The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by dragonfly on 16.10.12 0:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm not sure the intention was to pass the information off as "new" news. The story had certainly appeared on this thread before. It was more to reinforce the point that there's been a lot of conflicting reports surrounding the time of April's disappearance.

The highlighted text from dragonfly would imply that the poster is referring to Bridger having attended the same parents evening as April's parents, not the time that she was reported as going misisng.

No, Shubob is correct thumbsup

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.10.12 2:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Having a ribbon tattoo is daft. Why don't they have her name or picture tattooed instead?

They don't even look like the type to have tattoos!

Why have tattoos at all (pink ribbon or cuddle cat design or what not), what is the whole point of the public statement - to prove what? To stir up public sympathy or empathy? I don't get it!

It's as if saying people who do not have tattoos are heartless and have any emotions for their loved ones who had passed over?
Graffiti on your body is a daft way to show affection for a live or dead person, full stop.

They already had tattoos on them, pink ribbon is addition.
Who is to say who's type and who's not the type?
Does David Beckham look the type? I find his tattaoo revolting.
Anyway I don't see the point of having something crafted onto your body whether it is to make a statement or for fashion.

What if comes a day a loony decides to have a crown of thorns tattooed onto the forehead? That must be the limit I suppose.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 16.10.12 6:10

Herding instinct? :/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.10.12 7:11

What is so strange about this case is Police are now searching outside the village surrounding areas.
Even at this stage the search is expanding and search scaling up not down.
They really haven't a clue whether they are looking for a live or dead child, but meanwhile someone is charged for the murder, and the church service is done.

Bizzare beyond words.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.10.12 7:51

For some reason ... I got the mental picture of the bride in her white gown and veil showing that she was a virgin winkwink
"The White of the Bride is for Purity,
Which explains why the Bridegroom wears Black."

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.10.12 7:55

This one is showing solidarity with every good cause going.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat on 16.10.12 14:12

I have tattoos... Lots of them. They symbolise important people in my life and moments where I have struggled and come through to the other side. I don't believe in God. I believe in myself and my family and friends... I have my sons name tattooed on my body and also the name of my parents and brother. I have a butterfly tattoo which represents a relationship where I suffered domestic abuse. The butterfly is my representation of freedom and making a new life for myself and my son. I don't drink, I don't take drugs. My son is cherished, as are those closest to me. I am currently studying law and I hope to help people who have suffered domestic abuse, once I have qualified, in a professional manner. My tattoos do not take away from what or who I am. Neither do my piercings. Sorry for going off topic :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.10.12 14:39

I'm sure no-one was having a go at you personally SkruffyKat - love the name by the way - how could they, they don't know you. I hope that you do well in your career.

It's just the nonsense of people being encouraged to have tattoos done to show solidarity for April and her family.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat on 16.10.12 14:54

Jean wrote:I'm sure no-one was having a go at you personally SkruffyKat - love the name by the way - how could they, they don't know you. I hope that you do well in your career.

It's just the nonsense of people being encouraged to have tattoos done to show solidarity for April and her family.

Oh I didn't feel personally attacked :) I didn't mean to come across that way. Just felt that I should say about mine, as they aren't necessarily a bad thing or attention seeking thing. A lot of people don't know that I have my tattoos, as they are just for me. All of them can be hidden and I prefer it that way. I am in two minds over the parents of April getting tattoos, as while I understand the reasons for having memorial ink work done, I don't understand the media attention that it has received. Tattoos are a personal thing. I wouldn't get a tattoo done for a child I don't know :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 18.10.12 11:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What is so strange about this case is Police are now searching outside the village surrounding areas.
Even at this stage the search is expanding and search scaling up not down.
They really haven't a clue whether they are looking for a live or dead child, but meanwhile someone is charged for the murder, and the church service is done.

Bizzare beyond words.

Is very strange indeed. They think they know enough that they can charge somebody with murder, yet they are clueless to were the body maybe.
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.10.12 17:04

This is an article in today's DM regarding tattoos to raise money for the search for April.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The DM state that 21,000 pounds has already been raised and the fund is a charity.

I thought the McCanns found difficulty in establishing a charity as it had to be for more than the search for Madeleine, which was why they established a fund. Confusing?
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 18.10.12 17:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is an article in today's DM regarding tattoos to raise money for the search for April.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The DM state that 21,000 pounds has already been raised and the fund is a charity.

I thought the McCanns found difficulty in establishing a charity as it had to be for more than the search for Madeleine, which was why they established a fund. Confusing?

I suspect the answer is sloppy journalism, using the word charity loosely and not in the legal sense of an organisation registered with the Charity Commission.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.10.12 17:38

@pauline wrote:
@aquila wrote:This is an article in today's DM regarding tattoos to raise money for the search for April.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219553/April-Jones-missing-Parents-symbolise-eternal-hope-finding-pink-ribbon-tattoos.html

I suspect the answer is sloppy journalism, using the word charity loosely and not in the legal sense of an organisation registered with the Charity Commission.

Or some of the money may be given by the council to other organisations, we don't really know.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.10.12 17:46

It might be a good idea for MTC (the Council) to state the intentions of the fund/charity now just to clear up its exact purpose.

Just my opinion.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 21.10.12 0:47

This case is getting similar in some respects to the Ben Needham case going on.

Please believe I am not knocking the parents/relatives or suggesting they had anything to do with the missing children. They both however do not seem to want the bodies of the children found and seem to prefer to live in denial to what the police believe has happened.

If indeed the bodies are recovered of these two, I wonder what effect it will have on public opinion of the chances of children being abducted and taken into families for no apparent gain.
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 8:56

@Pershing36 wrote:This case is getting similar in some respects to the Ben Needham case going on.

Please believe I am not knocking the parents/relatives or suggesting they had anything to do with the missing children. They both however do not seem to want the bodies of the children found and seem to prefer to live in denial to what the police believe has happened.

If indeed the bodies are recovered of these two, I wonder what effect it will have on public opinion of the chances of children being abducted and taken into families for no apparent gain.

I've been thinking the same thing. But I think it's part of the human condition. I think perhaps hope is the only thing left. Because how can you give up on your child or even a remote possibility?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.12 14:22

http://news.sky.com/story/1001388/april-jones-clock-tower-lit-three-weeks-on

This certainly seems to be an unusual case in that attempts to find April are planned to continue till at least the end of the year. With the best will in the world, how many police forces would have the resources to do this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.12 10:15

April Jones search intensity continues around Machynlleth

[snipped]

"We've got 17 police search teams here this morning [Thursday] - the intensity of the search continues.

"Actually, we've got more search officers now than when the search started."

He said areas were searched "systematically and methodically" to ensure a "high level of confidence in the search in that area".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20078474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.12 10:18

[quote]

"Actually, we've got more search officers now than when the search started."

Surely, that is all wrong, surely, there should have been more search officers at the start, when there was a chance of maybe finding her alive somewhere??

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 25.10.12 12:19

if only more cadaver dogs were used it would surely find april more quickly tan costently looking all over an area? Ofcourse thats if she is in said area,the dogs would be able to elimenate larger areas in one swoop i think,What do others think? joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 25.10.12 12:31

The whole search appears to be following a scattergun approach. Makes me question the evidence against Bridger and wonder if he was charged too early [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.10.12 13:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:if only more cadaver dogs were used it would surely find april more quickly tan costently looking all over an area? Ofcourse thats if she is in said area,the dogs would be able to elimenate larger areas in one swoop i think,What do others think? joyce1938

Hi Joyce1938, they have had dogs searching, even some dogs on a boat that can find a body under water and nothing was found, well April wasn't found. Yes the dogs would find her if she was where they were searching, so they mustn't have been to that place yet.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.10.12 23:30

This bit got me from the BBC

"Everybody is really dedicated and motivated in finding April and while we still have intelligence leads to search, we will continue,"

Watching Sky earlier they said they are still receiving intelligence which they search from. As just an observer I can see they have searched the river, his house and 23 miles open land which they are going over again. If the 'intelligence' has led the search so far, how reliable is it. Obviously I know nothing about the statements they have received.

Like I say I know nothing, but I have asked myself this, If 'intelligence' has made them sure the man murdered that child, why isn't 'intelligence' leading them to the body? From what it seems it was good enough to remand somebody.

I really don't think they will find a body now. Although it will be a major blow for the police in getting a conviction, I think they will. This will simply be another mystery/missing person.
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 26.10.12 6:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The whole search appears to be following a scattergun approach. Makes me question the evidence against Bridger and wonder if he was charged too early [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If she is returned alive, just imagine the repercussions for the Police.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 26.10.12 10:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The whole search appears to be following a scattergun approach. Makes me question the evidence against Bridger and wonder if he was charged too early [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If she is returned alive, just imagine the repercussions for the Police.

Or if her body is found and there's evidence she was alive at the time of Bridger's arrest. I believe that would be far worse for the police.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum