The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Mm11

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Regist10

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by aiyoyo on 03.10.12 5:47

@Da Troof wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.




Their comment is not on contention, rather it's their case selective attitude that irks me.
So you don't have a problem with them that, ha.....only asking? Why this particular case?
If I am not wrong they did not comment on Tia Sharp's case.
They didn't even bother to express condolences after they removed Tia-sharp related comment on their website.

They are a despicable pair through and through, beyond redemption it seems at the rate they carry on.
They make my skin crawls, say-ville style.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Activity : 10084
Likes received : 326
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 8:28

Still no sign of the girl.
A few things
The man was arrested abut 3pm yesterday, so the 24 hours runs out soon.
Public being asked to stay away and to leave it to the professionals, Police and Mountain rescue
Searching the river but it is in flood, so anything thrown in would get washed away.

Not good.
Also some discussion in the broadsheets about the decision to issue the first ever Missing Child Alert. It was clearly inappropriate, (but the pressure to be seen to do everything was probably too great for the co-ordinator to resist.)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 11910
Activity : 14709
Likes received : 1871
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by uppatoffee on 03.10.12 8:38

I agree PM, it's not sounding positive. The fact the dogs have been in all night, the volunteers are asked not to search anymore suggests they anticipate making a discovery soon. I hope I am wrong.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Activity : 645
Likes received : 3
Join date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Da Troof on 03.10.12 8:47

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Da Troof wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.




Their comment is not on contention, rather it's their case selective attitude that irks me.
So you don't have a problem with them that, ha.....only asking? Why this particular case?
If I am not wrong they did not comment on Tia Sharp's case.
They didn't even bother to express condolences after they removed Tia-sharp related comment on their website.

They are a despicable pair through and through, beyond redemption it seems at the rate they carry on.
They make my skin crawls, say-ville style.


Agreed, the comment in this case is fine, but they are not! One thing that does annoy me in this case is that they may have chosen to comment because the age and look of April is similar to MMcC and initially it appeared to be a stranger abduction. While they have been silent on other cases that bore fewer similarities to their hoax.
avatar
Da Troof

Posts : 80
Activity : 88
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 8:52

@Da Troof wrote:
Agreed, the comment in this case is fine, but they are not! One thing that does annoy me in this case is that they may have chosen to comment because the age and look of April is similar to MMcC and initially it appeared to be a stranger abduction. While they have been silent on other cases that bore fewer similarities to their hoax.
I second that.
One can almost sense their "relief".
"At last there is a proper abduction by a stranger. Now people will start to believe us. No no one will be able to say it doesn't happen. Hooray. Get onto Mitchell and get him to say something."
Pity for them it may turn out to be a friend of the family !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 11910
Activity : 14709
Likes received : 1871
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Liz Eagles on 03.10.12 9:04

Mike Haines (not sure if that's how his surname is spelt) ex head of SY's paedophile unit has just been interviewed on Sky News. What an enlightening interview he gave about interviewing/mindset of a suspect. Definitely worth a watch.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Posts : 10390
Activity : 12776
Likes received : 2195
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by sami on 03.10.12 9:15

I agree with what you say PeterMac. How disappointing it must have been for them to hear there is a possibility April has been harmed by someone she knows and not a stranger. Of course, in the McCanns world, being abducted does not mean a child is harmed.
avatar
sami

Posts : 965
Activity : 1019
Likes received : 54
Join date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Liz Eagles on 03.10.12 9:41

One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Posts : 10390
Activity : 12776
Likes received : 2195
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 9:46

In their sheer desperation to make people believe their version of events that Maddie was abducted by a baddie, the McCanns have failed to realise that every single case they've attached themselves to has ended with the perpertrator almost always known to the victims.
avatar
ShuBob

Posts : 1896
Activity : 1983
Likes received : 67
Join date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 9:51

aquila wrote:One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.

Kate McCann is as hard as nails. How she could just sit there and say nothing when being questioned about her OWN daughter's disappearance takes some doing.
avatar
ShuBob

Posts : 1896
Activity : 1983
Likes received : 67
Join date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 9:52

Police will reveal "new evidence" about the search for missing schoolgirl April Jones at a news conference to be held at 10am.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Liz Eagles on 03.10.12 10:00

@ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.

Kate McCann is as hard as nails. How she could just sit there and say nothing when being questioned about her OWN daughter's disappearance takes some doing.

You highlighted the kodak moment as I like to call it ShuBob. It certainly stopped me in my tracks.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Posts : 10390
Activity : 12776
Likes received : 2195
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Da Troof on 03.10.12 10:02

aquila wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.

Kate McCann is as hard as nails. How she could just sit there and say nothing when being questioned about her OWN daughter's disappearance takes some doing.

You highlighted the kodak moment as I like to call it ShuBob. It certainly stopped me in my tracks.

For me the flashbulb moment is the bit I've highlighted in red
avatar
Da Troof

Posts : 80
Activity : 88
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Liz Eagles on 03.10.12 10:11

@Da Troof wrote:
aquila wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.

Kate McCann is as hard as nails. How she could just sit there and say nothing when being questioned about her OWN daughter's disappearance takes some doing.

You highlighted the kodak moment as I like to call it ShuBob. It certainly stopped me in my tracks.

For me the flashbulb moment is the bit I've highlighted in red

Another one that got me too. I don't think specific people or specific cases are being used just knowledge and experience of how these things can go. Nothing unique about a lie or the subsequent cover up of a lie that hasn't been seen before.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Posts : 10390
Activity : 12776
Likes received : 2195
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by aiyoyo on 03.10.12 10:19

@Da Troof wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@Da Troof wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.




Their comment is not on contention, rather it's their case selective attitude that irks me.
So you don't have a problem with them that, ha.....only asking? Why this particular case?
If I am not wrong they did not comment on Tia Sharp's case.
They didn't even bother to express condolences after they removed Tia-sharp related comment on their website.

They are a despicable pair through and through, beyond redemption it seems at the rate they carry on.
They make my skin crawls, say-ville style.


Agreed, the comment in this case is fine, but they are not! One thing that does annoy me in this case is that they may have chosen to comment because the age and look of April is similar to MMcC and initially it appeared to be a stranger abduction. While they have been silent on other cases that bore fewer similarities to their hoax.

The thing is as ambassador of Missing Person Organisation choosing to comment on a case only b/c a missing child is close to age and look to Madeleine is very self serving. When you represent such an organisation it stops being about you.
How did she know it was going to stay a stranger abduction at that early stage anyway?

Also statistics have proven time and again stranger abduction is rare; and an abducted child being alive is even rarer.
So when are they going to stop bleating about it and when are they going to stop jumping onto the bandwagon of their choice?

If kate cant see that case selective comment to suit their agenda looks bad for her then ..... no wonder they retain Pinky!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Activity : 10084
Likes received : 326
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by david_uk on 03.10.12 10:21

Vicky Fenner, 25, a mother-of-two, told the Daily Mirror: “It was wet and cold and the other girl told April not to get into it. But April said: ‘It's all right, I know them’.”

Officers believe it is most likely that April will be found close to where she went missing, and are continuing to concentrate their searches in and around Machynlleth.



And this is an odd quote!.. last seen alive,does this not imply that they already know she is dead?.

"April was last seen alive by a friend, getting into a vehicle described as a light-coloured van as the two girls played on their bikes less than 100 yards from April’s home."

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion
david_uk
david_uk

Posts : 320
Activity : 342
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-01-20

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Lack of supervision

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.10.12 10:26

@david_uk wrote:Vicky Fenner, 25, a mother-of-two, told the Daily Mirror: “It was wet and cold and the other girl told April not to get into it. But April said: ‘It's all right, I know them’.”
Abduction by a complete stranger comprehensively ruled out, then. So no comparison whatsoever with the McCanns' account of Madeleine's disappearance.

BUT...

gone 7pm

dark

cold

wet

not in parents' view

no adult supervising

5 years old

girl

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 16092
Activity : 23722
Likes received : 3577
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 73
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Why do they DO this??

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 03.10.12 10:39

Look, another McCann similarity - another inappropriate pose. This photograph is taken from Facebook today

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Screen11
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 413
Activity : 422
Likes received : 5
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 10:43

Very short news conference, but confirmed that
Mark Bridger was known to the police
They were actively looking for him, (Round up the usual suspects - ?)
A second Landrover involved, recovered from a garage.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 11910
Activity : 14709
Likes received : 1871
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:44

It is thought to be rather special that police release photo of the suspect. I understand they're trying to trigger people's memories of having seen him anytime Monday and/or Tuesday.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:45

Quick precis of news conference.

Police confirm the man arrested is Mark Bridges

Being interviewed as we speak

Picture of Mark Bridger and blue landrover discovery shown L reg

Piecing together his movements

from Mond afternoon to Tues

Land Rover was recovered from a Repair garage

Shows Image of Mark Bridger and asks people if they saw him between Mon and Tues afternoon.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by tigger on 03.10.12 10:49

As per prediction of PeterMac: area has been turned into a 'no fly' zone, Sky news tells us mournfully....

I am afraid she is no longer alive if she were, he would have told the police. Now he's hoping she'll never be found - no doubt his solicitor has advised him to shut up.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8116
Activity : 8532
Likes received : 82
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:51

@tigger wrote:As per prediction of PeterMac: area has been turned into a 'no fly' zone, Sky news tells us mournfully....

Yes, the presenter just said "it is now a 'No fly zone', which suggests that what they are looking at must be fairly sensitive and don't want prying eyes."
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by jozi on 03.10.12 10:53

@david_uk wrote:Vicky Fenner, 25, a mother-of-two, told the Daily Mirror: “It was wet and cold and the other girl told April not to get into it. But April said: ‘It's all right, I know them’.”

Officers believe it is most likely that April will be found close to where she went missing, and are continuing to concentrate their searches in and around Machynlleth.



And this is an odd quote!.. last seen alive,does this not imply that they already know she is dead?.

"April was last seen alive by a friend, getting into a vehicle described as a light-coloured van as the two girls played on their bikes less than 100 yards from April’s home."

" Its alright, I know them ".???

Does this mean there was more than the guy already in custody !!!
jozi
jozi

Posts : 710
Activity : 733
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales - Page 5 Empty Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 10:56

candyfloss wrote:
@tigger wrote:As per prediction of PeterMac: area has been turned into a 'no fly' zone, Sky news tells us mournfully....
Yes, the presenter just said "it is now a 'No fly zone', which suggests that what they are looking at must be fairly sensitive and don't want prying eyes."
Which is also why they have told the public to stay away.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 11910
Activity : 14709
Likes received : 1871
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum