The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Cleaning of 5A

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cleaning of 5A

Post by roz on 04.10.17 7:56

I have to amend what I said earlier on this thread re the apartment cleaning staff (my italics):
Maria Amelia Furtado Pinheiro Gordinho – 8.5.07 Cleaner O.C. (snipped)
She has Wednesday afternoons and Sundays off.
(Adianta que as tardes de terca-feira, bem como os domingos estao reservados para as suas folgas.)

It should translate as Tuesday (terca) afternoons and not Wednesday (quarta) afternoons.

My amendment is now that:  Out of the 11 apartment cleaning staff that state their days off - 11 of them state their days off as being Sunday and half day Tuesday.

Fatima Maria Serafim da Silva Espada 8.5.07 (snipped) - She has a fixed day off on Tuesdays and had a day off on May 1st (national holiday) as well Sunday afternoon 29th April. 

Is this the wrong way round? Did she have a fixed day off on Sunday 29th April, as well as Tuesday afternoon?  (Tuesday 1st May 2007, she now has a full day off – public holiday).

I have no explanation as to why it states that Fatima had half day Sunday April 29th, other than it being a mistake in the giving of the statement by Fatima, or the taking of the statement by Jose Luis, Inspector.

General Governess - Marina Castela - 7.5.07 does not mention any Sunday cleaning duties.

So when did Fatima take her half-day that week?
Was it possibly Monday afternoon (an apartment-cleaning day) that Fatima (on finishing her work and going to help her mother in 5I) saw the Mc Canns and 3 children leave 5A to go upstairs to the Payne apartment?

I take on board what has been said – that there is no proof that one of those 3 children going up the stairs was Madeleine – but I have to ask – If the gathering place at lunch time (initially) was in Payne’s apartment, and the Mc Canns had the twins and a different child with them, then where did Gerry and Kate say Madeleine was?  (Dianne W, more than likely, would also have been there.)

I do believe that Fatima saw the Mc Canns leave apartment 5A, and I also think that it does matter what day it was that Fatima saw them.
roz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 04.10.17 8:58

I should also have said:
Nazare Conceicao Silva Vicente 8.5.07 Cleaner OC (snipped)
Her working day is from 10.00 to 18.00. She has Sundays and Wednesday afternoons off.
(Que o seu horario de trabalho e das 10H00 as 18H00 e folga aos domingos e tercas da parte da tarde.)

This should also translate to Sundays and Tuesday afternoons off (terca) not Wednesday (quarta).
roz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 04.10.17 12:04

The half-day on Tuesdays would seem to make sense in the following scenario. Saturday deep cleaning, Sunday off, Monday cleaning, Tuesday, just bins emptied -

the cleaning is carried out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The collection of rubbish is carried out on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Saturdays being the day were a deeper cleaning is carried out.

If the last credible independent sighting of Madeleine was indeed by the cleaner on Monday at lunchtime rather than Sunday, surely this suggests that Madeleine was still alive on Monday? The 15/20 mins  which Madeleine is recorded in the log as having spent in creche on the Monday afternoon has always struck me as having a ring of truth. 
Phoebe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 04.10.17 12:35

Without knowledge of the true workings of the domestic cleaning arrangements adopted by the Ocean Club in the summer of 2007, it's an impossible subject to fathom.

From my understanding, at the time the majority of apartments were privately owned but managed by the Ocean Club staff - many being contracted by different tour companies through the Ocean Club management scheme.  I haven't the time nor inclination to check out any PJ service document that might further explain the cleaners work schedules but they mostly seem to work five and half days a week.  The holiday apartments were said to be cleaned three times a week, so what were the cleaners doing for the remaining two-three days?

I don't doubt, on occasions an apartment owner might occupy their own property when visiting Praia da Luz and beforehand arrange for a clean and airing.  Ever had a whiff of an apartment or room that's been left unoccupied for a few months?

As I say, there is no way of knowing the domestic arrangements administered by the Ocean Club in 2007.  In addition without knowledge of the exact layout of Ocean Club block 5, it's difficult, if not impossible, to determine where the witness was when she saw a family apparently making their way to a first floor apartment.  In her witness statement, she says it was definitely Madeleine she saw because she recognized her from the photographs that were circulated at the time.  Back to that again!

I don't think so bignono .

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum