The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Mm11

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Regist10

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:53 am

Do they do things differently in Wales. Similar to April Jones. This lady has been missing just a week, no body, yet they have charged a man with murder???

19 October 2012 Last updated at 19:21





Catherine Gowing: Clive Sharpe on missing vet murder charge


A man has been charged with murdering Catherine Gowing, a 37-year-old vet who has been missing for a week.

Clive Sharpe, from Bethesda, Gwynedd, will appear at Mold magistrates court on Saturday morning.

Irish-born Miss Gowing, from New Brighton, Flintshire, has not been seen since a sighting at a supermarket last Friday.

Earlier, North Wales Police confirmed a burnt out car found close to a disused quarry near her home was hers.

Miss Gowing is originally from County Offaly in the Republic of Ireland.

Karen Dixon from the Crown Prosecution Service said the decision to charge Mr Sharpe with murder was taken after a "detailed review" of evidence gathered so far by North Wales Police.

'Judicial process'


“Start Quote



We will do all that is conceivably possible to find Catherine and return her to her family”
End Quote Det Supt John Hanson North Wales Police
Det Supt John Hanson, from North Wales Police, renewed an appeal for anyone who was in and around the area of the disused quarry in Pinfold Lane in Alltami at any time last weekend to come forward.

"I have already spoken about the extent and scope of the examinations and searches taking place and the resources involved in the search to find Catherine," he said.

"Those searches will continue into this evening and throughout the weekend.

"We will do all that is conceivably possible to find Catherine and return her to her family. That remains our priority."

He said the missing woman's family are still in north Wales and are being supported by family liaison officers.

"They are aware of this significant development and they are fully updated on progress of the investigation.

"It is now time to let the judicial process take its course and time to let the family come to terms with what has happened over the last week," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20012204
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 am

Had anyone heard of this poor missing woman? They are still carrying out searches, so sad, no publicity on this one.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Ciawoman on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:11 am

I haven't heard of this poor woman being missing at all and been reading the news a lot lately. The Welsh police obviously feel they have enough evidence to secure a conviction but yes is unusual to hear of two been charged without a body within a month.
Ciawoman
Ciawoman

Posts : 62
Activity : 77
Likes received : 7
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 53
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:19 am

@Ciawoman wrote:I haven't heard of this poor woman being missing at all and been reading the news a lot lately. The Welsh police obviously feel they have enough evidence to secure a conviction but yes is unusual to hear of two been charged without a body within a month.

Yes, both in Wales too. I read all the news everyday too Ciawoman, and have never seen a thing about this.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Ciawoman on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:36 am



Yes, both in Wales too. I read all the news everyday too Ciawoman, and have never seen a thing about this.[/quote]

The Welsh police don't seem to mess around, especially when you look at they sad case of Tia, though once her body was found it didn't take long for arrests.
Ciawoman
Ciawoman

Posts : 62
Activity : 77
Likes received : 7
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 53
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:39 am

I have heard of the case but only via a relative in Ireland. I thought that it sounded rather like the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by littlepixie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:42 am

I have been tweeting about Catherine as this is local to me. They found her car last night but as far as I know they haven't found her. So very sad.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Posts : 1346
Activity : 1392
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by ShuBob on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 am

I think I first heard about the case yesterday after an appeal by the missing woman's sister. It was said that the man charged with her murder was known to her.
avatar
ShuBob

Posts : 1896
Activity : 1983
Likes received : 67
Join date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by EJW on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:48 am

@littlepixie wrote:I have been tweeting about Catherine as this is local to me. They found her car last night but as far as I know they haven't found her. So very sad.



It's very local to me too littlepixie, literally around the corner. We have had the police helicopters flying low around the village for the past two days, particularly on Thursday evening, so low you could see the police numbers under the heli quite clearly. We have also been doorstopped by the police too. They have found her burnt out car on the lane leading to the Pinfold estate from the A55 but still no sign of her body, it's terribly sad. Police divers have been at the old water filled quarry on Pinfold estate this afternoon. She worked at the vets we attend but have never had her see one of our animals, but have seen her at our local wine/tapas bar on occasion. It's dreadful!
EJW
EJW

Posts : 183
Activity : 195
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by EJW on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:00 am

This has been reporetd on the BBC website, Independent website and on the national news BBC2 at 6 o clock (radio) It has been quite widely reported but it seems noone gets that upset about a missing older female. (not a dig at anyone and i thank the original poster for bringing this to a wider attention). It appears you have to be under 25, pretty and white to garner attention!
EJW
EJW

Posts : 183
Activity : 195
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by littlepixie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 am

If she is in the pool I can't understand why he would have thrown her in the pool then burnt her car. Doesn't make sense.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Posts : 1346
Activity : 1392
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by EJW on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 am

@littlepixie wrote:If she is in the pool I can't understand why he would have thrown her in the pool then burnt her car. Doesn't make sense.

Me neither, why burn the car right next to where you had abandoned a body? It's all strange but it may be that he panicked as he is known to her, maybe an ex partner or at least a friend, all done in a fit of rage and not really expecting to NOT get caught?
EJW
EJW

Posts : 183
Activity : 195
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by EJW on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 am

candyfloss wrote:Do they do things differently in Wales. Similar to April Jones. This lady has been missing just a week, no body, yet they have charged a man with murder???

19 October 2012 Last updated at 19:21





Catherine Gowing: Clive Sharpe on missing vet murder charge


A man has been charged with murdering Catherine Gowing, a 37-year-old vet who has been missing for a week.

Clive Sharpe, from Bethesda, Gwynedd, will appear at Mold magistrates court on Saturday morning.

Irish-born Miss Gowing, from New Brighton, Flintshire, has not been seen since a sighting at a supermarket last Friday.

Earlier, North Wales Police confirmed a burnt out car found close to a disused quarry near her home was hers.

Miss Gowing is originally from County Offaly in the Republic of Ireland.

Karen Dixon from the Crown Prosecution Service said the decision to charge Mr Sharpe with murder was taken after a "detailed review" of evidence gathered so far by North Wales Police.

'Judicial process'


“Start Quote



We will do all that is conceivably possible to find Catherine and return her to her family”
End Quote Det Supt John Hanson North Wales Police
Det Supt John Hanson, from North Wales Police, renewed an appeal for anyone who was in and around the area of the disused quarry in Pinfold Lane in Alltami at any time last weekend to come forward.

"I have already spoken about the extent and scope of the examinations and searches taking place and the resources involved in the search to find Catherine," he said.

"Those searches will continue into this evening and throughout the weekend.

"We will do all that is conceivably possible to find Catherine and return her to her family. That remains our priority."

He said the missing woman's family are still in north Wales and are being supported by family liaison officers.

"They are aware of this significant development and they are fully updated on progress of the investigation.

"It is now time to let the judicial process take its course and time to let the family come to terms with what has happened over the last week," he added.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20012204
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20012204[/quote[/url]]

Just to add candyfloss, perhaps we do do things differently in Wales, we are a mostly devolved nation, only getting funding for certain things from central government (whitehall) mostly transport and social services and education, although this is about to change imminently before the next fiscal year. We are also about to vote for a new police commissioner, that we have never had before, I don't know if they have this in England but we will vote to have one for each of the consortia in Wales (there are 4) SEWTA, SWWITCH, TRaCC, and TAITH who deal with everything at a regional level rather than each individual 22 Welsh authorities dealing with it themselves.
EJW
EJW

Posts : 183
Activity : 195
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by saltnpepper on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:16 am

Local to me too,remember a few years ago that vandals mocked the entrance sign into Mold,replacing market town with murder town,seen the appeal by the sister yesterday...who you could see was fearing the worst but hoping for the best
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Posts : 154
Activity : 154
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-30
Location : wales

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by littlepixie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

I am glad I am not the only local who follows the Maddie case. Things that stood out for me were - Alphaig and Mr Cowley (up the road) and also Mr Windows and his charitable videos in Flint. A so called Jehovahs Witness spouting off in an area that has hundreds, if not thousands of Jehovahs Witnesses.
6000 at the last Convention.

ETA. Ask any window cleaner round here who are his fiercest competition and he will no doubt say - the Jehovahs Witnesses.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Posts : 1346
Activity : 1392
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by saltnpepper on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:47 am

@littlepixie wrote:I am glad I am not the only local who follows the Maddie case. Things that stood out for me were - Alphaig and Mr Cowley (up the road) and also Mr Windows and his charitable videos in Flint. A so called Jehovahs Witness spouting off in an area that has hundreds, if not thousands of Jehovahs Witnesses.
6000 at the last Convention.

ETA. Ask any window cleaner round here who are his fiercest competition and he will no doubt say - the Jehovahs Witnesses.

Dont worry little pixie theres more of us than you may think(mc sceptics i mean Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body 110921)ive put someone on the case today with the truth of the lie
What is the charitable video you refer to?
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Posts : 154
Activity : 154
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-30
Location : wales

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by littlepixie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 am

A Practicing Jehovahs Witness would not be seen to be doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgE4X9cJoaw
littlepixie
littlepixie

Posts : 1346
Activity : 1392
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by EJW on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/11/02/human-remains-found-by-river-as-police-search-for-missing-vet-catherine-gowing-55578-32155668/

Remains have been found but it has not been confirmed yet that it is the missing woman.

One thing I learnt this week that I wasn't aware of and I'm not sure it's been reported in the press, is that the man arrested is the boyfriend of the missing womans housemate, who was in Ireland at the time of the disappearance. Also she had supposedly gone missing on the Friday evening, yet her bin and recycling was put out on the Monday morning and emptied and a neighbour brought the bin back onto her drive on Monday afternoon. If no one was at the house all weekend and she went missing on the Friday, who had put her bins out? Quite strange.

____________________

EJW
EJW

Posts : 183
Activity : 195
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by saltnpepper on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 am

@EJW wrote:http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/11/02/human-remains-found-by-river-as-police-search-for-missing-vet-catherine-gowing-55578-32155668/

Remains have been found but it has not been confirmed yet that it is the missing woman.

One thing I learnt this week that I wasn't aware of and I'm not sure it's been reported in the press, is that the man arrested is the boyfriend of the missing womans housemate, who was in Ireland at the time of the disappearance. Also she had supposedly gone missing on the Friday evening, yet her bin and recycling was put out on the Monday morning and emptied and a neighbour brought the bin back onto her drive on Monday afternoon. If no one was at the house all weekend and she went missing on the Friday, who had put her bins out? Quite strange.

Seen the news yesterday,maybe the accused had access to the house over the weekend,it was on the monday after failing to turn up for work that there became concern for Catherines wherabouts...wondering if a cadaver dog was used as he was charged without a body
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Posts : 154
Activity : 154
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-30
Location : wales

Back to top Go down

Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body Empty Re: Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body

Post by saltnpepper on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 am

@littlepixie wrote:I am glad I am not the only local who follows the Maddie case. Things that stood out for me were - Alphaig and Mr Cowley (up the road) and also Mr Windows and his charitable videos in Flint. A so called Jehovahs Witness spouting off in an area that has hundreds, if not thousands of Jehovahs Witnesses.
6000 at the last Convention.

ETA. Ask any window cleaner round here who are his fiercest competition and he will no doubt say - the Jehovahs Witnesses.

Up the road from me too,im in the well Catherine Gowing, Missing a week, and Welsh police charge man with murder - no body 302873
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Posts : 154
Activity : 154
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-30
Location : wales

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum