The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by aiyoyo on 30.11.12 1:32

@david_uk wrote:HERE COMES THE PRE-WASH!!

Yeap, starting already - by first pouring bleach on it...and waiting.........eventually the mccanns will emerge from it all whiter than WHITE.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann on Leveson report

Post by Ribisl on 30.11.12 8:50

Gerry McCann interviewed on Today around 8.10am. Should be available on Podcast later.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by david_uk on 30.11.12 9:12

Seriously, i think its time to give up guys. This really is the pre-wash, then the SY heavy wash for badly soiled items, then the Rinse and Spin. The McCanns will never have to answer for anything. sad but true

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion
avatar
david_uk

Posts : 320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by C.Edwards on 30.11.12 9:30

@david_uk wrote:Seriously, i think its time to give up guys. This really is the pre-wash, then the SY heavy wash for badly soiled items, then the Rinse and Spin. The McCanns will never have to answer for anything. sad but true

I'm thinking broadly the same. And yet what does give me a slight bit of hope is Tugendhat's statement, "Suppose it’s established that the Claimants had lied about what happened" as, IF there was some high-level desire to hide/collude/cover-up, then surely he'd never have been so open with his opinion?

If there is still the chance that Tony Bennett's court appearance may lead to certain, shall we say "inconsistencies" being revealed, then this would be hugely at odds with the Leveson/current media portrayal of the McCanns as simple victims in all this.

I'm not, however, holding my breath. I think the Portuguese court appearance will be more interesting as I believe the McCanns will have to demonstrate their version of events is true and as there are discrepancies with the official police files, that may prove a bit trickier. I am growing despondent with this however as there still seems to be a collective lack of plain common sense (or maybe just fear of litigation?) when dealing with the McCanns.

PeterMac - you produced some interesting articles on some murder cases/attempted cover ups recently. Are you aware of any statistics relating to stranger abductions anywhere? Specifically where the child was of Madeleine's age and was taken from a private house and wasn't recovered inside a few hours to a day? I've seen online interviews with specialists stating that Madeleine is far from the typical profile for either pedophiles or child trafficking and I'd have thought that in a game of odds, the amount of things that would have had to stack up for the story according to the McCanns to be absolutely true would be simply staggering?

C.Edwards

Posts : 144
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by aquila on 30.11.12 9:38

It's not time to give up on justice for Madeleine. It's time to dig in those heels and continue. Keep right on to the end of the road. Times change, political careers change, individuals change, the press changes. Keep going.

There are decent, honest and canny police and journalists who may just deliver.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8895
Reputation : 1802
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.12 10:00

@aquila wrote:It's not time to give up on justice for Madeleine. It's time to dig in those heels and continue. Keep right on to the end of the road. Times change, political careers change, individuals change, the press changes. Keep going.

There are decent, honest and canny police and journalists who may just deliver.
And we have the example of Emile Zola to inspire us.

This from Wikipedia, with my highlighting in red:

++++++++++++++++

Captain Alfred Dreyfus was a Jewish artillery officer in the French army. When the French intelligence found information about someone giving the German embassy military secrets, anti-semitism seems to have caused senior officers to suspect Dreyfus, though there was no direct evidence of any wrongdoing. Dreyfus was court-martialled, convicted of treason and sent to Devil's Island in French Guiana.

Lt. Col. Georges Picquart came across evidence that implicated another officer, Ferdinand Walsin Esterhazy and informed his superiors. Rather than move to clear Dreyfus, the decision was made to protect Esterhazy and ensure the original verdict was not overturned. Major Hubert-Joseph Henry forged documents that made it seem that Dreyfus was guilty and then had Picquart assigned to duty in Africa. Before leaving, Picquart told some of Dreyfus's supporters what he knew. Soon Senator August Scheurer-Kestner took up the case and announced in the Senate that Dreyfus was innocent and accused Esterhazy. The right-wing government refused new evidence to be allowed and Esterhazy was tried and acquitted. Picquart was then sentenced to 60 days in prison.

Émile Zola risked his career and more on 13 January 1898, when his "J'accuse",[2] was published on the front page of the Paris daily L'Aurore. The newspaper was run by Ernest Vaughan and Georges Clemenceau, who decided that the controversial story would be in the form of an open letter to the President, Félix Faure. Émile Zola's "J'Accuse" accused the highest levels of the French Army of obstruction of justice and antisemitism by having wrongfully convicted Alfred Dreyfus to life imprisonment on Devil's Island. Zola's intention was that he be prosecuted for libel so that the new evidence in support of Dreyfus would be made public.[3] The case, known as the Dreyfus affair, divided France deeply between the reactionary army and church and the more liberal commercial society. The ramifications continued for many years; on the 100th anniversary of Zola's article, France's Roman Catholic daily paper, La Croix, apologized for its antisemitic editorials during the Dreyfus Affair. As Zola was a leading French thinker, his letter formed a major turning-point in the affair.

Zola was brought to trial for criminal libel on 7 February 1898 and was convicted on 23 February and removed from the Legion of Honor. Rather than go to jail, Zola fled to England. Without even having had the time to pack a few clothes, he arrived at Victoria Station on 19 July. After his brief and unhappy residence in London, from October 1898 to June 1899, he was allowed to return in time to see the government fall.

The government offered Dreyfus a pardon (rather than exoneration), which he could accept and go free and so admit that he was guilty or face a re-trial in which he was sure to be convicted again. Although he was clearly not guilty, he chose to accept the pardon. Zola said, "The truth is on the march, and nothing shall stop it."[4]

In 1906, Dreyfus was completely exonerated by the Supreme Court.



As Zola himself might well have said, before Harry Lauder did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6PFNhLzr8




____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14978
Reputation : 3029
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by russiandoll on 30.11.12 11:38

Very interesting discussion on Sky last night, including Kirsty Walker, who has left journalism after 17 years. She was asked by the presenter had she left due to the bad behaviour of the press highlighted by Leveson and replied no, it was due to the culture of the past few years, where newspapers' legal departments were stopping publication of what she said were legitimate stories, due to the fear of legal action.

There is a very good article by her in a recent issue of The Spectator:







The chilling effects of Lord Leveson are already being felt in
every newsroom in the country — and it is the rich, powerful and
influential who are reaping the benefits. I know this because after 17
years working in national newspapers, the last seven of which I spent on
the Daily Mail,I have just walked away from a job I
loved. The decision — one of the hardest of my life — was driven partly
by a desire to spend more time with my young family. But a major factor
was the menacing post-Leveson culture in which journalists are already
forced to operate.

Few journalists will talk about it, but the rules of the game have
changed. If you inquire about certain establishment figures or MPs, they
make use of the tools they possess to intimidate you. Our political
elite are using these tools all the time and appear worringly confident
that the £5.6 million Leveson inquiry will hand them even more.

There is a reason why international libel lawyers refer to London as a
‘town named sue’. It’s hard for me to detail examples without running
the risk of landing The Spectator in court: I had a good
instance of a powerful person suppressing unpleasant information about
himself from the public, but lawyers advised me that it would be too
risky too print, since the person in question is known to be so
litigious.

That’s how it works. Take, though, the case of Chris Huhne’s partner, Carina Trimingham, who took the Daily Mail to
court for harassment because the paper had repeatedly referred to her
as a bisexual — which, by the way, she is. She lost her case.

I was lucky to work for a newspaper with the time and money to fight
such cases: not all journalists are so lucky. Britain has become a place
where the rich, famous and well-connected can take newspapers to court
(with the help of no-win, no-fee lawyers) for writing the truth.

Before the Leveson inquiry, I had received less than a dozen PCC
complaints in my career and never had one upheld. But when I left,
complaints were coming in at a rate of at least one a month. All
required mini-investigations. Even foreign dictatorships know how to
frighten Fleet Street. The last complaint I was asked to deal with was
from a dictator, the King of Bahrain, who didn’t like the way I referred
to criticism of his regime following the deaths of 40 people in
anti-government protests.

Like 99.99 per cent of British journalists, I never hacked a phone or
bribed a public official. During my long career in the House of
Commons, I tried my utmost to be fair. If a story didn’t quite stack up,
I would abandon it. A small handful of journalists did hire private
investigators to do some horrific things, but there are laws in this
country to deal with them.

How do we know that Lord Leveson’s report will encourage the rich,
the powerful, the venal and the pompous to intimidate journalists and
frighten papers into not covering stories? Because the prospect of it
has done so already. How do we know that an elite will attempt to decide
what it is appropriate for the rest of us to read about over our
cornflakes? Because Leveson is already doing exactly that. This is the
judge who read a 200-word article in the Times about how The Thick of It was
planning to satirise him in one episode — and promptly asked the editor
of that paper whether it was ‘appropriate’ for him to run the piece. It
is all too easy to guess what a judge with such an attitude
to newspapers will do for press freedom.




Kirsty Walker is an associate director at iNHouse Communications.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Ribisl on 30.11.12 13:21

@russiandoll
The final paragraph reminded me of what was reported recently about the Prime Minister of Turkey who apparently censures what should be shown on the Turkish television to the extent that some fictitious characters in a popular soap had to get married since having an affair was considered immoral by Islamic standard.

Freedom of expression is much too precious for us to lose and we must fight against any kind of statutory regulation of the press. I trust in Cameron's instinct and support him wholeheartedly on this issue.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by aquila on 30.11.12 14:44

@Ribisl wrote:@russiandoll
The final paragraph reminded me of what was reported recently about the Prime Minister of Turkey who apparently censures what should be shown on the Turkish television to the extent that some fictitious characters in a popular soap had to get married since having an affair was considered immoral by Islamic standard.

Freedom of expression is much too precious for us to lose and we must fight against any kind of statutory regulation of the press. I trust in Cameron's instinct and support him wholeheartedly on this issue.

I'm in agreement with Cameron (that's a fairly rare thing). If laws are introduced to (latest buzzword) 'underpin' the operating standards of the press those same laws can and no doubt will be amended in the future. This single action could gag the press at the will of the state. The guttersnipe tactics and ethics of some of the press ought to be brought to book but to have interference from any government is a disaster in the making for democracy.

I watched the entire parliamentary discussion yesterday. Milliband (who always appears to me as head of the 6th form debate team) and Clegg (the milk monitor) were imo just using it as a platform to further their own political agenda and seek popular support from joe public.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8895
Reputation : 1802
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by PeterMac on 30.11.12 15:46

And it is now being reported that Labour are backtracking fast and saying that OfCom are not necessarily the right people to be the overseers !
That didn''t take long .

Ed Miliband backtracks on Leveson Report: Labour drops call for government watchdog Ofcom to oversee new Press rules (only a DAY after supporting 'entire' review)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240925/Leveson-Report-Labour-says-state-media-watchdog-Ofcom-right-oversee-new-controls-Press.html

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by monkey mind on 30.11.12 15:49

How about this!!

The latest email tout from 38 Degrees ...

“The Leveson Report was released yesterday. [1] It set out clear suggestions around how the government can clean up the press. But a key part is at risk of being blocked by allies of the media barons in parliament. Now we need to decide how we respond.

The argument seems to boil down to this:

Lord Justice Leveson believes a new law is needed to protect the independence of a new press watchdog. Independent experts, victims of phone hacking, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband all agree. [2] But media barons like Rupert Murdoch oppose changing the law - and so far David Cameron seems to be taking their side. [3]

A huge wave of people power could help tip the balance, forcing Cameron to bring in the changes Leveson says are needed to clean up our rotten media. But should this be a priority for 38 Degrees?”


Note, there are only two buttons to click on to answer their question "yes" and "no". Nothing about opposing Leveson.

What a bare faced classic!! I still can't stop laughing.

They have transformed this into an imaginary battle, on one side we have the army of Sir Lancealot Leveson, brandishing his sword in the name of freedom and justice with his trusty white knights Clegg and Compo Milliband by his side.

On the other side is the Black Knight Murdoch and his partner in crime Dirty Dog Dave.

The *people's movement*, 38 Degrees (now a limited company I believe) are asking the great British people to enter the fray and strangle themselves in this most imaginary of battles, this simulation of opposition.

Not to just give up your freedom in the name of ‘Liberty’ but to forceably remove it yourself!.

“Hurrah for people power!” They chant in the stalls.

Whilst those in the dress circle seats snigger behind their theatre specs, “See how fast they run ...”

avatar
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Ribisl on 30.11.12 15:50

@Ribisl wrote:Gerry McCann interviewed on Today around 8.10am. Should be available on Podcast later.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p0vf6
2hrs10mins John Humphrys interviews Gerry McCann
7 days left to listen

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by aquila on 30.11.12 16:08

@monkey mind wrote:How about this!!

The latest email tout from 38 Degrees ...

“The Leveson Report was released yesterday. [1] It set out clear suggestions around how the government can clean up the press. But a key part is at risk of being blocked by allies of the media barons in parliament. Now we need to decide how we respond.

The argument seems to boil down to this:

Lord Justice Leveson believes a new law is needed to protect the independence of a new press watchdog. Independent experts, victims of phone hacking, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband all agree. [2] But media barons like Rupert Murdoch oppose changing the law - and so far David Cameron seems to be taking their side. [3]

A huge wave of people power could help tip the balance, forcing Cameron to bring in the changes Leveson says are needed to clean up our rotten media. But should this be a priority for 38 Degrees?”


Note, there are only two buttons to click on to answer their question "yes" and "no". Nothing about opposing Leveson.

What a bare faced classic!! I still can't stop laughing.

They have transformed this into an imaginary battle, on one side we have the army of Sir Lancealot Leveson, brandishing his sword in the name of freedom and justice with his trusty white knights Clegg and Compo Milliband by his side.

On the other side is the Black Knight Murdoch and his partner in crime Dirty Dog Dave.

The *people's movement*, 38 Degrees (now a limited company I believe) are asking the great British people to enter the fray and strangle themselves in this most imaginary of battles, this simulation of opposition.

Not to just give up your freedom in the name of ‘Liberty’ but to forceably remove it yourself!.

“Hurrah for people power!” They chant in the stalls.

Whilst those in the dress circle seats snigger behind their theatre specs, “See how fast they run ...”


If we get the GMc (gag media council) the next stop is the interweb.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8895
Reputation : 1802
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Newintown on 30.11.12 18:09

@aquila wrote:
@monkey mind wrote:How about this!!

The latest email tout from 38 Degrees ...

“The Leveson Report was released yesterday. [1] It set out clear suggestions around how the government can clean up the press. But a key part is at risk of being blocked by allies of the media barons in parliament. Now we need to decide how we respond.

The argument seems to boil down to this:

Lord Justice Leveson believes a new law is needed to protect the independence of a new press watchdog. Independent experts, victims of phone hacking, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband all agree. [2] But media barons like Rupert Murdoch oppose changing the law - and so far David Cameron seems to be taking their side. [3]

A huge wave of people power could help tip the balance, forcing Cameron to bring in the changes Leveson says are needed to clean up our rotten media. But should this be a priority for 38 Degrees?”


Note, there are only two buttons to click on to answer their question "yes" and "no". Nothing about opposing Leveson.

What a bare faced classic!! I still can't stop laughing.

They have transformed this into an imaginary battle, on one side we have the army of Sir Lancealot Leveson, brandishing his sword in the name of freedom and justice with his trusty white knights Clegg and Compo Milliband by his side.

On the other side is the Black Knight Murdoch and his partner in crime Dirty Dog Dave.

The *people's movement*, 38 Degrees (now a limited company I believe) are asking the great British people to enter the fray and strangle themselves in this most imaginary of battles, this simulation of opposition.

Not to just give up your freedom in the name of ‘Liberty’ but to forceably remove it yourself!.

“Hurrah for people power!” They chant in the stalls.

Whilst those in the dress circle seats snigger behind their theatre specs, “See how fast they run ...”


If we get the GMc (gag media council) the next stop is the interweb.

For a couple who have not been cleared by the investigating police in the disappearance of their daughter, they have toooo much say, who the hell is going to shut them up and give us our lives back before these wimpering, money grabbing, self seeking, opinionated, sucker ups to all and sundry who have more to complain about then them, send us all to the loony bin ( I am allowed to say "loony bin", in these PC times? Oh dear, sorry if that's not PC).

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

avatar
Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by tigger on 30.11.12 18:25

Kirsty Walker for PM! She has brains, looks and morals! roses roses

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Newintown on 30.11.12 18:40

@tigger wrote:Kirsty Walker for PM! She has brains, looks and morals!

Are we talking about Kirsty Wark of Newsnight / theatre/ book/ film reviewer fame?

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

avatar
Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Woofer on 30.11.12 18:56

Surely people would be wary of joining any campaign that has GM as a spokesperson.



Monkey mind said - "Not to just give up your freedom in the name of ‘Liberty’ but to forceably remove it yourself!."

People are so easy to manipulate aren`t they - it`s sickening.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Woofer on 30.11.12 19:06

None of this would have been necessary if the police had done their job properly and not been corrupted into overlooking things.

All of it can be covered under the present laws. All that`s needed is for everyone to have cheap access to good legal redress. As well as a National Health Service we should have a National Law Service.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Newintown on 30.11.12 19:11

@Woofer wrote:None of this would have been necessary if the police had done their job properly and not been corrupted into overlooking things.

All of it can be covered under the present laws. All that`s needed is for everyone to have cheap access to good legal redress. As well as a National Health Service we should have a National Law Service.

Which police are you referring to, not the PJ I hope.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

avatar
Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Guest on 30.11.12 21:34

@Karen Pinto wrote:Gerry putting in his "two cents worth"



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241111/Leveson-Inquiry-useless-unless-David-Cameron-backs-Gerry-McCann-claims.html[/quote[/url" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">]



Thanks Karen, I was just about to post it .........

Leveson Inquiry will be 'almost useless' unless David Cameron backs it, Gerry McCann claims



  • Father of missing Madeleine says £4m probe must be accepted by MPs

  • McCanns were 'commodities' with no rights to privacy or dignity' - report

  • 'The only reason we went to Leveson was to affect change,' Gerry said



Read more: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241111/Leveson-Inquiry-useless-unless-David-Cameron-backs-Gerry-McCann-claims.html#ixzz2DkC5aJZf]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241111/Leveson-Inquiry-useless-unless-David-Cameron-backs-Gerry-McCann-claims.html#ixzz2DkC5aJZf
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Guest on 30.11.12 21:35

Good gracious me ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by PeterMac on 30.11.12 22:26

candyfloss wrote:
McCanns were 'commodities' with no rights to privacy or dignity'
No, sadly Madeleine was the commodity. With no right to life, no right to a proper funeral, no right to dignity in death.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by Nina on 30.11.12 22:30

@PeterMac wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
McCanns were 'commodities' with no rights to privacy or dignity'
No, sadly Madeleine was the commodity. With no right to life, no right to a proper funeral, no right to dignity in death.

And her father is pontificating what should and shouldn't be happening in the UK. Since when was he a spokesman for truth?

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 339
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm

Post by PeterMac on 30.11.12 22:34

4 comments so far ! Huge numbers of ratings accepted.
I feel sorry for what the McCanns went through but it doesn't give them the right to lay the law down to everyone else now. It really doesn't.
- Liz , Newcastle Upon Tyne,
Rating 165
David Cameron is right. We have a responsibility to the world. If we abolish the free press and allow Government control, how long will it be before we habve the Great Firewall of Britain [just like China] to protect us from dangerous ideas on theInternet. Legally gagging the press in the UK, however lightly will be used as proof that the press cannot be trusted in ever more repressive regimes.
- Taxed to death , Penury UK
Rating 127
Mr Mc Cann....shut up.
- somerset yokel , Taunton, United Kingdom, 30/11/2012 18:32
Rating 194
Whatever Mr McCann doesn't like...I like.
- Deadly Earnest , Manchester, United Kingdom, 30/11/2012 17:47
Rating 251

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum