The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Lance Armstrong versus the McCanns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lance Armstrong versus the McCanns

Post by Zozo on 22.10.12 22:00

Its amazing when you look at both cases, Armstrong and the Mccanns, and
find out how they have in someways some similarities such as, to live in
complete denial while there is a huge amount of evidence incriminating
them imo, and the way they (had)threaten with suits against people who tried
to challenge their version of truth.

Armstrong also have done so trying to silence those who was challenging his innocence about doping allegations.

Now
its a complete fall from grace for Armstrong....
How long still gonna take for a couple of two Doctors? Weeks, months, years, decades,
century,....?

Below is an Advertisement of Lance Armstrong with Nike sometime ago, where in video he was some how joking about his critics on doping allegations.
Zozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lance Armstrong versus the McCanns

Post by Zozo on 23.10.12 1:38

candyfloss sorry and thanks for the editing of my post above.

Below is the youtube video which was lost during editing of my post above.

Zozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.10.12 2:33

Thank you very much Zozo for posting that very telling video.

Such a powerful reminder that there are those around us who are not what they seem.

In fact, they wear a mask.

Jekylll - and Hyde.

A public persona - but behind that, a very different private reality.

Lance Armstrong - sports cheat.

Jimmy Savile - serial paedophile.

Whatever next?

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Armstrong Lie

Post by Guest on 07.07.14 21:21

Documentary on Channel 4 at the moment about Lance Armstrong and his lying and cheating.  Good one too, last night on BBC4.

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 07.07.14 23:43

Thanks Lady in Red - I just watched it. Brilliant analysis of the anatomy of a lie.

I posted this on another thread in 2013.

From interview by Paul Kimmage in the Observer Sunday 20 October
Lance Armstrong tells Alex Gibney: 'The lie is no longer believable'
In 2009, the filmmaker set out to make The Road Back, about the cyclist's comeback, but found himself telling the story of sport's biggest cover-up, in The Armstrong Lie

'I think the really interesting thing with the story, and in a way what the film is about, is the anatomy of a lie. How does a lie hide in plain sight? There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth.'

Full interview
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/20/lance-armstrong-drugs-in-sport
roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 08.07.14 2:05

I have seen upclose what his lie did to a young girl. She was 8 yrs when she was diagnosed with leucemia. From early on she was very active in this livestrong thing, selling bracelets and goodies and telling everyone about it. She was convinced that her initial remission was thanks to livestrong. When the scandal broke she went into a deep depression and after 2 months the leucemia came back much more aggressive. She died about 6 months later. Was it caused by her reaction on his lies, nobody can tell. Her last months were hell though, and her family is still in deep mourning. I hope karma comes for him.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 7:24

@roy rovers wrote:Thanks Lady in Red - I just watched it. Brilliant analysis of the anatomy of a lie.

I posted this on another thread in 2013.

From interview by Paul Kimmage in the Observer Sunday 20 October
Lance Armstrong tells Alex Gibney: 'The lie is no longer believable'
In 2009, the filmmaker set out to make The Road Back, about the cyclist's comeback, but found himself telling the story of sport's biggest cover-up, in The Armstrong Lie

'I think the really interesting thing with the story, and in a way what the film is about, is the anatomy of a lie. How does a lie hide in plain sight? There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth.'

Full interview
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/20/lance-armstrong-drugs-in-sport

Yes, an excellent film, I thought.  Ruthless man, Armstrong, who silenced and denigrated those who attempted to expose the truth.  Hats off to those who persevered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 8:32

@Zozo wrote:Its amazing when you look at both cases, Armstrong and the Mccanns, and
find out how they have in someways some similarities such as, to live in
complete denial while there is a huge amount of evidence incriminating
them imo, and the way they (had)threaten with suits against people who tried
to challenge their version of truth.

Armstrong also have done so trying to silence those who was challenging his innocence about doping allegations.

Now
its a complete fall from grace for Armstrong....
How long still gonna take for a couple of two Doctors? Weeks, months, years, decades,
century,....?

Below is an Advertisement of Lance Armstrong with Nike sometime ago, where in video he was some how joking about his critics on doping allegations.

That`s how you do it isn`t it, plus ally yourself to Prime Ministers and celebrities, raise money for charity, whilst pomoting the `suffering hero` and `finding the strength to go on` mantra - people love it. Of course in sport you get the mass hysteria felt by the crowd.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 08.07.14 9:10

Carl Lewis pulled a similar smoke and mirrors stunt over Ben Johnson using celebrity as a tool...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 09.07.14 1:46

@Rasputin wrote:Carl Lewis pulled a similar smoke and mirrors stunt over Ben Johnson using celebrity as a tool...

Whoah! Do you mean Carl was doped up? If not you need to express yourself more clearly. I think Carl was always the one pointing to Ben to being the doped up athlete. I remember he used to say "I don't know what he's on!" with a smile on his face which told you all you need to know.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 09.07.14 6:28

@Okeydokey wrote:
@Rasputin wrote:Carl Lewis pulled a similar smoke and mirrors stunt over Ben Johnson using celebrity as a tool...

Whoah! Do you mean Carl was doped up? If not you need to express yourself more clearly. I think Carl was always the one pointing to Ben to being the doped up athlete. I remember he used to say "I don't know what he's on!" with a smile on his face which told you all you need to know.

Check out a documentary called ' Bigger Stronger Faster ' ...it seems Lewis's samples contained more illicit substances than Johnsons but this was put down to error ....When confronted with this in the documentary Lewis has a look on his face similar to the one Armstrong wore . The golden boy couldn't possibly be a liar and a cheat could he ?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.07.14 11:07

@Okeydokey wrote:

Whoah! Do you mean Carl was doped up?  If not you need to express yourself more clearly. I think Carl was always the one pointing to Ben to being the doped up athlete. I remember he used to say "I don't know what he's on!" with a smile on his face which told you all you need to know.

Carl Lewis admitted it http://world-track.org/2009/07/carl-lewis-who-cares-i-failed/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 09.07.14 13:59

What was the state of affairs with Lance Armstrong in 2007 when Gerry McCann was reading his book? AFAIK Lance Armstrong wasn`t under suspicion at that point and he was obviously a hero of Gerrys.

However the doping culture was obviously rife in the cycling fraternity at that point in time - they were all doing it.

Considering GM`s initial interest was sports medicine and considering how he has the same mentality - the `fitter, better, longer` brigade,  - was GM`s interest in Lance Armstrong because of his own bent?   From the programme aired the other night it seems Lance Armstrong`s doctor (Ferrari) was involved purely from a scientific development angle (how to get more oxygen to the muscles and improve performance).
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 10.08.14 22:14

https://abccommercial.com/contentsales/program/stop-nothing-lance-armstrong-story

Just watched Alex Holmes' documentary film 'Stop at Nothing'. Much better film - extremely powerful and well put together. Watch it if you can!

'The film reveals how Armstrong’s cheating was the centre of a grand conspiracy – in which Lance and his backers sought to steal one of the greatest sporting events in history. It shows what happens when a close-knit group of friends shares a secret and how that secret corrodes their friendship, destroying marriages, careers and lives.'
roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 27.01.15 12:34

Recent BBC interview with Lance Armstrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/30984312

I had intended summarising his points......about it wasn't just him, how unfairly he has been treated, and look at all the money he has raised for charity, and we all make mistakes, and life goes on........but I was starting to lose the will to live.

A great guy who did what everyone else was doing and is being victimised for it.

Oh, and Opra did as well as she could when he chose her show to tell the world his story. What a privilege for her in the presence of such greatness !

Breathtaking arrogance, but clearly an inspirational figure to some......

Disgusting.
Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What struck me

Post by Letterwriter on 27.01.15 18:09

What struck me about this was that he seemed to (I'm paraphrasing here) say:

"I should be forgiven as enough time has passed.  But I'd do it again."

I don't know what others made of this but, for me, forgiveness isn't just about time passing.  It's about whether you're sorry - about whether you've learnt a lesson from the experience.

If someone will quite readily do the same wrong all over again, then it's clear they aren't sorry or remorseful so I wouldn't forgive them.
Letterwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.01.15 18:35

I posted the interview yesterday:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5742-lying-lance

I agree with you Letterwriter.  I believe that forgiveness is something that is given by others, and not to be asked for or expected by the wrongdoer.

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 28.01.15 18:24

Perhaps Armstrong has a personality disorder too. There are a few indicators there, non?!
secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum