The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Mm11

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Mm11

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Regist10

Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Empty Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity

Post by ShuBob 10.09.12 18:24

Apparently, this new role is Houghton-Brown's "dream job".

Depaul UK appoints Missing People chief executive as its CEO

7 Sep 2012

Youth homelessness charity Depaul UK has announced the appointment of Missing People chief executive Martin Houghton-Brown as its new leader.

Houghton-Brown is set to join Depaul UK on a part-time basis initially over the autumn and early winter, before becoming full-time chief executive on 1 January 2013.

He is leaving his role at Missing People, where he has been chief executive since 2009, to replace Paul Marriott, who is leaving after an eight-year tenure to take the CEO position at St Cuthbert’s Hospice in Durham.

Read more: http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/governance/news/content/13338/martin_houghton-brown_named_new_depaul_uk_chief_executive

Kate McCann may fancy herself as his replacement.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Empty Re: Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity

Post by Guest 10.09.12 18:27

ShuBob wrote:Apparently, this new role is Houghton-Brown's "dream job".

Depaul UK appoints Missing People chief executive as its CEO

7 Sep 2012

Youth homelessness charity Depaul UK has announced the appointment of Missing People chief executive Martin Houghton-Brown as its new leader.

Houghton-Brown is set to join Depaul UK on a part-time basis initially over the autumn and early winter, before becoming full-time chief executive on 1 January 2013.

He is leaving his role at Missing People, where he has been chief executive since 2009, to replace Paul Marriott, who is leaving after an eight-year tenure to take the CEO position at St Cuthbert’s Hospice in Durham.

Read more: http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/governance/news/content/13338/martin_houghton-brown_named_new_depaul_uk_chief_executive

Kate McCann may fancy herself as his replacement.

Where I come from, people slotted for this kind of top jobs have to be positively vetted by the authorities

In the UK anything goes?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity Empty Re: Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity

Post by pauline 10.09.12 18:38

Interesting.

the CEO only joined Missing people in 2009. And initially he will be part-time with his new charity. Its not clear if he will be part time with Missing People while part-time with the new job. If he's not, he'll suffer a big loss of income and why would he do that?

Cynical me wonders if he was not happy with the Saint Kate appointment? That would have been a board decision and while as CEO he would attend board meetings and one presumes generally his advice would be heeded by the board, what if he advised against the appointment and was ignored?

Or what if he was pushed out to make room for Saint Kate? her ambassador appointment is only I understand for a number of months.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 10.09.12 18:54

Pauline, MH-B was already wining and dining with the McCanns before she became their ambassador. I will not be at all surprised if it was HE who approved or at least, shortlisted her for the role. Having said that, he may be jumping ship now if he believes the move backfired. On another note, he may have known before her appointment he would be leaving to take up this new post.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.09.12 19:02

The thought of Kate being in line for the CEO job has caused me to retire to my darkened room suffering from palpitations.

Okay, I know that nothing has been said to suggest that this could happen but it wouldn't surprise me.

Stop the world, I want to get off!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 10.09.12 19:04

Jean, don't worry Kate is a full-time mum running the campaign from her home office. She wouldn't be able to take up a full-time job in London.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 10.09.12 19:07

Jean wrote:The thought of Kate being in line for the CEO job has caused me to retire to my darkened room suffering from palpitations.

Okay, I know that nothing has been said to suggest that this could happen but it wouldn't surprise me.

Lol. It really wouldn't surprise me sadly missing people - Missing People CEO, Martin Houghton-Brown, Leaves Charity 173510

PS: Mods, is this the right section for this topic? I was going to put it in the "Latest News" section but since it's not directly Maddie related, I put it here instead.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.09.12 19:16

Jean wrote:The thought of Kate being in line for the CEO job has caused me to retire to my darkened room suffering from palpitations.

We haven't heard of her DOING ANYTHING YET for the Missing People charity. What is her remit supposed to be exactly???? Where are all the press releases and newspaper articles of her helping and advising hundreds of people with missing family members. Has she been scouring numerous soup kitchens, under railway arches, travelling the length and breadth of the UK looking for missing people. No? thought not.

Isn't this what she's supposed to be doing (according to the MP website) -

Everyone at Missing People welcomes Kate McCann as a new Ambassador. In her new role, Kate will be working with the charity, other Ambassadors and Family Representatives to:

- Raise awareness and understanding of the 'missing' issue
- Help the charity to safely reconnect more people by promoting 116 000 - the new number for 'missing'
- Help to raise vital funds so that the search for every missing person can continue

Our thanks go to Kate for so generously giving the charity her time and energy.

It would good to know what time and energy she's given since having her photo stuck everywhere for Missing People, that's all she seems to have done so far, had her photo in the press. When are we going to hear when she's actually done some hard work, or are the words "hard work" not in Kate's vocabulary.

I've been doing work for a local charity (not paid) since the beginning of the year and I probably have more to show in what I've actually done than Kate has so far.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 10.09.12 22:09

She cant even find her own daughter. She is not someone you can rely on it seems. She hasn't even been back to Portugal to continue the search for maddy, if she cannot even be bothered to do that for her own daughter, what chance has the charity got of her actually doing anything remotely useful?
sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.09.12 22:25

pauline wrote:Jean, don't worry Kate is a full-time mum running the campaign from her home office. She wouldn't be able to take up a full-time job in London.
That is libellous !!!
Kate has shown she was perfectly able to spend every night away from her children whilst on holiday, so this is easy.
Same country, same "normal" practices - leaving children alone for hours on end - a three year old in in charge of two years olds, [They said it, not me !]
So - no problem.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top