The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

I just don't get it

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I just don't get it

Post by tigger on 27.06.13 7:43

@Who?What?Where? wrote:What I don't get, is how a perfectly reasonable question about The Daily Express, seem's to have been taken over by the gay right's lobby.

OK, you are gay. Big deal. If you are not harming anyone, then live your life as you see fit.

Nature has decided that , as a human being, you cannot ,naturally, have children,with your same sex partner. Tough luck. That is the way nature is. If you can't accept that go and live in a universe where nature allow's that. Do you know of one?

Stop trying to force your opinion's and supposed right's, upon the majority.

I must agree - Mira2 shouldn't worry about the government turning all young men 'gay'. That's not what's wrong with society imo.
The constricting myth of marriage and 'happily ever after' does far more harm. We are tribal animals, we should live in an environment where kinship (in Wales there was a 'law of kinship' where one could claim help and support from very distant relatives in emergencies) would support individuals and family.
Instead the government has taken over and made up the rules and imo it's not working.
Dividing up households and having large numbers of people living alone sells more fridges and TVs, brings in more tax.

About gay people - so fine, why should that be a problem? A certain percentage of  animals are also 'gay'. I don't agree with promoting homosexuality in schools as a 'norm' and certainly not for young children to be so instructed. Imo it's just a part of the wide variety of the human race which seems to do pretty well in perpetuating itself.

I do think it's most annoying how it is still presented as a sort of 'victimhood' - how awful it is for the family and so on. I also think a lot of that is attention-seeking because being gay is no longer any kind of stigma or affliction and imo there are  those who may be missing the status of suffering victims of fate.
Years ago I saw 'A chorus line' on stage, dreadful music, dreadful plot, more than half taken up by the astounding news that someone attracted to the stage was gay.

Being gay isn't a defining characteristic, your behaviour, your ethics, your job, your beliefs define your character, sexual orientation is immaterial imo as long as no criminal action is committed.
I have several gay friends, of some I didn't have a clue they were gay although they weren't hiding it, it just didn't come up as a point of interest in the conversation. When I found out, so what? They were still the same people.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.06.13 9:25

Well said Tigger. I have been alarmed at the explicit sex education material (both straight and gay) aimed at very young children in recent years but then I'm of the generation where the extent of our learning was the reproductive system of rabbits!

I would not want to go back to those dark ages where sex outside marriage was considered absolutely dreadful and could lead to families being torn apart for ever.

As long as we are talking of consenting adults in private (don't frighten the horses, please!) it really is no concern of anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.06.13 12:26

Well, I thought I'd read it all on the net and nothing would ever surprise me again ...I was wrong.

Giving a 12 year old boy condoms will turn him gay? spit coffee Seriously?

I know people who have struggled with their sexuality. One close friend tied himself in knots before finally coming out. He was totally gobsmacked to find that most of us already knew and that, although it was a massive deal for him, it made no difference for us.

The cynic in me thinks that the derailment of this thread may be a deliberate attempt to draw out homophobic comments that could be used against us on twitter and facebook.

It won't work because the people who post on here are unprejudiced, kind and considerate. They are the sort of people who want justice for a complete stranger and they certainly aren't the kind of people who post hateful comments about others who are doing nothing (legally or morally) wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 27.06.13 12:37

Well said Poe.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 27.06.13 12:43

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Well said Tigger. I have been alarmed at the explicit sex education material (both straight and gay) aimed at very young children in recent years but then I'm of the generation where the extent of our learning was the reproductive system of rabbits!

I would not want to go back to those dark ages where sex outside marriage was considered absolutely dreadful and could lead to families being torn apart for ever.

As long as we are talking of consenting adults in private (don't frighten the horses, please!) it really is no concern of anyone else.
I went to a catholic school, we were taught the reproduction system of an amoeba, big grin

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.06.13 12:53

Supportive father overhears son talking about coming out as gay, writes him a heartwarming, reassuring note

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/viral-hit-supportive-dad-note-gay-son-article-1.1290730#ixzz2XPtuwVxQ
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.06.13 13:15

Cristobell, oh yes I can remember drawing pictures of the amoeba! 

I remember well the classic coming out conversation with my then teenage son. He'd made some comment about having one or two relationships in the past and I asked him why he'd never brought any of these girls home. "Who said they have to be girls?" was his reply which took a few seconds to sink in!

He said later that he'd been afraid to tell me because he feared I'd reject him - something I found very sad but it still does happen at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 27.06.13 14:30

I think somebody's sexuality is completely their own business.

I really don't see what it has to do with anybody else unless laws are broken and that goes for all sexual orientations.

I was going to emigrate somewhere that I discovered was intolerant to anything other than heterosexuals.
Even though I am heterosexual I didn't want to live somewhere that was that bigoted and changed my plans.

A persons character is what counts in life.

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.06.13 14:38

Can I remind members of the first post in this thread....

How come the Daily Express and others but particularly the Express can be full of 'anti Mccann' headlines, then once sued totally change their opinion so to speak?. For example tomorrows headlines about MC in Brazil?

I cannot believe that the paper suddenly supports the McCanns surely it would be better for them to remain silent and just wait until the time comes when they can say 'told you so?'

offtopic

The thread has gone totally off topic, so can we get back to the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 27.06.13 14:52

Back on topic

The McCanns sell papers and whether it goes against what the paper actually believes if they expect the McCanns at some point to be charged the fall out will be greater if they have still been prominent in the papers, so more sales. Win win all round.

They do sometimes get their point across in other ways if you look for it I.e. adjacent articles, the Express apology was a classic

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 27.06.13 15:45

sally66 wrote:
They do sometimes get their point across in other ways if you look for it I.e. adjacent articles,  the Express apology was a classic
Hi Sally66, do we have a copy of the Express apology here, I can't seem to find it and would love to read it?
bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 27.06.13 17:34

@bristow wrote:
sally66 wrote:
They do sometimes get their point across in other ways if you look for it I.e. adjacent articles,  the Express apology was a classic
Hi Sally66, do we have a copy of the Express apology here, I can't seem to find it and would love to read it?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id89.html

Look at the word underneath these things are never by accident, a lot of effort is put into the layout especially the front page

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum