The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The Tapas Children

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by sharonl on 11.02.14 19:28

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@sharonl wrote:The writing on some of these pictures is very good for a pre-school child

Why are only Madeleines pictures on display? There are three children in the house and kids of all ages like to draw.

Kate probably put those pictures on the wall for the camera.  I'm failing to see what's suspicious about these pictures, I must admit :)

I agree, those pictures were put there for the camera.  They don't strike me as the work of a 3 year old, neither have they been up on the kitchen wall since 2007.  Paper tends to lose its colour, it tears, goes soft, colours fade especially in a kitchen where all the cooking and washing is done.  These pics look as if they were made fairly recently and by a slightly older child.

The twins were just a year younger, where are their pictures? Don't they deserve a place on the kitchen wall too?
This is just not normal, no-one favours the work of just one child especially at their young ages.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 4352
Reputation : 774
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.02.14 19:43

Paper tends to lose its colour, it tears, goes soft, colours fade especially in a kitchen where all the cooking and washing is done.
___________________________________________________

Ah yes, but you are forgetting that Rothley Mansion doubles for Cinderella Castle!

A magical place where everything is always, always perfect.

A magical place full of myths.


jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Reputation : 1663
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by kimHager on 11.02.14 20:05

poor maddy was cinderella. I dobt see these parents as having a lick of sense much less parental instinct or concern. As has been said on the forum by others if i had IVF and wanted children every milestone saved every photo and drawing I know its not possible to save everthing but come on...more than this surely

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Nina on 11.02.14 23:05

@jeanmonroe wrote:Paper tends to lose its colour, it tears, goes soft, colours fade especially in a kitchen where all the cooking and washing is done.
___________________________________________________

Ah yes, but you are forgetting that Rothley Mansion doubles for Cinderella Castle!

A magical place where everything is always, always perfect.

A magical place full of myths.

So were these pictures, and actually very few pictures, removed every time the surface behind them was cleaned. That kitchen just looks like a show house kitchen, with a fabulous stove that looked straight from the showroom. Far too just right for me to be real.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by tigger on 12.02.14 6:17

@Nina wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Paper tends to lose its colour, it tears, goes soft, colours fade especially in a kitchen where all the cooking and washing is done.
___________________________________________________

Ah yes, but you are forgetting that Rothley Mansion doubles for Cinderella Castle!

A magical place where everything is always, always perfect.

A magical place full of myths.

So were these pictures, and actually very few pictures, removed every time the surface behind them was cleaned. That kitchen just looks like a show house kitchen, with a fabulous stove that looked straight from the showroom. Far too just right for me to be real.

Always good to go over old ground again. When Katesays ' look, 2007...'  WHY. Is 2007 written on it?  No way did Maddie write that and why should Kate? That year, that picture should be seared into her memory. Imo it's an aide memoire, like the pool photo and possibly the other drawings didn't have enough information on them.
What about all that artwork from the creche? Never existed, one of the many indications that she was never there.
I now think those are fakes, especially the wardrobe one.
The star system for keeping her in bed is plain crazy. It's not a physical reward for Not doing something.
I might as well award my cat a star for every time he doesn't wake  me up at 4 am.
Control  - not working out what's wrong. Poor child.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by sami on 12.02.14 7:22

I dated my children's art work or made a note of the occasion but always on the back of the page, if it was one to keep.  They would go nuts if I wrote across the front of it in big letters like that.

I find it co-incidental that the picture we are shown is again a key point in their story that needs to be proven.  

Look we were in Donegal at Easter 2007.   Madeleine drew it.  It's like subliminal advertising.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by aquila on 12.02.14 7:29

@sami wrote:I dated my children's art work or made a note of the occasion but always on the back of the page, if it was one to keep.  They would go nuts if I wrote across the front of it in big letters like that.

I find it co-incidental that the picture we are shown is again a key point in their story that needs to be proven.  

Look we were in Donegal at Easter 2007.   Madeleine drew it.  It's like subliminal advertising.
 thumbup
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8702
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by tigger on 12.02.14 8:09

@aquila wrote:
@sami wrote:I dated my children's art work or made a note of the occasion but always on the back of the page, if it was one to keep.  They would go nuts if I wrote across the front of it in big letters like that.

I find it co-incidental that the picture we are shown is again a key point in their story that needs to be proven.  

Look we were in Donegal at Easter 2007.   Madeleine drew it.  It's like subliminal advertising.
 thumbup

Touchy subject Donegal.... Thanks Sami,  roses 

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by ultimaThule on 12.02.14 8:32

Does the bewk fondly recall the McCanns' last truly happy holiday in Donegal - the one where they all set off and returned together?   I have to ask as I've got no intention of buying it and can't be arsed to trawl round charity shops looking for a cast off - of which I'm sure there's no shortage.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Guest on 12.02.14 9:20

Of course the usual way of dating a child's artwork is by adding their age at the time of creation - so I'd put on something like "Clayette, 3 yrs 6 mths" or whatever. Adding the actual date seems a bit formal. Maybe it's a doctor thing?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Fiona09 on 12.02.14 10:00

@ultimaThule wrote:Does the bewk fondly recall the McCanns' last truly happy holiday in Donegal - the one where they all set off and returned together?   I have to ask as I've got no intention of buying it and can't be arsed to trawl round charity shops looking for a cast off - of which I'm sure there's no shortage.


I had no intention of buying it either but I really wanted to check out the book - I found a copy at my local library  smilie 

I don't remember any mention of the Donegal holiday in the book.

Fiona09

Posts : 20
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by ultimaThule on 12.02.14 10:48

I wonder why I'm not surprised, Fiona  big grin

Fwiw, when dating artwork, I either put the month and year or the season - i.e. winter, spring etc - and the year and can't imagine putting the actual date of creation unless specifically requested to do so. 

Perhaps volume 2 of the bewk will include a fond remembrance of Maddie playing with her mother's engagement ring (oops, sorry done that one) substitute earrings and saying 'I've had the best day ever' (oops, sorry done that one too) substitute 'Can I have another of those Mr Whuppys* tomorrow and please don't forget to put today's date on my drawing, will you Mummy?' before Gerry has a proud moment gazing at Madeleine as she sleeps (oops, sorry, done that one as well) substitute 'his reflection in the mirror'.   

*As pronounced by Uncle John.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Guest on 12.02.14 11:36

The question about whether Donegal is mentioned in the book has cropped up before. You'd think that it would be but it's only mentioned briefly in a list of places that the family had been to before.

I am not convinced that they were ever there; a dated painting that anyone could have done anywhere and at any time certainly isn't proof.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by kimHager on 12.02.14 14:49

yea the star system..what parent says good job honey..u peed the bed, stayed uncomfy all night possible rash from that or had nightmare screamed for us..but good girl you didnt wake us climbing in our bed you get a star! :-) omg how horrible like i said..not a lick of sense

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Fiona09 on 12.02.14 15:34

@ultimaThule wrote: Perhaps volume 2 of the bewk will include a fond remembrance of Maddie playing with her mother's engagement ring (oops, sorry done that one) substitute earrings and saying 'I've had the best day ever' (oops, sorry done that one too) substitute 'Can I have another of those Mr Whuppys* tomorrow and please don't forget to put today's date on my drawing, will you Mummy?' before Gerry has a proud moment gazing at Madeleine as she sleeps (oops, sorry, done that one as well) substitute 'his reflection in the mirror'.   

*As pronounced by Uncle John.

 big grin 

I was hard pushed to find ANY fond remembrance of Maddie in the book.  The book definitely had the wrong title.. rather than "Madeleine" it should've been called "The Life and Loves of Kate & Gerry (oh, and the lovely little girl who is still missing)".  Very sad.

Fiona09

Posts : 20
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by HelenMeg on 12.02.14 17:48

It should' ve been called: Kate: Everything I say is for a reason

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by ultimaThule on 12.02.14 23:47

@Fiona09 wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote: Perhaps volume 2 of the bewk will include a fond remembrance of Maddie playing with her mother's engagement ring (oops, sorry done that one) substitute earrings and saying 'I've had the best day ever' (oops, sorry done that one too) substitute 'Can I have another of those Mr Whuppys* tomorrow and please don't forget to put today's date on my drawing, will you Mummy?' before Gerry has a proud moment gazing at Madeleine as she sleeps (oops, sorry, done that one as well) substitute 'his reflection in the mirror'.   

*As pronounced by Uncle John.

 big grin 

I was hard pushed to find ANY fond remembrance of Maddie in the book.  The book definitely had the wrong title.. rather than "Madeleine" it should've been called "The Life and Loves of Kate & Gerry (oh, and the lovely little girl who is still missing)".  Very sad.
'The Life and Loves of Kate & Gerry':

Chapter 1  When I first saw my reflection true love in a mirror I was smitten and thus began a love affair that has stood the test of time.  Luckily, Gerry felt the same.

Chapter 2  A shared sense of humour is essential to a happy marriage.  Gerry and I have endured hard times, most notably when his wallet was liberated from his back pocket some 7 years ago, but we have managed to keep on laughing all the way to the bank.

Chapter 3  I'll always remember our glorious holiday to Donegal in early April 2007.  Gerry was in his element bigging himself up to relatives and friends he hadn't seen in yonks, while Margaret Madeleine and I swam through 6' waves in the tropical waters of the Atlantic Ocean.  When we got back to our rented cottage we found that Sean and Amalie had thoughtfully prepared an Irish stew which Gerry and I thoroughly enjoyed eating in the back shebeen garden after we'd rewarded the twins with milk and biscuits and sent them to bed at 7pm.

Chapter 4  Our holiday to Portugal later that month got off to a grand start but unfortunately things didn't go to plan and we had to cut it short in September. On returning to Rothley Towers I was filled with foreboding but, happily, Auntie Janet had put the heating on and arranged for an online shopping order to be delivered an hour after our arrival.

Chapter 5  The charity Missing People has been fortunate to secure my services as their Ambassador.  I always give generously of my time whenever there's a high profile event attended by celebs, but my experience in this field leads me to believe that it is preferable for some unloved ones to stay missing

Continue in same vein for 30 chapters.  Collect £5,000,000 for the maintain our lifestyle fund.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by Newintown on 13.02.14 1:39

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Fiona09 wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote: Perhaps volume 2 of the bewk will include a fond remembrance of Maddie playing with her mother's engagement ring (oops, sorry done that one) substitute earrings and saying 'I've had the best day ever' (oops, sorry done that one too) substitute 'Can I have another of those Mr Whuppys* tomorrow and please don't forget to put today's date on my drawing, will you Mummy?' before Gerry has a proud moment gazing at Madeleine as she sleeps (oops, sorry, done that one as well) substitute 'his reflection in the mirror'.   

*As pronounced by Uncle John.

 big grin 

I was hard pushed to find ANY fond remembrance of Maddie in the book.  The book definitely had the wrong title.. rather than "Madeleine" it should've been called "The Life and Loves of Kate & Gerry (oh, and the lovely little girl who is still missing)".  Very sad.
'The Life and Loves of Kate & Gerry':

Chapter 1  When I first saw my reflection true love in a mirror I was smitten and thus began a love affair that has stood the test of time.  Luckily, Gerry felt the same.

Chapter 2  A shared sense of humour is essential to a happy marriage.  Gerry and I have endured hard times, most notably when his wallet was liberated from his back pocket some 7 years ago, but we have managed to keep on laughing all the way to the bank.

Chapter 3  I'll always remember our glorious holiday to Donegal in early April 2007.  Gerry was in his element bigging himself up to relatives and friends he hadn't seen in yonks, while Margaret Madeleine and I swam through 6' waves in the tropical waters of the Atlantic Ocean.  When we got back to our rented cottage we found that Sean and Amalie had thoughtfully prepared an Irish stew which Gerry and I thoroughly enjoyed eating in the back shebeen garden after we'd rewarded the twins with milk and biscuits and sent them to bed at 7pm.

Chapter 4  Our holiday to Portugal later that month got off to a grand start but unfortunately things didn't go to plan and we had to cut it short in September. On returning to Rothley Towers I was filled with foreboding but, happily, Auntie Janet had put the heating on and arranged for an online shopping order to be delivered an hour after our arrival.

Chapter 5  The charity Missing People has been fortunate to secure my services as their Ambassador.  I always give generously of my time whenever there's a high profile event attended by celebs, but my experience in this field leads me to believe that it is preferable for some unloved ones to stay missing

Continue in same vein for 30 chapters.  Collect £5,000,000 for the maintain our lifestyle fund.

uT, I do look forward to reading your posts, although you're quite wicked at times.   big grin 

But how does that old saying go now, oh yes  ......

"Many a true word is spoken in jest".

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

avatar
Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by ultimaThule on 13.02.14 16:22

Wicked, moi?  nah  It's simply that jesting about them relieves the horror of contemplating the darkness of the McCanns' souls quicker than a stiff drink  yes
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tapas Children

Post by lj on 19.02.14 14:42

@kimHager wrote:poor maddy was cinderella. I dobt see these parents as having a lick of sense much less parental instinct or concern. As has been said on the forum by others if i had IVF and wanted children every milestone saved every photo and drawing I know its not possible to save everthing but come on...more than this surely

Kate never gave up her work out sessions until she was really pregnant after IVF. It would have been one of the first advices a OB_GYN would give, especially with a person who is showing some symptoms of anorexia. She wanted kids all right, but it should not interfere with her own pleasures.

All my opinion of course.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3322
Reputation : 196
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum