The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Lewes Bonfire Night Nov 5th celebrations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lewes Bonfire Night Nov 5th celebrations

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.11.12 10:51

I'll be off for the day in a few moments, paying a visit to my Mum in her Hastings care home, and then on to the world's biggest annual Bonfire Night celebrations: Lewes Bonfire Night:

http://www.lewesbonfirecelebrations.com/

I've been to it once before, a truly amazing spectacle, with tens of thousands of folk lining the streets to witness the 21 Bonfire Societies process through the town.

We should celebrate Bonfire Night anyway, as it marks our nation's escape from an evil Roman Catholic terror plot which would have blown up our Parliament, and murdered the King and all his chief ministers.

Roman Catholic terror continues to this day, but these days takes the form more of thousands of ordained Roman Catholic priests serially abusing tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of vulnerable children, over the past few decades, systematically covered up by the Vatican hierarchy, and never reported to the police because of the 'inviolate secrecy' of the confessioanl booth.

In a commemoration of free speech, 17 burning crosses are paraded through the streets of Lewes on 5th November, a reminder of the 17 Protestants who were burned at the stake at Lewes between 1555 and 1557, in the reign of Bloody Queen Mary, for no greater offence than exercising their right to freedom of thought, belief, expression and speech. Their 'crime' was to question the prevailing (and false) Roman Catholic doctrine, in particular the absurd and blasphemous Roman Catholic belief (still held today) that its priests could change the communion bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ.

This is how the Lewes Bonfire Society sums up the event:

The Lewes Bonfire Night Celebrations on Monday November 5th 2012, will not be a personal dig at groups or individuals as such, despite what you may see at the fire site, paraded around the town or one of the many media circus versions, it is the act or event that is important to us and it simply serves as a reminder that we now have a freedom of choice and speech at a cost to believers lives, (martyrs, soldiers etc), which was and still is denied to many people across the globe.

See you all tomorrow

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lewes Bonfire Night Nov 5th celebrations

Post by Nina on 05.11.12 11:01

Tony, have a great time and thank you for bringing this event to my attention, next year I may be there myself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.11.12 11:10

Tony, I don't share your view on anti-catholic 'parades' guised as reminders of the struggle for freedom of speech. I stumbled upon an orange march in Scotland the last time I was there and found it frankly horrible and unnecessary to bring peace and tolerance in our society (I am protestant).

Bad things happen in all churches. The C of E aren't exactly angelic!

I hope you have a lovely time with your mum.

I support you in your right to freedom of speech and your forthcoming trial.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.11.12 11:57

Don`t forget the horrors imposed on the Catholics by James 1st - its not one sided - fundamentalism was extreme in those days.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.11.12 13:41

It still is in some places.....some communities don't seem to have moved on from the Middle Ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 05.11.12 13:49

Fundamentalism is still extreme.
Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.11.12 14:12

@Miraflores wrote:Fundamentalism is still extreme.

ok I should have said `extremely widespread`.

At least these days our whole population isn`t forced to follow and obey the religious dictates of whatever royal happens to be in power. We have been able to speak freely without being burnt at the stake - saying that, there is a definite slide backwards these days.

As for firework night, I wish they`d bann it - my poor dog doesn`t stop shaking.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.11.12 14:28

Yes you're right Woofer, we are free to believe or not believe as we want.

It hasn't been nearly as awful with fireworks this year, in my area anyway. Normally it's practically constant since September but it's only in the last week that there has been a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.11.12 15:04

@Woofer wrote:We have been able to speak freely without being burnt at the stake - saying that, there is a definite slide backwards these days. . .
Always provided what you say is politically correct, of course.
I have found it remarkable how quickly 'thought police' pop up even on fora like this one. They are clearly constantly monitoring anything said, for example, about Hillsborough, or the people who took part in the riots, or the standards of behaviour and the reasons for those standards of the lower classes, for any hint of Thought Crime in general.
And the modern history of English law of Libel, as developed by Justice Eady and Carter-Ruck has moved what used to be a form of protection of the individual into what is now very clearly official closing down of the Freedom of Speech which we all thought we once had.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum