The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Woofer on 09.09.12 13:38

Right, lets assume Maddie was really abducted and that the McCann`s are genuinely innocent victims.

So, the case is shelved and the Co-ordinator of the investigation retires from the PJ and writes a book about the investigation, mainly to clear his good name that has been tarnished.

So, the book, only published in Portuguese initially, states that the police investigation showed the most likely answer was that Maddie died in an accident in the apartment and her body hidden but evidence is lacking to bring a charge.

How would I feel if I was the innocent McCanns and how would I act?

OK - I might feel that, although the investigation had conclusions that I knew were wrong because I was sure of my innocence, it would not matter because I am innocent and safe in the knowledge that there is no concrete evidence that would stand up in court. Also his book is only written in Portuguese – so, a few Portuguese speaking people read it, doesn`t matter because I know I`m innocent.

If they are truly innocent, I really cannot see the problem for them. And if they are truly innocent, the depth and extremes of vindictiveness they have shown against the PJ, Goncalo, the non-believers, is way, way, way out of proportion to that expected if they had just felt the PJ conclusions were wrong.

So why this over-reaction? Why this need to utterly destroy a decent, experienced and respected police officer, to go to extremes of vindictive name-calling, to deprive him of his livelihood, to see him and his family suffer to the extent they have? Why?

If you are truly innocent, there is no need for such a tidal wave of vindictiveness.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Woofer on 09.09.12 13:49

Admin - This topic somehow ended up in debate section - it was meant to go in the general discussion - is it possible to transfer it please?
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Guest on 09.09.12 13:52

@Woofer wrote:Admin - This topic somehow ended up in debate section - it was meant to go in the general discussion - is it possible to transfer it please?

This is the general discussion/debated thread Woofer, I moved your post in here. The Latest News thread is for posting up Latest News on the case, from media and blogs etc., to discuss, your thread isn't actually latest news, but a discussion thread.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Woofer on 09.09.12 13:57

Oh ok, fair enough - I suppose it is.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by tigger on 09.09.12 13:57

Because - after they were made arguidos - the lifestyle they were building up (celebrities, A list parties, being received by the Pope, heads of state, villa in Portugal, jet setting over the world as ambassadors for lost children and Amber Alert, headlines and money galore) all gone. The life they're living now is a pale shadow of what could have been and for that alone they will never forgive Amaral.

Don't be fooled by the ambassador for missing children, it's a consolation prize I would think she'd gladly decline. Forcing spotty teenagers back to their ghastly homes. Gerry we don't hear from at all - busy with academic work apparently. Not his forte I'd think, marketing is more his thing.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Woofer on 09.09.12 14:04

@tigger wrote:Because - after they were made arguidos - the lifestyle they were building up (celebrities, A list parties, being received by the Pope, heads of state, villa in Portugal, jet setting over the world as ambassadors for lost children and Amber Alert, headlines and money galore) all gone. The life they're living now is a pale shadow of what could have been and for that alone they will never forgive Amaral.

Don't be fooled by the ambassador for missing children, it's a consolation prize I would think she'd gladly decline. Forcing spotty teenagers back to their ghastly homes. Gerry we don't hear from at all - busy with academic work apparently. Not his forte I'd think, marketing is more his thing.

I still can`t see how that is enough to totally destroy a man tigger if they are really innocent. Their lifestyle is still tons better than it was before Maddie went missing. From what you say, it sounds as if they were out for world domination of some sort ! So by my rationale, it can ONLY be because they`re guilty.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Ross on 09.09.12 14:06

It's designed to shift the focus. Instead of looking at a) the implausibility of the abduction scenario and b) what the hell were parents doing leaving their young children unattended in an strange flat in a foreign country while they were out carousing we are encouraged, incited actually, to focus instead on the lazy, incompetent, bungling, poorly dressed smokers that are the Portuguese police. It's a calculated diversionary tactic designed to misdirect.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Ross on 09.09.12 14:12

@Woofer wrote:I still can`t see how that is enough to totally destroy a man..."
Pour encourager les autres. Carter-Ruck and their ilk are the equivalent of the two meatheads that turn up at your house and start breaking things to help persuade you not to pursue a particular course of action that is inimical to their employer's wishes.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by tigger on 09.09.12 14:19

@Ross wrote:
@Woofer wrote:I still can`t see how that is enough to totally destroy a man..."
Pour encourager les autres. Carter-Ruck and their ilk are the equivalent of the two meatheads that turn up at your house and start breaking things to help persuade you not to pursue a particular course of action that is inimical to their employer's wishes.

In the fine Glaswegian tradition that was explained to me once:
'Can y'r sister sew, Jimmy, can she sew?'
'Ai'
Headbuts Jimmy - 'Stitch that, Jimmy' - (can't do the accent but in Glaswegian it sounds lethal).

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by puzzled on 09.09.12 14:51

@Woofer wrote:
So why this over-reaction? Why this need to utterly destroy a decent, experienced and respected police officer, to go to extremes of vindictive name-calling, to deprive him of his livelihood, to see him and his family suffer to the extent they have? Why?

Kate and Gerry McCann are narcissists and very likely something worse - I won't use the word but you can probably guess what it is. For them, nothing you can do for them is ever enough, and they have a grandiose, grossly inflated, egotistical view of their importance and self-worth. Their kind usually responds to anything that threatens that view of themselves with an aggressive, nasty vindictiveness that is generally quite out of proportion to the situation.

In fact the McCann's behaviour is so classic to anyone with a knowledge of psychology, it's a wonder that their fawners in the media can't see it. Or is it just a case of what Robert Hare predicted some years ago - the value system of the psychopath is increasingly becoming the mainstream value system of society?





____________________
...how did you feel the last time you squashed a bug? -psychopathic criminal, quoted in Robert Hare, Without Conscience

puzzled

Posts : 200
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by uppatoffee on 09.09.12 14:59

There is no reason. Parents that are truly innocent would:
* spend every minute looking for their child, especially in the early days
* do everything they can to assist the police
* answer every question in interviews
* be distraught your actions had caused this to happen

They would not:
* sit down with your mates and get their stories in order
* argue what they did was reasonable parenting
* set up a fighting a fighting fund within days of her disappearance
* make her a ward of court
* try to discredit sniffer dogs
* make excuses for anything suspicious before it has become an issue
* waste time pursuing libel claims
* go off gallivanting around the world leaving their two remaining children alone
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 09.09.12 15:18

If the McCanns were really innocent they would be grateful for Mr Bennett's efforts to find out the truth. They would be horrified to learn about the things Mr Bennett has uncovered like the shell of a company the fake PI's set up and the money that was stolen from them by Kevin Halligen. They would be suing those people and begging Mr Bennett to carry on with his research and even asking him if they could FUND his research so that he can get nearer to the truth as he has done more for Madeleine than their PI's.

The fact that they are suing him and Amaral to stfu speaks volumes.

avatar
AskTheDogsSandra

Posts : 132
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Woofer on 09.09.12 15:31

@puzzled wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
So why this over-reaction? Why this need to utterly destroy a decent, experienced and respected police officer, to go to extremes of vindictive name-calling, to deprive him of his livelihood, to see him and his family suffer to the extent they have? Why?

Kate and Gerry McCann are narcissists and very likely something worse - I won't use the word but you can probably guess what it is. For them, nothing you can do for them is ever enough, and they have a grandiose, grossly inflated, egotistical view of their importance and self-worth. Their kind usually responds to anything that threatens that view of themselves with an aggressive, nasty vindictiveness that is generally quite out of proportion to the situation.

In fact the McCann's behaviour is so classic to anyone with a knowledge of psychology, it's a wonder that their fawners in the media can't see it. Or is it just a case of what Robert Hare predicted some years ago - the value system of the psychopath is increasingly becoming the mainstream value system of society?




Yes, its the only answer (I`ve read quite a lot courtesy of Sam Makinen and others). I have not read Robert Hare, but will do so - his prediction seems about right, sorry to say.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by PeterMac on 09.09.12 17:09

@AskTheDogsSandra wrote:If the McCanns were really innocent they would be grateful for Mr Bennett's efforts to find out the truth. They would be horrified to learn about the things Mr Bennett has uncovered like the shell of a company the fake PI's set up and the money that was stolen from them by Kevin Halligen. They would be suing those people and begging Mr Bennett to carry on with his research and even asking him if they could FUND his research so that he can get nearer to the truth as he has done more for Madeleine than their PI's.
The fact that they are suing him and Amaral to stfu speaks volumes.
Spot on.
Their joint neglecting to sue for the return of monies from M3, Halligen, and even from Edgar (for that abortive visit to Barcelona, where the reporters discovered within days they had done absolutely nothing of interest, not spoken to relevant people and so on) also speaks volumes

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by Ribisl on 09.09.12 17:31

@Woofer wrote:
@tigger wrote:Because - after they were made arguidos - the lifestyle they were building up (celebrities, A list parties, being received by the Pope, heads of state, villa in Portugal, jet setting over the world as ambassadors for lost children and Amber Alert, headlines and money galore) all gone. The life they're living now is a pale shadow of what could have been and for that alone they will never forgive Amaral.

Don't be fooled by the ambassador for missing children, it's a consolation prize I would think she'd gladly decline. Forcing spotty teenagers back to their ghastly homes. Gerry we don't hear from at all - busy with academic work apparently. Not his forte I'd think, marketing is more his thing.

I still can`t see how that is enough to totally destroy a man tigger if they are really innocent. Their lifestyle is still tons better than it was before Maddie went missing. From what you say, it sounds as if they were out for world domination of some sort ! So by my rationale, it can ONLY be because they`re guilty.

Don't forget they are acting under their lawyers' advice. KM may be vindictive by nature but any legal actions they are pursuing come as a result of consultation with their legal advisors. Are they milking the fund? That's also possible.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by jd on 09.09.12 17:33

They would be suing those people and begging Mr Bennett to carry on with his research and even asking him if they could FUND his research so that he can get nearer to the truth as he has done more for Madeleine than their PI's.

Yes this is exactly what they or anyone would do, unless of course you are guilty and covering up the truth

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I REALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND SUCH VINDICTIVENESS AGAINST THE PORTUGUESE AND GONCALO IF THEY ARE TRULY INNOCENT

Post by russiandoll on 09.09.12 18:18

The man has not, for the sake of an easy life, shut the hell up and gone away.... as they no doubt wished and were arrogant enough to expect that he would...that is why he is the target of spite and anger.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum