The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Mm11

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Mm11

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Regist10

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Empty Re: Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review

Post by tigger 24.08.12 21:34

Châtelaine wrote:It may still be my fever [how the heck does one get a flu in summer ...?!], but I would want to repeat my calculations from the previous page:

A working year has 47 weeks [5 weeks of holidays], a working week has 40 hours [at least in my book] and there are 35 people on the review. That means that in the first year, they had 65,800 hours of working power to sift through 40,000 pages of documentation, if I remember correctly. And they'd only done 10,000 by then? nah

School leavers could have done better - how does the 10.000 compute? That's about 7 hours per document? That's read, relax, coffee, look up anomaly in the dictionary, have a computer screen break, get ready for lunch. Have lunch, start reading again, look up purporting in dictionary, cup of tea, screen break, enter summary on computer.......
Not forgetting that there will be such documents as
"i know where she is I saw a man wiv a mustache, looking foreign, digging on the beach. . looked creepy and it was very dark....'
and
' I dream many often times, I live in Marocco, I see Maddie, she live next door to me with rich lady - they come on boat...I know name of boat'
Not to mention the thousands of Southern Spain sightings.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Empty Re: Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review

Post by sharonl 24.08.12 21:39

We should remember that the person who demanded this review (with menaces) is the person who was selling the Madeleine stories in her gutter press. If she can blackmail the Prime minister and the Home Secretary into doing something that they were against, what can she do to a few police officers nearing retirement?

Is there a review, or just a few pics of the Met in Barcelona to suit the needs of Ms Brooks?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo 24.08.12 22:20

Isn't it yet another way of syphoning money into the McCanns account?

How much does it take to keep 35 policeman and a few civillians employed for a year or two? The rest disappears.......
stumo
stumo

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.08.12 22:32

Invinoveritas wrote:Nice one Spaniel, your first sentence I agree withMet chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 847771 , but you have me caught by the shorties on your second sentence, it doesn´t rhyme for me, I have always been of the opinion that the whole case has to do with politics, British Government and the EU.
Hi Invinoveritas. As the UK's largest employer and the World's third, the NHS surely must encompass all three. Namely Politics, British Goverment and the EU.

Any damage to the NHS could affect sales to companies across the EU involving many more millions than that being spent on the "review".

By damage limitation, I mean one old duffer GP forging women's wills we can take. Four relatively young hospital doctors plus one female GP, and yes female is relative in my opinion, could seriously dent our faith in our NHS. I say "Our NHS" as it is the backbone, or core of everything we hold dear in the UK.

Swingers, Freemasons etc, nah. Far more simple, and who said "Follow the money" The money being lost orders.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 24.08.12 23:41

From the Guardian 18 August 2012 re PC Keith Blakelock:

Detectives are poised to bring murder charges over the killing of PC Keith Blakelock during the Broadwater Farm riots, it has been reported.

The suspect, who was under 18 at the time of 1985 riots, will be prosecuted over his involvement in one of Britain's most notorious unsolved murders, the Sunday Telegraph has reported.

Sources told the newspaper that after reviewing the evidence against the man, two QCs agreed there is a realistic prospect of conviction - the hurdle which investigators must clear in order to win the backing of the Crown Prosecution Service.

So two QC's have to review the evidence before the decision is taken to mount a prosecution. My guess is that two QC's have reviewed the Madeleine Mccann case and advised that there is no realistic prospect of a conviction. The Mccanns have sown enough seeds of reasonable doubt - a body or a confession or the breaking rank of one or more of the Tapas 7 or whoever will be needed. Don't forget the electoral cycle. The bad government doesn't want to be seen to be prosecuting the poor innocent Mccanns in court in the run up to a general election! Better to 'kick it into the long grass'. Have a review. Have a review of the review.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 25.08.12 8:24

aiyoyo wrote:All I want to know is whether the Met Chief trusts the dog, and what he's going to do about it? Is he going to qualify that in the report or not?

Usually Police complain about tight budget hampering their work, but in this exceptional case it is the reverse way round. Police are in fact concerned about the open cheque without time frame limit, so could it be they already fear not being able to justify to the taxpayers over this expenditure. Since when Police complain about over budget if they are going to deliver what ever it takes to deliver.

I think the policy would be to leave that for last, so in fact they will never get to the real evidence. Didn't Redwood also mention the psychics' sightings? That seems pretty much the last resort to me, well after weighing up the evidence that made them arguidos in the first place.

The review will have to finish before they even touch the incriminating evidence - clear conscience for SY, Cameron et al..... endless sightings and speculations for the press.
Madeleine will and in fact already is a fall-back resource for headline news when either something needs to be covered up or there simply is no news and the sales figures have to be boosted. :bad:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.08.12 9:05

Spaniel wrote: [...]
Four relatively young hospital doctors plus one female GP, and yes female is relative in my opinion, could seriously dent our faith in our NHS. I say "Our NHS" as it is the backbone, or core of everything we hold dear in the UK.

Swingers, Freemasons etc, nah. Far more simple, and who said "Follow the money" The money being lost orders.
This reminds me of a discussion with my old Maman back in 2007 re "Follow the Money", when she said not only to look at who can gain, but also at who can lose a lot ...

She's meanwhile turned 94 and still wants regular updates on the case. And she's still prepared to pay folding money to have the odious two at my kitchen table and ask some pertinent questions ... titter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.08.12 10:16

From the Telegraph..........

Yard chief suggests Madeleine probe may be wound down

Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, has indicated that the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann may be wound down.

By Telegraph reporters

3:21PM BST 24 Aug 2012

Scotland Yard is to ask David Cameron whether the Government will continue to fund the inquiry into the missing child, who was last seen in her parents' holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.

The Met opened a new inquiry, Operation Grange, 15 months ago at the request of Mr Cameron. The Government has provided an 'open cheque' into the review of the case. The inquiry has 28 homicide detectives and seven civilian staff working full-time and is thought to have cost £2.5m so far.

Mr Hogan-Howe is asking for a new commitment on financing the investigation, in comments that suggest there may be a limit on how long the police are willing to spend on the case. Previously he has said there is no limit to the time and manpower available to the probe.

He said the police are sifting through a "large cache" of documents. Portuguese police are refusing to reopen the inquiry.

Mr Hogan Howe said: "We are still reviewing a lot of material. It is a significant amount of money and we have quite a lot of officers tied up in this.

"There will be a point at which we and the Government will want to make a decision about what the likely outcome is.

"The Prime Minister agreed to fund this. We have not had any pressure to say you must stop spending more than x amount, we have received a lot of support. But by Christmas I would want a very clear view of what work is outstanding and what time line there is for that," the London Evening Standard quoted Mr Hogan-Howe as saying.

This year Det Chief Insp Redwood, who is leading the inquiry, said he believed Madeleine had been abducted by a stranger and could be alive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9497581/Yard-chief-suggests-Madeleine-probe-may-be-wound-down.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.08.12 10:45

Just a reminder of what Andy Redwood said on Panorama 'The Last Hope'

So far, the review has cost taxpayers two million pounds. Officers have made two trips to Spain and visited Portugal four times, most recently last week. As Madeleine disappeared in Portugal, Portuguese police remain the lead agency and DCI Redwood and his team report to a team in Porto. But in one exchange in his interview with Panorama, he says that his team in Central London aims to solve the mystery.

“We are here in terms of seeking to bring closure to the case. That would be the ultimate objective and is our ultimate objective.”

Richard Bilton: “What does that mean?”

DCI Redwood: “Well closure means establishing what has happened to Madeleine McCann.”

RB: “Solving it?”

DCI Redwood: “Yes, solving it, of course.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/panorama-maddie.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 25.08.12 12:36

What an absolute cop out. Scotland Yard's finest must be the laughing stock of the world. Almost £3m to come up with 'Madeleine is either dead or alive'.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 25.08.12 13:25

Cristobell wrote: What an absolute cop out. Scotland Yard's finest must be the laughing stock of the world. Almost £3m to come up with 'Madeleine is either dead or alive'.

I couldn't agree more.

And when you think of the more productive work these officers could have been doing.....

And the articles on this saying the Portuguese police will not re-open the case implying they are not co-operating with SY. This is how team McCann will spin the end of the SY review - that reluctantly they agree that no more taxpayers money can be spent given no progress can ultimately be made due to those nasty unco-operative sardine munchers.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 25.08.12 13:29

Cristobell wrote: What an absolute cop out. Scotland Yard's finest must be the laughing stock of the world. Almost £3m to come up with 'Madeleine is either dead or alive'.

Oh dear yes. I think we could all have told them that for nothing.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.08.12 14:20

So they're nearly done with the 196 fresh leads then and still haven't found the man in the cave?

They should have known following the dogs nose is way to go!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 25.08.12 14:37

aiyoyo wrote:So they're nearly done with the 196 fresh leads then and still haven't found the man in the cave?

They should have known following the dogs nose is way to go!

I wonder how they will explain the findings of Eddie and Keela.......................away?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 25.08.12 14:39

At least it wasn't front page news, way down the page and they're 'no longer accepting comments'. But no comments are shown, one wonders if they were mostly displeasing to TM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 25.08.12 16:29

I wonder if the review will now fizzle out? I don't see how they can solve it without a lot of very red faces.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.08.12 2:46

Redwood mentioned that Madeleine is either alive or dead, so if the review runs out of money and is brought to a halt, is he in fact saying that although he believes there is a 50% chance Madeleine was abducted and may be alive, she will have to stay with the people who are hopefully “treating her like a Princess” until she may be found at the age of 18 or so. Therefore the McCanns can carry on topping up their “Fund” for the next 5, 10, 15, 20 years with more book sales, fun runs, TV appearances (God help us all if that happens) under the guise of using it in the “search” for Madeleine, because the Met have given up on the case.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.08.12 7:14

As they've only got through 25% of the paperwork Redwood should never have concluded from incomplete evidence that Maddie could well be alive and actively worked together with the parents to create yet another age advanced picture. A picture moreover which was also - according to Kate - partly the work of the twins who decided she didn't look old enough so it was aged slightly more. As if they could know!

The material presented by Redwood leant strongly to Maddie being alive, being mentioned first, the work and expense of making up an age advanced photograph gives weight to that theory. Only at the end of his account we hear that 'sadly she could be dead'.
This possibility is shoved right at the back of the presentation and the 'aliveness' of Maddie is right at the top of the agenda.

It's quite interesting that the latest Maddie story in the DM was not on the front page and on the website comments were blocked. They're learning - perhaps they can't afford the half dozen or so moderators who have to check the comments and whoosh what percentage? 80% is my guess.

Back to top Go down

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Empty 64.73% of the Review as yet uncompleted

Post by Tony Bennett 26.08.12 7:37

tigger wrote:As they've only got through 25% of the paperwork Redwood should never have concluded from incomplete evidence that Maddie could well be alive...
Yes, by my calculations, if the Scotland Yard Review Team is proceeding at the rate of 25% of the paperwork per year, then by today (26 August), their review is only 35.27% complete - that is, barely one-third. Could the Met Police, the government who ordered this review, and Rebekah Brooks who threatened the British Prime Minister into ordering it, ever forgive themselves if they allowed this vital review to be abandoned with, still, 64.73% of it incomplete?

Every single precious day allows this team of experienced (i.e. mostly within a year of two of retirement) officers to complete their penetrating analysis of another invaluable 0.069% of the documentation, plus go on any more taxpayer-funded trips to Oporto and Barcelona that may be required.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 26.08.12 7:42

Newintown wrote:Redwood mentioned that Madeleine is either alive or dead, so if the review runs out of money and is brought to a halt, is he in fact saying that although he believes there is a 50% chance Madeleine was abducted and may be alive, she will have to stay with the people who are hopefully “treating her like a Princess” until she may be found at the age of 18 or so. Therefore the McCanns can carry on topping up their “Fund” for the next 5, 10, 15, 20 years with more book sales, fun runs, TV appearances (God help us all if that happens) under the guise of using it in the “search” for Madeleine, because the Met have given up on the case.

Yes, if this review ends inconclusively (which looks more and more likely now), because of the weight of publicity given by Redwood to the possibility of Madeleine still being alive, it would only achieve one thing - to legitimise the Fund and give it an added impetus it needs.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 26.08.12 8:51

It's a war of attrition which has already been going on for more than 5 years and looks set to continue until every sceptic has been forced out of the game, given up, or passed away. The latest move by the head of the Met to force closure on behalf of the family shouldn't surprise anyone.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.08.12 9:00

Cameron has to commit extra funds to this review, he has no choice, otherwise what was the point. You cannot allow an investigation/review to be only and third of the way through, what on earth would be the point of that. Why start it in the first place, you may as well just burn 3.5 million. I am sure it would cause an absolute furore amongst many MP's, and the public etc. if it was seen that this money had just been thrown away without anywhere nearing a conclusion. Do the police investigating case suddenly stop investigating because they have run out of money?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 26.08.12 9:28

Isn't the answer to this financial dilemma for the Fund to cough up some cash for the SY review to continue. Surely better for these (presumably) experienced and competent detectives to continue the search rather than Kate and Gerry pick more dodgy detectives?

Only problem is, where is all the money from the book as the big advance didn't appear to be in the Fund accounts. Might need a lot of detective work to find the book money before SY can continue the search.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.08.12 10:43

From Joana Morais, some very good comments at the end of this article.............

English police willing to abandon Madeleine McCann investigation

25 August 2012 | Posted by astroLeave a Comment

Met chief calls for decision on funding of Madeleine McCann review - Page 2 Gerry%252BMcCann%252BKate%252BGerry%252BMcCann%252BHold%252BNews%252BConference
by Márcia Oliveira

The Chief Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police has suggested that the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine is exhausted.

Bernard Hogan-Howe, chief commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, also known as Scotland Yard, will question the British Prime Minister, David Cameron, if he is going to continue to fund the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

For over a year, Scotland Yard has been re-investigating the case at the request of Cameron. According to British newspaper "The Telegraph", the operation involved 28 homicide detectives and seven civilians. And so far, the new investigation has cost the state 2.5 million pounds (3.1 million euros).

Now, Hogan-Howe prepares to ask for a new commitment on investigation funding, in comments that suggest there may be a limit on how much time the police are willing to spend on the case.

"We are still reviewing all of the material. It is a significant amount of money and we have several employees attached in this case", he said, noting that "there will be a time when the government will have to make a decision" - that is, whether or not it wants to continue with the operation.

"The prime minister agreed to fund this investigation. We have not had any kind of limit on the money that we spend, we have received a lot of support," said Hogan-Howe, quoted by British newspaper "London Evening Standard". However, the chief commissioner of police states that "until Christmas I would like to see very clearly what work is needed and how long we will have to do it."

In April this year, Andy Redwood, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Division at Scotland Yard, said he believed Madeleine McCann was abducted by a stranger and could be alive. "We sincerely believe that there is a possibility of her being alive", he stated.

Madeleine McCann disappeared five years ago in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, when sleeping alone with her younger twin siblings, while their parents dined at a restaurant near the apartment they had rented.

The case was investigated for 14 months by the Portuguese Judicial Police, having been filed without results.

In May last year, the English executive decided to fund all the steps of a new investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine. "The government hopes that Scotland Yard can bring a new perspective to the case and will provide the necessary financial support for this", an official State communication stated.

At the time, David Cameron wrote a letter to Kate and Gerry McCann, parents of Madeleine, promising them that he would try to help find her.

The McCann couple, who were made arguidos by the Portuguese judicial authorities in July 2007, continues to blame the Portuguese police for not solving the case.

in: ionline, 25.08.2012

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/08/english-police-willing-to-abandon.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.08.12 12:29

Tony Bennett wrote:
tigger wrote:As they've only got through 25% of the paperwork Redwood should never have concluded from incomplete evidence that Maddie could well be alive...
Yes, by my calculations, if the Scotland Yard Review Team is proceeding at the rate of 25% of the paperwork per year, then by today (26 August), their review is only 35.27% complete - that is, barely one-third. Could the Met Police, the government who ordered this review, and Rebekah Brooks who threatened the British Prime Minister into ordering it, ever forgive themselves if they allowed this vital review to be abandoned with, still, 64.73% of it incomplete?

Every single precious day allows this team of experienced (i.e. mostly within a year of two of retirement) officers to complete their penetrating analysis of another invaluable 0.069% of the documentation, plus go on any more taxpayer-funded trips to Oporto and Barcelona that may be required.

Surely a productive and efficient police force must know that the crucial evidence is to be found within 5 to at most 20 % of the documents, have those analyzed first, and from there if necessary expand to look at a wider scope, and not waste time looking at every thing in chronological order just for the sake of it.

I suspect in so far as the Portugal cooperation goes they effort was only in releasing the files to Mets but there was no joint review per se.
Joint review is an idea sold to us by the British media. Far as I know the Portuguese side has never ever confirmed the joint review. If there was a joint review it's joint only in the sense each side was doing their own review independent of each other. Each doing their own thing.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top