.   15  A. No.
23.   16  Q. Did he say anything about why he wanted to leave the
24.   17  file in the archive?
25.   18  A. No.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IICSA Rochdale Inquiry

Post by Doug D on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:28 am

Martin Digan on 16th October.

Smith & Dobbin both deceased. No evidence called from Colin Lambert that I can see.

P85
1.     Q. Who was the sitting MP at that time? Liz Lynne?
2.     22  A. I think so, sir, yes.
3.     23  Q. Did you speak to her?
4.     24  A. I tried to speak to—I did speak to her on one
5.     25  occasion, sir. She arranged to meet me at the town hall
6.     in Rochdale to discuss the subject area, but later
7.     2  cancelled the appointment. I spoke to her PA,
8.     3  Debbie Doyle, who has since come out to the public and
9.     4  has admitted to the public that she was instructed to
10. 5  destroy the documentation that I'd given her by
11. 6  Liz Lynne, who had been ordered to by Cyril Smith.
12. 7  Q. We will hear a little about that. But did you,
13. 8  therefore, hand a copy of your dossier to Liz Lynne when
14. 9  she was MP?
15. 10  A. Never got the opportunity, sir.
16. 11  Q. What was destroyed?
17. 12  A. I'm sorry, sir?
18. 13  Q. Didn't you just tell us that her PA, Deborah Doyle,
19. 14  unless I misunderstood, was instructed to destroy
20. 15  something?
21. 16  A. Yes, sir, the communications I'd had with Debbie Doyle
22. 17  explaining the circumstances upon which I wanted to give
23. 18  her this information on what it was about.
24. 19  Q. So not your dossier --
25. 20  A. No, sir.
26. 21  Q. -- but any evidence of communication is what you are
27. 22  telling us?
28. 23  A. Yes, sir.
29. 24  Q. I think the MP in 1997 was a Lorna Fitzsimons?
30. 25  A. Gave her a full copy, sir.
31. Q. Of?
32. 2  A. The dossier.
33. 3  Q. What became of that?
34. 4  A. No idea, sir. Never heard anything back. I gave it to
35. 5  her in the presence of a parent. I've done my best with
36. 6  this, sir. I don't know what else I could have done
37. 7  with it.
38. 8  Q. Then in 1999, between 1999 and 2000, did you meet
39. 9  Colin Lambert who was the then -- was he the head of
40. 10  Rochdale Council, the leader of Rochdale Council?
41. 11  A. He was council member. He became chair of education,
42. 12  believe it or not. And then went on to become leader of
43. 13  the council. Colin Lambert and Jim Dobbin in the Labour
44. 14  HQ at Heywood in Manchester, Greater Manchester, sir --
45. 15  Q.Letme--
46. 16  A. He was MP for Heywood, sir. He's since passed on.
47. 17  Q. Did you see them?
48. 18  A. Both of them together.
49. 19  Q. For what purpose?
50. 20  A. In order to give them a full copy -- it was
51. 21  Colin Lambert who contacted me; I didn't contact him.
52. 22  In order to give them a full copy of the dossier. They
53. 23  said they were going to deal with it.
54. 24  Q. And what happened?
55. 25  A. Nothing, sir.
56. Q. Did they hand the dossier back?
57. 2  A. I was told at a later date, sir, and I have no evidence
58. 3  of this for you. I was told at a later date that a deal
59. 4  had been done between Cyril Smith, Jim Dobbin and
60. 5  Colin Lambert whereby Cyril Smith would not be -- can
61. 6  I mention this person's name or not, sir?
62. 7  Q. Don't mention any names. Just tell us the general
63. 8  points that you want to make.
64. 9  A. I was told that the leader of the council in the early
65. 10  '90s -- I hope that's not too pointed a reference -- had
66. 11  committed a serious offence against a child in a public
67. 12  toilet and that Mr Smith would expose that if the
68. 13  dossier that had anything to do with him was exposed and
69. 14  a deal had to be done between Labour and between
70. 15  Cyril Smith's party.

[url=https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/2982/view/Public Hearing Transcript 16 October 2017.pdf]https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/2982/view/Public%20Hearing%20Transcript%2016%20October%202017.pdf[/url]

Written statement of Deborah Doyle

P76

1.     "She said, 'This is all the Cyril Smith things
2.     21  again. I've heard it all before'. Her tone suggested
3.     22  to me, 'Don't ask me any questions'. She said it was
4.     23  political mischief. She also said Martin Digan was
5.     24  suing the council for wrongful dismissal and she didn't
6.     25  want to get involved.
7.     "I asked her if she wanted me to ring him. She said no and if he rang again to put him off.
8.     "It was at that meeting that I asked her if I should file the notes and she told me to get rid of them and, because of the content of them, not to put them in the bin.
9.     "The notes were still in the notebook and I kept the notebook in my handbag. I can't say exactly when I got rid of the notes but I think I took them home and put them on the wood burner.
10. "I can't say when I did this. I know, for some
reason, when Liz told me to get rid of the notes,
I wrote Martin Digan's name and number in my 1995/'96 filofax. I did this because I thought it was important
to keep his details. I have handed to the police today [the black filofax].

11. "This is the only time Liz has ever asked me to get rid of any notes.

Liz Lynne’s written response:

P80

1.     I would describe Deborah Doyle's account about the
2.     9  telephone conversation with Mr Digan and my supposed
3.     10  advice to destroy her alleged notes as 'ludicrous'.

[url=https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/3275/view/Public Hearing Transcript 25 October 2017.pdf]https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/3275/view/Public%20Hearing%20Transcript%2025%20October%202017.pdf[/url]

………………………………………..

No surprise that no evidence could be found relating to the alleged ‘agreement’ to keep quiet. No way it would ever have been documented and two of the parties are now deceased.

I’ve noticed that some of the links are not working for some reason. All documents can be accessed through the ‘Library’ pages at:

https://www.iicsa.org.uk

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House: [***NEW***] ..and the Edward Heath > Cyril Smith > Clement Freud > McCanns connections

Post by BlueBag on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Sort of related:

So what happened to the last one with Dame Lizzie Goddard or whatever her name was....

Oh I know.... it went on so long that people forgot about it.

The truth is we are governed by people managers not servants of the people.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IICSA transcript 25th October 2017

Post by Doug D on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 pm

IICSA Transcript 25th October 2017

Final day of witnesses

Peter Joinson, Councillor, Nurse,

P9

1. Q. "At the end of the meeting" -- this is how the note
  2. 23  reads -- "I raised with the leader the issues of press
  3. 24  articles that questioned his knowledge of the Knowl View
  4. 25  abuse reports. Councillor Farnell indicated that
  5. Councillor Hawton (as chair of Rochdale Health
  6. 2  Authority) had received a report from her senior officer
  7. 3  that had been written by a sexual health worker employed
  8. 4  by the health authority. As a consequence of that
  9. 5  report, the council was preparing a report. This was
  10. 6  between approximately March and June 1992.
  11. 7  Councillor Farnell said he had only seen a draft report
  12. 8  and the full report wasn't complete until June. By that
  13. 9  time, he had lost his council seat and ceased to be
  14. 10  a council leader."
  15. 11  So far, have I read it correctly, Mr Joinson?
  16. 12  A. Correct, yes.
  17. 13  Q. When that paragraph begins, "Councillor Farnell
  18. 14  indicated", are you saying these are the things
  19. 15  Mr Farnell told you during the course of that meeting?
  20. 16  A. Yes.

P19
1.     Q. You will know, I'm sure, Mr Joinson, that when I asked
2.     25  Farnell about this yesterday, looking at your
3.     handwritten into typewritten note, his evidence to this inquiry was that the representations and assertions that you wrote in this note, as it were, from his mouth,
about his knowledge at the time was complete and utter invention by you in order to damage him politically because you are on Colin Lambert's side, which is how I understood him. Do you understand the seriousness of the allegations he's making against you?

4.     A. I certainly do, yes.
5.     Q. Did you invent any of this, Mr Joinson?
6.     A. I did not. What is on there is the truth.
7.     Q. Which means that Mr Farnell lied to this inquiry yesterday?
8.     A. I don't like using that word, but I would say he's probably not telling the truth.

Ms Gail Hopper (continued from week 1)

Mainly Q&A on Knowl staff members who have been prosecuted, and the relevance of the Pindown Iquiry criticisms to Knowl.

Read statement of Deborah Doyle (Relevant bit of this & Liz Lynne’s statements covered in  #928 above)

Read statement of Liz Lynne

Read statement of Mr Ashley Dearnley (Tory Councillor)

Nothing of any note. No knowledge of any pact between Lib’s & Labour.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House: [***NEW***] ..and the Edward Heath > Cyril Smith > Clement Freud > McCanns connections

Post by Verdi on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Former Met Police Commissioner 'lied in VIP child abuse interview'

Martin Evans

4 November 2017 • 10:00pm

Lord Hogan-Howe, the former Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, is to be investigated over his conduct during Scotland Yard's flawed VIP child abuse inquiry.

Months after retiring as Britain’s most senior police officer, Lord Hogan-Howe is set to be probed over a radio interview he gave at the height of Operation Midland in which he allegedly lied.

The controversial historic sex abuse inquiry was launched in 2014 after a single complainant, known as Nick, told police a powerful group of establishment figures, including senior politicians, had raped and murdered children in the 1970s and 1980s.

During a public appeal for information in December 2014, a senior Met detective described Nick's allegations as "credible and true".

But after two years and more than £2.5 million, the Met was forced to apologise, when it emerged the claims were allegedly false and malicious.

Now a year after a report found the Met had made 43 failings during the inquiry, Lord Hogan-Howe is to be investigated by the London Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC), who oversee disciplinary issues regarding the Commissioner.

The investigation will focus on comments he made during a broadcast on LBC radio, in September 2015, in which he insisted he had not approved the use of the phrase "credible and true" and it had actually been an unfortunate slip of the tongue by a senior detective.

During the interview, Lord Hogan-Howe told presenter Nick Ferrari: "As you know one of our superintendents, in making a quick recourse in an interview, said the words 'credible and true'."

"What we have said in a statement, which people might have seen...is that he was credible at the beginning and we had to corroborate what he said.

"We said that if the use of the word 'true', if it left the understanding – the belief – that we were closed minded about the outcome, that was wrong."

He went on: "We are just treating the person [Nick] as a witness. We are working our way through what their allegations are."

But former Tory MP, Harvey Proctor, who was one of those falsely accused by Nick of taking part in the abuse, has always insisted Lord Hogan-Howe knew about and had approved use of the phrase.

Mr Proctor initially asked the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) to examine the matter but it said it was not a matter for the body.

However MOPAC has confirmed it will now look into the matter, despite the fact Lord Hogan-Howe retired from the force in February.

If the allegation is found to be true Lord Hogan-Howe could be asked to apologise to Mr Proctor over the matter. A spokesman for MOPAC said it was considering the allegations and considering whether to launch an investigation.

"The complainant has agreed that we will seek to resolve his complaint through local resolution and those discussions are ongoing," he added.

Lord Hogan-Howe retired in February after five and a half years as the country's top police officer. Last month it was announced he is to join the House of Lords where he will sit on the cross benches.

The Telegraph was unable to reach Lord Hogan-Howe for comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/04/former-met-police-commissioner-lied-vip-child-abuse-interview/

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:17 pm

How could this possibly make a difference to Hogan-Howe? He's already a Lord and has his bottom well and truly parked on a velvet cushion.

He might be taking a bit of a public smack on the snout/taking one for the team at present but it won't make a bit of difference to his promised status.

How on earth can the Lord Mayor's office possibly investigate this man!
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 pm

@aquila wrote:How could this possibly make a difference to Hogan-Howe? He's already a Lord and has his bottom well and truly parked on a velvet cushion.

He might be taking a bit of a public smack on the snout/taking one for the team at present but it won't make a bit of difference to his promised status.

Yep, he's been rewarded well for his 'intentional incompetence' and following a hidden agenda as police commissioner.  He will be protected just like 'Teflon Tony' Blair.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm

@aquila wrote:How could this possibly make a difference to Hogan-Howe? He's already a Lord and has his bottom well and truly parked on a velvet cushion.

When the British establishment can accommodate Keith Vaz  and then promote him to the head of an enquiry committee there's something seriously wrong in Westminster.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dartinghero on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm

@aquila wrote:

When the British establishment can accommodate Keith Vaz  and then promote him to the head of an enquiry committee there's something seriously wrong in Westminster.
Totally agree.
See also Islington Children's Home scandal from the 90s and who is still around in politics.....
dartinghero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm

The Times, which has always run a very pro-establishment, ‘it’s all nonsense’ line on all of the various CSA inquiries, today ran a 3 inch column, right along the bottom of the front page and continuing inside, basically having a go at Veale, who wouldn’t back down from the Heath inquiry:

Mike Veale, police chief behind Heath sex inquiry, to quit with £2m pension

Fiona Hamilton, Crime Editor
November 7 2017, 12:01am, The Times

The chief constable who led a controversial investigation into alleged child abuse by Sir Edward Heath is planning to quit with the right to draw a pension of up to £2 million, The Times has learnt.

Mike Veale, 50, head of Wiltshire police, has faced criticism over his handling of the abuse inquiry into the late Tory prime minister. It concluded that Heath would have been interviewed under caution over allegations of rape and sexual assault dating between 1961 and 1992.

Mr Veale is said to have told colleagues that he is looking for a way out of the police after 33 years’ service. His salary is just under £150,000 and he is entitled to a final-salary pension. Experts said he could take about £80,000…

(continues behind paywall, but most of it can be read here:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/D2A4/production/_98642935_thetimes.jpg

Late this afternoon Veale has responded:

Mike Veale‏Verified account @wiltspoliceCC  2h2 hours ago

Statement from me below following a number of reports in the media about my position at Wiltshire Police.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Was owner of paedophile palace who kept list of secret VIP vistors murdered?

The Elm Guest House owner was found dead in 1990 but newly released files have led people to question if she committed suicide, and a call for a fresh inquest

By
Keir Mudie David Hencke
21:30, 11 NOV 2017 UPDATED22:20, 11 NOV 2017

The discovery of files that police said were destroyed has cast fresh doubts on the suicide ­verdict at the heart of the Westminster VIP paedo scandal.

Campaigners are demanding a review of the coroner’s verdict into the death of Carole Kasir and a new inquest.

Mrs Kasir ran the notorious paedophile brothel Elm Guest House in South West London. She may have kept a dossier of the perverted visitors’ names and photos from the early 80s.

The newly found files reveal her GP’s surprise at her apparent suicide. They also say syringes and vials found next to her body had not been analysed.

One source believes a fresh probe may expose a cover-up and reveal that Mrs Kasir, 47, who was found dead in her bed in 1990, had been murdered.

The Kasir files were released to ­campaigners under freedom of ­information rules after London’s Met Police said they had been destroyed.

Andrew Bridgen, Tory MP for North West Leicestershire, is among those ­calling for ­another inquest.

He said: “There is a case for a fresh investigation into the anomalies raised by these documents. One is that her GP questioned whether she had committed suicide but there are also other anomalies.”

Among the prominent people said to have visited the guest house and engaged in sex – some with consenting adults and some with children – were a government minister, a high-ranking policeman, a member of the Royal Household, an MI5 officer, traitor Anthony Blunt and Sir Peter Morrison, the Parliamentary Private Secretary to Margaret Thatcher.

A police investigation in 2015 failed to prove claims Mrs Kasir had kept a list and picture of the visitors.

A source close to the original ­investigation said: “If there’s a fresh look at Carole’s death and a full investigation into what exactly was going on at the time then there’s a good chance these things could turn up. If that happens it will blow the lid off any cover-up and it could reveal that she was murdered.

“I don’t think there’s any doubt this place is at the centre of things. The fact these files were found after the Met said they didn’t exist shows there is ­information out there that we could get.”

The papers show diabetic Mrs Kasir, convicted in 1983 for possessing obscene videos and keeping a disorderly house, tried to kill herself previously and she was found with an overdose of insulin.

Pathologist Richard Shepherd said her death was “not due to natural causes” noting her profound low blood sugar consistent with excessive injected insulin. One abnormality raised in the files is a decision by the poison unit at New Cross Hospital in London not to analyse the syringes and vials found next to her body to see if they were ­connected to her death or to check her stomach contents. Experts say this should have been normal practice in a toxicology report.

Colin Peters, a Foreign Office barrister, was also named as an alleged Elm House regular. Notorious paedophile Sidney Cooke was linked to providing boys for VIP sex parties in London.

Elm House itself was said to be home to a sauna and a video suite where sick films could be made. A man who said he was taken there as a child claimed he was plied with drink and made to wear a fairy costume while abusers chased him.

The files even raise a question mark about Mrs Kasir’s home country. The official report says she was born in Germany as Carole Weitzman, based on evidence given to the inquest by her estranged husband Haroon Kasir.

But a close family member says she was born in London and may have had the surname Jones. A campaigner said: “The fact that there are question marks over the basics makes you wonder what else went wrong. The whole thing needs re-examining.”

Deputy Labour leader Tom Watson was told by the Metropolitan Police that all the documents relating to the ­inquest had been destroyed.

Now it has emerged that information is untrue. Hammersmith ­coroner’s court, which held the inquest has ­released ­redacted accounts of the coroner’s notes, seen by the Sunday People. Evidence given by David Walker, who was a GP from the practice where Mrs Kasir had been a patient for 14 years, cast doubt on ­whether she had killed herself.

The evidence said she had ­attempted suicide in 1982, when the guest house was raided, been hospitalised after an overdose in 1984 and had a drinking problem in 1989 and was a heavy smoker.

But he said: “When there are marital difficulties you see the patient in a ­depressed light. Sometimes she was cheerful and ­friendly. I would not expect her to ­commit suicide.”

The postmortem report and the ­poisons unit report both show she had no alcohol in her body at the time of death.

Elm Guest House was used by paedos including late MP Cyril Smith

Elm Guest House first came to public attention after MP Tom Watson raised questions in the House of Commons about a historic Westminster paedophile ring.

The house in Barnes, South West London, was said to have been used for child sexual abuse by VIP paedos in the 1980s. A 1982 leaflet published by the Conservative Group for Homosexual Equality said: “The facilities include a sauna, solarium and video studio.”

Just weeks later the guest house was raided by police. Carole and Haroon Kasir were convicted at the Old Bailey of running a brothel.

Visitors were said to have included the late Lib Dem MP and paedophile Cyril Smith.

Elm and the nearby former Grafton Close children’s home, run by Richmond Council, were subject to a police investigation, Operation Fernbridge, which led to the arrest and jailing of a Roman Catholic priest,Tony McSweeney, for three years in 2015.

John Stingmore, the former manager of the children’s home, was also arrested and charged and as the coroner’s papers show, was convicted as a paedophile after he left Richmond Council. Stingmore died just before he was due to face trial so one of the charges related to bringing a boy to Elm Guest House was never tested in court.

McSweeney’s offences did not involve the guest house.

In early 1983 Mrs Kasir was convicted with her husband Haroon Kasir of running a disorderly house.

Although the identities of many of the VIP visitors has been a source of speculation, police confirmed to a Channel 4 Dispatches programme that Smith – whose paedophile activities at Rochdale are currently being examined by the independent child sex abuse inquiry – did visit the guest house. The inquiry was also told that MI5 lied about knowledge they had he was a paedophile.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/secret-files-prove-carole-kasir-11506791

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

David Hencke blog:

Exclusive: How newly found “destroyed” papers revive the mystery of the notorious gay and paedophile Elm Guest House

Posted on November 12, 2017 by davidhencke

CROSS POSTED ON BYLINE.COM
Fresh coroner’s papers covering the controversial inquest of Carole Kasir, the madam who ran with her husband, the notorious Elm Guest House in Barnes, south London have been discovered after the police said they had been destroyed
They revive the whole business of whether the venue for consenting gay adults was  used as a haunt for paedophiles. I have written  today with Keir Mudie, the Mirror’s deputy political editor, an article about it in the Sunday People and it is also on the Mirror website here.
The verdict by the Hammersmith coroner way back in 1990 was that she committed suicide – and given two suicide notes were found – so it should have been a slam dunk case.
But other people who gave evidence thought she might have been killed because she was alleged to have kept records and photographs of some of the visitors who came there – one of whom the Met police confirmed was Sir Cyril Smith, whom even the biggest naysayers about VIP paedophilia, would have difficulty today making a case that he was innocent.
What is extraordinary is that the Met Police did a recent investigation – Operation Fernbridge-  into Elm Guest House  and a Richmond Council children’s home Grafton Close – that led to the conviction of a Roman Catholic priest Tony McSweeney and the arrest and charging of the deputy manager of the home, John Stingmore on child sexual abuse. Yet they told an MP Tom Watson, now Labour’s deputy leader, who raised questions about the case, that all the papers relating to Kasir at the inquest had been destroyed.

That is plainly not the case as these redacted documents show. I understand that more recently the police may have checked back though there is no evidence that they are re-opening the Richmond investigation.
McSweeney was not charged with anything about Elm Guest House only in connection with the children’s home and abuse at Stingemore’s flat in Bexhill. Stingemore was charged with one count involving Elm Guest House but he died just before the case was due to come to court. So it was never tested in court.
What the documents do show illustrates how difficult it is to investigate historical child sexual abuse and the mass of contradictions -surrounding the story.
They even go down to Carole Kasir’s name  in the document. The official record gives her name as Weichman and born on 4 July 1942 in Germany. Her marriage certificate I have  recently learnt has Weichman as her father and her estranged husband at the time  said her name was Weichman. But a close relative  who should know said her maiden name was Carole Anne Jones and she was born in London.
The documents also raise questions about her suicide and here even the accounts are contradictory. Her GP, David Walker, who she had been a patient at his practice for 14 years, reveals she did have a history earlier of suicide, was diabetic and had a drink problem. But he concludes that she was NOT the type of person he expected to commit suicide.
The toxicology report from New Cross Hospital confirms she died from hypoglycemia and an overdose of insulin. But the examination did not bother to check the syringes or phials or the contents of her stomach. No alcohol was discovered.
But the most contentious  and sensational evidence came from other witnesesses One insisted that he had seen a pile of photographs of prominent people and documents naming which VIPs came there  at her home and another claimed she was being pursued by the security services and the police.
One piece of evidence from the inquest  does chime with the Metropolitan Police’s answer to Channel 4 Dispatches  is the involvement of Sir Cyril Smith. The detailed evidence to the inquest included a story that the overweight MP broke her toilet and wouldn’t pay for the repair which added a further dispute. between him and her.
The inquest also took evidence from Richmond Council  where Mr Jeffries, director of social services, admitted that Stingemore was a paedophile convicted in 1983 -a year after he left Richmond Council.
But Terry Earland, the head of children’s services, suspected that boys were being taken to Elm Guest House from Grafton Close earlier under Stingemore’s care. This appeared not to be taken up by the then director of social services, Louis Minster who  then suddenly resigned from the council.
Now you might say as many naysayers do, why should we be bothered. It is all in the past and we should move on. But I bet none of these people have looked into the eyes of people who have been abused and seen the havoc and destruction they have faced years after the event. They would prefer to just call them fantasists and say none of this probably happened anyway.
That is why we have an independent inquiry at the moment looking into historic child sexual abuse and certainly looking at the evidence it has already dredged out of  the sexual abuse of children at Knowl View School in Rochdale by Cyril Smith there was a cover up as well as abuse.
That is why painstakingly we need to get the nearest we can to the truth and pretending document’s don’t exist is not a way to get there.
https://davidhencke.com/2017/11/12/exclusive-how-newly-found-destroyed-papers-revive-the-mystery-of-the-notorious-gay-and-paedophile-elm-guest-house/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 am

CPS clearly struggling from both sides now. ‘Nick’ next?

Mark Watts‏ @MarkWatts_1 22m22 minutes ago

Darren’ was arrested in February. Then charged for making hoax claims. Media branded him a
“fantasist”. Trial was due to start on Monday.
But CPS has just DROPPED the charge. Lack of evidence.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 pm

https://www.byline.com/column/73/article/1943

Carole Kasir: Coroner was blocked from asking ‘incriminating’ questions of ex-lover

FOIA Centre
London17 Nov. 2017

Mark Watts reveals fresh questions over death of woman who ran notorious Elm Guest House as coroner’s office releases John Burton’s private notes on his inquest

• Coroner was forced to adjourn inquest because ex-boyfriend David Issett failed to show up
• Samples taken from syringes and vials found by Carole Kasir’s body were ‘not analysed’
• Carole Kasir was murdered, says NAYPIC’s Chris Fay, and he calls for release of police report

Coroner John Burton was blocked from asking “incriminating” questions of the former boyfriend of the woman who ran the notorious Elm Guest House.

I can reveal private notes taken by the coroner for Carole Kasir’s inquest in 1990 that shed new light on the case that has long been at the centre of controversy over whether the diabetic co-manager of a paedophile brothel linked to VIPs killed herself with an insulin overdose – or was murdered.

On Carole’s former boyfriend, David Issett, the late Dr Burton notes simply: “I cannot ask him any incriminating questions.” 
The notes do not say who, if anyone, had told Burton not to ask Issett any incriminating questions. It may have simply been a note to himself to beware of the risk of jeopardising a potential criminal prosecution. No such prosecution followed.
The coroner does not record anything similar for any other witness.

Burton says in his private papers that Issett did not show up for the inquest on August 8, and he notes: “Coroners Office Crown, I warned him of the inquest personally.”

After hearing other witnesses, the notes show that Burton adjourned the inquest for a fortnight so that Issett could again be told to attend.

The Daily Mail, before it switched direction over the scandal of “VIP paedophiles”, tracked down Issett in 2014 to ask him what he knew about Carole Kasir’s death. He said that he had split with her some time before she died, denied any wrongdoing, but admitted that he was forced to attend the inquest as a witness “on pain of arrest”.

Issett worked for ‘Patsy’ Puddles, who was identified by witnesses at the inquest as having threatened Carole. Puddles is no longer alive. 

The heavy-smoking and heavy-drinking Carole was found dead one Sunday in June 1990 in her home in Barnes, south-west London, with syringes and vials – and two letters described as “suicide notes” – next to her body. She was 47. One of the letters was addressed to Issett.

A post-mortem examination, carried out by Dr Richard Shepherd of Guy’s Hospital, found that she had “hypoglycaemia”, or low blood sugar, and “insulin overdosage”. A toxicology report said that her blood had extremely low levels of glucose.
At Kingston coroner’s court, Burton recorded a verdict of suicide. 
But the Sunday People revealed last weekend that newly-released medical evidence to the inquest showed that samples taken from the syringes and vials were “not analysed”. 
In addition, her GP told the inquest that he “would not expect her to commit suicide” despite two previous attempts at her own life.
But the coroner’s private notes, which have also been released, raise even bigger questions over Carole Kasir’s death.
Born Carole Linda Jones in London in July 1942, she owned and ran Elm Guest House with her then husband, Haroon Kasir, known as Harry. Police raided the place in 1982, and they were convicted of running a “disorderly house”, or a brothel. 
The venue, which was also in Barnes, operated between 1979 and 1982 as a guest house for gay men and as a paedophile brothel. 
Peter Glencross, a Dutch-based South African, working on behalf of an underground paedophile group called the Spartacus Club, persuaded Carole to make Elm Guest House part of its network of venues.
In 2012, the Metropolitan Police Service’s paedophile unit launched an investigation into historical claims that politicians and other prominent people sexually abused boys from the nearby Grafton Close children’s home at the guest house. 
That investigation, ‘Operation Fernbridge’, resulted in the jailing of the priest, Tony McSweeney, for three years in 2015 for a specimen charge of sexually abusing a boy at the children’s home and three charges of making indecent images of children. 
He was alleged to have carried out the sexual abuse with a former manager of Grafton Close, John Stingemore, who died the month before he was due to go on trial with McSweeney.
The Met confirmed in 2013 that Sir Cyril Smith, the former Liberal MP outed as a paedophile after his death in 2010, was a visitor to Elm Guest House.
Campaigners who wanted to see Carole Kasir’s inquest file asked me in August whether it could be obtained under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). 
I pointed out that while such files are not obtainable under FOIA, coroners have discretion to decide whether to disclose such material if there was strong public interest in releasing it to the requestor. As a journalist on World in Action, I had once accessed files for an old inquest simply by asking the coroner.
However, Burton was dead, and the old Kingston coroner’s court long gone. The West London coroner’s office had taken over responsibility and the old files. 
The coroner’s office then spent two months considering whether to release Carole Kasir’s inquest file. It was stalling. But after I sent a series of tweets about the issue last month, a decision was soon made to release the medical evidence – including post-mortem and toxicology reports – and, more significantly, large extracts of Burton’s own typed notes.
But  the coroner’s office has withheld some of the notes and other key material, such as the police report on her death.
Chris Fay, an advisor to the National Association for Young People in Care (NAYPIC), a campaign group that has since closed, gave evidence to the coroner that MPs, judges and other prominent people frequented Elm Guest House. He is calling for the release of police evidence to the inquest.
He told me: “I cannot see any reason why they should keep back documents like the police report.”
He knew Carole and believes that she was murdered. He urged the senior investigating officer of Operation Fernbridge to retrieve her inquest file and re-open the case.
Fay added: “He said that he got the Carole Kasir inquest file from West London coroner’s office, saying, ‘My men have been down there, and we have got the file.’”
Met officers are understood to have copied the contents of the file.
In the extracts released of the coroner’s notes on Harry Kasir’s testimony on August 8, Burton records him as saying: 
“I only know of one letter. I was shown the letter. It is in her handwriting.”
It appears that he was then shown the second letter at the inquest because the notes record: 
“Shown letters. They are in her writing. I had only seen the shorter letter. The longer letter is in her writing.”
Next, the coroner’s notes on Fay: 
“We had been dealing with her for two years. I last saw her on 23 April. I spoke to her a number of times up to June. She came to us concerned that in the early 80’s she had run a guest house in Barnes and was arrested by the police. She came to see us about activities in the guest house. She was worried that boys from Grafton Close were being supplied for people using the guest house.
“It is difficult to know who to tell about this. She had a lot of harassment from police and security services.
“I saw her on a number of occasions last year. She said that she was being followed around. She gave us car registration numbers. She said she was being harassed. I went to see her on a number of occasions. Once, there were a number of young people present. There was a white Escourt [sic] outside with a man in it. I went downstairs, she was upset and angry. We tapped on the window. Two police turned up. There was some discussion. She was threated [sic] with arrest for breach of the peace. She said that this was a common occurance [sic].” 
“I went to her home 18 March. She said that she had a number of threatening phone calls from Patsy Puddles as well as an occasion in a public house, when she was approached by two uniformed police. She said that they harrassed [sic] her.
“I saw her again 16 April. Long conversation. All about children from children’s home. She said she was concerned about things that she found out afterwards. She mentioned a lot of people. She mentioned a lot of well known people. She needed to produce evidence. She gave me the Guest House Registers – those not seized by the police – and ones returned from the Crown Court. She was angry and emotional. She was distrustful of people. She would not give me photographs. She showed me photographs. She said that they were in a safe place. She phoned the office on a number of occasions for further help. She had a lot of problems with DoHSS [Department of Health and Social Security, as it then was], who said that she did not have a NI number. She was extremely frightened. She said that she was getting phone calls and being followed about. Gave us numbers of vehicles. I heard from a psychotherapist in June that she had died.”
“This type of case is not unusual. It is difficult to know who to trust. I would not trust Govt or local services. She was harassed by security services. We did not get any evidence until recently. She gave us the names of boys from Grafton Close. John Stry [“Stringemoor” is added in hand-writing] was connected in child pornography. That was in Bexhill.
“At the time she was with us she was living with David Isitt [sic]. I later found out that he worked for Mr Puddles. I did not like him. I passed the information on to Mrs Kasir. She rang us from a pub to say that Mr Isett [sic] was in the pub with him.”
“There are no current allegations. (Old ones 1982) I certainly believed her… She had talked to legal advisors about this. She had not gone to the authorities. It was the authorities that were intimidating her.
“We have MPs. We have hundreds of cases of child abuse. There are 130,000 children in care.”
The coroner’s notes go on to the next two witnesses:
“Clive Godden Private Investigator. I do not want to give my address. I have been acting for Mrs Kasir since Feb 1990 when I visited her.
“The MPs are involved in child pornography. The police tell us to keep quiet. They say that they need evidence… She spoke of Isett [sic] and Puddles and a hotel raid in 1982. She said who was there. The hotel was full of MPs. She says that she and her husband were arrested. I suggested that she saw a police contact. This upset her. I do not know why. She said that she was frightened for her life. She said that Patsy Puddles threatened her in (? October) I reported it to NSY [New Scotland Yard]. They said that they know. She offered me a diary from David Isitt [sic]. The police have this. I contacted Inspector Stoodley [Roger Stoodley, who went on to become a chief superintendent, investigated some of Britain’s most notorious paedophiles such as Sidney Cooke]… and the pornographic dept.
“She asked if I had seen a car. She pointed. The car drove off like the wind. I thought that she was in danger. I phoned Mr Fay.
“On 5 March, I met her at Hammersmith Police Station. I took her to see Chris Fay. She talked for three hours. She identified photographs. She said that a solicitors office had her papers. She would not say who, but they would not let her have them… MI5 involved.
“Questioned by Husband. I have no documentary evidence of Mrs Kasirs dealings with Members of Parliament. I take on oath what she told me.
“Husband… Photographs – she was about blind.”
“Mary Moss. National Association of Young People in Care… I met Carole in March. She contacted us… I met her. She said that in 1980 there was a raid on her guest house. It was under the Prevention of Terrorism Act. She said she was wrongfully arrested. She said that she did not know about child pornography.”
“She was introduced to Peter Glencross – who owned Spartacus. She said that she knew nothing about this. She was advised to find out what had happened in Grafton Close. [Louis] Minster, the Director of Social Services in Richmond came to the guest house. She thought that Minster and Glencross were brothers... Boys [were supplied] to the guest house without her knowledge. She gave us the log books.
“Coroner. Inquest adjourned two weeks to notify Isitt [sic] again. Call Family doctor. Notes are not normally read at inquest. For a verdict of suicide, there must be evidence of intent to take one’s own life and consciousness of what one is doing. The note may provide evidence that the act was intentional – or that the mind was so disturbed as to be unaware of the consequence… She says that she intends to be removed in a coffin. She blames a person for her predicament. She makes no mention of the issues mentioned today. I have to be satisfied that the letter was written by the deceased and voluntarily.”
Burton’s notes then recount Issett’s testimony given to the adjourned hearing on August 22:
“David John Isitt [sic]. I know Mrs Kasir. I was not present at the last inquest. I have seen copies of the letters. They are in her writing. She was living with me until six to eight months ago. I met Mr Puddles in the pub when she was living with me. I work for Mr Puddles. She would ring me and pick me up. My work is painting and building work.
“I was supposed to see her on the Friday – but I did not. We were going to Brighton for the day. I did not see her at all. I saw her on the Thursday in the Bull and Bush and then in the A ? and Crown. She was getting thrown out of her home if she did not pay the mortgage. I know nothing of threatening phone calls. She was not followed while I was there.
“In November [1989] when she was mugged, I was in Dunstable. She was in hospital. She just said that she was mugged.”
“I had only known her 14 or 15 months. That was at Barnes. She did not mention child pornography rings. She showed me the cutting in the paper for which she was nicked. On Thursday – we were going to Brighton on the Friday – I should have gone to the house on the Thursday. I did not go. She came to the pub on the dinner time. She was cross. She did not speak to me at all…. There were people that she knew in the pub. I bought her a drink, but she did not want it and left.
“I do not want the letter that she wrote.”
Her GP, Dr David Walker, told the inquest that Carole had been diabetic since 1965. She suffered burns to the neck in 1981. “Poured meths onto neck and set alight,” the coroner notes.
He continues: “Seen by a psychiatrist. Domestic and marital problems. Attempted suicide. In 1982, I saw a lot of her.” 
The following year she was admitted to Long Grove, then a mental hospital in Epsom, Surrey.
She took an overdose in 1984: “Two injections insulin plus tablets.”
She told Walker in November 1989 that she had been mugged outside her flat, and had a fracture of the cheek bone, but did not say who had done it.
By now, he said, “she had been drinking heavily.”
The GP, according to the coroner’s notes continued:
“Because of her poor eyesight, writing was a chore. She had to hold it within inches of her face. She was incredibly short sighted and she often did not wear her incredibly thick spectacles.”
“On Sunday 17 June 1990 I was called to the flat. She was in bed, under one layer of blankets. On her back. Fully clothed… A neighbourhood policeman who knew her well was present. Rigor mortis. Been dead over 6 hours. She had make up on. There was a half empty bottle of insulin and a needle and syringe on a chest of drawers. I was shown a note. I was not familiar with her writing.”
Dr Richard Shepherd’s post-mortem report is clear that Carole had low blood-sugar levels and an insulin overdose, but he adds: “It is not possible to confirm insulin levels in post-mortem material with accuracy.”
If it was an insulin overdose, who injected it into her? Burton concludes: “She took her own life.”
But then he put down her maiden name mistakenly as Weichman, and her place of birth wrongly as Germany. He even mis-spelled her name as Carole Kazir, all of which raises questions about what else he may have got wrong.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D Today at 10:29 am

Scepticpeg blog from last week. Not sure there is anything new within the article, but it pulls most of Kerr’s claims into one place, together with added background. Full article can be accessed via either of the links.

NORTHERN IRELAND
KINCORA SURVIVOR – RICHARD KERR

On 13th November 2017, Villagemagazine.ie published a very moving and eye-opening account of Richard Kerr’s experiences within the care system of Northern Ireland, and his subsequent abuse at the hands of some very powerful people.

I have chosen to blog it in full as I believe it is a very important element of the larger story of abuse by those in power.  I also firmly feel that victims and survivors of abuse deserve to have their voices heard.  This is for Richard Kerr, Clint Massey, Stephen Waring and all other children who suffered at the hands of some brutal, sadistic men.

https://scepticpeg.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/northern-ireland-kincora-survivor-richard-kerr/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum