The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann- bald man in playground

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann- bald man in playground

Post by Verdi on 02.03.18 15:32

@Phoebe wrote:. I too wonder about this assured claim that the couple in the photo is the Boyds?

I quite agree, there is no reason to assume it's Mr and Mrs Boyd in the playground photograph.  Any more than there's any reason to assume the woman next to the buggy is the partner of the bald man.

The issue of photographs has become a major distraction.  The only important images in the public domain as regards significance with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are the two playground images, the image showing Madeleine clutching tennis balls, the poolside image and possibly the image showing Madeleine wearing make-up, if indeed that image was taken during the holiday in Portugal.  I have my doubts on the latter as I can't see any occasion and/or opportunity for Madeleine to have been made-up for a photoshoot.

The few images are only of importance in attempting to determine when Madeleine 'disappeared'.  Two undeniable facts are at hand - Madeleine arrived at the Ocean Club with her family on Saturday 28th April 2008 and Kate McCann raised the alarm at approximately 10:00 pm Thursday 3rd May 2007.  

It's like a sandwich of wholemeal bread filled with spam.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 02.03.18 15:39

Looks like it came from here and is just Keesh’s opinion:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Keesh.htm

I can find nothing to confirm this theory at the moment.

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 02.03.18 16:22

Just an observation of the Boyds? 

In the playground photo, This lady is carrying a small child you can see one arm (sleeve in lilac or blue) and a hand across her left shoulder...( in front of her obscured at the side is what I believe is another child, you can see a shoe) the Boyds in the article show two children, yet the arm hand looks too large for it to be the babies... does anyone else see this? . 

Hideho mentioned Mr Boyd looking a similar size to Mrs Boyd and him ( if it is him) appearing much taller in the playground photo .. I don't think it is the angle , I do think he appears taller....... neither do I believe a hundred percent it's the Boyds in the playground, I would need further evidence to convince.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 02.03.18 18:14

@HiDeHo wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:@HiDeHo. I too wonder about this assured claim that the couple in the photo is the Boyds? The pair pictured have similar hair styles and colouring however, both these details are common to many others. Their faces are not visible. It could be anyone! IMO it is premature to state this is the Boyds without hard proof - which cannot exist due to us not seeing their faces and not knowing what the many other guests or visitors looked like.

Personally, the Boyds are not credible.  Their article does not seem to be believable as far as their 'connection' with Maddie.

I cannot find them on the list of guests at OC, though I haven't looked in detail.

I asked about the people in the photo being of the Boyds as I don't recall seeing anything to suport that.  Did I miss it?

It's SO important to not speculate as it can so easily turn into a myth which can sometimes get out of hand.  However if there IS reason to think it's them them, although I doubt of any importance it's handy to note.

Looking at the photo of them standing together, Mrs Boyd seems taller than Mr Boyd, though that could be the camera angle.

I am still interested where this belief originated.

I agree.
I have always believed that it was the Boyds on the Playground photo but now when you posted the photo when the Boyds is standing up you can see that the man on the playground photo is much taller than the woman.
Jason Boyd leans back a bit on the beach photo but I don't think it's enough to reach the same height as the man in the playground photo.
Imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 02.03.18 20:42

@Doug D wrote:Looks like it came from here and is just Keesh’s opinion:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Keesh.htm

I can find nothing to confirm this theory at the moment.

More discussion on the Boyd family here https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11921p50-was-madeleine-seen-after-sunday

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonbutter on 03.03.18 0:38

@Verdi,

"The issue of photographs has become a major distraction."

"The few images are only of importance in attempting to determine when Madeleine 'disappeared'."

"It's like a sandwich of wholemeal bread filled with spam."

Really Verdi??

Thanks for putting me off ever posting again.

I wish everyone the best.

RIP sweet Maddie

lemonbutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.03.18 1:11

@lemonbutter wrote:@Verdi,

"The issue of photographs has become a major distraction."

"The few images are only of importance in attempting to determine when Madeleine 'disappeared'."

"It's like a sandwich of wholemeal bread filled with spam."

Really Verdi??

Thanks for putting me off ever posting again.

I wish everyone the best.

RIP sweet Maddie

Quelle?

@Verdi wrote:The issue of photographs has become a major distraction. The only important images in the public domain as regards significance with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are the two playground images, the image showing Madeleine clutching tennis balls, the poolside image and possibly the image showing Madeleine wearing make-up, if indeed that image was taken during the holiday in Portugal. I have my doubts on the latter as I can't see any occasion and/or opportunity for Madeleine to have been made-up for a photoshoot.

The few images are only of importance in attempting to determine when Madeleine 'disappeared'. Two undeniable facts are at hand - Madeleine arrived at the Ocean Club with her family on Saturday 28th April 2008 and Kate McCann raised the alarm at approximately 10:00 pm Thursday 3rd May 2007.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 9:13

@Verdi wrote:
The issue of photographs has become a major distraction.  The only important images in the public domain as regards significance with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are the two playground images, the image showing Madeleine clutching tennis balls, the poolside image and possibly the image showing Madeleine wearing make-up, if indeed that image was taken during the holiday in Portugal.  I have my doubts on the latter as I can't see any occasion and/or opportunity for Madeleine to have been made-up for a photoshoot.

The few images are only of importance in attempting to determine when Madeleine 'disappeared'.  Two undeniable facts are at hand - Madeleine arrived at the Ocean Club with her family on Saturday 28th April 2008 and Kate McCann raised the alarm at approximately 10:00 pm Thursday 3rd May 2007.  

Amen, Mr Verdi. Just about anyone breathing, interested in the McDebacle, have gone over every picture in minute detail a gazillion times. Yet none of them, which have Madeleine in them, can yield an inviolate time and date of capture. 
The 'Lolita' picture is a matter of "why the hell would you release that?" in a missing child campaign.
Inappropriate, given the kind of creature the Mcs reckon 'abducted' her.
The tennis balls picture location has been disputed as to whether it was taken in Luz or back in the UK, too.

Unfortunately, the 'stills' we have, are, at best, ambiguous as to date taken and sometimes location.
I find the most useful pictures to be those from the Easter trip to Donegal that April in 2007 used in comparison/conjunction with the Luz ones to help match up Maddie's height, hair etc and the size of the twins.
But that's it. Because still shots are a snap of a fleeting moment, either side of which a whole host of machinations and undertakings are being enacted. We have no "hands in the till" pictures.

To conclude, I would contend that the "last photo" was more likely nearer being the first photo. And all that can help suggest is the day of MBM's disappearance/"abduction" was not 10pm May 3rd.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.03.18 12:27

@Mark Willis wrote:To conclude, I would contend that the "last photo" was more likely nearer being the first photo. And all that can help suggest is the day of MBM's disappearance/"abduction" was not 10pm May 3rd.
To me, there lies the key, the most important factor to unlocking the mystery - the first and last photograph of Madeleine McCann.

Of all the compelling indicatives, the absence of Madeleine photographs stands above all else.  For the umpteenth time, families on holiday take scores of photographs (more so than ever in this age of digital photography and mobile phones) so where are they?

It could be argued that additional photographs weren't of interest to the investigation so wouldn't be published (or to be more precise, none of our business) - but I'm not in the mood for argument so that's that out the window.  If any persuasive argument is to be considered I believe this is it - no photographs!  Not only Madeleine but the twins and the parents - it's just not normal.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 13:12

@Verdi wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:To conclude, I would contend that the "last photo" was more likely nearer being the first photo. And all that can help suggest is the day of MBM's disappearance/"abduction" was not 10pm May 3rd.
To me, there lies the key, the most important factor to unlocking the mystery - the first and last photograph of Madeleine McCann.
Go on...

Of all the compelling indicatives, the absence of Madeleine photographs stands above all else.  For the umpteenth time, families on holiday take scores of photographs (more so than ever in this age of digital photography and mobile phones) so where are they?
It's de rigeur to take stacks of pics on holiday.
It has been the way since Napoleon was a cadet.

It could be argued that additional photographs weren't of interest to the investigation so wouldn't be published (or to be more precise, none of our business) - but I'm not in the mood for argument so that's that out the window.  If any persuasive argument is to be considered I believe this is it - no photographs!  Not only Madeleine but the twins and the parents - it's just not normal.
Which is an undeniable conclusion.
In essence, we really do not have enough photographic "evidence" of that kind, i.e., family pics, to work with to definitively conclude much.
No one is holding a contemporaneous newspaper, stood in front of the Church clock or sporting a conveniently held rolled up paper over one's throat whilst toting a Mannlicher Carcano, a la Oswald.
If anything, what we have seen is all we are meant or allowed to see; which does naught but keep the wild goose chase/red herring industry in clover.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.03.18 13:16

@Mark Willis wrote:If anything, what we have seen is all we are meant or allowed to see; which does naught but keep the wild goose chase/red herring industry in clover.

And it's working to perfection!

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 13:20

@Verdi wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:If anything, what we have seen is all we are meant or allowed to see; which does naught but keep the wild goose chase/red herring industry in clover.

Indeed it is, and we should not be coerced/blindly herded into that melee, like being sent for a long stand, a bucket of steam or a box of sky hooks.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 03.03.18 15:15

@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Indeed it is, and we should not be coerced/blindly herded into that melee, like being sent for a long stand, a bucket of steam or a box of sky hooks.
Got to disagree with you there MW.
Why should we not question where we deem questions need to be answered? Who has the authority to state  which questions should be asked and where ? You can  investigate your way . Just  leave others to do it in their way.

kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.03.18 15:26

@kaz wrote:Who has the authority to state which questions should be asked and where ......

That's a question you should be asking the McCanns. They have been drip feeding the world with what they want you to believe and what they don't want you to believe for nigh on eleven years - as I say, it's worked to perfection.

It's a case of being able to discern their game plan, or not as the case may be.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by inspectorgadget on 03.03.18 15:50

Not in my experience , as a family man.

There might have been the odd day that was special where we/I would take a lot of pics - anything around a swimming pool is obviously good for a laugh. 

But this lot ? The kids were in the creche all the time - where was the opportunity for pics ? The weather wasn't especially good either - so why bother on those days. 

As for the adults - people seem to expect this disparate lot would be snapping away at night  like Japanese tourists. Why ? We've been on holiday several times with another couple and their children and we have very , very few pictures of adult night time jollies. It doesn't seem to me that eating at a Tapas bar every night was much cause for celebration. More like just getting pissed and wishing the holiday would end. 

For the life of me, I've never understood why some people seem to think there should be so much more on the photo front. 

inspectorgadget

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 15:54

@kaz wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Why should we not question where we deem questions need to be answered? Who has the authority to state  which questions should be asked and where ? You can  investigate your way . Just  leave others to do it in their way.
I find it essential to recognise when one is being gaslighted, in this case, being insidiously steered by Team McCann, something they excel at. They want us to obsess over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I, for one, refuse to fall for it and have winnowed my research as far away from preconceived opinion as is practicable. Outlandish conspiracy should be left at Twitter's well worn door.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 16:02

@inspectorgadget wrote:For the life of me, I've never understood why some people seem to think there should be so much more on the photo front. 
Because, irrespective of your personal holiday undertakings, most people these days live vicariously through the lens of a mobile phone. It's a holiday, a special event. People want to capture it for posterity via photos, especially when your children are so young. They won't remember the event as assiduously as adults, so it will be something to show them in the future.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 03.03.18 16:03

@inspectorgadget wrote:Of all the compelling indicatives, the absence of Madeleine photographs stands above all else.  For the umpteenth time, families on holiday take scores of photographs (more so than ever in this age of digital photography and mobile phones) so where are they?

Not in my experience , as a family man.

There might have been the odd day that was special where we/I would take a lot of pics - anything around a swimming pool is obviously good for a laugh. 

But this lot ? The kids were in the creche all the time - where was the opportunity for pics ? The weather wasn't especially good either - so why bother on those days. 

As for the adults - people seem to expect this disparate lot would be snapping away at night  like Japanese tourists. Why ? We've been on holiday several times with another couple and their children and we have very , very few pictures of adult night time jollies. It doesn't seem to me that eating at a Tapas bar every night was much cause for celebration. More like just getting pissed and wishing the holiday would end. 

For the life of me, I've never understood why some people seem to think there should be so much more on the photo front. 
BUT we don't actually KNOW there was a dearth of photographs do we?  We have only SEEN a couple I do admit but that is not to say there weren't dozens of them.
Maybe the ones we have been allowed to see ARE  trying to tell a McCann story and DO  need proper scrutiny. Who knows?

kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 03.03.18 16:10

@Mark Willis wrote:
@kaz wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

I find it essential to recognise when one is being gaslighted, in this case, being insidiously steered by Team McCann, something they excel at. They want us to obsess over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I, for one, refuse to fall for it and have winnowed my research as far away from preconceived opinion as is practicable. Outlandish conspiracy should be left at Twitter's well worn door.
That is your prerogative of course. However, the definition of 'outlandish conspiracy' is debatable. There was a time when ( and is still the case in certain quarters ) anything to do with paedophilia was deemed outrageous conspiracy theory. Question everything I say. It's not as though time is of the essence is it? Over ten years on and we haven't really got much further.

kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 16:19

Question everything? I think we have. What we need now is new evidence of, well, anything. It is dangerous to tread water over where the sharks lie and Team Mc have managed to steer the shoal into The Doldrums.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 03.03.18 16:21

@Mark Willis wrote:
@inspectorgadget wrote:For the life of me, I've never understood why some people seem to think there should be so much more on the photo front. 
Because, irrespective of your personal holiday undertakings, most people these days live vicariously through the lens of a mobile phone. It's a holiday, a special event. People want to capture it for posterity via photos, especially when your children are so young. They won't remember the event as assiduously as adults, so it will be something to show them in the future.
@ inspectorgadget. I must say I agree. Back in 2007 using one's mobile as a camera did not happen as it does now. Addiction to posting on Facebook, Instagram etc. had not happened and selfies were yet to come. In order to take photos one had to lug a camera along, not ideal when playing sports or sailing. I also suspect it was not at all the enjoyable, happy holiday they tried to depict after the disappearance. If my husband had treated me like Gerry did Kate I would have been seething and certainly not in the mood for recording the week! In any case, we aren't snap-happy unless we are at the pyramids, Venice, the Taj Mahal or somewhere worth making the effort. I don't think I'd be much bothered about recording an up-market Butlins like the Ocean Club!

Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.03.18 16:28

By 2002 camera phones were already popular.
"... in 2006, half the world's mobile phones had cameras in them."
People will take photos of anything on holiday - the Mcs and friends did at Donegal.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 03.03.18 16:48

Maybe, for that particular week at The Ocean Club, there was a limited photo policy.......just sayin’ !

polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 03.03.18 16:52

@Mark Willis wrote:By 2002 camera phones were already popular.
"... in 2006, half the world's mobile phones had cameras in them."
People will take photos of anything on holiday - the Mcs and friends did at Donegal.
I never implied that phones did not have cameras in 07, only that the screen and resulting pics were lousy quality so people often relied on cameras instead. Things have come a long way since then. The McCanns' Donegal holiday the previous Easter was a special occasion - an enormous Ferry family reunion, so I would expect photos of the children back in the place where their Grandmother had grown up. However, I must confess, I too, have never spent my holidays snapping away like (as inspectorgadget so aptly put it ) a Japanese tourist. The children were in creche or bed most of the time and, if as I suspect, the interaction between Kate and Gerry was one of "picture - no sound" then I'm not surprised by the dearth of family photos.

Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.03.18 21:47

So now we have yet another excuse to help the McCanns along the way.

OK, so putting aside the present day obsession with mobile phones, tablets and any other device to satiate the lust for digital photography, let's cut the distraction and get back to basics.

Madeleine McCann went on holiday to Portugal with her parents and twin siblings.  They arrived early afternoon on Saturday 28th April 2007 and were due to leave the following Saturday, the 5th May 2007 - the scheduled arrangement being interrupted by Madeleine's disappearance on Thursday 3rd May, so say the McCanns.  Taking them at their word, as we have been brainwashed so to do, that's five days of holiday jollies to record for posterity.

However, in reality, what do we find?  Four photographs of Madeleine McCann - 2 x playground, 1 x tennis court (not confirmed) and 1 x poolside. Two featuring Gerry McCann, two featuring Amelie, one featuring Sean - none featuring Kate McCann.

No beach photographs, no creche photographs, no McCann apartment photographs, no shopping photographs, no Tapas high tea photographs, no Tapas restaurant dinner photographs, no tennis photographs, no kids in the pool photographs?

Come on - be realistic.  There comes a time when the fantasy ends and reality kicks in.  Personally, I'm sick and tired of listening to all the excuses made to exonerate the McCanns.  

No photographs = no Madeleine, it's that simple!

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum