The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Do you leave the house after the children has fallen to sleep? Article with Madeleine Picture in it

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do you leave the house after the children has fallen to sleep? Article with Madeleine Picture in it

Post by ShuBob on 10.11.12 3:01

Both Kate and Gerry are doctors. Why didn't they commision their own tests earlier if they were so worried? They had a direct line to the British consul in Portugal and the British government which sent them Clarence Mitchell. Why didn't they request these tests from these authorities?

ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you leave the house after the children has fallen to sleep? Article with Madeleine Picture in it

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 8:36

Ty for That snippet from the book. Read it before but reading it again was interesting .

Firstly why the hell care so much about the hair? And sounds like they took a lot of hair but can't remember seeing any pictures of them where the hair is destroyed like Kate make it sound.?

And how can the negativ hair test result do not ,according to Kate , totally dismiss that the children where sedated but totally prove that she is did not use any drugs ?

Why was it so upsetting for Kate to hear the twins hair beeing cut? It made her cry.. It's only hair that grows back and they only need 50 hair straws which is not many among the thousand we have on out heads.. I mean your daughter is missing seems strange to be upset about some hair really...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 10.11.12 9:42

Moa wrote:Ty for That snippet from the book. Read it before but reading it again was interesting .

Firstly why the hell care so much about the hair? And sounds like they took a lot of hair but can't remember seeing any pictures of them where the hair is destroyed like Kate make it sound.?

And how can the negativ hair test result do not ,according to Kate , totally dismiss that the children where sedated but totally prove that she is did not use any drugs ?

Why was it so upsetting for Kate to hear the twins hair beeing cut? It made her cry.. It's only hair that grows back and they only need 50 hair straws which is not many among the thousand we have on out heads.. I mean your daughter is missing seems strange to be upset about some hair really...

And when they take hair I am sure they would take it from a non conspicuous place, as in the back of the head after lifting up a layer of hair taking a sample from beneath the layer then allowing the hair to fall over the area. Kate's description ' As for me, I looked as if I had alopecia' is total bumph and very unkind to those who do suffer from hair loss. Just looking for sympathy imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 9:48

Nina wrote:
Moa wrote:Ty for That snippet from the book. Read it before but reading it again was interesting .

And when they take hair I am sure they would take it from a non conspicuous place, as in the back of the head after lifting up a layer of hair taking a sample from beneath the layer then allowing the hair to fall over the area. Kate's description ' As for me, I looked as if I had alopecia' is total bumph and very unkind to those who do suffer from hair loss. Just looking for sympathy imo.

To me it is very sickening to write something like that in your book about missing daughter. And I've never seen a picture where her hair looks like that ..

Seems like they both ,k and g , are very hung up on their self. Even Gerry's blog was full of memememe stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.11.12 9:55

IMO Moa, Gerry's blogs and Kate's bewk were windows to their souls. However much professional advice the couple were given, however much PR people edited the work for mass appeal, the duo wrote the essence and it did them no favours to my mind. I must admit that I found Gerry's blogs a lot more disturbing than Kate's bewk.

Just my opinion.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you leave the house after the children has fallen asleep?

Post by Monty Heck on 10.11.12 10:36

The process seemed to take ages and we all lost loads of hair. I couldn't believe they had to take so much. The scientist cut chunks of it from Sean and Amelie's heads while they were sleeping. I cried as I heard the scissors in their baby-blond hair. I felt angry that the children had to go through this further insult. As for me, I looked as if I had alopecia. Though I cursed the abductor and the PJ, I had bigger things to worry about.

Such a strange mix of emotions and views (IMO). On the one hand, so soft hearted and such a caring mum she cries as her childrens' hair is cut while they sleep; on the other admits cursing the PJ as well as "the abudctor" because sample/s of hair were required for scientific testing. Why so angry "that the children had to go through this further insult"? What other insults had they been subjected to?

This seems quite a quite irrational standpoint from someone who is herself scientifically trained, who would know that such tests on them all would be inevitable and essential for the investigation and not personal. Even though she believed she herself had benefitted from the tests she speaks of anger, insult and of cursing the people trying to find out what happened to her child, putting them on the same level as the criminal she believed had stolen her child. The way it is written it is as if she expects that readers would a) accept her reaction to being tested as perfectly normal and b) sympathise with her and the "ordeal" they had been put through.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 13:38

Monty Heck wrote:The process seemed to take ages and we all lost loads of hair. I couldn't believe they had to take so much. The scientist cut chunks of it from Sean and Amelie's heads while they were sleeping. I cried as I heard the scissors in their baby-blond hair. I felt angry that the children had to go through this further insult. As for me, I looked as if I had alopecia. Though I cursed the abductor and the PJ, I had bigger things to worry about.

Such a strange mix of emotions and views (IMO). On the one hand, so soft hearted and such a caring mum she cries as her childrens' hair is cut while they sleep; on the other admits cursing the PJ as well as "the abudctor" because sample/s of hair were required for scientific testing. Why so angry "that the children had to go through this further insult"? What other insults had they been subjected to?

This seems quite a quite irrational standpoint from someone who is herself scientifically trained, who would know that such tests on them all would be inevitable and essential for the investigation and not personal. Even though she believed she herself had benefitted from the tests she speaks of anger, insult and of cursing the people trying to find out what happened to her child, putting them on the same level as the criminal she believed had stolen her child. The way it is written it is as if she expects that readers would a) accept her reaction to being tested as perfectly normal and b) sympathise with her and the "ordeal" they had been put through.

Yes, its like jekyll and Hyde ..IMHO I think it isa very strange thing to write in a public book and the emotions seems weired unless she already knows she is guilty and therefor thinks everyone think she is guilty. In her book I noticed that she already at an early stage, the first days after the "abduction" had a very defencive attitude towards police,social workers etc..And at that point everyone was looking for an abducted child. I remember when I read it, I thougt to myself that there should be no reason for her to be so defencive at that stage..Again if you know you are guilty you automaticly think and persive things in a different way, if you understand what I mean..( sorry my english is not always the best one :) )

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you leave the house after the children has fallen asleep?

Post by Monty Heck on 10.11.12 14:32

Yes, Moa it does indeed seem kind of Jekyll & Hyde. Considering that KMcC had contacted the PJ asking about testing as they were apparently worried about all the children having been drugged by the abductor, her recounting that this made her feel so angry and insulted that she cursed the people who carried this out seems quite bizarre, IMO. Why did undergoing testing make her feel that way if the PJ were responding to her own request? Even if the tests had had nothing to do with the request she made and they were undertaken at the insistence of the PJ, their belief that their children may have been drugged by the abductor is a matter of record, so why make such a song and dance about the family being drug tested? Being tested may be inconvenient, unpleasant even but surely nothing more. KMcC's recollection of this and other incidents in the book and elsewhere makes her appear quite at odds the description of her character given by her mother, who once commented back in the early days that she had never in her life heard her daughter raise her voice.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 10.11.12 15:17

Why did Kate feel angry? "I felt angry that the children had to go through this further insult."

She had requested the test!

"We mentioned this to the police that night and several more times in the following weeks, but no testing of urine, blood or hair, which could have revealed the presence of drugs, had ever been done. Apparently, hair grows at a rate of approximately 1cm per month, so it was possible that hair samples taken even four months later could provide us with additional information. It was worth a shot, at least. I asked for samples of my own hair to be taken as well simply because I was fed up with the constant insinuations that I took tranquillizers, sleeping pills or any medication, for that matter."

Surely she should be pleased that it was finally being done.

Da Troof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 16:54

If the tests were being carried out at the request of the PJ why was Control Risks carrying them out? it's not making sense. And what type of objectivity was involved and where are the results? Isn't this the same company who conducted forensic tests on the hire car.

What does Kate mean when she says "though I cursed the abductor and the PJ I had bigger things to worry about" like what exactly?

But she goes on to clarify, "While this didn't totally exclude the possibility that the children had been sedated, especially given the time that had elapsed, it meant that nobody else (including the PJ and the media) could prove otherwise."

Is Kate telling us she conducted independent tests to ensure there was no evidence they drugged the children?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.11.12 17:04

Finn wrote:If the tests were being carried out at the request of the PJ why was Control Risks carrying them out? it's not making sense. And what type of objectivity was involved and where are the results? Isn't this the same company who conducted forensic tests on the hire car.

What does Kate mean when she says "though I cursed the abductor and the PJ I had bigger things to worry about" like what exactly?

But she goes on to clarify, "While this didn't totally exclude the possibility that the children had been sedated, especially given the time that had elapsed, it meant that nobody else (including the PJ and the media) could prove otherwise."

Is Kate telling us she conducted independent tests to ensure there was no evidence they drugged the children?

Yes, I think the twins had their hair tested after having a very short back and sides about three months after 3/5. Kate also had tests done and proved that she is a clean and healthy living girl, so there! I think this was done by TM. Amaral mentions it in his book stating that such tests had no value after such a long interval.
As I recall, I believe they did their own tests on the car too. Really, the PJ could have saved themselves so much money and trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 18:39

tigger wrote:
Finn wrote:If the tests were being carried out at the request of the PJ why was Control Risks carrying them out? it's not making sense. And what type of objectivity was involved and where are the results? Isn't this the same company who conducted forensic tests on the hire car.

Yes, I think the twins had their hair tested after having a very short back and sides about three months after 3/5. Kate also had tests done and proved that she is a clean and healthy living girl, so there! I think this was done by TM. Amaral mentions it in his book stating that such tests had no value after such a long interval.
As I recall, I believe they did their own tests on the car too. Really, the PJ could have saved themselves so much money and trouble.

Amaral says it was 3 months before the McCann's mentioned the possibility of an abductor drugging the children. The PJ initially didn't test because of the media but then they did pursue the possibility they were told they'd need to do a separate test for each possible drug. It looks unlikely then that the PJ would request the McCanns to carry out tests so why did they pay good money for tests and what did they test for?

I don't think this is as much a question about the fund and how much money was spent "fighting" on the McCann's behalf. It's more about the actions and behaviour of the parents and how suspicious it is. Blogs, the Vatican, diaries, books and talk shows, everything that's been done seems to drop them further into the proverbial. Opportunist, tar & feathers spring to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.11.12 19:22

Finn wrote:
tigger wrote:

Amaral says it was 3 months before the McCann's mentioned the possibility of an abductor drugging the children. The PJ initially didn't test because of the media but then they did pursue the possibility they were told they'd need to do a separate test for each possible drug. It looks unlikely then that the PJ would request the McCanns to carry out tests so why did they pay good money for tests and what did they test for?

I don't think this is as much a question about the fund and how much money was spent "fighting" on the McCann's behalf. It's more about the actions and behaviour of the parents and how suspicious it is. Blogs, the Vatican, diaries, books and talk shows, everything that's been done seems to drop them further into the proverbial. Opportunist, tar & feathers spring to mind.

I'm a bit lazy, but I recently came across this in Amaral's book I think.
Kate wanted them tested because she'd read in the SY manual so kindly lent them by Jim Gamble that such a type of abductor would drug a child prior to raping and killing it.
Kate only seemed worried about the drugs. It was just an excuse of course to put themselves in the clear. As in many of these bits of information, it only serves to highlight their superiority complex.
Amaral noted that it was well known that any drugs would no longer be detectable. You know it, so do I, but the McCanns always seem to think we don't know anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 19:35

Moa wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:The process seemed to take ages and we all lost loads of hair. I couldn't believe they had to take so much. The scientist cut chunks of it from Sean and Amelie's heads while they were sleeping. I cried as I heard the scissors in their baby-blond hair. I felt angry that the children had to go through this further insult. As for me, I looked as if I had alopecia. Though I cursed the abductor and the PJ, I had bigger things to worry about.

Yes, its like jekyll and Hyde ..IMHO I think it isa very strange thing to write in a public book and the emotions seems weired unless she already knows she is guilty and therefor thinks everyone think she is guilty. In her book I noticed that she already at an early stage, the first days after the "abduction" had a very defencive attitude towards police,social workers etc..And at that point everyone was looking for an abducted child. I remember when I read it, I thougt to myself that there should be no reason for her to be so defencive at that stage..Again if you know you are guilty you automaticly think and persive things in a different way, if you understand what I mean..( sorry my english is not always the best one :) )

Hello Moa,

Never mind about your English as long as your reasoning is ok, which it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.12 19:39

Yes

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum