The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Maddie: Do you agree with Tony Bennett?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maddie: Do you agree with Tony Bennett?

Post by Guest on 22.10.12 12:06

Tony Bennett is accused of libeling the McCanns by suggesting (and banned from saying) that they should be suspected of (a) disposing of Madeleine's body, (b) lying about what happened, and (c) seeking to cover up what they had done.

A) Should the McCanns be suspected?

B) Should Tony be banned from making these suggestions?

Please give brief reasons for both answers

Back to top Go down

Re: Maddie: Do you agree with Tony Bennett?

Post by Guest on 22.10.12 12:16

A). Yes; on the basis initially of the statistics that most children disappear due to the actions of someone close to them and then because of the McCanns' bizarre behaviour ever since.

B) No and that goes for anyone exercising their right to free speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 22.10.12 12:38

A. Yes, they were the last ones to see her alive. British Police Dogs indicated that a dead body had been in their apartment and human blood was found in their apartment and car.

Two men have been charged with murder without a body recently in Wales. The Police have obviously acted on evidence they have gathered. For some reason in the McCann case the evidence gathered wasn't acted upon.

Martin Grime said that some of it wasn't even investigated.

B. No if someothing doesn't make sense then everyone has the right to question it.
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.12 12:48

Yes

The "crime scene", the deleted phone calls, the changing statements, the "raising of the alarm", not searching, looking for a priest, the twins sedation, the strange poster photos, the makeup photos, the torn book, their strange allegiance to MW, the ward of court, the fund, the trademark, the 48 unanswered questions.

No

At the end of the day he's doing nothing more than TM are purportedly doing, looking for answers to bring the little girl home. If the parents were innocent they'd meet the suggestions head or simply ignore them.

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 22.10.12 13:30

A) Yes of course! statistics, common sense and I imagine standard Police practice would be for anyone (family,friends, last person to see her or in the resort at the time) to be a suspect until the investigation has come to a conclusion.
B) To be fair, honest and with the danger of being banned myself, this forum has banned people for a lot less on many occasions. I would however not personally want to see TB banned

david_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.12 13:34

It doesn't mean that Tony should be banned from the forum David_UK but banned by Carter-Ruck from saying publicly things about the case that they don't like.

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 22.10.12 14:24

lol, my apologies. Well no to both anyway ! :)

david_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 22.10.12 14:54

A:) I truly don't know, I do know however that I don't believe she was abducted by gypsies, some random family wanting a child, or a Posh spice lookalike. The way the McCann's have conducted themselves has cause people to be suspicious in my opinion. History also tells us in that in a lot of these cases the perpetrators are well known or related to the victim.

B:) No, he should not be silenced. We have something called freedom of speech and it should be up held.

I don't believe however we will ever know the truth of what happened that night.
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 22.10.12 15:20

(a) Should the McCanns be suspected? - Of course they should. Although the public do not know for sure what happened to Madeleine, it does not negate the fact that the McCann`s story is highly suspicious. Is no one meant to query it? The McCanns are still suspected by a significant number of the population including a top criminal profiler, law enforcement personnel, psychologists, add to that the hundreds of other bloggers and commentators, so Tony Bennett is not alone in his suspicions. Imagine a country where suspicious behaviour was not queried by the public - it would be a totalitarian state.

(b) Should Tony be banned from making these suggestions? - No one should be banned for making suggestions or defending their point of view - unless I`m mistaken about us living in a democracy.
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 22.10.12 16:47

Yes, of course they should be suspected!

If Tony is banned from talking about the McCanns then everyone else should be aswell. It's utterly ludicrous and unhelpful to single out one person.
AskTheDogsSandra

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 22.10.12 17:13

A. Of course they should be suspected. Until such time as the crime is solved, or the parents can provide valid and believable evidence that they could not have been involved, they need to remain suspects.

B. Nobody should be silenced. Kate McCann is not going to like this, but it is not about HER. This is about a little girl, just four years old, who was taken to Portugal and never returned home. Madeleine cannot speak for herself, somebody needs to.

Is it in Madeleine's best interests to jail Tony Bennett ? No. Is it in Madeleine's best interest that the public are made aware of the circumstances surrounding her disapperance and her parents actions thereafter - yes. Madeleine is a Ward of Court, I trust the Court will act in her best interest.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 22.10.12 17:16

Should Savile have been suspected ?
YES
Should victims and witnesses have been prevented from speaking out ?
NO - but they were !

Where is the difference ?

Parents, close family and family friends are always the prime suspects in any case involving children, almost whatever the circumstances. Even if they were not the perpetrators they are suspects in failing to ensure the child's safety.
All TB has done is repeat what every police officer, probation officer, prison officer, social worker, doctor, and incidentally every lawyer who practices in the fields of crime and family law, every criminal law and family law judge knows.
It was the first thing that occurred to Dr Amaral, and to Mike Harrison. If you are investigating a case involving a child, it is where you start.

Should they all be prevented from saying or thinking that ? How are you going to stop them ?

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 22.10.12 17:29

In trying to silence Tony, they are bringing more publicity to the very things they don't want people talking about. Illogical and irrational. Unless Tony has got too close to the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 22.10.12 18:12

There is the statistical improbability of how an abduction could have been carried out according to the McCanns' scenario.

There is also the statistical improbability of the dogs randomly selecting the McCann's apartment and car whilst disregarding the 9 other apartments and cars that were tested.

So, you can only not suspect the McCanns if you disregard statistical theory. And why should you do that?

And why should anyone be banned from stating that the McCann's abduction hypothesis (for it is no more than that) is extremely improbable?
statsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badria on 22.10.12 18:13

Yes the McCann's should be suspected until the case is solved. They were not made arguido's for nothing. If the case is reopened they will resume being arguido's.

No, Mr Bennett should not be banned from his freedom of speech.

Badria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.12 18:44

Its a very simple answer, Yes and No.

A. They are suspect, everything about their story and everything surrounding this case is suspicious. I think it really is unbelieveble that they have not been charged for anything, not even for leaving three small children alone in a strange appartment, in a strange country . An appartment who was left unlocked and that where not childfriendly as hard floor tiles for example. Its F****** unbelieveble really ! I would love to see them in court answering some questions. I would love to see them do a real recounstruction with real uncorrupt polices ! This case would not have brought so much suspicion to so many people if there was not so MANY suspiciouse things about it! ( all this in MHO ofcourse )

B. Ofcourse NOT ! Everyone should be allowed to have their oppinion. All TB ever did was pointing to the fact and the police files.
"Ofcourse he made up a wild and farfetch story to get money and attention about two doctors being able to hide the body of their dead child just because som high trained sniffer dogs indicated a dead body in their appartment,clothes,toys and rental car and none of their friends got the story right, and then all the high power people come to rescue them. I cant understand where he got does ideas from !.... I dont think he got the idea of Gerry lying watching his Tv interviews where he so camly , unblinkly, not scratcing his ears,nose or face, not laughing when telling about the sighting, and never uses his spokeperson, the dog, to answer the real hard questions .He must have made it all up ! "

If TB just wanted some money and fame im sure there are thousand other cases he could have picked and got a better result.
If he just is a nasty man who likes to pick on people going through the hardest time of their life, im surprised he has not done that with someon else before, or after the Mccanns.

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper on 22.10.12 19:07

Has a cadaver dog ever alerted in any other missing person case & the place where there was an alert contradicted that of those where suspicion would lay,not been suspected of involvement?? if thats a no then YES... the McCanns & co should be suspected & rightly so

NO:Mr Bennet & anyone who agrees with the above can have major doubts in the case & can/will continue to do so untill action is seen to be done
saltnpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by coppernob on 22.10.12 20:19

A) The moment those dogs signalled then that was it for me, of course they should be suspected. Long before the dogs arrived, they should have been suspected and to suggest they were in no way to blame is totally unrealistic. Leaving those babies alone in that apartment, even if she had woke and wandered or had been abducted was a criminal act in itself and would have contributed to her disapperance so how the hell can they even hold there heads up in public and attack others who dare to criticise ?

B) Do the Macs not realise that by pursuing Tony they are making there own case weaker and weaker? If my child was truly missing and I had no clue where that child was I'd be welcoming Tony with open arms, taking any critisism on the chin and in PDL searching , not that I would have left my child alone in the first place.
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.10.12 20:49

OF COURSE!
They said so themselves that as parents of Madeleine (last people to have seen her alive) they understand they had to be looked at as a natural process of the investigation; and the AG qualifies in the closing statement they did not help to clear their name by their refusal to cooperate with investigators.

OF COURSE NOT!
It was not TB suggestions, rather they were suggestions of the investigators - that is a fact.
A fact that neither the mccanns nor their nasty lawyers can change.
The fact that they even hire lawyers to sue people to suppress the released data says something loud and clear, that is, they want the truth to be hidden.
History has proven the truth will out one way or another.

Just look at how So-vile protested about the allegations throughout his lifetime at the same time threatening to drag half the police down, and look what emerges now? HORROR of HORRORS, shocking!
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 22.10.12 22:26

Badria wrote:Yes the McCann's should be suspected until the case is solved. They were not made arguido's for nothing. If the case is reopened they will resume being arguido's.

This is so true. However any re-investigation doesn't seem to start from the beginning were you eliminate as you go along. As with the apparent agenda of the investigation with SY.

Instead of starting at the beginning, ie when they got to Portugal or possibly before. They only although allowthem to begin after she went missing and don't seem to be able to question any one. If the SY investigation was worth the paper it was being written on then they would have brought everyone in that was at the resort at the time. Who knows people may even recall more as time has gone on.

It is like looking for something but you don't want it to be found, that is why I don't think she ever will be.
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 22.10.12 22:34

Just to remind people to answer the question that's posed in the OP please and not to turn this thread into a debate.

Pershing36 please have another go big grin

And while I'm here I'll add my tuppenceworth:

A: yes

B: No
Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 22.10.12 22:44

A) Yes

B) No
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather on 22.10.12 22:53

A: Yes. Reasoning: the 'records' (see the files). I don't believe the McCanns are alone in what happened to Madeleine, IMO the McCann’s had help. From a variety of parties. Strictly IMO. And that of the PJ.

B: No, of course not. It's easier however when there's a collective of people who cause annoyance to those who claim to be defamed. It's harder to silence a group. An individual is easy prey.
Lady-Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 23.10.12 9:28

A: Yes, the files.

B: No, the files.

Back to top Go down

Post by nospinnaker on 23.10.12 10:21

Yes it is reasonable to suspect the McCanns - and their friends - of 'having something to do with Madeleine's disappearance'. The OP asked a closed question so I have modified my response.

My reasons for thinking that are: The dogs, the case files, the bizarre behaviour, the rush to lawyer-up, the world tour, the Pope, the beliefs of the Portuguese Police, the suspicions of the British consular staff, the body language, the fund, the trip to Huelva, the theatrical rosary beads, the ditto Cuddle-Cat, the losing of the wallet, the shutters, the door, the window, the child's book cover concocted timeline, the wider agenda, that strange Radio 4 interview about 'we would know how to resuscitate a child', the creche records, the Bridget O'Donnell piece, the Gaspar statement, the Smith statement, John Stalker's views, The Truth of the Lie, the continual global sightings fiasco, the Church in PdL, the keys, the Priest, the other Priest, the Vatican website, the fake email button, the 13% spent on searching, the flowers and laughter outside the church a few days later, the cameras still rolling after the interview, Pat Brown, the look on the Portuguese policeman's face in that photo outside the Police Station, the comments about Murat, the clean-up, the refusal to do a proper reconstruction, the pre-emptive answering of awkward questions, Mrs Fenn, the Rothley Hotel meet-up, the trip back home, the whole flakey pretendy Clarence Mitchell nonsense, Kate's book, the bag, the running by the beach, never mentioning the huge NoW reward, the 'good marketing ploy', the towel, the smell in the car, the child friendly toppings, the sea bass, Yvonne Martin, the missing posters and good quality wristbands, the pretending they've won a court case, the fantastical claim that Mr Amaral's book is harming the search for Madeleine, the photoshopping, the 'nobody wearing a watch', the 'within the bounds of responsible parenting', the pyjama stain, the lack of even a hair for DNA purposes, the moved bed, the crying incident. And there I'll leave it because my fingers are sore and you asked for brevity.

Yes Mr Bennet - or anybody - should be free to voice their opinions on the matter. Of course, they are free to do so, but should beware of the libel laws of this country which require you to be right about what you say about somebody, to the point you can prove it. That burden of proof is lower than that required in a court where , say, a murder trial is being conducted. Mr Bennet is free to say these things up to the point where he signs up to a legally binding agreement that he won't.

nospinnaker

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum