The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Reasons to be grateful

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reasons to be grateful

Post by tigger on 22.11.12 15:58

We've been having rather a hard time of it lately, so I thought this might balance the books a bit.
I'm hoping members here can find many more reasons to be grateful to the mcCanns.

I think it's in the Swedish (Stockholm) interview, but I can't find a transcript, however:

Gerry claims that as a result of Madeleine's 'abduction' parents are now keeping their children closer and that there have been fewer abductions as a result.

So there you are, saved loads of children through their sacrifice. But lost the catering business a lot of money by parents no longer dining out?

Add to that his remark in I think Vanity Fair interview that it could have been worse, they could have lost all three children. So well done! Saved two out of three, could happen to anyone.

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be grateful

Post by Guest on 22.11.12 16:02

Stockholm interview transcript here tigger (scroll down towards the end for transcript)......

The McCann's Stockholm Interview

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/mccanns-stockholm-interview.html

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.11.12 16:36

It's good to know that leaving your children alone night after night in a locked/unlocked apartment abroad is just like dining in your garden at home (well that's if you have a garden roughly the length of a football pitch and you choose to have your dinner at the very end of the garden and constantly look at your house through a bit of obscured plastic awning every two seconds to see through the walls if your children are ok). It's well within the bounds of reasonable parenting apparently.

Just my opinion.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.11.12 16:49

From the Swedish interview again: thanks Candyfloss!

.....there is no DNA match. Eh you know when you see the files there’s a mixed sample of DNA that comes from 5 people and obviously some of it matched Madeleine’s. But of course, all, of our DNA matches Madeleine’s.

Forensic scientists must be grateful to find this ground-breaking research by a cardiologist. DNA is like smarties after all and Crick and Watson had it all wrong.
Unfortunately DNA is a good deal more complicated than a handful of smarties and it's perfectly possible to identify five different individuals on the basis of mixed DNA. There is a problem with LCN (low copy number) but that still won't confuse one individual with another, it will give incomplete results as was indeed the case with Maddie's DNA.

The other yummy bit in that interview is the 'collective mistake' on leaving their children alone. Now I find that a very interesting point of view. So again, I'm very grateful to find that I don't have to blame only the mcCanns for leaving three children alone, in the dark, in an unfamiliar apartment. Thank goodness, they were probably persuaded to do so, by the collective neglect of the others.
Mistake is another interesting word to use in this context. Mistake is not on purpose, so collectively not on purpose but because everybody else did it.
We have to divide the blame by 9, which is only two out of nine, again not so bad after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.11.12 18:19

For me it's not to believe everything you read in a newspaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded on 23.11.12 5:08

tigger wrote:We've been having rather a hard time of it lately, so I thought this might balance the books a bit.
I'm hoping members here can find many more reasons to be grateful to the mcCanns.

I think it's in the Swedish (Stockholm) interview, but I can't find a transcript, however:

Gerry claims that as a result of Madeleine's 'abduction' parents are now keeping their children closer and that there have been fewer abductions as a result.

So there you are, saved loads of children through their sacrifice. But lost the catering business a lot of money by parents no longer dining out?

Add to that his remark in I think Vanity Fair interview that it could have been worse, they could have lost all three children. So well done! Saved two out of three, could happen to anyone.

Reasons to be thankful? Of course, strangers abducting children is naturally every parent's worst nightmare and Gerry's claim that as a result of Madeleine's 'abduction' parents are now keeping their children closer and that there have been fewer abductions as a result will bring a sense of security and comfort to parents who believe or want to believe that someone who would prey upon a child sexually is evil-looking, a menacing, frightening stranger. Ernie Allen, President and CEO of the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children has spent years trying to debunk the myth of the frightening stranger, yet Gerry seems to have exploited it.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5847-those-who-victimize-children-are-usually-not-strangers

Olympicana_Reloaded

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.11.12 7:29

I'm grateful that the FBI wasn't invited by the PJ when the McCanns asked for them. Why FBI?

It's always been a mystery to me why the McCanns wanted the FBI. Does SY regularly invite the FBI to help them in UK cases? I don't think so. So why should the McCanns ask for the FBI in Portugal? Surely the existence of Interpol is adequate for liaising with other police forces?

There is of course the visit of Gerry to the US and there is the much promoted (by TM) Amber Alert Europe - part of the new-career-building drive that seemed to motivate the McCanns.

But the point is that the PJ, having decided against the FBI (probably had to pay for this and it wouldn't have come cheap) decided to ask for the CSI dogs.
This might never have happened but for the input of the McCanns, so I'm very, very grateful.

@ Olympicana: Fantastically good point, creepy men aplenty in the sightings, in real life not so much. The numbers don't lie in the same way that the majority of murders are committed by people who know or are related to the victim.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum