The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Deconstructing Spin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deconstructing Spin

Post by Ross on 09.09.12 22:19

In the Who took the tennis court photo? thread, Jean posted a link to this story on the BBC news site. On reading it soon became clear it is not what it purports to be, namely reportage, but is instead a press release. It is spin, carefully crafted to create certain impressions both perceptible and subliminal. As such, apart from the filling, each word, phrase and paragraph is there for a reason. By deconstructing and decoding the text we can see what it is that is actually being said, and make a reasonable assumption as to why it has been said.
So, below I reproduce the text, with highlights in blue and my comments in red.

New video of Madeleine released


The parents of Madeleine McCann have released the last video clips taken of their daughter before her disappearance in Portugal nearly four weeks ago.

This was a family holiday with a group of friends, all of whom had cameras and phones that could take video, yet for the five days they were there none took any footage of Madeleine, or presumably her siblings. Somewhat banal footage on an airport bus, on a plane's steps yes, but not splashing around in the pool, playing on the slide or doing any of the endearing things a happy child would be doing on holiday. Not one second of that was recorded apparently, nor indeed the half-an-album's worth of still photos that one would expect. This is a glaring anomaly. Video and photographic evidence fixes someone at a specific time and place, without it definitively proving their presence, or their absence, becomes more difficult. Clarity of location is lost. So the first sentence of text issues an unlikely and unsupported 'fact' as a command - there is no video of Madeleine in PdL. Move along, nothing to see here.

Dressed in pink and holding a rucksack, the four-year-old can be seen walking onto a flight at East Midlands Airport.
The mobile phone footage also shows her on an airport bus in the Algarve.

What we see is footage inside an airport bus and footage of two children climbing a plane's steps. What we are told is the location of those two events. What we don't know is whether it is true or not.

Gerry and Kate McCann are likely to begin a series of appeals across Europe…

Likely to begin? As the text was written by someone in 'Team McCann' they would know full well that they are about to begin because it was them that arranged it. This use of words is to create a sense of distance between the author and the McCanns. I'll come back to this later.

…after attending a general audience with the Pope on Wednesday.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, will head for Italy on Tuesday on a private plane provided by retail tycoon Sir Philip Green for a general audience with Pope Benedict XVI the following day.
The Pope will then have a private conversation with the McCanns on the steps of St Peter's.
Monsignor Andrew Faley, of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales, said: "This will give a huge boost to the worldwide campaign for the safe finding of Madeleine."
The McCanns will stay at the residency of the British ambassador to the Holy See, Francis Campbell.

Wow! A celebrity-fest! A billionaire, the Pope, a Monsignor and an ambassador. This is presenting a powerful subliminal message beneath the obvious perceptible one. It is embedding in the reader's subconscious the association between the McCanns and people of unimpeachable respectability. This makes it difficult to consciously think of the McCanns as guilty, because it causes a subconscious conflict known as 'cognitive dissonance'. This will be particularly the case with Catholics, and the spinmeisters have exploited this angle very effectively. How could you even suggest that someone who has 'a private audience with the Pope' (an out and out lie that one of course) be guilty of such a terrible thing? It becomes a matter of faith to believe in their innocence as it has been intentionally entwined with their religious faith. I would suggest that in a straw poll the proportion of Catholics on the 'pro' side would greatly outweigh that of the population at large. It's clever stuff, the implied blessing of the church, and through the ambassador the British government.

'So excited'

The couple travelled to the resort on 28 April with Madeleine, her brother Sean and sister Amelie, and a group of friends.
Five days later Madeleine disappeared.
Mrs McCann is said to have watched the two clips of her daughter regularly since Madeleine was abducted from their holiday apartment on 3 May.

In the very first sentence the word 'disappearance' is used, here it is in the past tense 'disappeared'. Then in the following sentence the word 'abducted' is used. This is direct manipulation, because it associates the two words together in the subconscious. When you read the word 'disappeared' in relation to this case it is now attached to the word 'abducted' at the subconscious level. 'Disappeared' becomes 'abducted'. Politicians and advertisers use this technique all the time.

The other point here is the the use of the phrase "…is said to have watched…". Why not just say 'has watched'? This is the second time the author(s) seeks to create a sense of distance between them and the McCanns. Some unnamed third party has said this, it has not come directly from Healey, this is (objective) reportage, not a piece of Team McCann spin that would not look out of place on the McCann's own site. This distancing was used in the first sentence to tell us what we were reading, a news report, and again here as we are about to arrive at the section where the McCanns are humanised, and our empathy is targetted.

"She was dead excited about going away with the rest of the kids, it was her first time to Portugal," Mrs McCann said.
"We all had to have our own rucksacks - even Sean and Amelie - it was quite funny. And Madeleine was acting like a big girl, she was so excited."


Healey as the doting mother, enjoying the quirky charm of her daughter, and taking pride at how grown up she was. Maybe she did feel those things, although the cold, emotionless responses subsequently raise doubts as to her real emotional attachment to her troublesome daughter, but this is supposed to be a news report not a puff piece in a woman's magazine. This whole quote was most likely scripted and inserted to create the image of a caring mother, a mother who could not possibly have anything to do with harming her beloved daughter. How could you even think such a thing?

As Madeleine was only four, it is hardly surprising that this was "…her first time to Portugal", and presumably she would have been just as excited if she was going to Italy or anywhere else. So why introduce specificity? Why not just say 'she was excited to be going on holiday'? Well it does (nominally) establish that she had not been to Portugal before. Could that be the reason?

But there is something far more sinister in this passage. "…dead excited…". Really? Even if it was verbatim, this is what sub-editors are for. They tidy up quotes, remove unfortunate choices of words, and 'dead' in this context is very unfortunate indeed. I think it's more than that though. This whole piece is crafted, every word in there is in there for a purpose. Remember when we read something we sift the words in our subconscious, they form into logical patterns. Disappeared abducted dead. I think this is the subliminal narrative we are being told here. The reason why this would be done is complex and deep, beyond the scope of this post, but if we 'know' (subconsciously), even if we don't 'know' (consciously) in certain occult practises that is taken as knowing. To know, and remain silent, implies consent. A difficult area certainly, but my view is that at the heart of this sits something that is very hard to accept. When Healey reportedly said "They've taken her!" I think she knew exactly what she was saying.

The short clips were taken by one of the family's friends and show Madeleine boarding the flight to Faro airport and sitting on an airport bus with her brother and sister.

That should read 'purport to show'. Those images in themselves prove nothing.

Madeleine can be seen clutching her Barbie rucksack and holding hands with another girl as she boards the aircraft.

At one point, she loses her footing and slips, grazing her shin
.

This is such a trivial thing to mention, but there it is. It subliminally embeds the fact of Madeleine innocently shedding blood. Later on as we know, there was blood found in the apartment, and although there clearly could be no actual connection between the two things, we have already been prepared to accept the idea of Madeleine bleeding. This method is known as 'predictive programming'.

Mr McCann, whose family are from Glasgow, said his daughter was so looking forward to her holiday to stay upset for long.
"She was really brave. She started crying but stopped almost immediately," he said.
"It was something that usually would have caused 10 minutes of crying rather than 10 seconds."


Although it has been some time since I did so, my experience is that if a four year old falls and hurts themselves, you pick them up, give them a cuddle, tell them 'there there' and after a few more seconds tell them that it doesn't hurt any more and after a few more seconds of endorphin release they will agree with you. The wound then becomes an object of curiosity, and soon after one of pride! A child would only cry from such a tumble for ten minutes if no-one bothered to pick them up and comfort them, and then from neglect rather than pain.
You would think a doctor would know that! I think this passage was inserted not only to reinforce the wound meme, but because it introduces the word 'brave' in association with McCann. The doting mother, the brave father, the idealised archetype is being subliminally evoked.

The release of the footage comes a day after a giant poster designed to publicise the appeal for Madeleine was unveiled on a beach at Praia da Luz.
The inflatable billboard will be set up around the Algarve, Spain and other places in Europe.


The ridiculously implausible inflatable billboard which was driven right across Europe, hung around for a few days before driving back to the UK again. Where soon after one of the drivers died in mysterious circumstances.


Summary.
This is not a news story. It is a piece of crafted prose designed to manipulate the reader, both consciously and subconsciously into believing the official narrative on the McCanns. If you doubt the effectiveness of such subliminal embedding techniques, particularly neuro-linguistic programming, watch a few Derren Brown shows and he will show you how it can be done. These techniques are deployed against us continually for political, commercial and esoteric reasons. The significant thing is that it appeared in the news section of the BBC site. It would not have appeared without the agreement, or more probably at the instigation of, someone very high up the food chain of the corporation. This tells us that the McCanns have the protection of the State, and will not go down unless the State decides so.

It is important to learn about these manipulative techniques, because once you can see things for what they are, and not what they pretend to be, you are better able to resist the manipulation. Pay close attention to the words that are used, make sure you read what they say and not what you think they say, think critically. Find what it is they are pointing away from, and go and look there. Deconstruct, otherwise you are being played.


____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by bobbin on 09.09.12 22:41

@Ross wrote:In the Who took the tennis court photo? thread, Jean posted a link to this story on the BBC news site. On reading it soon became clear it is not what it purports to be, namely reportage, but is instead a press release. It is spin, carefully crafted to create certain impressions both perceptible and subliminal. As such, apart from the filling, each word, phrase and paragraph is there for a reason. By deconstructing and decoding the text we can see what it is that is actually being said, and make a reasonable assumption as to why it has been said.
So, below I reproduce the text, with highlights in blue and my comments in red.

New video of Madeleine released


The parents of Madeleine McCann have released the last video clips taken of their daughter before her disappearance in Portugal nearly four weeks ago.

This was a family holiday with a group of friends, all of whom had cameras and phones that could take video, yet for the five days they were there none took any footage of Madeleine, or presumably her siblings. Somewhat banal footage on an airport bus, on a plane's steps yes, but not splashing around in the pool, playing on the slide or doing any of the endearing things a happy child would be doing on holiday. Not one second of that was recorded apparently, nor indeed the half-an-album's worth of still photos that one would expect. This is a glaring anomaly. Video and photographic evidence fixes someone at a specific time and place, without it definitively proving their presence, or their absence, becomes more difficult. Clarity of location is lost. So the first sentence of text issues an unlikely and unsupported 'fact' as a command - there is no video of Madeleine in PdL. Move along, nothing to see here.

Dressed in pink and holding a rucksack, the four-year-old can be seen walking onto a flight at East Midlands Airport.
The mobile phone footage also shows her on an airport bus in the Algarve.

What we see is footage inside an airport bus and footage of two children climbing a plane's steps. What we are told is the location of those two events. What we don't know is whether it is true or not.

Gerry and Kate McCann are likely to begin a series of appeals across Europe…

Likely to begin? As the text was written by someone in 'Team McCann' they would know full well that they are about to begin because it was them that arranged it. This use of words is to create a sense of distance between the author and the McCanns. I'll come back to this later.

…after attending a general audience with the Pope on Wednesday.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, will head for Italy on Tuesday on a private plane provided by retail tycoon Sir Philip Green for a general audience with Pope Benedict XVI the following day.
The Pope will then have a private conversation with the McCanns on the steps of St Peter's.
Monsignor Andrew Faley, of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales, said: "This will give a huge boost to the worldwide campaign for the safe finding of Madeleine."
The McCanns will stay at the residency of the British ambassador to the Holy See, Francis Campbell.

Wow! A celebrity-fest! A billionaire, the Pope, a Monsignor and an ambassador. This is presenting a powerful subliminal message beneath the obvious perceptible one. It is embedding in the reader's subconscious the association between the McCanns and people of unimpeachable respectability. This makes it difficult to consciously think of the McCanns as guilty, because it causes a subconscious conflict known as 'cognitive dissonance'. This will be particularly the case with Catholics, and the spinmeisters have exploited this angle very effectively. How could you even suggest that someone who has 'a private audience with the Pope' (an out and out lie that one of course) be guilty of such a terrible thing? It becomes a matter of faith to believe in their innocence as it has been intentionally entwined with their religious faith. I would suggest that in a straw poll the proportion of Catholics on the 'pro' side would greatly outweigh that of the population at large. It's clever stuff, the implied blessing of the church, and through the ambassador the British government.

'So excited'

The couple travelled to the resort on 28 April with Madeleine, her brother Sean and sister Amelie, and a group of friends.
Five days later Madeleine disappeared.
Mrs McCann is said to have watched the two clips of her daughter regularly since Madeleine was abducted from their holiday apartment on 3 May.

In the very first sentence the word 'disappearance' is used, here it is in the past tense 'disappeared'. Then in the following sentence the word 'abducted' is used. This is direct manipulation, because it associates the two words together in the subconscious. When you read the word 'disappeared' in relation to this case it is now attached to the word 'abducted' at the subconscious level. 'Disappeared' becomes 'abducted'. Politicians and advertisers use this technique all the time.

The other point here is the the use of the phrase "…is said to have watched…". Why not just say 'has watched'? This is the second time the author(s) seeks to create a sense of distance between them and the McCanns. Some unnamed third party has said this, it has not come directly from Healey, this is (objective) reportage, not a piece of Team McCann spin that would not look out of place on the McCann's own site. This distancing was used in the first sentence to tell us what we were reading, a news report, and again here as we are about to arrive at the section where the McCanns are humanised, and our empathy is targetted.

"She was dead excited about going away with the rest of the kids, it was her first time to Portugal," Mrs McCann said.
"We all had to have our own rucksacks - even Sean and Amelie - it was quite funny. And Madeleine was acting like a big girl, she was so excited."


Healey as the doting mother, enjoying the quirky charm of her daughter, and taking pride at how grown up she was. Maybe she did feel those things, although the cold, emotionless responses subsequently raise doubts as to her real emotional attachment to her troublesome daughter, but this is supposed to be a news report not a puff piece in a woman's magazine. This whole quote was most likely scripted and inserted to create the image of a caring mother, a mother who could not possibly have anything to do with harming her beloved daughter. How could you even think such a thing?

As Madeleine was only four, it is hardly surprising that this was "…her first time to Portugal", and presumably she would have been just as excited if she was going to Italy or anywhere else. So why introduce specificity? Why not just say 'she was excited to be going on holiday'? Well it does (nominally) establish that she had not been to Portugal before. Could that be the reason?

But there is something far more sinister in this passage. "…dead excited…". Really? Even if it was verbatim, this is what sub-editors are for. They tidy up quotes, remove unfortunate choices of words, and 'dead' in this context is very unfortunate indeed. I think it's more than that though. This whole piece is crafted, every word in there is in there for a purpose. Remember when we read something we sift the words in our subconscious, they form into logical patterns. Disappeared abducted dead. I think this is the subliminal narrative we are being told here. The reason why this would be done is complex and deep, beyond the scope of this post, but if we 'know' (subconsciously), even if we don't 'know' (consciously) in certain occult practises that is taken as knowing. To know, and remain silent, implies consent. A difficult area certainly, but my view is that at the heart of this sits something that is very hard to accept. When Healey reportedly said "They've taken her!" I think she knew exactly what she was saying.

The short clips were taken by one of the family's friends and show Madeleine boarding the flight to Faro airport and sitting on an airport bus with her brother and sister.

That should read 'purport to show'. Those images in themselves prove nothing.

Madeleine can be seen clutching her Barbie rucksack and holding hands with another girl as she boards the aircraft.

At one point, she loses her footing and slips, grazing her shin
.

This is such a trivial thing to mention, but there it is. It subliminally embeds the fact of Madeleine innocently shedding blood. Later on as we know, there was blood found in the apartment, and although there clearly could be no actual connection between the two things, we have already been prepared to accept the idea of Madeleine bleeding. This method is known as 'predictive programming'.

Mr McCann, whose family are from Glasgow, said his daughter was so looking forward to her holiday to stay upset for long.
"She was really brave. She started crying but stopped almost immediately," he said.
"It was something that usually would have caused 10 minutes of crying rather than 10 seconds."


Although it has been some time since I did so, my experience is that if a four year old falls and hurts themselves, you pick them up, give them a cuddle, tell them 'there there' and after a few more seconds tell them that it doesn't hurt any more and after a few more seconds of endorphin release they will agree with you. The wound then becomes an object of curiosity, and soon after one of pride! A child would only cry from such a tumble for ten minutes if no-one bothered to pick them up and comfort them, and then from neglect rather than pain.
You would think a doctor would know that! I think this passage was inserted not only to reinforce the wound meme, but because it introduces the word 'brave' in association with McCann. The doting mother, the brave father, the idealised archetype is being subliminally evoked.

The release of the footage comes a day after a giant poster designed to publicise the appeal for Madeleine was unveiled on a beach at Praia da Luz.
The inflatable billboard will be set up around the Algarve, Spain and other places in Europe.


The ridiculously implausible inflatable billboard which was driven right across Europe, hung around for a few days before driving back to the UK again. Where soon after one of the drivers died in mysterious circumstances.


Summary.
This is not a news story. It is a piece of crafted prose designed to manipulate the reader, both consciously and subconsciously into believing the official narrative on the McCanns. If you doubt the effectiveness of such subliminal embedding techniques, particularly neuro-linguistic programming, watch a few Derren Brown shows and he will show you how it can be done. These techniques are deployed against us continually for political, commercial and esoteric reasons. The significant thing is that it appeared in the news section of the BBC site. It would not have appeared without the agreement, or more probably at the instigation of, someone very high up the food chain of the corporation. This tells us that the McCanns have the protection of the State, and will not go down unless the State decides so.

It is important to learn about these manipulative techniques, because once you can see things for what they are, and not what they pretend to be, you are better able to resist the manipulation. Pay close attention to the words that are used, make sure you read what they say and not what you think they say, think critically. Find what it is they are pointing away from, and go and look there. Deconstruct, otherwise you are being played.


Thank you Ross, very interesting, I look forward to more of your insightful analysis. Certainly good to look deeper.

bobbin

Posts : 2053
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by pauline on 09.09.12 22:42

Congratulations on a brilliant post, Ross.

I fear much of the material we see as 'news' reports (unconnected to the McCanns) are in fact carefully crafted press releases with specific agendas. Very scary.
avatar
pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 09.09.12 22:48

Yes, excellent Ross thumbsup
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by tigger on 09.09.12 23:29

'But they been to see the Pope!' a dear friend of mine said when I voiced my opinion on the affair, very early on, just months after the Pope hurriedly gave them a standard blessing - one couple in a row of dozens waiting for the same.
It exonerated them - full stop. Cognitive dissonance as you say.

That piece wasn't written by Clarence, somebody far more intelligent. A fine Italian hand one might say. In one clip there's Clarence - I honestly think he's trying to shake the Pope's hand and he's there to move others out of the way.
The media cooperated fully, in most clips it looks as if the McCanns were the only ones there.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 09.09.12 23:40

Ross. I'm glad that I mentioned this link!

There has been debate elsewhere on the authenticity of the footage; my view is that, like the supposed last photo at the poolside, it hasn't been "doctored" (if you'll pardon the pun) to include or exclude anyone but there is no proof as to when and where it was actually taken.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Ross on 10.09.12 1:09

Well thank you for the kind comments. I first started to get an inkling of this stuff about a decade ago when I learned that in the month before the invasion of Iraq, Bush used the words 'Saddam Hussein' and 'al-qaida', in that order, in the same sentence on no less than 27 separate occasions. He (or rather his scriptwriters) never linked them directly, that was completely unsupportable by the evidence, but by repeatedly juxtaposing them he was creating a firm association between the two in the minds of his docile audience. If any of you have been around any political forums that are frequented by Americans you will see how extremely effectively that embedded association worked.

For me this was a bit like finding a loose bit of wool sticking out of an old jumper. Start to pull and the whole thing starts to unravel! And by whole thing, I do mean the whole thing! The world is not what we are told it is, not by a long chalk! I would seriously recommend that you find out about these things. Put 'neuro linguistic programming' into a search engine or youtube and it's all there to discover. It does require a certain amount of humility, because you will come to realise just how NLPed you are, how many things you have expressed as 'your opinion' are in fact a NLP running. Someone else's opinion that you think is your own. It is a bit intimidating, even humiliating perhaps, but ultimately it is liberating because you can start to de-programme yourself and take back the personal sovereignty that you hadn't even realised had been taken away from you.

It's also quite fun not being tricked! Here is an exercise. Something that is very simple yet powerful, the use of epithet. An adjective, or adjectival phrase that is attached to a word, usually someone's name. The human mind is an amazing thing, we can conjure up a whole narrative from just a tiny amount of data, and an epithet, particularly one that is used repeatedly (reinforcement is a standard NLP technique) creates a whole semi-narrative all on its own. Look at these two phrases: 1) brave parents 2) callous parents. Light and dark, opposite ends of the spectrum and all done by one simple word.

When you read or hear news, pay attention to the use of epithet because that is what the authors are telling you to think about that person. You are not supposed to stop and consider this, you are supposed to just pass over it, absorb it, and have 'your opinion' formed for you. Detach the epithet, thoroughly examine it, and ask yourself why of all the possible descriptive words that could have been used that particular one was chosen. What word would you choose? Why would you choose it?

An opinion, a true opinion, is the result of a logical process of reason. A true opinion does not stand alone in splendid isolation. I have a definition of my opinion:

My opinion on a topic is the limit of my understanding of that topic.

If you analyse your opinion of something, and ask yourself 'why do I think that', and discover that you don't really know why you think that… Congratulations! You have discovered a NLP embedded in your subconscious! Introspect, try to trace it back to source and you will most likely find it comes from a newspaper or some such. By getting there, you have de-programmed it and can now re-assess that idea and start coming up with your own, true opinion on the matter. It's not easy, but it does get easier, and as I said before it is extremely liberating. Good luck, and happy hunting!

This message will self-destruct in fifteen seconds.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Woofer on 10.09.12 2:18

Thank you Ross - most enlightening - I sort of thought it anyway from the back of my mind, but you have brought it concretely to the front of my mind.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by jd on 10.09.12 2:32

Great post Ross clapping1

The pope visit always reminds me of the 'butterfly' that landed on kate mccann as she shook hands with the Pope. big grin The pink one saying it was Maddie!! Nobody has ever seen it though!

The Vatican wiped off 'all' references to the mccanns from their website...Can't get a much bigger statement than this

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by tigger on 10.09.12 6:42

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wilde


In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.
-
Mark Twain

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Woofer on 10.09.12 8:26

@tigger wrote:Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wilde


In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.
-
Mark Twain

"If you try to study yourself according to another you will always remain a second-hand human being". Jiddu Krishnamurti.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 10.09.12 9:16

Always be suspicious when the official verdict as to who is responsible for an event is published far too quickly, before the facts can possibly be known.

Here is an interesting clip about 9/11 - Bin Laden was being named as responsible almost immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVFZu97fWbU&feature=related

The same thing had happened years before with the JFK assassination and would do so again with the July 2005 bombings.

There are similarities in the way that the Madeleine story was sold to the public and the mystery is why the disappearance of a child - while of course devastating to any innocent families concerned - was considered worthy of such global action.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by russiandoll on 10.09.12 9:52

Fantastic post, thanks for a lot of food for thought. clapping

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 10.09.12 11:05

Excellent post!

Fortunately NLP can also be used for good causes, reprogramming people with mild mental trauma, depression or anxiety . I've seen someone, after just one session and not knowing he was seeing a NLP programmer instead of a doctor, being completely healed from a depression induced anorexia ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 10.09.12 11:41

@Ross wrote:In the Who took the tennis court photo? thread, Jean posted a link to this story on the BBC news site. On reading it soon became clear it is not what it purports to be, namely reportage, but is instead a press release. It is spin, carefully crafted to create certain impressions both perceptible and subliminal. As such, apart from the filling, each word, phrase and paragraph is there for a reason. By deconstructing and decoding the text we can see what it is that is actually being said, and make a reasonable assumption as to why it has been said.
So, below I reproduce the text, with highlights in blue and my comments in red.

New video of Madeleine released


The parents of Madeleine McCann have released the last video clips taken of their daughter before her disappearance in Portugal nearly four weeks ago.

This was a family holiday with a group of friends, all of whom had cameras and phones that could take video, yet for the five days they were there none took any footage of Madeleine, or presumably her siblings. Somewhat banal footage on an airport bus, on a plane's steps yes, but not splashing around in the pool, playing on the slide or doing any of the endearing things a happy child would be doing on holiday. Not one second of that was recorded apparently, nor indeed the half-an-album's worth of still photos that one would expect. This is a glaring anomaly. Video and photographic evidence fixes someone at a specific time and place, without it definitively proving their presence, or their absence, becomes more difficult. Clarity of location is lost. So the first sentence of text issues an unlikely and unsupported 'fact' as a command - there is no video of Madeleine in PdL. Move along, nothing to see here.

Dressed in pink and holding a rucksack, the four-year-old can be seen walking onto a flight at East Midlands Airport.
The mobile phone footage also shows her on an airport bus in the Algarve.

What we see is footage inside an airport bus and footage of two children climbing a plane's steps. What we are told is the location of those two events. What we don't know is whether it is true or not.

Gerry and Kate McCann are likely to begin a series of appeals across Europe…

Likely to begin? As the text was written by someone in 'Team McCann' they would know full well that they are about to begin because it was them that arranged it. This use of words is to create a sense of distance between the author and the McCanns. I'll come back to this later.

…after attending a general audience with the Pope on Wednesday.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, will head for Italy on Tuesday on a private plane provided by retail tycoon Sir Philip Green for a general audience with Pope Benedict XVI the following day.
The Pope will then have a private conversation with the McCanns on the steps of St Peter's.
Monsignor Andrew Faley, of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales, said: "This will give a huge boost to the worldwide campaign for the safe finding of Madeleine."
The McCanns will stay at the residency of the British ambassador to the Holy See, Francis Campbell.

Wow! A celebrity-fest! A billionaire, the Pope, a Monsignor and an ambassador. This is presenting a powerful subliminal message beneath the obvious perceptible one. It is embedding in the reader's subconscious the association between the McCanns and people of unimpeachable respectability. This makes it difficult to consciously think of the McCanns as guilty, because it causes a subconscious conflict known as 'cognitive dissonance'. This will be particularly the case with Catholics, and the spinmeisters have exploited this angle very effectively. How could you even suggest that someone who has 'a private audience with the Pope' (an out and out lie that one of course) be guilty of such a terrible thing? It becomes a matter of faith to believe in their innocence as it has been intentionally entwined with their religious faith. I would suggest that in a straw poll the proportion of Catholics on the 'pro' side would greatly outweigh that of the population at large. It's clever stuff, the implied blessing of the church, and through the ambassador the British government.

'So excited'

The couple travelled to the resort on 28 April with Madeleine, her brother Sean and sister Amelie, and a group of friends.
Five days later Madeleine disappeared.
Mrs McCann is said to have watched the two clips of her daughter regularly since Madeleine was abducted from their holiday apartment on 3 May.

In the very first sentence the word 'disappearance' is used, here it is in the past tense 'disappeared'. Then in the following sentence the word 'abducted' is used. This is direct manipulation, because it associates the two words together in the subconscious. When you read the word 'disappeared' in relation to this case it is now attached to the word 'abducted' at the subconscious level. 'Disappeared' becomes 'abducted'. Politicians and advertisers use this technique all the time.

The other point here is the the use of the phrase "…is said to have watched…". Why not just say 'has watched'? This is the second time the author(s) seeks to create a sense of distance between them and the McCanns. Some unnamed third party has said this, it has not come directly from Healey, this is (objective) reportage, not a piece of Team McCann spin that would not look out of place on the McCann's own site. This distancing was used in the first sentence to tell us what we were reading, a news report, and again here as we are about to arrive at the section where the McCanns are humanised, and our empathy is targetted.

"She was dead excited about going away with the rest of the kids, it was her first time to Portugal," Mrs McCann said.
"We all had to have our own rucksacks - even Sean and Amelie - it was quite funny. And Madeleine was acting like a big girl, she was so excited."


Healey as the doting mother, enjoying the quirky charm of her daughter, and taking pride at how grown up she was. Maybe she did feel those things, although the cold, emotionless responses subsequently raise doubts as to her real emotional attachment to her troublesome daughter, but this is supposed to be a news report not a puff piece in a woman's magazine. This whole quote was most likely scripted and inserted to create the image of a caring mother, a mother who could not possibly have anything to do with harming her beloved daughter. How could you even think such a thing?

As Madeleine was only four, it is hardly surprising that this was "…her first time to Portugal", and presumably she would have been just as excited if she was going to Italy or anywhere else. So why introduce specificity? Why not just say 'she was excited to be going on holiday'? Well it does (nominally) establish that she had not been to Portugal before. Could that be the reason?

But there is something far more sinister in this passage. "…dead excited…". Really? Even if it was verbatim, this is what sub-editors are for. They tidy up quotes, remove unfortunate choices of words, and 'dead' in this context is very unfortunate indeed. I think it's more than that though. This whole piece is crafted, every word in there is in there for a purpose. Remember when we read something we sift the words in our subconscious, they form into logical patterns. Disappeared abducted dead. I think this is the subliminal narrative we are being told here. The reason why this would be done is complex and deep, beyond the scope of this post, but if we 'know' (subconsciously), even if we don't 'know' (consciously) in certain occult practises that is taken as knowing. To know, and remain silent, implies consent. A difficult area certainly, but my view is that at the heart of this sits something that is very hard to accept. When Healey reportedly said "They've taken her!" I think she knew exactly what she was saying.

The short clips were taken by one of the family's friends and show Madeleine boarding the flight to Faro airport and sitting on an airport bus with her brother and sister.

That should read 'purport to show'. Those images in themselves prove nothing.

Madeleine can be seen clutching her Barbie rucksack and holding hands with another girl as she boards the aircraft.

At one point, she loses her footing and slips, grazing her shin
.

This is such a trivial thing to mention, but there it is. It subliminally embeds the fact of Madeleine innocently shedding blood. Later on as we know, there was blood found in the apartment, and although there clearly could be no actual connection between the two things, we have already been prepared to accept the idea of Madeleine bleeding. This method is known as 'predictive programming'.

Mr McCann, whose family are from Glasgow, said his daughter was so looking forward to her holiday to stay upset for long.
"She was really brave. She started crying but stopped almost immediately," he said.
"It was something that usually would have caused 10 minutes of crying rather than 10 seconds."


Although it has been some time since I did so, my experience is that if a four year old falls and hurts themselves, you pick them up, give them a cuddle, tell them 'there there' and after a few more seconds tell them that it doesn't hurt any more and after a few more seconds of endorphin release they will agree with you. The wound then becomes an object of curiosity, and soon after one of pride! A child would only cry from such a tumble for ten minutes if no-one bothered to pick them up and comfort them, and then from neglect rather than pain.
You would think a doctor would know that! I think this passage was inserted not only to reinforce the wound meme, but because it introduces the word 'brave' in association with McCann. The doting mother, the brave father, the idealised archetype is being subliminally evoked.

The release of the footage comes a day after a giant poster designed to publicise the appeal for Madeleine was unveiled on a beach at Praia da Luz.
The inflatable billboard will be set up around the Algarve, Spain and other places in Europe.


The ridiculously implausible inflatable billboard which was driven right across Europe, hung around for a few days before driving back to the UK again. Where soon after one of the drivers died in mysterious circumstances.


Summary.
This is not a news story. It is a piece of crafted prose designed to manipulate the reader, both consciously and subconsciously into believing the official narrative on the McCanns. If you doubt the effectiveness of such subliminal embedding techniques, particularly neuro-linguistic programming, watch a few Derren Brown shows and he will show you how it can be done. These techniques are deployed against us continually for political, commercial and esoteric reasons. The significant thing is that it appeared in the news section of the BBC site. It would not have appeared without the agreement, or more probably at the instigation of, someone very high up the food chain of the corporation. This tells us that the McCanns have the protection of the State, and will not go down unless the State decides so.

It is important to learn about these manipulative techniques, because once you can see things for what they are, and not what they pretend to be, you are better able to resist the manipulation. Pay close attention to the words that are used, make sure you read what they say and not what you think they say, think critically. Find what it is they are pointing away from, and go and look there. Deconstruct, otherwise you are being played.


Thank you Ross, great reading.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by sonic72 on 10.09.12 13:11

How many kids go 'missing' each year and how many of the parents get the same prestige treatment? Private jets, meeting with the Pope etc? Stuff like that just does not happen to parents of missing children, so why do the Mccann's get this first class treatment?

Brian Kennedy (Everest double glazing) has put a lot of his own money into this campaign, and he seems passionate about finding maddy, why has he not been involved in helping any other missing children in the past? Why all of a sudden is he so interested in this particular 'missing' child?

BTW, you mentioned about a driver dying in suspicious circumstances, do you have any links for that please?

Thanks, great post.
avatar
sonic72

Posts : 342
Reputation : 71
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by jd on 10.09.12 13:23

@sonic72 wrote:BTW, you mentioned about a driver dying in suspicious circumstances, do you have any links for that please?

Think its Colin Sahlke

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3375-colin-sahlke?highlight=colin

According to the British press in May 2007, a former British paratrooper, Colin Sahlke, went to Praia da Luz to search for Madeleine McCann. He sold his possessions and gave up his job and his rented home to finance the search.
Under strange circumstances almost 3 years later, Sahlke suddenly died in bed on April 19, 2010. His death is a mystery and the traces of what caused his death are gone forever—Sahlke was cremated in Skipton on April 29, 2010. At the time of writing in early June 2010, the family still do not know the cause of death.
Background
Days before Faked Abduction was printed, 3 chapters were removed. One of them “The Trojan Horse” was a controversial chapter detailing the operation of the inflatable billboard sent to Praia da Luz.
According to Gavin Hollywood, the managing director of Posterplus Media—the company who sent the billboard—the entire operation took 13 days in May 2007. From press stories released on Monday May 28, 2007, there is a consistent claim that the two drivers left Scotland on Friday, May 25, 2007. This also tallies with Gavin Hollywood’s communication to the author that the journey from Scotland to Portugal took 3 days.
The two van drivers were lauded by the press as a couple of ordinary guys who had been moved to pay for the venture out of a genuine, heartfelt concern for the plight of Madeleine. Nothing was further from the truth. The entire venture was set up after John McCann—Madeleine’s uncle—had approached Posterplus Media. The two men were employees of Posterplus Media and were just doing their job.
When we peel back the layers, we find that one of the drivers—Les Harley—lives very close to John McCann in the Temple/Partick area of Glasgow. Posterplus Media is located in Kilmaurs and is a good 25 miles away from where Harley & McCann live. It is a fair bet that John McCann knew Les Harley as a fellow brethren in one of the local lodges in that district—perhaps in the Galen Lodge located at the torched Ardery Street Freemason Hall that was burned to the ground in an arson attack in January 2008. No doubt the membership records of the various lodges using the Ardery Street hall disappeared into smoke along with many other interesting historical records.

Kate and Gerry McCann looking at the inflatable billboard that was driven to Praia da Luz for a couple of days at a cost of over £20,000.
The 2000+ mile trip to Portugal with an 800 sq.ft. inflatable “bouncy castle” with a poster stuck on the side made no sense at all. Gavin Hollywood’s estimated cost of £20,000 ($30,000) could have been done for thousands less by flying the two men to Portugal and sending the inflatable as air freight. A glance at the accounts and financial status of Posterplus Media makes the story even more fantastic. Deeply in debt for several years and with at least one county court judgment recorded against them, what on earth was the company doing by spending such a vast sum of money for very little—if any—reward? The newspaper articles touted the drivers, Chris Lennox and Les Harley as the brains behind the venture and at no time was the name Posterplus Media mentioned in those articles. It wasn’t as if the company gained by some press exposure and if anything, the company remained completely anonymous. When you are so deep in the red, it isn’t as though those expenses can be used as a tax right-off. If you’re not making money then you won’t be paying tax anyway.
Now switch our attention to a story that came out a day or two before the “bouncy castle” story.

Posterplus Media balance sheet. Click the image to view it larger.
Steve Taylor and Colin Sahlke were two former British Army soldiers who are reported to have met while working in a shower company in Nelson, Lancashire. The fantastic stories about Taylor and Sahlke have a vibe that is incredibly similar to the story of Harley and Lennox. Taylor and Sahlke didn’t take any fancy equipment to Portugal but if we are to believe the news reports of the time, we are told that they both gave up their jobs and at least one of them gave up his rented home and possessions to raise £5,000 ($7,500) to go and find Madeleine.
John McCann, the Madeleine Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited Chairman, is said to have given up his job with AstraZeneca so he could concentrate full time on the search for his niece. It is staggering to think how four people gave up their careers to focus on the search for Madeleine: Kate Healy, John McCann and two former soldiers in Lancashire.
The dates and times that Taylor and Sahlke were in Praia da Luz are pretty much the same as Lennox and Harley’s. All four men left the UK on Friday, May 25, 2007. Apart from a few staged photographs of Taylor and Sahlke decked out in clothing more suitable for Operation Desert Storm, we saw nothing more of the two former soldiers. We saw nothing more of the inflatable sign either. After a photo session on the beach in Praia da Luz, the sign was not seen again despite Gavin Hollywood’s claim that the sign was to be set up at sites around the Algarve.
And what incidentally was it that cost Taylor and Sahlke £5,000? Two return low-cost airline tickets to Faro, Portugal, from Leeds/Bradford or Manchester Airports would typically cost about £150 or less. Accommodation for a week or even a cheap package holiday including flights would have cost the two men no more than £500 each. May is not high season in the European package holiday trade.

The two stories of Taylor/Sahlke and Lennox/Harley really make no sense whatsoever. Keep in mind that these men came onto the scene 3 days after Clarence Mitchell’s public arrival on the Madeleine McCann disappearance.
North East Lancashire/West Yorkshire
For those not familiar with this part of England and its involvement in the McCann case, it is a location that has had an ever increasing list of coincidental involvement. To date we have:
Ed Smethurst, a Madeleine Fund director, a lawyer and a prominent Freemason in the East Lancashire Lodge in Manchester. It appears that Smethurst has lived and worked in the Bury/Rochdale/Clitheroe area for most of his life.
Michael Wright, Kate Healy’s cousin’s husband. Wright was the named driver on the Renault Scenic where the cadaver dog smelt the scent of death in the trunk. Wright made numerous trips to Portugal in 2007, including one trip where he literally flew to Portugal to accompany Kate and the twins on a flight back to England the same day.
CCP—the Centre for Crisis Psychology—are based in Skipton. CCP were dispatched to Portugal in the middle of May 2007 to assist the McCanns with trauma counselling.
Colin Sahlke and Steve Taylor were work colleagues at a shower company in Nelson. Presumably this was Manhattan Showers Ltd.
Raymond Hewlett, the deceased former paedophile lived in Todmorden and was linked to the Madeleine case for various reasons. Suspected to have been the real killer of Leslie Molseed in 1975, Hewlett passed away in 2010 after contracting throat cancer.
David Payne, one of the Tapas Nine, has family in Rochdale. Payne is the doctor who was reported to Leicestershire police by Katerina and Arul Gaspar when they made statements about the behaviour of Gerry McCann and David Payne when they were all on holiday together in Majorca in 2005.


____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Ross on 10.09.12 15:24

Once again, thank you all for your kind responses, it is very encouraging. These are challenging areas to discuss, primarily because ego is involved - no-one likes to admit, even to themselves, that they have been 'had'. We always find it difficult to admit we are wrong about something, it's a natural reaction. That's why I mentioned humility earlier, the first step is to accept that we have been manipulated, that we probably are wrong on many things and need a rethink. It doesn't mean you are stupid, it doesn't mean you are gullible (or at least any more gullible than everyone else), it just means that you have this incredible brain that can do so much yet has an innate susceptibility to be beguiled, bewitched. This fundamental acceptance of fallibility will remove the internal conflict, you no longer have to keep grappling with your ego. You are free to start exploring your own mind.

So as shown in the OP, a body of text can contain multiple layers of meaning, some perceptible, some subliminal. The appearance of the sequence disappearance, disappeared, abducted was not coincidental, it was a subliminal narrative thread woven through the piece, and even if consciously it would not register it would tie together as a narrative in the subconscious and consequently influence conscious thought. That is a very powerful technique, but if you add in other elements - image, movement, colour, sound, flashing lights the potential exists not just for subtle influence but for outright control.

An example of the use of image, and it's Bush again. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans he was on one of his many holidays on his ranch goofing off. After three days, during which the situation on the ground in New Orleans had deteriorated to a horrific degree, Bush was still on holiday on his ranch goofing off. His handlers saw that people were starting to grumble about the President's complete lack of activity and disregard for the suffering taking place, so they arranged a media event. He was flown in to New Orleans, and with the cathedral as the backdrop (they always ruthlessly exploited his pretend Christian-ness!) he gave his ten minutes of platitudes to the cameras, before flying back to the ranch to continue his holiday.

He was not wearing a suit. Instead, he was wearing what Americans would immediately recognise as a work shirt, with the sleeves rolled up. When I saw this, even knowing the horrendous background, I laughed out loud at the blatancy of it. George Bush rolls up his sleeves and gets to work. Of course people watching would have seen what he was wearing, but for most it would not have registered, it was just part of the scenery, and if you were to ask them what he was wearing a week later, or even a day later probably, I doubt that 10% would remember. The conscious mind had filtered it out, thrown it away, not committed it to memory. But the subconscious remembers everything, so for those people any subsequent mention of Katrina will subliminally evoke notions of Bush working hard dealing with the crisis. The disconnect between reality and the fake created reality was about as wide as it could possibly be.

So when I watched that clip, I was actively looking, not passively allowing it to wash over me. As such, I actually saw his shirt, I saw the sleeves rolled up and by doing this consciously it was pulled into my conscious mind where I could use my own critical thinking process to analyse it. It was then ridiculously easy to work out what was going on, that it was a piece of subliminal programming, and by recognising it as such it could not work on me. So that is how we can resist it, by seeing it for what it is. This is not always easy, sometimes it is impossible, such as when something is in the background and away from our focus of attention, or when an image on a screen flashes on and off very quickly. Remember that in a film every single thing in shot has been put there. We might not even notice a book on the shelf behind the headshot for example, but we have seen it, it is in our subconscious, it is a memory even though we don't realise it. If you were to start investigating this yourself, and there are people who do analyse films frame-by-frame to discover these things, you would be staggered. Horrified.

Have you noticed how on television in particular, even in documentaries, there are now a lot of swaying camera motions, and quick jump-cuts from one scene to another? This is actually a form of hypnosis taking place, those movements open you up to suggestion. In fact watching television in itself is a form of hypnosis. The brain operates at four frequencies, and as you watch TV the beta, theta and delta waves level off, and after fifteen minutes you are in an alpha wave state. A person under hypnosis is also in an alpha wave state. You are opened up and in a highly suggestible state. Worth considering. One of the best things I ever did was getting rid of my television.

In terms of NLP, here is a Derren Brown using the technique to pick up three women! The video is worth watching because the person that made it understands what he is doing and annotates it. The language is quite technical, but it is a useful introduction to some of the concepts. In the second one,where he is on the tube, you will see what a few words and bit of hand movement can do. It is extraordinary.




____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by tigger on 10.09.12 16:04

The underground one reminds me of the time I forgot my pin code. Because my friend thought it was funny to recite a random number just as I was about to tap it in. It left my head forever! Not only that, I'd never written it down in any shape or form. Still annoys me!

I read an assessment of the anti Jewish propaganda in the thirties. The writer states that without Goebbels it would never have worked. Hitler thought that by comparing them to rats and having a film made, with lots of rats it was going to do the trick.
The same writer also said (it was a newspaper article) that Goebbels would have made subtle use of TV had it been available. E.g. by putting a Jewish man in a soap, where initially he seems kind and good. Slowly this changes until he is found out as an adulterer and a thief.

Not long ago I saw colour films of the early days of the Reich, with lots of interviews of people who'd been there and these shots were from the 70's.
They nearly all said that with festivals etc. there was always 'Hitler Weather' - bright sunshine, no clouds.
All the clips of the floats and the festivals showed the whole lot drenched in rain. Ah, memory!

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 10.09.12 17:35

Unfortunately the first video isn't available to view in the U K but the short second one is. I presume that there is no question of the people being planted stooges.

I really can't imagine that working with me - though I can relate to Tigger's story of a PIN number being forgotten as, if I stop to think what mine is rather than inputting it automatically, my mind goes blank. That could of course be due to my age!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by tigger on 10.09.12 17:49

Jean wrote:Unfortunately the first video isn't available to view in the U K but the short second one is. I presume that there is no question of the people being planted stooges.

I really can't imagine that working with me - though I can relate to Tigger's story of a PIN number being forgotten as, if I stop to think what mine is rather than inputting it automatically, my mind goes blank. That could of course be due to my age!

That's interesting. I wonder if that's ever explained anywhere. It seems to be a short-term memory 'overwrite'.

Another thing about the conditioning by visual and linguistic means occurred to me some time ago.
I would take a bet that if one would sound the sort of bleeps that you get at the exit of a shop if your purchase hasn't been 'degaussed', would certainly stop 80% of people in their tracks if you sounded them anywhere.
I ignore them on purpose, because I don't shoplift and I enjoy seeing the security man sprinting after me. They never apologised, I should have understood the signal and stopped to be searched.
Ah, I like my little amusements.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by dragonfly on 10.09.12 21:46

goodpost Ross
Despite being a 'sci fi' film this clip sums things up very well


____________________

avatar
dragonfly

Posts : 318
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Guest on 10.09.12 22:16

Perhaps this guy should have gone to Specsavers........
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Deconstructing Spin

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.09.12 22:22

@Ross wrote:Have you noticed how on television in particular, even in documentaries, there are now a lot of swaying camera motions, and quick jump-cuts from one scene to another? This is actually a form of hypnosis taking place, those movements open you up to suggestion. In fact watching television in itself is a form of hypnosis. The brain operates at four frequencies, and as you watch TV the beta, theta and delta waves level off, and after fifteen minutes you are in an alpha wave state. A person under hypnosis is also in an alpha wave state. You are opened up and in a highly suggestible state. Worth considering. One of the best things I ever did was getting rid of my television.
SNAP! Not had a TV for 10 years or more. So much more time to do other things - and you get the essential news on the internet in seconds instead of using up half-an-hour or more. TV and films have made us more gullible, and powerful people are behind these new media

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14899
Reputation : 2991
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum