The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

ROBERT MURAT: Should he be 'left alone'?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your views on Robert Murat...which of these statements is closest to your views about him?

15% 15% 
[ 5 ]
47% 47% 
[ 16 ]
38% 38% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 34

Re: ROBERT MURAT: Should he be 'left alone'?

Post by Olive_Boyle on 22.08.12 1:21

That's why I haven't bothered to give my point of view on the list of questions raised. I feel it pointless really.

And yes you are right they are his choices.

Sometimes when I'm dealing with a problem and so locked up in having a certain view of something I like to ask my Mum what she thinks and it helps me take a step back and review my actions.

Maybe I am just trying to get Tony to think about his with all good intentions.

Olive_Boyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.08.12 7:05

Well Tony et al, it seems Clarence's explanation also covers Murat - there will be a wholly innocent explanation for what the police have found or are going to find in the future. At least for a number of the posters here.

Imo , Murat got in deeper than he expected and certainly wasn't in the loop much earlier than the 28th April.
His services were required by the McCanns but he never thought he'd be in danger of being pointed out as the abductor. That must have come as a surprise.
His lawyer Paragete may have advised him to go along with the whole thing. PJ would not find anything because there was nothing to find.

Murat did go along with the whole thing - and was rewarded with more cash than even the McCanns who got 550.000 in march 08 from the Express Group. Murat got 600.000 and his friends each about a 100.000.
I've always thought that that is the reason Kate still hates Murat. He had to do so little for that reward and they had to do so much....

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Murat PLACED himself right at the centre

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 7:47

tcat wrote:
@jd wrote:The fact Robert Murat did have discrepancies and changes to his statements should give you cause for suspicion. If he spoke the truth he would't need to change and suddenly remember things
I feel it's easy for us to be critical, but Murat found himself right in the centre of an extraordinary situation, with a huge media presence on his doorstep. Who knows how we would react under that pressure if we were suddenly a suspect in such a massive case? I know how I think I would react - I'd panic and my answers would be all over the place. I might tell lies too in my panic. None of us can appreciate the situation he was in I think.

tcat wrote: "...but Murat found himself right in the centre..."

REPLY: No he didn't. He deliberately placed himself right in the centre by volunteering to translate - and with his actions whilst translating...(see also below report by Inspector Varanda, translated by Pamalam)

Service Information document dated 11 May 2007 from Inspector Pedro Varanda relating to an informal conversation with Robert Murat

As you will know, Sir, on this day at 11h30, there appeared before the undersigned and (lady) Inspector Patricia Duarte, a British citizen called Diane Webster, holder of UK passport XXXXXXX, in order to hear her witness statement.

In the course of an informal approach that preceeded that work, it was determined that she was not conversant in Portuguese, written or spoken, and the service of an English-speaking interpreter was therefore called for.

In this function appeared a British citizen, Robert J.Q.E. Murat (duly identified in the files from previous work), official resident of Casa Liliana, Rua Ramalhete, Praia da Luz, Lagos.

The work
[the DW interview] being concluded, and during an informal conversation that the undersigned began with that interpreter (as would be characteristic in this type of situation), Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

As an example, it will be proper to point out that he has insistently and repeatedly questioned me about the identity of possible suspects, about the strategy outlined by the lead coordinator of the investigation and the work that might possibly have been considered for the coming days.
Before
[faced with] such an attitude, that was so unusual and absolutely inappropriate that I immediately became highly suspicious, I always countered [ducked the questions], insistently requesting that person to be aware of the contractual duties pertaining to the role which he has assumed in this investigation, pointing out that it was presently the inquiry phase, and, naturally, covered by judicial secrecy.

It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces
[items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own consultation [hunch], in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview.

Finally, and in the sense of reiterating the suspicious attitude shown by Robert Murat, I venture still to state that, beyond having manifested an enormous knowledge about the dynamics inherent in the functioning of the "Ocean Club Garden" (in which the events under investigation had taken place) and of the routines followed by the McCann family and their companions during their respective stays in in Praia da Luz, he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation, suggesting various analyses the agreement with which [i.e. had they agreed to follow those suggested lines of inquiry] could be intended to impute the consummation of the present illegal act
[the missing child] to foreign third parties [i.e. to put the blame on, or to attribute the blame to, outside foreigners].

The above being exposed
[laid bare] - and without intending in any way to place in question the competence of the above individual, nor the slightest imputation that that [my suspicions] was what he wanted to be [actually intended to do] - I have to bring the above incidents to your attention, in order for you to determine what may be appropriate.11 May 2007

Inspector Pedro Varanda

++++++++++

tcat wrote: "Who knows how we would react under pressure if we were suddenly a suspect in a massive case? I know how I would react - I'd panic and my answers would be all over the place. I might tell lies too in my panic...

REPLY: Only if you needed to hide something. Why exactly did he have to lie so many times about where he was...in connection with a desperate hunt for a missing child?

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A step back

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 7:49

@Olive_Boyle wrote:That's why I haven't bothered to give my point of view on the list of questions raised. I feel it pointless really.

And yes you are right they are his choices.

Sometimes when I'm dealing with a problem and so locked up in having a certain view of something I like to ask my Mum what she thinks and it helps me take a step back and review my actions.

So have you consulted her yet about your views on Murat?

Maybe I am just trying to get Tony to think about his with all good intentions.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alarm-clock to check-in in 30 minutes flat

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 8:02

@Miraflores wrote:
His sister Samantha took him to the airport to catch the 7.00am flight.
Murat must have been up and about at not long after 4.00am that morning
to get up, travel by car to the airport and check in etc.

Hmm, no, Exeter is a small airport not far from the city. I used to live there and have flown from there a number of times. A six o'clock check in for a seven o'clock flight would be ample, in my experience. So Murat could probably have slept until 5.30.
Well, alarm clock rings 5.30am, Murat gets out of bed in one minute, straight to the bathroom, five-minute wash, gets his clothes on, say another 3-5 minutes, meanwhile his sister has woken up and has made him a slice of toast and coffee, say 5 minutes to eat and drink those, then collects his luggage, puts it into the boot of his sister's car, by now we're between 5.45 and 5.50, 10-minute drive to the airport, set down at the drop-off point, 1- or 2-minute walk to the check-in...and he's made it by 6am. Probably falls to sleep on the airplane since he's been up until 1am booking his flight. Or stays awake thinking about his meetings later that day with Sergei Malinka, Michaela Walczuk, his lawyer Francisco Pagarete, and Snr Jorge and his two sons

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.08.12 8:07

I hadn't read that report before, although I knew about it. So Murat appears to have been well briefed on his duties by TM.
I would think it's a bad idea to tell any police in whatever country how to do their job and where to look. That's just what they're trained not to do.

Murat probably over-egged the pudding and I'm now convinced he was shopped by TM to shut him up. He'd have given them away some way or other. Via Paragete various messages would have been passed to him re eventual compensation. The certain knowledge that there was no useable evidence against him must have made it easier for Murat to carry on as arguido.
I would not be surprised if the press were fed the 'dirt' on Murat by TM or CM. The more dirt the greater the compensation. Which might explain the paltry amount the T7 got.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.08.12 8:30

@sharonl wrote:Setting aside Robert Murats' own behaviour for a moment, there are a few more burning questions

1. Why did Jane Tanner move away from bundleman as the person that she allegedly saw that night and formerly identify Robert Murat instead?

Yes, especially her egg-faced bundleman bears no resemble whatsoever to stocky and specky Murat. They are chalk and cheese apart.

2. Why were we then informed that Murat had a double who was at the Ocean club that night, but not informed that the double was a relative of his and of David Symington, co-owner of the Ocean Club.

3. Why did the McCanns benefactor Brian Kennedy meet with this man who was suspected of abducting the child that he was funding the search for?

It seems to me that Murat took the focus away from the McCanns for a few days (created a few news stories) and promptly cleared his name by putting a look-a-like in the picture. He was suitably compensated for his troubles later.

If someone was arrested on suspicion of abducting a child that you knew would you hold a meeting with him and his lawyers? Or would you let the police investigate?
s
Mccanns' friends turned his life upside making it hell for him and his family (according to him), yet he was happy to go and meet mccanns' ardent supporter, how bizzare!
Why not just report interfering BK to the investigators?
Why didn't he sue the Lady trio to get back justice? He sued the papers which isn't the same as getting justice from the trio who set him up..
Surely he would want to find out in Court why they set him up NO, surely it is not about monetary compensation which he got from the Press?
Ask yourself would you let off people who framed you after the hell you and your family were subjected to?
There is no doubt in mind he made a deal with BK.

There is something really fishy about all this.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.12 10:34

@Tony Bennett wrote:
tcat wrote:
@jd wrote:The fact Robert Murat did have discrepancies and changes to his statements should give you cause for suspicion. If he spoke the truth he would't need to change and suddenly remember things
I feel it's easy for us to be critical, but Murat found himself right in the centre of an extraordinary situation, with a huge media presence on his doorstep. Who knows how we would react under that pressure if we were suddenly a suspect in such a massive case? I know how I think I would react - I'd panic and my answers would be all over the place. I might tell lies too in my panic. None of us can appreciate the situation he was in I think.

tcat wrote: "...but Murat found himself right in the centre..."

REPLY: No he didn't. He deliberately placed himself right in the centre by volunteering to translate - and with his actions whilst translating...(see also below report by Inspector Varanda, translated by Pamalam)

Service Information document dated 11 May 2007 from Inspector Pedro Varanda relating to an informal conversation with Robert Murat

As you will know, Sir, on this day at 11h30, there appeared before the undersigned and (lady) Inspector Patricia Duarte, a British citizen called Diane Webster, holder of UK passport XXXXXXX, in order to hear her witness statement.

In the course of an informal approach that preceeded that work, it was determined that she was not conversant in Portuguese, written or spoken, and the service of an English-speaking interpreter was therefore called for.

In this function appeared a British citizen, Robert J.Q.E. Murat (duly identified in the files from previous work), official resident of Casa Liliana, Rua Ramalhete, Praia da Luz, Lagos.

The work
[the DW interview] being concluded, and during an informal conversation that the undersigned began with that interpreter (as would be characteristic in this type of situation), Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

As an example, it will be proper to point out that he has insistently and repeatedly questioned me about the identity of possible suspects, about the strategy outlined by the lead coordinator of the investigation and the work that might possibly have been considered for the coming days.
Before
[faced with] such an attitude, that was so unusual and absolutely inappropriate that I immediately became highly suspicious, I always countered [ducked the questions], insistently requesting that person to be aware of the contractual duties pertaining to the role which he has assumed in this investigation, pointing out that it was presently the inquiry phase, and, naturally, covered by judicial secrecy.

It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces
[items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own consultation [hunch], in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview.

Finally, and in the sense of reiterating the suspicious attitude shown by Robert Murat, I venture still to state that, beyond having manifested an enormous knowledge about the dynamics inherent in the functioning of the "Ocean Club Garden" (in which the events under investigation had taken place) and of the routines followed by the McCann family and their companions during their respective stays in in Praia da Luz, he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation, suggesting various analyses the agreement with which [i.e. had they agreed to follow those suggested lines of inquiry] could be intended to impute the consummation of the present illegal act
[the missing child] to foreign third parties [i.e. to put the blame on, or to attribute the blame to, outside foreigners].

The above being exposed
[laid bare] - and without intending in any way to place in question the competence of the above individual, nor the slightest imputation that that [my suspicions] was what he wanted to be [actually intended to do] - I have to bring the above incidents to your attention, in order for you to determine what may be appropriate.11 May 2007

Inspector Pedro Varanda

++++++++++

tcat wrote: "Who knows how we would react under pressure if we were suddenly a suspect in a massive case? I know how I would react - I'd panic and my answers would be all over the place. I might tell lies too in my panic...

REPLY: Only if you needed to hide something. Why exactly did he have to lie so many times about where he was...in connection with a desperate hunt for a missing child?
Tony, I know you're well aware of the content of the documents included in your Case Files : Volume 1. The final report of Inspector Carlos particularly. He said:

"Despite an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under investigation."

That ought to be good enough for us. If we do not trust that conclusion, logically we also shouldn't trust the suspicions about the McCanns and their friends the report makes very clear.

It's not logical to trust the PJ on one and not the other. Either both, or none, and I trust them on both.

You asked why Murat hasn't taken action against the individuals who identified him, and seem to think that is grounds for suspicion. You may also be thinking the same applies to him not taking action against you. Logically it's just as easy to take the view that he hasn't taken action because he has no involvement in Madeleine's disappearance to hide, whereas the people who have taken action do. I can't state that to be a fact, nobody can, but there's a big difference between Murat and the McCanns legally. He can point to the final PJ report, which does exonerate him, while the McCanns can't. Murat may feel that is enough for him.

It ought to be enough for us. If we don't trust that document it undermines our trust in Mr Amaral and his former colleagues who gave evidence in support of him in court.

Back to top Go down

The debate with tcat - CLOSED

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 10:47

tcat wrote:[Tony, I know you're well aware of the content of the documents included in your Case Files : Volume 1. The final report of Inspector Carlos particularly. He said:

"Despite an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under investigation."

That ought to be good enough for us...
That's your one, stock, oft-repeated answer to virtually every single issue that I and others have raised in relation to all the actions by and around Robert Murat.

I would like to give you credit, indeed much credit, for unearthing that quote, as it is a simple and effective way of shutting down all discussion about the many concerns re his involvement.

Whatever concerns I or others may raise re Murat, you will always respond, parrot-like, by quoting the same sentence from Inspector Carlos ad infinitum.

So let us part on amicable terms, as you have effectively closed the debate (so far as you are concerned, anyway).

That one sentence of Inspector Carlos may be good enough for you, tcat.

But it's not good enough for me

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:04

Ask yourself would you let off people who framed you after the hell you and your family were subjected to?

Of course not.....unless your name is robert murat and you have meetings with brian 'bulldozer' kennedy. The proof is in the pudding
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:06

Murat must have been up and about at not long after 4.00am that morning

Isn't that the time jane tanner got a call on her mobile?

Who would be phoning her at this ungodly hour of the morning whilst she was on holiday?
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.12 11:07

@Tony Bennett wrote:
tcat wrote:[Tony, I know you're well aware of
the content of the documents included in your Case Files : Volume 1. The
final report of Inspector Carlos particularly. He said:

"Despite
an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those
close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under
investigation."

That ought to be good enough for
us...
That's your one, stock, oft-repeated answer to virtually
every single issue that I and others have raised in relation to all the
actions by and around Robert Murat.

I would like to give you
credit, indeed much credit, for unearthing that quote, as it is a simple
and effective way of shutting down all discussion about the many
concerns re his involvement.

Whatever concerns I or others may
raise re Murat, you will always respond, parrot-like, by quoting the
same sentence from Inspector Carlos ad infinitum.

So let us part on amicable terms, as you have effectively closed the debate (so far as you are concerned, anyway).

I know it isn't, but that's my point.

It provides ammunition to our opponents if even we do not trust the Portuguese police's conclusions about Murat. They don't trust Mr Amaral, or his former colleagues, and you're saying you don't trust them either.

It's a contradictory and self-defeating stance I think Tony.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 22.08.12 11:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:
tcat wrote:[Tony, I know you're well aware of the content of the documents included in your Case Files : Volume 1. The final report of Inspector Carlos particularly. He said:

That ought to be good enough for us...
That's your one, stock, oft-repeated answer to virtually every single issue that I and others have raised in relation to all the actions by and around Robert Murat.

I would like to give you credit, indeed much credit, for unearthing that quote, as it is a simple and effective way of shutting down all discussion about the many concerns re his involvement.

Whatever concerns I or others may raise re Murat, you will always respond, parrot-like, by quoting the same sentence from Inspector Carlos ad infinitum.

Just to add my two-penneth worth, it's also good enough for me Tony as things currently stand. I have no intention of shutting down debate on Murat. I intend to continue responding to posts as I see fit. It's debate!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:15

Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

Before [faced with] such an attitude, that was so unusual and absolutely inappropriate that I immediately became highly suspicious, I always countered [ducked the questions], insistently requesting that person to be aware of the contractual duties pertaining to the role which he has assumed in this investigation, pointing out that it was presently the inquiry phase, and, naturally, covered by judicial secrecy.

It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces [items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own consultation [hunch], in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview.

This was his role in the coverup imo. This is what he had previous experience in doing, translating for the police

Planted to keep abreast of the informations the police investigation were gathering to report back to his masters, whom imo were the Symingtons. They seemed to be pulling all the strings

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:24

Who knows how we would react under pressure if we were suddenly a suspect in a massive case? I know how I would react - I'd panic and my answers would be all over the place. I might tell lies too in my panic...

To a simple question: ‘Where did you have lunch that day?’

Murat said: ‘With Michaela at the Galp service station on the motorway’.

Michaela said: ‘We had lunch with the da Silvas at the Restaurant Antonio at Porto Mos’…

…while Jorge da Silva said: ‘They took me to a Golf Club for a meeting and I didn’t get any lunch at all’.

In her second statement, Michaela told the police that she now remembered that she and Murat had had lunch at the Galp service station after all. She had fallen into line with Murat’s story.

Again in this mccann scam we have a set of completely different answers to a rather very simple question!!! How can their answers be so so different? Why would it be panic and under pressure to simply answer where you were having lunch?just say where you were thats it!!!! No panic, no pressure...unless you were trying to cover something up that is
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Too clever by half

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 11:26

tcat wrote:...our opponents do not trust the Portuguese police's conclusions about Murat. They don't trust Mr Amaral, or his former colleagues, and you're saying you don't trust them either...
You are even cleverer than I previously thought, tcat

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 11:30

[quote="jd"]

Michaela said: ‘We had lunch with the da Silvas at the Restaurant Antonio at Porto Mos’…

…while Jorge da Silva said: ‘They took me to a Golf Club for a meeting and I didn’t get any lunch at all’.

In her second statement, Michaela told the police that she now remembered that she and Murat had had lunch at the Galp service station after all. She had fallen into line with Murat’s story.

Again in this McCann scam we have a set of completely different answers to a rather very simple question!!! How can their answers be so so different?
jd, have you forgotten something? Inspector Carlos said: "Despite an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under investigation". According to tcat and others on this thread, there's no point even discussing why these three people tied themselves in knots over what they were really doing that lunch-time

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 22.08.12 11:33

@Tony Bennett wrote: SNIP
jd, have you forgotten something? Inspector Carlos said: "Despite an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under investigation". According to tcat and others on this thread, there's no point even discussing why these three people tied themselves in knots over what they were really doing that lunch-time

Care to name who these "others" are, Tony? I certainly hope I'm not one of them.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Three venues for lunch

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.12 11:38

@ShuBob wrote:

Care to name who these "others" are, Tony? I certainly hope I'm not one of them.
No, not you, ShuBob, and I look forward to discussing with you why these three individuals gave totally different accounts of where they were for lunch that day

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 22.08.12 11:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:

No, not you, ShuBob, and I look forward to discussing with you why these three individuals gave totally different accounts of where they were for lunch that day

Thanks.

I have no idea why they gave differing accounts Tony but is it not possible that the final account they gave (whatever that may be) was accepted by the investigators?

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:43

@Tony Bennett wrote:jd, have you forgotten something? Inspector Carlos said: "Despite an exhaustive and methodical investigation into Murat and all those close to him, nothing was found to relate him to the crime under investigation". According to tcat and others on this thread, there's no point even discussing why these three people tied themselves in knots over what they were really doing that lunch-time

It doesn't mean he is not guilty of his involvement in the coverup and was not there to report back to the Symingtons. And most importantly we do have permission from 'others' on this forum that "You're all grown up people and entitled to believe what you want on this issue" so I feel able to discuss the issue winkwink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.12 11:52

[quote="Tony Bennett"]
@jd wrote:

Again in this McCann scam we have a set of completely different answers to a rather very simple question!!! How can their answers be so so different?
If you do end up back in court opposite those very competent lawyers (I sincerely hope you are able to have equality of arms btw) by not having faith in the PJ's conclusions about Murat you are yourself undermining any use you may or may not make of the the PJ's conclusions about the McCanns.

I hope you can see the point here, Tony.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.08.12 11:56

@tigger wrote:I hadn't read that report before, although I knew about it. So Murat appears to have been well briefed on his duties by TM.
I would think it's a bad idea to tell any police in whatever country how to do their job and where to look. That's just what they're trained not to do.

Murat probably over-egged the pudding and I'm now convinced he was shopped by TM to shut him up. He'd have given them away some way or other. Via Paragete various messages would have been passed to him re eventual compensation. The certain knowledge that there was no useable evidence against him must have made it easier for Murat to carry on as arguido.
I would not be surprised if the press were fed the 'dirt' on Murat by TM or CM. The more dirt the greater the compensation. Which might explain the paltry amount the T7 got.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here Tigger, except it wasn't directly for the TM or CM imo but for the Symingtons. Its the first reason I have come across of why the Tapas 9 suddenly all turned on robert murat and tried to set him up....to shut him up as they were worried he was giving them all away. Murat certainly has the character to say too much

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.08.12 11:57

Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

I
following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces [items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry.

beyond having manifested an enormous knowledge about the dynamics inherent in the functioning of the "Ocean Club Garden" ... and of the routines followed by the McCann family and their companions during their respective stays in in Praia da Luz, he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation,........... or to attribute the blame to, outside foreigners].
First time I've seen this report.
No wonder this Police Officer raised this report.
Murat over enthusiasm to find out the police strategy (none of his business anyway), plus his action of trying to glimpse papers on Officer's desk go beyond being merely nosey parker.

Just a thought, if his involvement in merely in providing Mccanns information on empty apt with freezer as well as providing them with SIMS card (just hypothetical speaking) but he wasn't involved in other aspects of the disposal, and if he'd used someone else's phone (say his girlfriend) or an unregistered throw-away PAYE for his communication with someone in mccanns group (say Jane Tanner for example) to pass onto the Mccanns, then there is a strong possibility Police questioning him about his movement will not lead to the finding of his involvement. Just a possible scenario.

Unless mobile SIMs of mccanns and T7 were confiscated from beginning stage of the investigation for analysis purposes, some evidence will slip the net.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 22.08.12 11:57

Tcat, at the risk of being labeled a naysayer, I actually agree with a lot of the points you've made on this thread.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum