The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why was the Cuddlecat toy in a bin?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why was the Cuddlecat toy in a bin?

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 21:30

@tigger wrote:

Did you know that in the very early days Gerry wanted Kate photographed in a swimsuit? For publicity purposes, I think the pink one put a stop to that. Somebody too, must have put a stop to the cuddlecat enterprise - a website too far you might say.

Tigger, do you know where I could read more about Gerry and the swimsuit wish? I haven't come across it before. Eww.

It makes you wonder what was in their aspiration in the early days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 22:29

If memory serves me, it was Clarence Mitchell in an interview, denying that it was him who had proposed Kate's swimsuit photo shoot, but Gerry. And that he had voted against it. Will see if I find it. I think it's even on camera ...

ETA It's here:
March 1, 2009
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/clarence-mitchell-i-am-a-decent-human-being-if-i-can-help-them-i-will-1634738.html
Clarence Mitchell: 'I am a decent human being. If I can help them, I will'
[...]
There's no truth, then, in the report that he tried to get Kate to be photographed in a swimsuit? "Utter bollocks." Gerry suggested it without realising the implications, he says, and was then persuaded otherwise. "A good example of facts being distorted. Completely, 180-degree wrong." [...]

BTW every time I see that photo of Gerry carrying [a heavily sleeping] Sean over his shoulder with just ONE arm, I'm reminded again that at the time I thought and now I still think that the little boy is sedated and that's why his father knows he won't make an unexpected move and fall backwards ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.10.12 22:57

How many children do you know who have slept through an Easyjet landing ?
Stewards are instructed to make sure they are all awake and in the proper position and properly strapped in.

Then there is the drama of the landing itself (a controlled crash, as several pilots have described it) followed by reverse thrust
and then the srmble to get hand bagage out of the overhead lockers before the plane has come to a halt, and frequent exhortions by the co-pilot to sit down

Then people switching on mobile phones and so it goes on.
And the child slept through that ?

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 23:14

@PeterMac wrote:How many children do you know who have slept through an Easyjet landing ?
Stewards are instructed to make sure they are all awake and in the proper position and properly strapped in.

Then there is the drama of the landing itself (a controlled crash, as several pilots have described it) followed by reverse thrust
and then the srmble to get hand bagage out of the overhead lockers before the plane has come to a halt, and frequent exhortions by the co-pilot to sit down

He wasn't asleep, PeterMac, and Gerry knew that. You CAN NOT carry a sleeping child like that. It may at any moment wake up and make an unexpected move, most likely fall backwards and there is no support. Also during his short "emotional" speech at the airport [non verbatim] "We have nothing to do with the disappearance of our lovelyvdaughter, Madeleine" he kept holding Sean with one arm only, paper "script" in the other hand. Sleeping? My foot ...

IMO, of course, IMO.

ETA this and other situations made me wonder occasionally IF Sean would have something to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.10.12 5:39

@PeterMac wrote:How many children do you know who have slept through an Easyjet landing ?

Even a sleeping child (unless very heavily asleep) would feel uncomfortable propped up that way in vertical position against gravity.
There is only one comfortable sleeping position, that is, with one's back towards gravity. Most children of that age get very grouchy and grumpy during flights and landings. If they'd sedated the child, which is very likely, no doubt they would put it down to air-sickness medication, which does put out a child.

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 9:11

Maybe it's an attempt to show the public that Sean can sleep through anything - just like the night of the "abduction" and the hysteria in the apartment.... Maybe they thought it would sway the doubters their way...

I really don't get the swimsuit thing- why even think it, why even think it might be appropriate to suggest it.. regardless of the implications.. just bizarre and very tasteless. Suppose that about sums them up IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 21.10.12 9:45

Stewie wrote:

Maybe it's an attempt to show the public that Sean can sleep through anything - just like the night of the "abduction" and the hysteria in the apartment.... Maybe they thought it would sway the doubters their way...

I really don't get the swimsuit thing- why even think it, why even think it might be appropriate to suggest it.. regardless of the implications.. just bizarre and very tasteless. Suppose that about sums them up IMO.

Take note, no airport shuttle bus back to the main building, nor even a car, you walk at East Midlands, so where was the shuttle bus video taken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 9:53

At the other end of the journey in Portugal? That's the only answer if it was indeed filmed on 28th April 2007 as claimed.

That would explain why the trousers Madeleine is wearing while climbing the steps don't appear to be the same as on the bus.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 21.10.12 10:01

Yes Nina, no bus. Neither does there seem to be one in the background waiting for the other passengers from the aircraft. Whilst the McCanns may have forgone the bus in order to make their press appearance, there should be one for the remaining passengers, if they are used there.

I know many, many parents who use vallergan or phenergan, an over the counter medication, on their children when flying. It will indeed send them into a very sound sleep and when they awake will take quite a while to become fully functional. In that photo Sean is completely asleep, look at his arm and legs just hanging there. That is not a "shy" child cuddling into daddy or a snoozing child. That is one sound asleep little boy. Odd, coming onto the steps to the fresh air, noise and smell on an airport runway, coupled with all the press attention and hullabaloo going on, should be enough to at least stir him from sleep.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.10.12 10:50

Jean wrote:At the other end of the journey in Portugal? That's the only answer if it was indeed filmed on 28th April 2007 as claimed.

That would explain why the trousers Madeleine is wearing while climbing the steps don't appear to be the same as on the bus.

a 'being a bit thick' moment here, I need a cup of tea, do you mean she changed here trousers on the flight, or were the steps, getting onto the Irish flight to Donegal or some other journey?

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 21.10.12 10:57

Jean wrote:At the other end of the journey in Portugal? That's the only answer if it was indeed filmed on 28th April 2007 as claimed.

Do you think the video is backwards Jean or am I mis-understanding you ? The video shows us them on the bus, then Madeleine going up the steps. If the bus were in Portugal she would not be going up the steps if they had just arrived. Or am I confusing myselff ??

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 11:44

Here's the video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn35YychIQg&feature=related

The climbing the steps scene is before that on the bus. To me it seems as if the full length trousers in the first bit are too narrow to be rolled up to knee length as in the second bit - so maybe they were changed on the plane?

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 21.10.12 11:50

Jean wrote:Here's the video again.

The climbing the steps scene is before that on the bus. To me it seems as if the full length trousers in the first bit are too narrow to be rolled up to knee length as in the second bit - so maybe they were changed on the plane?

Thanks Jean, I am in the sticks and our broadband has been problematic for near on 12 months now so I cannot watch videos.

It is very likley there were a change of trousers on the plane, they would at least have been brought on board by Kate. Spare everything for kids that age are a necessity.

Do we know if they have buses at the Portugese airport, I assume Faro

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 21.10.12 11:57

I don't think she was wearing full length trousers when boarding the plane (as she did later in the play area in PDL). They look more like baggy pirate pants. Couldn't it be that they were falling down a bit and therefore looked a little longer than when she was sitting on the bus?

Ribisl

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.10.12 12:20

@Ribisl wrote:

I don't think she was wearing full length trousers when boarding the plane (as she did later in the play area in PDL). They look more like baggy pirate pants. Couldn't it be that they were falling down a bit and therefore looked a little longer than when she was sitting on the bus?

The
climbing the steps scene is before that on the bus. To me it seems as
if the full length trousers in the first bit are too narrow to be
rolled up to knee length as in the second bit - so maybe they were
changed on the plane?

Looking really closely this time, the pink trousers going to airplane seem to me to be
'straight-ish' in their cut, stop around top of socks, showing a bit of
bare leg.
On the bus, the bags, tops, of Payne's daughter and Maddie seem the same.
It could be that the pink trousers are just pulled up/caught up on the
long adult seat, for the knees to be just covered and the shins to be
exposed. It looks as though there is a little bit of fold above the knees in one or two frames.
Payne's daughter seems to be wearing the same dark blue trousers/jeans.
Gerry has the same short sleeved beige T shirt and jeans that we see preceding the cameraman (Payne) before going up the steps and then on the bus.
It would be a bit much to think this was all a separate 'bus from stairs' journey.
There are other people on the bus, behind Dianne Webster, so it looks like a normal airport bus.
Do they have them on the Portuguese side?
Certainly, the playground trousers are entirely different.
Notable this journey, that Gerry says he is not there to 'f****** enjoy himself. Now what does that mean?
Even black joking, it's a whinge and a put down for everyone else who quite rightly might be in high spirits, after all, a bit of sunshine, good food, relaxation, holiday wine/spirit, cherished company etc. at an earlier time of the year just climbing out of winter and its hardships.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 21.10.12 14:21

Bobbin, I have trousers for my kids that I would often use when travelling. They are long, but there is a fold at the knee underneath which is a zip, which turns them into shorts. Very handy when leaving a cold country and arriving in a hot one. These come in different formats - zips at the kneee, above the knee and three quarters of the way down the leg. So you have options of different lengths. Could it be those ?

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 21.10.12 14:28

In my opinion the trousers are different. The bus trousers are cotton, the playground trousers are knitted cotton with flower patterns on both knees/front. Still cannot do pictures but would be good if a still from the bus and the playground picture could be posted roses The rest of the outfit looks the same though. maybe there was a spill on the journey.

I am way off topic flag soz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 14:37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 14:38

OOOh how did that happen, I have been trying to do pics side by side, and couldn't, and it has just happened. Don't know how though

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 21.10.12 14:39

candyfloss wrote:

Thankyou candyfloss, but be careful you are off topic as well laughat airkiss

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 21.10.12 15:13

Thanks for the pics Candyfloss. The look different, the area around the knees on the bus look too wide to be the trousers in the playground. The pics should be the other way around though, really. Shorter trousers in the playground in PDL, longer on the journey having just left UK.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.10.12 15:36

@sami wrote:Thanks for the pics Candyfloss. The look different, the area around the knees on the bus look too wide to be the trousers in the playground. The pics should be the other way around though, really. Shorter trousers in the playground in PDL, longer on the journey having just left UK.

Yes I know it's gone off topic, only that the pink cuddlecat is the same pink as Maddie's top, there, does that help bring it back in line.
There is more though to the discussion of which trousers, weather etc.
The fact is that it must have been quite cool/cold in Portugal.
Gerry in the playground photo now has a long sleeved jumper on, the man with his trouser's rolled up is also wearing a long over jumper etc.
Mr. What's his name in the short sleeved T shirt looks more as though he is gritting his teeth than enjoying the warm weather.
The point is, it was cool/cold in Portugal as evidenced, and once again shows that the persistently high temperatures needed to make the bougainvillea flower, as purported in the 'last photo' of Maddie by the pool, as being May 3rd 2007, is a complete fake.
Now cuddlecat, being selected by Eddie, and later barked at, shows that Eddie, who is trained by Martin Grimes, as he himself explained, to make a vocal sound when cadaver odour is detected, along with the fake last photo, would be serious indications to pursue the line of a death, rather than an abduction, sadly to say.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat on 21.10.12 19:13

@aiyoyo wrote:

Even a sleeping child (unless very heavily asleep) would feel uncomfortable propped up that way in vertical position against gravity.
There is only one comfortable sleeping position, that is, with one's back towards gravity. Most children of that age get very grouchy and grumpy during flights and landings. If they'd sedated the child, which is very likely, no doubt they would put it down to air-sickness medication, which does put out a child.

I carry my sleeping 4 yr old like this a lot, although he normally has his arms around my neck and his legs wrapped around my waist. Because of how his arms and legs are wrapped around my body it is relatively easy for me to carry him with one arm, up the stair and to bed. I've also managed to get him out of bed, get a coat and shoes on him, carry him to a car, put him in a car seat and strap him in, then reverse the process once we are at our destination. This was when he was about 18-24 months. I have certainly never sedated my child, but it is possible for a child to remain sleeping. I'm not discrediting anything anyone else has said, merely pointing out what I was able to do, and how I carried, and indeed still do carry, my son. I'm also a female, and have no problems regarding the weight of my child and the length of time I can carry him like that. When my son has jerked while in this position, I simply lean my body backwards so that he remains upright. I then move him back with my other hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.10.12 19:26

If he normally has his legs round your waist and his arms round your neck, he's in no danger of falling backwards. I've seen other photographs of the McCanns carrying their children on one hip and leaning away without the child having a good hold on the person carrying it.

I would always drape the arms of the child round my neck as a basic precaution. Apart from anything else it 's hardly an affectionate way to hold a child.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum