The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Professor David Wilson on This Morning today

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Professor David Wilson on This Morning today

Post by tigger on 07.11.12 7:35

@T4two wrote:
@aniandr wrote:He looked at the Way they hold a toy and concluded Kate is innocent?

Whatever. Next.

Aha! But what if she had been advised how to hold the toy so that experts such as Professor David Wilson would conclude that she was innocent?

You're 100% right T4two. Imo they had psychological advice and one of those is to call their daughter by her official name, not the name she was known by.
'Robert' or 'Cassandra' are not exactly the same persons as 'Bobby' and 'Cassy'. Not familiar, Bobby and Cassy are one or two removes from the actual child.

Cuddlecat was chosen the same way, it was easy to walk about with it, it was never Maddie's toy. A prop and a moneymaker and having it with her all the time, free advertising if www.cuddlecat.co.uk had come off.

....and as Maddie wasn't advertised as Maddie even at the start, but right from the beginning was 'Madeleine' (with an unnecessary explanation that the child insisted on her full name) , my thinking is that the advice came well before 3/5/07, a date imo which we can ignore as being meaningful in any way.

I wonder if there are any publications on this subject.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 9:57

I am obviously no renowned criminologist, as I would conclude on the basis of "No DNA has been found, no fingerprints, no CCTV images or any other kind of useful evidence or intelligence" that there was NO abductor and NOT that "The abductor was clearly very organised ".

ETA text in italics from a June 2007 article by Professor David Wilson ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.11.12 10:00

Do you have the reference ?
It should be added to the list of eminent people who do not support the "working hypothesis"

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 10:05

This is the article here.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic10841.html

This is what he said......

These are no high-profile issues but slow, behind-the-scenes procedures, and I do hope they are being undertaken in Portugal and elsewhere.

The abductor was clearly very organised - even allowing for some basic policing errors in the very early days of the investigation.

No DNA has been found, no fingerprints, no CCTV images or any other kind of useful evidence or intelligence.

All of this implies that the McCanns were very carefully targeted, and that the abductor or abductors knew how to get into their apartment and out again with a child and be able to effect an escape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 10:10

@PeterMac wrote:Do you have the reference ?
It should be added to the list of eminent people who do not support the "working hypothesis"
http://news.sky.com/story/572646/fearing-the-worst-in-this-dreadful-case

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman on 07.11.12 11:24

@aniandr wrote:He looked at the Way they hold a toy and concluded Kate is innocent?

Whatever. Next.

Well.of course Kate is innocent! Innocent

until proven guilty. Matthews has already

been found guilty in a court, just a matter

of time for the other.

marxman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 11:59

Here is the link for the interview, the bit about Kate McCann is at 8.35...............

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/crime-week-inside-mind-of-criminal/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.11.12 13:51

candyfloss wrote:Here is the link for the interview, the bit about Kate McCann is at 8.35...............

[url=http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/crime-week-inside-mind-of-criminal/
http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/crime-week-inside-mind-of-criminal/[/quote[/url]]

I've just watched this clip. Thanks candyfloss.

I've done as best I can with transcribing the wording...

'I reckon that all of us could tell some of these things about body language. Parents are the best example. My kids hate it when they go 'Dad's analysing us again' so I don't think it has to be elevated as some kind of science. There are some natural clues'.

At the risk of offending those with a sensitive disposition...the first thought that came into my head was 'no shit Tonto'.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 14:25

He did a recent series on multiple murderers and I didn't find them very interesting - they just seemed to be rehashing stuff we already knew.

Here's a link to one of the programmes. Some of the posters aren't happy with him as a presenter.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/killers-behind-bars/episodes/peter-tobin

I assume that he has done no research at all on the McCann case.......

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.11.12 14:33

Jean wrote:He did a recent series on multiple murderers and I didn't find them very interesting - they just seemed to be rehashing stuff we already knew.

Here's a link to one of the programmes. Some of the posters aren't happy with him as a presenter.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/killers-behind-bars/episodes/peter-tobin

I assume that he has done no research at all on the McCann case.......

Well This Morning is having Crime Week. Next week it'll be something like 'how to recognise if your goldfish needs a hysterectomy'. I just can't understand why the McCanns got a mention on the 'sofa'. It was the most banal interview (which is normal).

Jean, I don't know how to look this up but the McCanns did an interview with Schofield and Fern Britton with a British woman who lived in Germany and her child disappeared in the supermarket. I've searched for it but can't find it. It's worth looking at just to see how she and her daughter took second place to the McCanns on that famous sofa. Fern Britton iirc didn't even get the details right.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.12 14:39

This sounds like the one, Aquila.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id245.html

It's about a third of the way down.

I see that you have regressed from a mighty eagle to a sweet little chick!

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.11.12 15:12

Jean wrote:This sounds like the one, Aquila.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id245.html

It's about a third of the way down.

I see that you have regressed from a mighty eagle to a sweet little chick!

PeterMac gave me my last avatar. I've never been a mighty eagle.

Anyway, thank you so much for this link. I think it would be good to isolate this This Morning interview (don't ask me how it's done). When the McCanns are speaking (and they get the majority of the time slot on the sofa) the camera doesn't go anywhere near the 'other' family, the Lee family. It's all about the McCanns. I would be gutted if I were the Lee family. I think they got around four minutes and then it was back to the main attraction which is Gerry (just look at him when they introduce the McCanns at the beginning - he goes into battle mode) and then the absolute refusal to answer direct questions.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aniandr on 07.11.12 18:46

@T4two wrote:

Whatever. Next.

Aha! But what if she had been advised how to hold the toy so that experts such as Professor David Wilson would conclude that she was innocent?

Both if she had ore if she didnt. Thats the lamest thing ive heard for ages. Well i Think it looks like she strangle it so she is guilty! What if that was the conclution. Lame both ways. So whatever

aniandr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat on 12.11.12 22:31

I believe the reason why he linked Karen Matthews to Kate McCann was because detectives in the Matthews case discovered that Karen Matthews was trying a copycat crime. She saw the money generated for the 'Maddie Fund' and wanted some of it for herself. A completely selfish woman and a disgrace of a mother. Karen Matthews staged her daughters abduction for free money... And some of her family were 'in' on it... Apparently she didn't have the intelligence to understand about DNA and forensics. Although the detectives and family liaison officers assigned to her and her family DID notice that in front of the cameras Matthews cried and looked emotional, while away from the cameras she was laughing and joking, even telling the F.L.O what music she liked while listening to the radio. They all found this strange, but still believed that her daughter had been abducted. But, the various things that Matthews did while staging her daughters abduction, were incredibly similar to things that the McCann's did following their daughters staged abduction.

In one case the Mother who was flitting between emotions so erratically was a suspect and subsequently charged and tried, in the other, the Mother who also clearly flits between emotions is completely innocent. Strange that.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cuddle Cat

Post by Swizzlestick on 16.11.12 22:35

@SkruffyKat wrote:I believe the reason why he linked Karen Matthews to Kate McCann was because detectives in the Matthews case discovered that Karen Matthews was trying a copycat crime. She saw the money generated for the 'Maddie Fund' and wanted some of it for herself. A completely selfish woman and a disgrace of a mother. Karen Matthews staged her daughters abduction for free money... And some of her family were 'in' on it... Apparently she didn't have the intelligence to understand about DNA and forensics. Although the detectives and family liaison officers assigned to her and her family DID notice that in front of the cameras Matthews cried and looked emotional, while away from the cameras she was laughing and joking, even telling the F.L.O what music she liked while listening to the radio. They all found this strange, but still believed that her daughter had been abducted. But, the various things that Matthews did while staging her daughters abduction, were incredibly similar to things that the McCann's did following their daughters staged abduction.

In one case the Mother who was flitting between emotions so erratically was a suspect and subsequently charged and tried, in the other, the Mother who also clearly flits between emotions is completely innocent. Strange that.....

I think that Kate McCann had possibly given thought as to how she should be holding cuddle cat for the media.

Watching that clip though, I'm ususally quite good at "reading" people, but I thought Karen Mathews looked convincing; quite frightening.
Swizzlestick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.08.13 9:53

I'm bumping this topic on learning that Mark Williams-Thomas was a student of David Wilson.

Both believe the McCanns' version of events.........

I've always been wary of self-proclaimed experts on any subject and no wonder with people like these two around.

Back to top Go down

Ah say... Ah say you boy you gone ** d

Post by The Rooster on 07.08.13 15:58

Guy sounds like a right *****ng ***ck.  Get a proper job, why not get into government or even more worthwhile fund raising. Or PR for that matter. Or if you don't get accepted for any of those very worthwhile and genuine career paths why not apply for a position with the Rothley State Circus.  Complete with flying pigs, lying pink rhino's, doggies sans nez, performing people and dancing celebs. Your ring master the RH Gerrald McCann IALB accompanied by the very worthwhile Lady MacBeth.

Get a proper job indeed, ****ers.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.08.13 17:58

Now don't beat about the bush, Rooster, come out and say what you really feel!

I now have the theme to Monty Python's Flying Circus stuck in my head for some reason.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rutX0I6NxU

Not that the programme was ever as silly as the proclamations of Team McCann though.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 07.08.13 19:38

@happychick wrote:Did anyone else see Professor David Wilson, criminal profiler or whatavyer, on This Morning today? He was analysing the body language of Ian Huntley and Karen Matthews and said, whilst comparing the way Karen and Kate held their daughters cuddly toys that - and I quote - "Kate McCann is innocent".

So there you have it, it's time for us to go home.

Had he analysed the way that Kate washed cuddlecat, at least twice, prior to the Eddie and Keela turning up.  And then Eddie locating the toy in a cupboard whilst searching for cadaver odour, would Wilsons conclusion have differed?

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.08.13 22:24

some info re Prof David Wilson criminologist

Born in South Lanarkshire Scotland

Went to University of Glasgow

Spent time in Prison Service and while at HMP Grendon responsible for sex offenders treatment programme  (not sure if Ray Wyre was involved in HMP Grendon or not in treatment programme)

As Head of prison Officers and Operational Training in the Prison Service on whose behalf he made official visits to Northern Ireland and America.

Former Chairman of the Commission on English Prisons Today whose president is Cherie Blair

His book Looking to Laura Public Criminology  & Hot News was published by Waterside press with a foreword by Donal MacIntyre and was press launched in 2011. 

Vice President of New Bridge a charity formed by the late Lord Longford to befriend and support current and released prisoners. Chairs New Bridge annual Youth Conference each November.  (Lord Longford connected to Jimmy Savile)

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 07.08.13 22:57

Cherry wrote:some info re Prof David Wilson criminologist

Born in South Lanarkshire Scotland

Went to University of Glasgow

Spent time in Prison Service and while at HMP Grendon responsible for sex offenders treatment programme  (not sure if Ray Wyre was involved in HMP Grendon or not in treatment programme)

As Head of prison Officers and Operational Training in the Prison Service on whose behalf he made official visits to Northern Ireland and America.

Former Chairman of the Commission on English Prisons Today whose president is Cherie Blair

His book Looking to Laura Public Criminology  & Hot News was published by Waterside press with a foreword by Donal MacIntyre and was press launched in 2011. 

Vice President of New Bridge a charity formed by the late Lord Longford to befriend and support current and released prisoners. Chairs New Bridge annual Youth Conference each November.  (Lord Longford connected to Jimmy Savile)

And that leads us back to this:

Dangerous liaison

For 35 years he championed her cause, yet to Myra Hindley Lord Longford became a 'pestilential pain'. Duncan Staff, who knew both of them, re-examines their relationship in light of letters made public here for the first time

Duncan Staff

The Guardian, Saturday 14 October 2006

Myra Hindley was still in love with Ian Brady when Lord Longford first went to visit her in Holloway Prison in autumn 1968. It was two years since her conviction for the Moors murders and she confronted the Earl with an extraordinary request: she wanted him to persuade the Home Office to permit inter-prison visits between her and Brady.

Frank Longford, as minister for Germany in the Attlee government, had met concentration camp guards but, according to his friend and biographer Peter Stanford, the enormity of Hindley's crimes "made even him pause to draw breath for a moment." But Hindley had formidable powers of persuasion and Longford stayed to hear her out. "Frank was extremely sharp. He was alive to what was going on, but believed that no one was beyond redemption - not even Myra Hindley," says Andrew McCooey, Hindley's solicitor. Longford was by now a member of Harold Wilson's cabinet and Hindley the most reviled woman in the country. The meeting at Holloway ended with Longford agreeing to do as she requested, and for the next 35 years he continued to argue her case.

For all that, by 2001, when Longford died, Hindley had cut him off. She would not permit him to visit her and had come to see him as a liability. She wrote to me while I was making a BBC documentary on her case for freedom: "It is a task even beyond Hercules to gag Frank Longford... if the dangerous dogs act was still in force, I'd take it upon myself to muzzle him."

How the man most closely associated with Myra Hindley's campaign had fallen so far from favour, and what that says about the continuing public obsession with her crimes, are questions that a new drama, Longford, to be broadcast by Channel 4 later this month, attempts to answer. In general, the film represents Longford fairly, but in the end it's a drama, not a documentary. Factual details and the balance of relationships are distorted, notably between Brady and Hindley - to Hindley's advantage. This matters still, in particular to the family of the last missing victim, Keith Bennett. To them, this is an unresolved case, and Hindley might have done more to lay it to rest had she not been so preoccupied with her own image and chances of parole.

After Hindley's death I was passed her personal papers in the hope that they might help locate the body of Keith Bennett. It was thought her papers might provide a clue. I don't yet know if that will prove to be the case, but the documents do shed light on the secrets behind the Moors murders and on the true nature of Hindley's relationship with Longford.

In letters home to her mother Nellie, Hindley relates how, when they first met, she sat and listened to Longford's account of his conversion to Catholicism. This must have taken some doing. A rejection of Christianity and its role in "subjugating" the working class, lay at the heart of her relationship with Brady. Nevertheless, Hindley sought common ground. Longford particularly admired the Franciscans - and she had been baptised and confirmed in the monastery church of St Francis in Gorton, east Manchester. McCooey thinks it would be wrong to say Longford was duped by her. "You have to understand that a deep religious conviction underpinned everything Frank did," he says. "That did not mean he was naive; it did mean that he was willing to set aside doubts and cynicism in pursuit of the goodness that he felt lay within every individual."

It did not take long before the newspapers discovered that Longford was visiting Holloway. Rather than eschew publicity, he courted it. A close friend of Hindley's told me that this decision was to have disastrous consequences for her: "He started the whole thing. He got the Sun to come along and photograph him going through the gates. Until then the story had started to fade away - his involvement kept it on the front pages."

Hindley did not initially grasp the effect of her relationship with Longford, reasoning that having "friends in high places" could only help her cause. Longford knew everyone from the prime minister down. He'd helped Beveridge lay the foundations of the welfare state and been a minister in two Labour governments. She was delighted when he was made a Knight of the Garter. If anyone could arrange for her to see Ian again, surely it had to be Frank?

This hope, and her attachment to Brady, survived for some years. But the drip-drip of disappointment took its toll and in 1972 Hindley wrote to Brady to tell him it was all over. Longford's role was now no longer to secure inter-prison visits - it was to get her out of prison altogether. Hindley began to attend mass every week.

Longford was convinced that the reversion to her childhood faith was genuine. But in a letter to her mother, Hindley confessed that, while she had agreed to attend mass, she doubted she would "see the light" again. The press, informed by Longford of her renewed faith, pursued the story. In 1972 the Daily Express tracked down Father William Kahle at the Abbey of Our Lady in Chimay, Belgium. He had just left Holloway after six years as the prison's priest. He told the reporter Colin Lawson, "Lord Longford said to me when he had seen Myra on one occasion, 'Has she not changed a great deal? Hasn't her personality changed?' I told him, 'I don't think so.' "

The story ran on the front page, under Hindley's arrest photograph. Kahle had his doubts about her religious conviction, but none about the effect the coverage would have: "I must stress that the publicity will not do Myra any good and will only be worse for her, possibly set her release date back many years - and just think of the parents and the neighbours and all those who were concerned in the case."

The priest was right. The former Chief Constable of Greater Manchester, William Palfery, said that "do-gooders" like Longford were living in cloud- cuckoo-land, and called for the return of hanging. It was a pattern that was to repeat itself over the next three decades.

Longford's wife, Elizabeth, was at first deeply opposed to his involvement with Hindley. She told the Daily Express's Jean Rook, "I didn't want Frank to have anything to do with these people. I wanted him to keep his hands clean of these monsters." Over the course of their marriage, Lady Longford fought with her husband over just one other political issue - his inquiry into pornography, which led to him being labelled "Lord Porn". He shook off the tag only when a sub-editor on the Sun came up with a replacement: "Lord Wrongford".

But Elizabeth Longford's opposition weakened over time. In December 1976, she finally agreed to accompany her husband to Holloway. She and Hindley became firm friends. When Myra's sister Maureen died, Elizabeth wrote to Nellie Hindley:

"Our dear Myra has just told me about the terrible tragedy in your family caused by the loss of Maureen, and I want to send you my deepest sympathy... I do understand the agony of a mother like yourself. It seems so terribly unnatural that a young and happy girl should leave this world before her own mother."

Frank Longford lobbied successive home secretaries to release Hindley, seemingly oblivious to the fact that his courting of the newspapers helped make it politically impossible for them to do so. He forwarded the replies he received to her in prison. One, from William Whitelaw, dated January 29 1982, reads, "The joint parole board... has again felt unable to recommend that a date should be fixed for the case of either prisoner." A wobbly hand, more likely Longford's than Hindley's, has underlined the words "barring any unforeseen circumstances" as though finding some glimmer of hope in these words.

McCooey says Longford's actions were driven by a sense of injustice: "This was an important point of principle. When hanging was abolished, it was never intended that it would be replaced by the punishment of incarceration until death. It was clear that Hindley was no longer a risk. She had been punished, and Frank believed she should be allowed to go free."

In 1985, Longford's support was tested to breaking point: Brady revealed to a journalist that there were another two bodies buried on Saddleworth Moor. Hindley admitted her involvement. The police reopened the search and recovered the body of Pauline Reade; Keith Bennett has never been found. In the ensuing firestorm of publicity Hindley abandoned her latest application for parole. Once over the shock, Longford resolved to stand by her. But he was in for a final, painful surprise.

Lord David Astor, a former editor of the Observer and another rich and powerful friend of Hindley's, decided that the only way to save her from death behind bars was to change strategy. He set about trying quietly to re-shape public opinion. This could not be achieved so long as she remained close to Longford. "David's view was very clear," McCooey says. "He wanted carefully targeted articles in upmarket publications that might influence decision-makers, rather than constant coverage in the tabloids. Myra agreed with him. She felt that Frank kept the temperature of the case up: for every step forwards, there were seven back."

Longford, who had supported her for 20 years, destroying his reputation in the process, found that prison visiting orders stopped arriving in the post. He spent much of the early 90s in the hope of a reconciliation. A letter on House of Lords notepaper, dated January 1 1992, reads, "Thank you very much for the Christmas card with its message of friendship for Elizabeth and me. I cannot resist telling you how much I miss coming to see you, but understand your feeling that it is better not to."

Although Longford took his ostracism with good grace, he refused to stay quiet. In 1995 he proudly sent Hindley an extract from Hansard showing how he had given Home Office minister Baroness Blatch "an uneasy time" over her case. On and on he went - giving interviews to the Manchester Evening News, the Sun, the News Of The World, television.

Hindley expressed her exasperation in a letter to me: "Frank has been a pestilential pain in the neck over the years with his 'campaigning' and he glories in the publicity himself. God help me; he wrote an article a couple of months ago which was published in the Catholic Herald, and was over the moon because they offered him a column once a month where, he said, he can write whatever he wants about me to promote my cause. God knows I've caused so much suffering in my life, but this is a cross that I can well do without!" Within two years of this letter, both Hindley and Longford were dead.

· Longford is on October 26 at 9pm on Channel 4. Duncan Staff's book on the Moors murders, The Lost Boy, will be published next year by Bantam Press

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.08.13 23:06

Cherry wrote:some info re Prof David Wilson criminologist

Can't answer that, but both men were deeply interested in sex offenders treatment programmes and both for some reason had a bit of a fixation about the crimes of Robert Black:

PROF DAVID WILSON

Robert Black responsible for more child murders believes crime expert David Wilson

27 Jun 2012 00:00

CHILD killer Robert Black could be responsible for some of the country’s most mysterious unsolved murders, a crime expert has claimed.

[Pic:  Professor of criminology David Wilson]

CHILD killer Robert Black could be responsible for some of the country’s most mysterious unsolved murders, a crime expert has claimed.

The sexual predator – who abducted, raped and murdered Northumberland schoolgirl Susan Maxwell in 1982 – was featured in an episode of the Channel 5 series Killers Behind Bars, which aired last night.

In the documentary, criminologist Professor David Wilson looked at theories that Black, 65, could be behind the murders of Norfolk 13-year-old April Fabb, who vanished in 1969and Genette Tate, 13, who went missing in Aylesbeare, East Devon, in 1978.

And the professor claimed it is possible that Black – already convicted of four murders – is one of the country’s most prolific child killers.

“Robert Black is one of the most evil predatory paedophiles that this country has ever seen,” he said. “But his 30-year offending period led to him being convicted of only four child murders.

“I’m convinced this is just the tip of the iceberg. And if I’m right he could be guilty of more crimes than Myra Hindley and Ian Brady, making him the most prolific child killer in British history.

“I’m convinced there are more cases that merit further investigation.”

Susan Maxwell was abducted on July 30, 1982, after she left her home in Cornhill-on-Tweed, north Northumberland, to play a game of tennis in Coldstream.

Van driver Black raped and strangled her, before dumping her body by the side of a road near Uttoxeter in Staffordshire, 250 miles away.
In 1994 the paedophile, from Stamford Hill in London, was given 10 life sentences at Newcastle Crown Court for the murder of Susan, 10-year-old Sarah Harper and Caroline Hogg, who was just five.

His killing spree only ended in 1990, when he was caught red-handed by police with a barely-alive six-year-old girl hooded, bound, gagged and stuffed in a sleeping bag in the back of his van in the Scottish village of Stow.

Last year he was convicted of the murder of nine-year-old Jennifer Cardy from Northern Ireland, who was snatched as she cycled to a friend’s house in the County Antrim village of Ballinderry on August 12, 1981.

Her body was found six days later in a dam behind a roadside lay-by 15 miles away at Hillsborough, County Down.

In Killers Behind Bars, Prof Wilson met former DCI Andrew Watt of Borders and Lothian Police who investigated one of Black’s crimes and the detective hands him a list of cases he believes have striking similarities to the other murders.

Pro Wilson also examined interviews with Scotland-born Black, recorded at Aberdeen’s Peterhead Prison.

Speaking to the late sex crimes expert Ray Wyre, Black discusses the case of papergirl Genette Tate, whose abductor has never been caught.

Prof Wilson claimed his in-depth knowledge of the case and inability to say the little girl’s name suggests he could be responsible.

The criminologist also visited the scene of April Fabb’s abduction and points out striking similarities between that and Black’s other crimes.

However, he says there is no evidence to suggest Black could have been in Norfolk at the time.

The programme concluded with Prof Wilson arguing there is a very real possibility that Black murdered Genette Tate. He said: “We should be re-opening this case.”

RAY WYRE'S BOOK ON ROBERT BLACK

[Amazon] This is description of Ray Wyre's counselling and investigative techniques with sex offenders. The book focuses on his lengthy sessions with Robert Black, convicted of the murder of Caroline Hogg, Susan Maxwell and other young girls who he abducted, abused and killed. By investigating Black's own childhood and elaborate systems of denial (even to himself), Wyre unravelled the truth and began to lead Black from his obsession. This book offers an analysis of the obsessive mind of a brutal serial killer, and an examination of society's inadequate and hypocritical response to sexual offenders. It provides a critique of policing methods and lack of co-ordination between forces and the inadequate treatment of convicted offenders who go on to re-offend and become more dangerous.

8 out of 9 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - fascinating book! 7 Jun 2006 By J. Ward

This book will leave you thinking about the author's amazing tolerance for these sex offenders, for long after you have read the book. But to me it all made sense - I mean why just lock them up, do nothing, and them let them out at the end of their sentence, only to go and offend again. I just really admire the author for his work with this type of offender - if he can save just one child, isn't what he is doing worth it? Brilliant book!

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.08.13 23:12

Thanks for that info Tony. It seems professor David Canter also commented about Robert Black case. Canter would also have known Ray Wyre as attended various psychology conferences and both been speakers on management of sex offending.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 07.08.13 23:33

Lord Longford

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/430115.stm

In 1971, he set up his own private study-group with a membership ranging from the Archbishop of York to Malcolm Muggeridge and Cliff Richard, "to investigate the incipient menace of pornography in Britain".

He defied public lampooning by visiting sex clubs.

The group's report recommended more severe penalties for traders in pornography, steps to raise the moral standards of films, television and radio and a new definition of obscenity.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum