The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

George Galloway attacked over Assange 'rape' comments

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Galloway attacked over Assange 'rape' comments

Post by ShuBob on 24.08.12 10:52

Unfortunately, the use of racist terms now seems acceptable to some on this forum depending on who's using them. Very sad indeed!

Each to their own but the vast majority here as far as I can see are quite measured in the language they choose to use so I hope to hang around a bit longer given the chance.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.12 11:01

Thank you ShuBob.

There will always be misunderstandings and disagreements amongst people whether online or face to face. Storming off like a spoilt brat is not the answer. It's typical troll behaviour too.

Do you know, I'd never even heard the term which is being complained of until now!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 24.08.12 11:11

Jean, I don't think it's fair to say a poster is "storming off like a spoilt brat". I also think the "troll" word is bandied about too frequently these days. Some posters spend more time reading than posting so may have observed certain behaviour over a period before coming out and posting their disaproval. Personally, I'm not one to "announce and flounce". I just flounce. Having said that, I think it's good if people want to give reasons for their departure. It's just not my style! Like I said, each to their own.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 24.08.12 11:22

Actually it had more to do with keeping a commitment Jean than storming off like a spoilt brat. Without wishing to get personal there are a few posters I wont miss either. I was not going to come back but could not let your insult go by. Which term do you not understand Islamophobia or xenophobia? One means fear or hatred of Muslims and one means hatred or fear of foreigners. There has been plenty of both on here. So I was offended. I am neither a spoiled brat or a troll and as admin will attest actually left a couple of weeks back mainly for personal reasons of serious family illness. The post I reacted to was offensive but given the nature of other posts and some of the small mindedness of a few, it was the last straw. I did ask for my details to be deleted in a pm to admin but it didnt happen. I have bren concerned about some of the views expressed and Imo rightly so. I will stay online so you can react to me in a less dismissive fasion if you wish, but let me say one thing, my user name is anil39200, anil is a name used by Asian and Arab cultures, maybe that gives you a clue as to why I may be offended.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.12 11:29

I think the emphasis of the statement, which could have been phrased a little bit more delicate, is on terrorists, not on Islam ... And I too have no sympathy for people who take the lives of innocent people with suicide attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.08.12 11:37

Let's not be nasty about terrorists.
Let us keep our abuse for people who deserve it. Like Police officers.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 24.08.12 11:43

It doesn't help when poster choose to deliberately miss the point to score points perhaps.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 24.08.12 12:04

I condemn terrorism. Bigotry is just nastiness born from ignorance.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.12 12:36

@anil39200 wrote:I condemn terrorism. Bigotry is just nastiness born from ignorance.

anil39200, I have just come online and seen your comments. I have looked at the post and I have deleted the offensive words totally improper. I hope you decide to stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 24.08.12 12:48

Thank you candyfloss. I think I will now.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.12 13:52

Some people complain about free speech when their posts are edited and others threaten to flounce if some posts aren't edited. Can't win! And some people must think that there's always someone here 24/7 monitoring what people write.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.12 14:08

I would not want to be the moderator or administrator of a forum for all the tea in China - well, maybe something stronger might change my mind.

I really did think that the phrase meant the same as ragtag or ragbag - now I know otherwise, I won't use it, not that I ever have.

I feel sure that the original post was not intended as an insult against a whole race or culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 24.08.12 18:58

My apologies.I can assure you that no racism was intended.I have no sympathetic feelings for terrorists of any race or creed.
Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Uneasy

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.08.12 19:20

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:What report, Tony?

Tigger said 'I read elsewhere'. That's hearsay, not a report, not evidence.

Lioned's post (quoted by Tigger) makes reference only to the unsavoury record of Ecuador. He references a report about Ecuador's human rights record.

So where is the evidence that suggests or proves that Assange and Wikileaks have 'whooshed' stuff in exchange for asylum please? I honestly can't believe that no-one gets what's at issue here.
ProfessorPPlum, I fully acknowledge your point in that I certainly can trace no 'report' of Wikileaks deleting anything adverse to Ecuador, though tbh I don't think there was much about Ecuador there in the first place. You are right, it was just hearsay.

Nevertheless, the mutual backslapping of this Ecuadorian discttor and violator of human rights and Assange, as shown here...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/20/world/assange-why-ecuador/index.html

...does leave one uneasy...

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 on 25.08.12 1:20

candyfloss on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Hmmm seems George Galloway has spoken out about Julian Assange and the rape case, what do you think of his comments?
_________
George Galloway's home affairs are not befitting of a politician, but then we have got used to those in the limelight doing whatever takes their fancy.
The difference with Galloway and the other imposters i,e, politicians across the globe, is that Galloway's sins are sins of the flesh, naturally he would like to think that's ok, since it is his personal life. IT IS NOT OK. If you want respect, you lead by example. Where George falls down on his personal choices, he wins hands up on his humbleness as a politician..........just take a walk back through British politics past two decades and you WILL see a pattern.
It started with Thatcher, (I applauded her back then when she broke up the unions, soon after she went haywire and I lost all respect for her). Blair was the cancer to follow, then we had Brown (much sameness), then Cameron came along..................and the pattern emerged.
There was one man, and one man only who dictated the rules, that man was Murdoch.
Way I see it Murdoch the man whose share of media rights here in the UK is akin to country's where dictatorships are the norm, a right wing Republican in USA, used his media leverage here in UK, to decide who was in and who was out.
Blair, Cameron Brown came into power by default, and it became obvious early on that Brown, to give him his dues had principles.
The Leveson enquiry was an interesting exercise, adnd a costly one at the taxpayers expense, it paints a picture that cannot ever be erased.
In regards to Galloway and the Assange angle, I totally agree with George Galloway, something stinks here.
From the little that I can gather Julian attended a conference in Sweden, both of the females who are making accusations picked Julian up through these conferences. Thes ladies invited a total stranger home to their apartment and invited him into their bed to sleep with them, both of them admit to having consensual sex with Julian. Who are these women, were they plants?
RAPE?
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.
End of the day Julian Assange whatever his personal failings, has unpaid done more than the past two generations of British politicians for the taxpayer.
And Julian our kids depend on guys like you to ensure that there is a planet for them to enjoy.

mira2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 25.08.12 8:44

@mira2 wrote:candyfloss on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Hmmm seems George Galloway has spoken out about Julian Assange and the rape case, what do you think of his comments?
_________
George Galloway's home affairs are not befitting of a politician, but then we have got used to those in the limelight doing whatever takes their fancy.
The difference with Galloway and the other imposters i,e, politicians across the globe, is that Galloway's sins are sins of the flesh, naturally he would like to think that's ok, since it is his personal life. IT IS NOT OK. If you want respect, you lead by example. Where George falls down on his personal choices, he wins hands up on his humbleness as a politician..........just take a walk back through British politics past two decades and you WILL see a pattern.
It started with Thatcher, (I applauded her back then when she broke up the unions, soon after she went haywire and I lost all respect for her). Blair was the cancer to follow, then we had Brown (much sameness), then Cameron came along..................and the pattern emerged.
There was one man, and one man only who dictated the rules, that man was Murdoch.
Way I see it Murdoch the man whose share of media rights here in the UK is akin to country's where dictatorships are the norm, a right wing Republican in USA, used his media leverage here in UK, to decide who was in and who was out.
Blair, Cameron Brown came into power by default, and it became obvious early on that Brown, to give him his dues had principles.
The Leveson enquiry was an interesting exercise, adnd a costly one at the taxpayers expense, it paints a picture that cannot ever be erased.
In regards to Galloway and the Assange angle, I totally agree with George Galloway, something stinks here.
From the little that I can gather Julian attended a conference in Sweden, both of the females who are making accusations picked Julian up through these conferences. Thes ladies invited a total stranger home to their apartment and invited him into their bed to sleep with them, both of them admit to having consensual sex with Julian. Who are these women, were they plants?
RAPE?
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.
End of the day Julian Assange whatever his personal failings, has unpaid done more than the past two generations of British politicians for the taxpayer.
And Julian our kids depend on guys like you to ensure that there is a planet for them to enjoy.

mira2 wave
Very good post and I agree with you and George Galloway something here stinks regarding Julian Assange rape allegations ?
jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum