The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 22:14

UPDATE from ITV news............

10:08pm, Tue 2 Oct 2012Family plea for April's return

Police search houses 'where suspect lived'

Last updated Tue 2 Oct 2012

Police are searching houses where suspect, named locally as Mark Bridger, has lived in the past few years

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-10-02/police-are-search-houses-where-suspect-lived/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 22:16

@Miraflores wrote:Isn't it usually the case though? We teach our children to be wary of strangers yet most of the time, the danger comes from someone they know.

Think of all the child abuse scandals in the catholic church for a start.
My parents never taught us to be wary of strangers. They just taught us to come home and ask permission when someone wanted us to come along. We were not traumatised by "stranger danger", just had to tell them that we would go with someone - we or they might know - and ask permission.

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 02.10.12 22:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.

Well for starters the McCanns aren't the only people in the world who have a missing child. The McCanns could have sent a private message of comfort if they felt the urge. The column centimetres and news today are all about April. The child that everyone is looking for. The focus is APRIL...and yet here we go again, the McCanns get their name in there somewhere. I find it repulsive that they got their names in today's news. Perhaps it wasn't the McCanns perhaps it was there 'spokesperson' I don't care it is tasteless and foul imo.

I bet April's family aren't doing a timeline on the page of a colouring book. I bet April's family aren't ringing the media and setting up a fund.

I agree with your last sentence, and yes they could have just sent a private message, but I bet they have been asked for a comment by the British Press/Media. What they have said about April is fine.............................................what they did to their own daughter was/is disgusting. IMO

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 02.10.12 22:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.

Well for starters the McCanns aren't the only people in the world who have a missing child. The McCanns could have sent a private message of comfort if they felt the urge. The column centimetres and news today are all about April. The child that everyone is looking for. The focus is APRIL...and yet here we go again, the McCanns get their name in there somewhere. I find it repulsive that they got their names in today's news. Perhaps it wasn't the McCanns perhaps it was there 'spokesperson' I don't care it is tasteless and foul imo.

I bet April's family aren't doing a timeline on the page of a colouring book. I bet April's family aren't ringing the media and setting up a fund.

I agree Aquila

Aprils' family are too devasted to do an appeal, the godmother is genuinely upset. These people need support, the police seem to be doing everything that they can but I don't see the Prime Minister visiting wales, a spokesman being appointed or a £3.5M investigation being set up. The McCanns have used this situation to their own advantage with no thought about wellbeing of this little girl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 22:41

@sharonl wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Da Troof wrote:I hate to be an apologist for the McC's , but I really don't think they could or should have kept silent over the April abduction. Their comment seems measured and understated (unless I have missed something). I don't have a problem with this.

I agree Aquila

Aprils' family are too devasted to do an appeal, the godmother is genuinely upset. These people need support, the police seem to be doing everything that they can but I don't see the Prime Minister visiting wales, a spokesman being appointed or a £3.5M investigation being set up. The McCanns have used this situation to their own advantage with no thought about wellbeing of this little girl

It wouldn't have been so bad if Kate made a statement in her capacity as Ambassador for missing people rather than one of the people who carried out a faked abduction and made millions of pounds out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 22:49

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.10.12 22:55

I'm not surprised that you don't have a problem with it. However, the articles, both of them, are more about promoting, once again, the McCann's own forced theory that Madeleine was snatched, about the McCann's loss, than anything to do with April, a real tragedy.
The fact that this McCann article shrouds itself in a thoughtful offer of prayers, is disingenuous, once again, a moment to promote the McCann machine and at a time when possibly, although I hope to god not, a real abduction has taken place.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.10.12 22:57

I agree Aquila

It wouldn't have been so bad if Kate made a statement in her capacity as Ambassador for missing people rather than one of the people who carried out a faked abduction and made millions of pounds out of it.

Perhaps Kate is too busy working really hard...what with all those bloody press launches, bewk writing, bewk editing, bewk second editions, all the charity work, running around the UK for charity, the quarterly 'Queen's Speech' on the very expensive website, the constant agendas to become an ambassador for missing children people, then there's looking after the twins. I'm thrilled she and Gerry took the time out to send a banal message to April's family. There is no end to the thoughtfulness.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 23:07

I must admit that it's pretty poor to have their spokesman speak for them again.
But that's how it is. That's IMO how they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 02.10.12 23:08

Why on Earth was the godmother asking people to check their garden sheds and out houses this morning when they already knew she had been abducted? She made out she had just wandered off, so strange.
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.10.12 23:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why on Earth was the godmother asking people to check their garden sheds and out houses this morning when they already knew she had been abducted? She made out she had just wandered off, so strange.

desparate, clutching at straws, maybe thinking that if the little girl had got out of the van had tried to get back and was hiding, maybe she thinks the abductor might have hidden her for fear of being caught. just panicking by the sounds of it and trying everything.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.10.12 23:22

Mair (the Godmother) is distraught. I have cried with her tonight. If ever there was someone to believe it is that woman. She is bereft.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 02.10.12 23:25

To be honest I don't give a crap about what TM have said. I know Machynlleth so well as it's part of my regional patch with work and I can't believe this has happened here, i've seen a colleague on the BBC website talking about it and it is heartbreaking.

I have this awful feeling within me and I can only hope that this ends well and this poor little girl is found without being damaged too badly by this monstrous experience.

Knowing the area well, I have thought repeatedly that the person who had taken her was a local as it's not the sort of place that strangers would visit on a cold weeknight in October, they would certainly be noticed for a start on that estate. You would be lucky to find the place with a satnav. All the talk on various comment sections of the press have said "why was she out at this time on her own yadda yadda yadda" and I have to agree I wouldn't allow my children to do this, but I am not surprised in this community. It is very close knit and with several main families who are the main population. The effect of this on the community doesn't bear thinking about. I can only hope that she is not outdoors lying, incapacitated, exposed, when they have in custody the alleged prepetrator. It is a very inhospitable landscape and over the late summer the temp on Cadair Idris, and the Tarrens the mountainous area of this part of southern Snowdonia was -2.

Please let them find this little girl and let her be ok. I couldn't bear this to be another repetition of the recent horror stories we have seen. God bless her parents, I can't begin to imagine what this must be like for them.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 02.10.12 23:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Mair (the Godmother) is distraught. I have cried with her tonight. If ever there was someone to believe it is that woman. She is bereft.

Absolutely, there is no doubt that this child is genuinely missing and that the family are genuinely distraught.

Abduction is highly suspected but not yet confirmed. The godmother asking people to check their gardens is perfectly normal even if these place have been checked already, it shows sheer panic, not thinking straight, clutching at straws and hoping to find her. How many of us, in a moment of panic of having lost something of lesser value, a purse maybe, have gone back to double check places already ruled out?

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 02.10.12 23:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Mair (the Godmother) is distraught. I have cried with her tonight. If ever there was someone to believe it is that woman. She is bereft.

Absolutely, there is no doubt that this child is genuinely missing and that the family are genuinely distraught.

Abduction is highly suspected but not yet confirmed. The godmother asking people to check their gardens is perfectly normal even if these place have been checked already, it shows sheer panic, not thinking straight, clutching at straws and hoping to find her. How many of us, in a moment of panic of having lost something of lesser value, a purse maybe, have gone back to double check places already ruled out?

Completely agree, they may have thought April would be released and wouldrun to a place of safety, understandable. I am on pins about this and want her to be found so badly. What a world we live in.
EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.10.12 5:47

Their comment is not on contention, rather it's their case selective attitude that irks me.
So you don't have a problem with them that, ha.....only asking? Why this particular case?
If I am not wrong they did not comment on Tia Sharp's case.
They didn't even bother to express condolences after they removed Tia-sharp related comment on their website.

They are a despicable pair through and through, beyond redemption it seems at the rate they carry on.
They make my skin crawls, say-ville style.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 8:28

Still no sign of the girl.
A few things
The man was arrested abut 3pm yesterday, so the 24 hours runs out soon.
Public being asked to stay away and to leave it to the professionals, Police and Mountain rescue
Searching the river but it is in flood, so anything thrown in would get washed away.

Not good.
Also some discussion in the broadsheets about the decision to issue the first ever Missing Child Alert. It was clearly inappropriate, (but the pressure to be seen to do everything was probably too great for the co-ordinator to resist.)

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee on 03.10.12 8:38

I agree PM, it's not sounding positive. The fact the dogs have been in all night, the volunteers are asked not to search anymore suggests they anticipate making a discovery soon. I hope I am wrong.
uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 03.10.12 8:47

Their comment is not on contention, rather it's their case selective attitude that irks me.
So you don't have a problem with them that, ha.....only asking? Why this particular case?
If I am not wrong they did not comment on Tia Sharp's case.
They didn't even bother to express condolences after they removed Tia-sharp related comment on their website.

They are a despicable pair through and through, beyond redemption it seems at the rate they carry on.
They make my skin crawls, say-ville style.

Agreed, the comment in this case is fine, but they are not! One thing that does annoy me in this case is that they may have chosen to comment because the age and look of April is similar to MMcC and initially it appeared to be a stranger abduction. While they have been silent on other cases that bore fewer similarities to their hoax.

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 8:52

Agreed, the comment in this case is fine, but they are not! One thing that does annoy me in this case is that they may have chosen to comment because the age and look of April is similar to MMcC and initially it appeared to be a stranger abduction. While they have been silent on other cases that bore fewer similarities to their hoax.
I second that.
One can almost sense their "relief".
"At last there is a proper abduction by a stranger. Now people will start to believe us. No no one will be able to say it doesn't happen. Hooray. Get onto Mitchell and get him to say something."
Pity for them it may turn out to be a friend of the family !

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.10.12 9:04

Mike Haines (not sure if that's how his surname is spelt) ex head of SY's paedophile unit has just been interviewed on Sky News. What an enlightening interview he gave about interviewing/mindset of a suspect. Definitely worth a watch.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 03.10.12 9:15

I agree with what you say PeterMac. How disappointing it must have been for them to hear there is a possibility April has been harmed by someone she knows and not a stranger. Of course, in the McCanns world, being abducted does not mean a child is harmed.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.10.12 9:41

One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 9:46

In their sheer desperation to make people believe their version of events that Maddie was abducted by a baddie, the McCanns have failed to realise that every single case they've attached themselves to has ended with the perpertrator almost always known to the victims.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 9:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:One of those 'kodak' moments.

I'm pausing Sky News to try and transcribe in some sort of fashion comments between the reporter (whose name I can't bring to mind) and a Graham Wetton (don't know who he is either and have had a stab at spelling his name correctly) but there was a comment from him that set off a flashbulb when asked

Sky News reporter to GW 'how do those interviews go?'

GW 'It can be very difficult. People don't ordinarily tell you what you want to know. You have to ask them questions and as we've seen before in other cases they can make 'no comment' interviews. They can actually just sit there and say nothing.It takes a very hard person to sit there in a case like this and actually say nothing at all but they can just sit there and say nothing. Very difficult for the interviewing officers.

Kate McCann is as hard as nails. How she could just sit there and say nothing when being questioned about her OWN daughter's disappearance takes some doing.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum