The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. Regist10

Hacked Off Campaign.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. Empty Hacked Off Campaign.

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 6:54

Hacked Off projected visuals onto the Houses of Parliament indicating the number of people who have 'signed' their petition last night. I'm shocked to put it mildly that this is allowable. Does it mean that anyone with money (Hacked Off is a not-for-profit company by the way) and the resources can project their campaign on a public building?

So, who gave them permission to do that?

How was it organised and carried out just days after Leveson's Report when there has been no debate as yet other than the parliamentary discussion immediately following Leveson's release of the report?

Is it a precedent for anyone with a bugbear to do the same? If Hacked Off can do it then anyone who wants to demonstrate must surely be allowed the same.

I am deeply disturbed by this.

ETA. This in my opinion amounts to electronic grafitti. There are many, many causes in UK with huge funds that could adopt the same position. I can't think of any other advertising that isn't paid for or has to gain permission. Please enlighten me if I've got it wrong.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. Empty Re: Hacked Off Campaign.

Post by tigger 03.12.12 7:00

a) I think they're going to far, pushing themselves and their 'plight' into the public's face in that manner.

b) it's an expensive thing to do in order to publicise yourself and one wonders who's paying for this.

c) some people have forgotten that it wasn't the journalists who wiped Millie Dowler's phone. Initially it was thought to be the case, but it turned out to have been the police themselves.

d) there is already a law in place to prevent all this - the McCanns and Grant et al have courted and instigated publicity when it suited them. They're doing the same right now with this stunt. So the publicity of this expensive stunt is OK then?

As Brian Sewell once said to an annoying would-be artist: 'Please go away. Quickly.'

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 7:10

tigger wrote:a) I think they're going to far, pushing themselves and their 'plight' into the public's face in that manner.

b) it's an expensive thing to do in order to publicise yourself and one wonders who's paying for this.

c) some people have forgotten that it wasn't the journalists who wiped Millie Dowler's phone. Initially it was thought to be the case, but it turned out to have been the police themselves.

d) there is already a law in place to prevent all this - the McCanns and Grant et al have courted and instigated publicity when it suited them. They're doing the same right now with this stunt. So the publicity of this expensive stunt is OK then?

As Brian Sewell once said to an annoying would-be artist: 'Please go away. Quickly.'

Good morning Tigger,

I edited my post. I'm truly shocked that electronic protest (grafitti) is happening. Indeed, who funded it?

The electronic signatures (I've mentioned in a previous post) are dubious as they aren't verifiable as far as I know. Hacked Off has really hacked me off.

Electronic Grafitti - the way forward!!!!
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 7:35

In the last few months we have seen the Queens Jubilee with electronic projections onto Buckingham Palace. What a spectacular sight to see Madness dancing ontop of the palace singing 'our house' - a triumph for the event.

We have seen Missing People have KM launch a campaign which was supported by The Outdoor Media Centre. I am in no way suggesting they are involved with the latest (imo) stunt from Hacked Off and whoever paid for it.

The difference between the two is Buckingham Palace was a 'one-off celebration' and Missing People's campaign goes through regular channels and uses regular media which is paid for and regulated I believe.

I want to see all political parties come out today and tell me that this form of electronic grafitti protest is not allowable. It's a cheap stunt (well not cheap but we're back to who funded it).

My God, this is a sad day for me to see this. Will Starbucks be advertising their coffee and telling us they're paying tax now? (I'm only using this as an example).
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 10:01

Whilst the hacked off campaign are wanting the press regulated - we now have this...........

3 December 2012 Last updated at 01:43

UN internet regulation treaty talks begin in Dubai

A UN agency is trying to calm fears that the internet could be damaged by a conference it is hosting.

Government regulators from 193 countries are in Dubai to revise a wide-ranging communications treaty.

Google has warned the event threatened the "open internet", while the EU said the current system worked, adding: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it

More here....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20575844#
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 10:09

Interesting

[snipped]

Hacked Off yesterday boasted that its online petition had been signed by more than 100,000 – although critics have questioned the thoroughness of checks to ensure all signatures are genuine.

A similar petition on the Government’s website, where all names are checked, has been signed by fewer than 5,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242034/Labours-bid-hijack-Hacked-Off-petition-shackle-British-Press-implementing-Leveson-report-full.html#ixzz2Dywo3YLs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 10:45

[quote="candyfloss"]Interesting

[snipped]

Hacked Off yesterday boasted that its online petition had been signed by more than 100,000 – although critics have questioned the thoroughness of checks to ensure all signatures are genuine.

A similar petition on the Government’s website, where all names are checked, has been signed by fewer than 5,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242034/Labours-bid-hijack-Hacked-Off-petition-shackle-British-Press-implementing-Leveson-report-full.html#ixzz2Dywo3YLs[/quote]

I looked at the Hacked Off site's petition and questioned it immediately. It asks for an email address and a name. I commented on this forum whether those with multiple email addresses and those outside UK were eligible.

Hacked Off is a not for profit company (now where have I heard that before) begging for donations, telling us money is paramount to phase three (?????) and all of a sudden it's up in laser lights on the Houses of Parliament!

Several high profile celebs, a few commoners (the real ones who have been affected by gutter press and not all of them want the press to be stifled) and an ENORMOUS pre-conceived campaign ready to go within in days of the Leveson report. Christ (I am taking the Lord's name in vain here) if that had been the strategy of an animal rights group or some such for example it would have been squashed like an ant.

Oh what the hell, let Gerald McCann have a high powered job in government (and I believe that is on the agenda), let him be the mouthpiece for a small while. Let Kate McCann be used. It still doesn't alter the fact that Madeleine isn't found does it Gerry? does it Kate?

As for the Dowlers, they have in my opinion been more abused by the machinations of the people who purport (yes, purport in its correct meaning) to be on their side. The celebs (and let us look at the mottley crew whose careers depend on the media) are not in the same league as the Dowlers. The McCanns imo have no axe to grind in terms of receiving support from every available means. The McCanns are showing their true colours imo.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.12.12 11:27

Just had a tweet from `Fleetstreetfox` saying he`s just signed the hacked-off petition as Hugh Grant and there were no checks to see if he was in the UK or even if his name is Hugh !

And later signed as Andy Coulson, no checking of IP address - it went through.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 11:43

Woofer wrote:Just had a tweet from `Fleetstreetfox` saying he`s just signed the hacked-off petition as Hugh Grant and there were no checks to see if he was in the UK or even if his name is Hugh !

And later signed as Andy Coulson, no checking of IP address - it went through.

If you signed Daphne du canard it would make no difference. It's a blooming sham. And if anyone is thinking of suing me they had better just bring a pair of handcuffs and lock me up. I have nothing of value to offer.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 03.12.12 11:46

I have just looked in on Hacked Off website and checked their petition page. Although it rejects multiple signings using the same email address, there is absolutely no identity check what so ever. It is therefore possible for any number of pro-activists to sign up as many times as they like using bogus hotmail.com, live.com, gmail.com, etc addresses. This totally discredit their modus operandi and invalidates their petition imo.

What we are seeing here is a political pressure group, led by a handful of celebrities, adopting disproportionately aggressive and high profile media tactics in an effort to undermine the integrity of the democratic process carried out by our elected government.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 11:49

Ribisl wrote:I have just looked in on Hacked Off website and checked their petition page. Although it rejects multiple signings using the same email address, there is absolutely no identity check what so ever. It is therefore possible for any number of pro-activists to sign up as many times as they like using bogus hotmail.com, live.com, gmail.com, etc addresses. This totally discredit their modus operandi and invalidates their petition imo.

What we are seeing here is a political pressure group, led by a handful of celebrities, adopting disproportionately aggressive and high profile media tactics in an effort to undermine the integrity of the democratic process carried out by our elected government.

and a political pressure group who lights up their sham poll on the houses of parliament.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 13:08

Aquila, you just made me go sign the petition again Hacked Off Campaign. 742129
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.12.12 13:09

I have read quite a few tweets from people saying they have signed under fake names and were accepted. The e- petition at direct gov. has just under 5000 signatures.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.12 13:19

Thank goodness the fraudulent way in which petition names are being added has been exposed at an early stage. It will, as a result, have zero value. I daresay our prees, who like to expose wrongdoing, will fully bring this out! - thus proving again the value of a free press.

To look at the disturbing projection of this electronic image onto the Houses of Parliament is to lead us to look back at just how and by whom the Hacked Off campaign was started.

Rather than repeat it here, please look at the thread I started here, it will repay you reading it all, if you've not done so already:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5993-disturbing-questions-over-leveson-s-key-adviser-2-daily-mail-dossier-parts-1-2-3-and-commentary-in-telegraph-and-guardian

This campaign has been planned and nurtured for at least 7 years and is part of a concerted effort to control our free press, which is already far too controlled simply by undue fear of our oppressive libel laws.

For sure, they will try to control the interent next...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 13:30

[quote="candyfloss"]Whilst the hacked off campaign are wanting the press regulated - we now have this...........

3 December 2012 Last updated at 01:43

Yep, Tony, I posted this earlier

UN internet regulation treaty talks begin in Dubai

A UN agency is trying to calm fears that the internet could be damaged by a conference it is hosting.

Government regulators from 193 countries are in Dubai to revise a wide-ranging communications treaty.

Google has warned the event threatened the "open internet", while the EU said the current system worked, adding: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it

More here....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20575844#
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.12.12 13:40

signatures allowed through on hacked off website acc to twitter.

ANDY COULSON, HUGH GRANT.... no checks on ip adds both done on same computer.
I think kim jong il might be deleted though!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.12.12 13:48

Tony Bennett wrote:Thank goodness the fraudulent way in which petition names are being added has been exposed at an early stage. It will, as a result, have zero value. I daresay our prees, who like to expose wrongdoing, will fully bring this out! - thus proving again the value of a free press.

To look at the disturbing projection of this electronic image onto the Houses of Parliament is to lead us to look back at just how and by whom the Hacked Off campaign was started.

Rather than repeat it here, please look at the thread I started here, it will repay you reading it all, if you've not done so already:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5993-disturbing-questions-over-leveson-s-key-adviser-2-daily-mail-dossier-parts-1-2-3-and-commentary-in-telegraph-and-guardian

This campaign has been planned and nurtured for at least 7 years and is part of a concerted effort to control our free press, which is already far too controlled simply by undue fear of our oppressive libel laws.

For sure, they will try to control the interent next...

If we had a FREE press, Jimmy Savile wouldn't have gotten to away with what he did. And let's not forget why the Levison Inquiry was set up in the first place.......the likes of R Brooks and others BROKE THE LAW, and hopefully, will be punished. So in my opinion the press should have more freedom, not less, so those who want to gag the press because they fear their lies will be exposed, beware, your sins WIN find you out, eventually
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.12.12 14:01

aquila wrote:
Ribisl wrote:I have just looked in on Hacked Off website and checked their petition page. Although it rejects multiple signings using the same email address, there is absolutely no identity check what so ever. It is therefore possible for any number of pro-activists to sign up as many times as they like using bogus hotmail.com, live.com, gmail.com, etc addresses. This totally discredit their modus operandi and invalidates their petition imo.

and a political pressure group who lights up their sham poll on the houses of parliament.

clapping1 Ribisl - please publish this somewhere anywhere, I've an idea! What about projecting it on the Houses of Parliament...

Money no object, don't tell me that a giant portret of Gerry was projected on the houses of Parliament. One of the fragrant M. Grant as well?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 16:20

russiandoll wrote:signatures allowed through on hacked off website acc to twitter.

ANDY COULSON, HUGH GRANT.... no checks on ip adds both done on same computer.
I think kim jong il might be deleted though!

I wonder how many Harry Potters have signed. Hacked Off Campaign. 110921

ETA If Jimmy Savile were alive I'm sure he'd sign.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 16:23

tcat wrote:Aquila, you just made me go sign the petition again Hacked Off Campaign. 742129

From Belgium, I was able to sign too.

Three cheers for the freedom of the Belgian Press: no more Hugues le Grands for us any more!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.12 16:31

tcat wrote:Aquila, you just made me go sign the petition again Hacked Off Campaign. 742129

well what name did you use this time tcat? I hope it was something outrageous....let me think...tcat...top cat...Officer Dibble?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 17:08

aquila wrote:

well what name did you use this time tcat? I hope it was something outrageous....let me think...tcat...top cat...Officer Dibble?
Aquila Hacked Off Campaign. 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.12 17:10

Absolutely nothing's going to happen now anyway, the establishment has played it's royalist trump card Hacked Off Campaign. 173510
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 03.12.12 22:05

It might be time to bring out two of my alter ego's, Seymour Titz and Hugh Janus just for the hacked off petitionHacked Off Campaign. 110921
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 03.12.12 22:12

Bob Southgate wrote:It might be time to bring out two of my alter ego's, Seymour Titz and Hugh Janus just for the hacked off petitionHacked Off Campaign. 110921

Duly signed in both names, which shows what a farce their petiton is.
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top